BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why would I be mad?  It's all entertainment for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Shame the one guy got killed.

Finicum got what he wanted: a shootout with the cops.  It just didn't turn out like he'd fantasized.

Oh well.

You won't admit it, but the result of this case makes you mad. That makes me happy.

Why would I be mad?  It's all entertainment for me.

Of course it is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:06:00 AM EDT
[#2]
So there were 15 FBI informants in the group..

Exactly how many people were actually there? Like 30?   So half of them were feds?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Some animals & all that.  OR, great to see Staff has relaxed their abhorrence to those words.  

Riiiggghhhttt...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.

Finicum got what he wanted: a shootout with the cops.  It just didn't turn out like he'd fantasized.

Oh well.

Some animals & all that.  OR, great to see Staff has relaxed their abhorrence to those words.  

Riiiggghhhttt...  

The new phrase is "I'll have a Coke."
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't forget, one of them took out a SBA loan for his - gasp - small business. So that makes them welfare leeches. I learned that here in GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I need to read the full story but...  to borrow a phrase from TV detective shows, they got off on a technicality?

If so, then fine.  You still don't barge in and occupy some place that isn't yours.  Not a whole lot different from BLM protesters taking over a public university building.
How many BLMers are facing federal charges?  

I'm guessing zero.

That's the problem here.  massive double standard.  Democrats, from Clinton on down can do virtually anything without consequence.  Some guys break into a basically unoccupied outhouse in the middle of nowhere and they act like somebody stole a nuclear bomb.

Don't forget, one of them took out a SBA loan for his - gasp - small business. So that makes them welfare leeches. I learned that here in GD.
One also was a farmer of foster kids and his cow farm was but a hobby. But he claimed he was a rancher.

The fact that he took out a SBA is funny. He claimed he was against the Fed, that the Fed stole people's money through taxation, etc, etc, etc.... yet he took a SBA loan (tax money) and sucked the gov tit while bemoaning the body said tit is attached too.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#5]
You're never gonna hear me say what the ranchers did was right, but once you go to court, do things according to the system and beat it legally, and still keep people in jail and arrest their lawyer when he rightfully throws a stink about it, that ain't right.

I think they just stirred the pot up for more shenanigans.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:22:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nope.... I'm actually quite glad.  

I think the Bundy Fundies Ewok Village Adventure Camp with Kung-fu Grip were a bunch of retards but I'm glad that they used the 1st Amendment as a defense.

The biggest thing that saved their asses was the jury pool. It wasn't city dwellers from Portland but a wide range of folks form across Oregon; many of them rural.

Their cause was fucking retardly stupid but the 1st Amendment isn't.

But you claim to be part of a federal agency that isn't restricted by the 4th Amendment, was formed primarily to enforce revenue collection, and isn't restricted by the Posse Comitatus Act.  

Yet you call some of us the bad guys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is outstanding news.  There is still some justice.  Now if we can get the feds on trial for murder, that would really ice the cake.
I am betting a lot of JBT's are pissed right now.
Nope.... I'm actually quite glad.  

I think the Bundy Fundies Ewok Village Adventure Camp with Kung-fu Grip were a bunch of retards but I'm glad that they used the 1st Amendment as a defense.

The biggest thing that saved their asses was the jury pool. It wasn't city dwellers from Portland but a wide range of folks form across Oregon; many of them rural.

Their cause was fucking retardly stupid but the 1st Amendment isn't.

But you claim to be part of a federal agency that isn't restricted by the 4th Amendment, was formed primarily to enforce revenue collection, and isn't restricted by the Posse Comitatus Act.  

Yet you call some of us the bad guys.

I don't claim to be anything except retired, for more than a decade now.  That monstrosity, waterborne swat team, known as the CG is not the same service I joined many years ago.  DHS is a cancer and has infected all of the services that live under its umbrella.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Good verdict!!   I wouldn't be surprised to find that this verdict is the start of a "nullification trend" when it comes to this sort of thing.

Nevertheless, the Feds have to be pissed!!!  

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good verdict!!   I wouldn't be surprised to find that this verdict is the start of a "nullification trend" when it comes to this sort of thing.

View Quote

Let's hope so. The Feds don't follow the law so we shouldn't be constrained by it either, and our best defense at this time is to stand together and nullify whenever possible.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i suck at hotlinks
This is the lawyer speaking after he was released.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bj75IkYXJj0&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

His response to the reporters' question, "how are you, physically".
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:19:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
Not gonna happen. They'll just sho for a better venue and jurors.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:43:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Either of you can back up your claimed 'facts' whenever you like, you know. Because until you do, it's just made-up wharblgarbl from what seems like two disappointed fellows.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somewhere, in there, should be inserted, 'The lawyer started hollering, and carrying on, and, wouldn't settle down and listen to the Judge'.  From what I've read on it, any ways.

Facts are irrelevant, you'll cause confusion.

Either of you can back up your claimed 'facts' whenever you like, you know. Because until you do, it's just made-up wharblgarbl from what seems like two disappointed fellows.

The story appears to have changed a wee bit, since I read that morning.  Comes across, not so cut and dried, now.  <<shrug>>

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/as_trial_ends_surreal_scene_le.html

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told him that there was a U.S. Marshal's hold on him from a pending federal indictment in Nevada.

"No, he's released on these charges. He's acquitted. Nevada doesn't have jurisdiction,'' Mumford yelled, standing before the judge. "If there's a detainer, show me.''

"Mr. Mumford, you really need to never yell at me now or never again,'' the judge responded.

Brown told Mumford that she's releasing Bundy on all federal holds in the Oregon case, but he'll have to take up any questions about the federal holds from the Nevada case with the U.S. Marshals Service.

"If they want him, they know where to find him,'' Mumford told the judge. "I don't see any paper proving their authority to hold him.'

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not particularly but whatever gets your rocks off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good.

Oh well.

Such butthurt

lol

Not particularly but whatever gets your rocks off.

There's that tank icon again, such an interesting correlation.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
The state of Oregon is going to file charges on them now.  No double jeopardy between the two systems.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#17]

The Hillary defense is taking the world by storm!

Juror 4: Oregon standoff prosecutors failed to prove' 'intent' to impede federal workers

Good article here:

From Oregonlive
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:55:29 AM EDT
[#18]
A bunch of Arfcom cheering on FSA thieves, lol.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

If they are thieves, put them on trial for theft.  

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't personally care.  But a lot of folks here need to wire their shit straight.

Either it's okay to be FSA and bite the hand that feeds, then take over property that doesn't belong to you, steel a truck and some heavy equipment, vandalize it and leave garbage everywhere, and cost tax payers huge amounts of money, or it isn't.  Now we have a situation where the jury has said it's okay to do that.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#21]
so did the OSP and FBI HRT kill that man for no reason?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't personally care.  But a lot of folks here need to wire their shit straight.

Either it's okay to be FSA and bite the hand that feeds, then take over property that doesn't belong to you, steel a truck and some heavy equipment, vandalize it and leave garbage everywhere, and cost tax payers huge amounts of money, or it isn't.  Now we have a situation where the jury has said it's okay to do that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You apparently have this jury confused with SCOTUS.  The jury isn't allowed to legislate from the bench, nor impose penalties because they don't like them.

The jury could only find them guilty or innocent of conspiracy.  While what you listed may or may not be "OK", that isn't what they were charged with apparently.

Shrugs.  Sounds like the government needs to get their shit wired tight.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:40:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What "hand that feeds"?   What the everloving fuck are you talking about?

Look, we're talking about a handful of clowns with piss poor judgement and a bunch of enabling informants here, sure, but there isn't anything "FSA" about this.

You're really going to sit there beating the law and order drum when it's clear that the rule of law is long gone already?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Oh come on, it's kind of funny that these dorks shoved the Fed's shit in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

poop thread!
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Look, we're talking about a handful of clowns with piss poor judgement and a bunch of enabling informants here, sure, but there isn't anything "FSA" about this.

You're really going to sit there beating the law and order drum when it's clear that the rule of law is long gone already?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This all started with him not paying his cheap grazing fees to the BLM.  Basically he is running a ranch off federal hand-outs instead of buying enough of his own property or leasing private property.

Then he got upset at the BLM for raising the prices, refused to pay any of it, and then took over a wildlife refuge instead of BLM land.  

I don't have an opinion on the guy that got shot.  The only thing I can tell from the crappy video is that he obviously tried to run a roadblock and acted like a fool after the vehicle was stopped.  I can't tell whether he was reaching for his pistol or not.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, it kind of is.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:54:17 PM EDT
[#30]
We live in a "Banana Republic" where CORRUPTION is King...  The Nazi bastards will have to answer to "WE THE PEOPLE" when the day comes....
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Nope.... Jury nullified the case based on the 1st Amendment and the right to protest.    

Nothing will come out of this. The Fed will still go after the Bundy Clan in NV and do better selection of a jury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bright side,this ends up with it being legal to carry on Federal property in X years.

Seriously though,if you can carry in a national park why not on a godforsaken wildlife refuge or to the post office...
Nope.... Jury nullified the case based on the 1st Amendment and the right to protest.    

Nothing will come out of this. The Fed will still go after the Bundy Clan in NV and do better selection of a jury.

You don't know Nevada.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The story appears to have changed a wee bit, since I read that morning.  Comes across, not so cut and dried, now.  <<shrug>>

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/10/as_trial_ends_surreal_scene_le.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somewhere, in there, should be inserted, 'The lawyer started hollering, and carrying on, and, wouldn't settle down and listen to the Judge'.  From what I've read on it, any ways.

Facts are irrelevant, you'll cause confusion.

U.S. District Judge Anna J. Brown told him that there was a U.S. Marshal's hold on him from a pending federal indictment in Nevada.

"No, he's released on these charges. He's acquitted. Nevada doesn't have jurisdiction,'' Mumford yelled, standing before the judge. "If there's a detainer, show me.''

"Mr. Mumford, you really need to never yell at me now or never again,'' the judge responded.

Brown told Mumford that she's releasing Bundy on all federal holds in the Oregon case, but he'll have to take up any questions about the federal holds from the Nevada case with the U.S. Marshals Service.

"If they want him, they know where to find him,'' Mumford told the judge. "I don't see any paper proving their authority to hold him.'

It shouldn't be that hard to figure out.  At the state level you have "holds" or "detainers" on file that tell you the subject is not to be released when their charges are resolved, as another jurisdiction has pending charges.  I'm sure that the federal system has something similar between districts.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the poor prosecutor who lost this? lol guess who's moving to Gnome!
View Quote

See the alternate ending for "To Live and Die in L.A.".  Skip to 2:19

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the poor prosecutor who lost this? lol guess who's moving to Gnome!
View Quote

He'll probably get run out of town and have to move far away and open up his own practice in some place like...  upstate New York.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#36]
So, are these guys still in jail waiting for other cases to be heard in court or have they been released ?

Are they free to go ?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#37]
CO-counsel Philpot said "they tased him, it was shocking."  I thought that was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wow.
View Quote

Could you expound on that?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If the judge ordered the marshals to stand down and they didn't why weren't they arrested for contempt of court?

Now THAT would be epic
View Quote

I actually thought it would be funnier to see the judge order the marshal's to arrest themselves.  Now that would have been entertaining.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I can arrange this if you really want it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The cops attacked the defense attorney, in court, for defending his clients.

Where the fuck do I live? What country has this become?

Those scumbags have shamed us all. I am horrified that they are my countrymen.

You live in a shithole banana republic.

Damn. I've never been tased in court, but I know one bailif wanted to. He told me.  

I can arrange this if you really want it.

I'm sure this was said in jest, however it is still rather disturbing.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:56:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm sorry, but these guys aren't the heroes you want.  They aren't exactly role model people.  All they really did was give us a bad name.  I mean yes it was a bird sanctuary, but they destroyed artifacts, and stole stuff, including a govt owned ma deuce.  They gave us a bad name, tried to run over police officers, and the guy who got shot was grabbing an SR9 after surrendering.  Give it a few years and everyone will see this as another Waco TX.  I was in the area after it was over and talked to the locals, turns out the police had to keep the fuckers from trespassing on a bunch of farmers lands, these farmers btw supported the police.  If you want the actual story talk to someone who was there.  

My guess is that there is more to this story, like usual.
Sometimes the govt is actually there to help, despite initial guesses.
If you are looking for a hero or martyr look somewhere else.  These aren't the people you are looking for.  Pick a better role model who isn't a dipshit.  

I understand if you disagree with me, but at least try to see this from a few perspectives.  

My opinion?  Fuck em, they deserve time in prison 10-15 years might let them know that what they did was wrong.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

3 of them were representing themselves too and still beat the feds.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
All they really did was give us a bad name.  I mean yes it was a bird sanctuary, but they destroyed artifacts, and stole stuff, including a govt owned ma deuce.  
View Quote

They stole an M2 Browning machine gun?
WTH are you talking about?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:37:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All they really did was give us a bad name.  I mean yes it was a bird sanctuary, but they destroyed artifacts, and stole stuff, including a govt owned ma deuce.  

No. Some tard stole one from a gun store and was on his way to join them with it when he was caught.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top