Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2016 9:22:04 PM EDT
Do you or the majority of Britain regret leaving the EU?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't.  I miss my family, but I'm better off here.

ETA:   If you mean Brexit, I would have voted to leave if I was still there. My friends all did.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't.  I miss my family, but I'm better off here.

ETA:   If you mean Brexit, I would have voted to leave if I was still there. My friends all did.
View Quote

Ya that's what I mean.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you or the majority of Britain regret leaving Europe?
View Quote

Brexit?

Not really left yet.

Article 50 has yet to be invoked.  For now the UK Govt is getting its ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.

Personally, no regrets.  I like Europe, the countries and the people.  I despise the bureaucratic left wing clusterfuck that is the EU political machine.  

Had it remained as the original trading group it was intended to be, then I may have a different view.  However it was used as a springboard for political ambition and bureaucracy by people who do not have the European people's best interests at heart.

Nationally, seems like a mixed bag.   Most who voted to leave know it is the right thing and seem to be sticking to their guns..  Some who voted to remain have accepted it and just want to get on with it.  Others will kick and scream until it is done.  There is a broad spectrum of views.

If the vote happened again,  I'd still vote to leave.  No question.

I cannot speak for others though..  

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Curious to see what happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3_I2rfApYk
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been watching a lot of ultra left wing, pro-EU, pro-labour, British Sky News. They've been going out and interviewing people who voted leave, telling them how they're going to destroy the economy, hurt the currency, blah blah blah. The consensus from leave voters seems to be, "my only regret is that they haven't officially left yet."
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I suggest watching brexit the movie on youtube
fascinating look at how the EU scam works , an awful
lot of these politicians aren,t even elected and are deciding peoples futures
one staggering figure that popped out at me was there are 10,000 people on
the eu payroll making the same or more than the british prime minister every year
the eu also throws money at very influential people like the arts crowd who in turn
think that they know better than the average joe and how we should be living our lives .
it,s a great documentary on the brussels gravy train , it,s a shame whats going on .
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:15:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Brexit?

Not really left yet.

Article 50 has yet to be invoked.  For now the UK Govt is getting its ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.

Personally, no regrets.  I like Europe, the countries and the people.  I despise the bureaucratic left wing clusterfuck that is the EU political machine.  

Had it remained as the original trading group it was intended to be, then I may have a different view.  However it was used as a springboard for political ambition and bureaucracy by people who do not have the European people's best interests at heart.

Nationally, seems like a mixed bag.   Most who voted to leave know it is the right thing and seem to be sticking to their guns..  Some who voted to remain have accepted it and just want to get on with it.  Others will kick and scream until it is done.  There is a broad spectrum of views.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brexit?

Not really left yet.

What are some of the specific things the EU did that pushed you to that point?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, they get to make Nissan cars.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brexit?

Not really left yet.

The specifics are too numerous to list.

However:

Expansionist policies
Wealth redistribution
Undermining sovereign governance
Dilution of vote
Trade impositions
Stifling of innovation
Gravy train corruption

Etc.

All the usual stuff you'd expect to be done by an overbearing one-world leftwing tier of bureaucracy which has become a self fulfilling prophecy.

We need Government of some form. That's something that we all understand.  What we don't need is huge government and two of them.  

I want to be able to hold one government to account, not have two sets of liars blaming each other while they busily screw ove the population.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 5:56:07 AM EDT
[#11]
NoRagrets.necktattoo.jpeg
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:09:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

It was full of foreigners. "Foreigners" are pretty much our "line in the sand".

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:21:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Too early to say. We haven't left yet.

I doubt I will. Let me get this straight I'm a proud European I love  Europe and its history. I love the countries and the people. Just look at it, anybody who has ever traveled there will understand.

Now with that out of the way even if it all goes tits up I probably still won't regret it just in general principle. I'm old fashioned I belive in things like democracy not unelected beurocrats feathering bankers nests and their own for that matter.
 I didn't like that it seemed we were the only ones who obeyed Europe diktats while France did what the fuck it wanted. I have issues with open borders ( not that I actually think most of Eu immigration was bad, third world immigration is bad, an economic net loss and cultural suicide eu immigration not so.)  
I think in general most Europeans share similar cultures beliefs and work ethics and in general are a benefit. However the sheer number of them is an issue. Go to any hospital,doctors surgery, try and get a dentist, try and get a place in your local school. It's unsustainable.

All this doom and gloom it utter shite mainland needs us and they know it, the way they tried to put us off so hard proves it. We don't need them we can now set up trade deals anywhere without having to please the walloons etc etc. Worry about Frances fears of us box sets.

The mainland needs to deal with us, we can now deal with them and Singapore, Philippines Canada, Africa etc etc.  

It will work out well, I belive that and the eu politicians fear that, they will try and break us so others don't leave when they see we are successful.  The constant propaganda from our media is atrocious its staggering.

But the best bit is all the remoaners Lamentations and tears. It's music to my ears.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 6:35:41 AM EDT
[#14]
I voted leave, everyone I've cared to ask has said they voted leave; I have no regrets and would vote leave again if they tried to do another referendum. I know they wouldn't, that'd be essentially telling over half the country that they have no political agency and things would get a bit interesting to say the least. As for my line in the sand it was essentially people who I never voted for telling my country what to do and my politicians using them as a scapegoat to just shrug their shoulders and say "lol it's Europe's fault m8" and their plans for a central army - fuck that. I could go on but I won't, it does no good, it's happening and that's that. Whatever happens happens.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I doubt I will. Let me get this straight I'm a proud European I love  Europe and its history. I love the countries and the people. Just look at it, anybody who has ever traveled there will understand.

Now with that out of the way even if it all goes tits up I probably still won't regret it just in general principle. I'm old fashioned I belive in things like democracy not unelected beurocrats feathering bankers nests and their own for that matter.
 I didn't like that it seemed we were the only ones who obeyed Europe diktats while France did what the fuck it wanted. I have issues with open borders ( not that I actually think most of Eu immigration was bad, third world immigration is bad, an economic net loss and cultural suicide eu immigration not so.)  
I think in general most Europeans share similar cultures beliefs and work ethics and in general are a benefit. However the sheer number of them is an issue. Go to any hospital,doctors surgery, try and get a dentist, try and get a place in your local school. It's unsustainable.

All this doom and gloom it utter shite mainland needs us and they know it, the way they tried to put us off so hard proves it. We don't need them we can now set up trade deals anywhere without having to please the walloons etc etc. Worry about Frances fears of us box sets.

The mainland needs to deal with us, we can now deal with them and Singapore, Philippines Canada, Africa etc etc.  

It will work out well, I belive that and the eu politicians fear that, they will try and break us so others don't leave when they see we are successful.  The constant propaganda from our media is atrocious its staggering.

But the best bit is all the remoaners Lamentations and tears. It's music to my ears.
View Quote

Why not, and how long do they think it will take?

It seems like y'all would/should put their feet to fire to GTFO.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pressure to leave has not subsided, but there is a recognition that this is not something that will happen overnight.

It's going take around 2 years from the time that Article 50 is invoked.

The EU were demanding that the UK Govt invoke Article 50 immediately.  This would have allowed them to put the UK Govt on the back foot and apply immense pressure to accept terms that the UK is not prepared to accept.  It also would have set the precedent for any other nations wishing to leave the EU in terms of forming the basis of expectation for how other nations considering leaving the EU would have been compelled to respond to such a referendum in their own right.

The EU is desperate to stop other member states from following the UK in leaving the EU.  They want to make an example of the UK and scare other nations into thinking twice before following suit.

The lead-in time is quite deliberate and has allowed the UK Govt to start looking at the impact of Brexit on a range of factors, put contingency plans in place, and explore the strategies open to us as we exact ourselves from 23 years EU treaties.   The UK has essentially told the EU bureaucrats who are making demands for Article 50 to be invoked to pound sand.  We will do it when we are good and ready and not a day before. We are calling the shots and they do not like it.

The complexity of the process of seceding is a good indication of just how invasive the EU policy machine has been in trying to extend its insidious influence into the national governance of member sates.

It is important to get this right.  We are not sticking two fingers up to Europe, we are sticking to fingers up to the EU which isa political entity and a self fulfilling prophecy of one-world hyper-bureaucracy that is seeking to control at a macro and micro level all activities within member states.

The overall objective is to extract ourselves from a political system we no longer want to be part of, while still maintaining our relationships with our European neighbours.   The EU as a political entity was only formed in 1993. Europe as a continent of nations has been around for many centuries.

The UK is pioneering this process.  We need to get it right to show that it can be done, and despite the best effort so the machiavellian Eurocrats member states can withdraw from the Political union without losing the context of the original trading partnerships with our neighbours.

The UK, with it's own currency, stronger economy, physical and political independence is ideal placed to be the first to undertake this process and could pave the way for other nations to do the same if they so choose.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

However:

Expansionist policies
Wealth redistribution
Dilution of vote
Trade impositions
Stifling of innovation
Gravy train corruption

Etc.

All the usual stuff you'd expect to be done by an overbearing one-world leftwing tier of bureaucracy which has become a self fulfilling prophecy.

We need Government of some form. That's something that we all understand.  What we don't need is huge government and two of them.  

I want to be able to hold one government to account, not have two sets of liars blaming each other while they busily screw ove the population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brexit?

Not really left yet.

However:

Expansionist policies
Wealth redistribution
Dilution of vote
Trade impositions
Stifling of innovation
Gravy train corruption

Etc.

The EU was one of those things that looks good on paper and in theory but is an Awful idea in real life.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top