BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you have a valid license to carry and you declare the gun ,  they offer you a locker to use until you leave the park.

Same goes for a knife, license to carry or not.
View Quote

Link? or Source?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]
What exactly does "CCW" stand for?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Tactical teams?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont' get the obsession people have with CCW at WDW or a major theme park if you are that concerned don't go. Its  a private property.

You could CCW in disney parks in past, because they would only do bag checks,  although it was a stupid idea because if you got caught you just ruined the family vacation.

There is a pretty significant amount of plain clothes at the park.

However after Orlando Pulse Shooting, WDW instituted random Metal Detector checks.

Eggsactly.....You never wondered why there are so many people just walking around not riding rides? You ever wonder why there are 5 guys working on somthing, but only 3 know what they are actually doing? Stuff like that man.

There is also a huge underground tunnel system in which the tactical teams wait and watch.

Tactical teams?

Yes...you remember the two man knife teams in Nam?

It's the same thing but they don't use knives obviously. they use MP5s and they are equipped with NVGs and IR beacons.

The reason is that WDW has a SOP that if there were to be a problem at night they will cut all lights to the theme park and then the Tactical Teams will then be the only ones able to see and they will be able to nuetralize the threat without all of the guest seeing what happens.

WDW has a long history of being discrete about not having guests seeing accidents and seeing their Tac Teams make grabs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You don't get out of the house much, do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm here all night folks.....

You don't get out of the house much, do you?

The joy of owning your own company.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:18:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Concealed Carry of a Weapon other states like Virginia it's a Concealed Handgun License or Concealed Weapons License or Concealed Weapons Permit etc.

I think in FL its called a CWL really.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Closed Circuit Weaponry.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Concealed Carry of a Weapon other states like Virginia it's a Concealed Handgun License or Concealed Weapons License or Concealed Weapons Permit etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I knew what it generally meant, just didn't know exactly what it stood for. In FL its a Concealed Weapons Permit or CWP.

Just kinda weird seeing it used as a noun and a verb, doesn't flow right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:27:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's the same thing but they don't use knives obviously. they use MP5s and they are equipped with NVGs and IR beacons.

The reason is that WDW has a SOP that if there were to be a problem at night they will cut all lights to the theme park and then the Tactical Teams will then be the only ones able to see and they will be able to nuetralize the threat without all of the guest seeing what happens.

WDW has a long history of being discrete about not having guests seeing accidents and seeing their Tac Teams make grabs.
View Quote

Someone has to have a live leak video...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah I knew what it generally meant, just didn't know exactly what it stood for. In FL its a Concealed Weapons Permit or CWP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Concealed Weapon or Firearm License.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

That would be a CWOFL
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Clinton Cancelling Whiteness
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You would think, but the only known incident was in 96 well before smart phones and regular camcorders back then didn't record at night well enough to see anything.

I mean you never wondered why they don;t like you using lights of flash photography? That's the reason, they cut the lights and your camera can't see shit.

To be honest, I don't know what they are going to do when camera's on smart phones get such good ISO numbers that they practically will be night vision.

The word is that, WDW has been phasing in Thermal imaging goggles instead of IR/NVg and when they need to go live, they will turn on these huge IR generators that will render any type of smart phone camera from actually capturing any thing but a bug white light.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm on the tac team at WDW. AMA! My side hustle was door gunner on the Space Shuttle. With that program scrapped, I'm looking for a new side hustle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe he just wanted to meet Roy?  You know they came a long way.

http://media2.fdncms.com/orlando/imager/u/blog/2458380/screen_shot_2015-12-18_at_10.18.08_am.png
View All Quotes

I had the same Crossman pellet gun as a child.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm on the tac team at WDW. AMA! My side hustle was door gunner on the Space Shuttle. With that program scrapped, I'm looking for a new side hustle.
View Quote

I want to believe you but I need verification......from the top of Cinderella's castle's sniper nest to the host stand at the Crystal palace how much of a drop is that?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

They announced deeper security after Pulse.  Prior to that, it was trivial to get a knife or handgun past security.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont' get the obsession people have with CCW at WDW or a major theme park if you are that concerned don't go. Its  a private property.

You could CCW in disney parks in past, because they would only do bag checks,  although it was a stupid idea because if you got caught you just ruined the family vacation.

However after Orlando Pulse Shooting, WDW instituted random Metal Detector checks.

No, they were doing it well before Pulse.

They announced deeper security after Pulse.  Prior to that, it was trivial to get a knife or handgun past security.

Nope.  I'm a passholder.  The stepped up security happened way before Pulse, and they weren't secretive about it either.  They started beefing up security last year during the holidays, and have been on it since.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You would think, but the only known incident was in 96 well before smart phones and regular camcorders back then didn't record at night well enough to see anything.

I mean you never wondered why they don;t like you using lights of flash photography? That's the reason, they cut the lights and your camera can't see shit.

To be honest, I don't know what they are going to do when camera's on smart phones get such good ISO numbers that they practically will be night vision.

The word is that, WDW has been phasing in Thermal imaging goggles instead of IR/NVg and when they need to go live, they will turn on these huge IR generators that will render any type of smart phone camera from actually capturing any thing but a bug white light.
View Quote

Disney obviously has the money to do such things like thermal imagers/monoculars and trained private armed security but I am going to take it with a grain of salt. I would be more inclined to believe that they pay the local police or sheriff for extra armed security and said as part of the deal while your here at the park you can use this equipment, here is the map to the tunnels etc and the locals have to sign a non disclosure agreement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Disney obviously has the money to do such things like thermal imagers/monoculars and trained private armed security but I am going to take it with a grain of salt. I would be more inclined to believe that they pay the local police or sheriff for extra armed security and said as part of the deal while your here at the park you can use this equipment, here is the map to the tunnels etc and the locals have to sign a non disclosure agreement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd agree with you but have you seen the salaries of Orange county PD? Very high. It's much cheaper for them to pay guys that had enough of the WOT to work at WDW.

It's a sweet gig. They stay at similar housing the kids that do the Disney College Program, all free and then there meals are free at any of the quick service places. They also get huge discounts on everything else. Free medical care at the on sire infirmary.

A side note. WDW has a full scale surgical center with Surgeons on staff and all the latest in hospital imagery and lab tech. This is actually there for when VIPs visit the park, if somthing were to happen they could keep it under wraps and not risk going to the local hospital and word getting out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd agree with you but have you seen the salaries of Orange county PD? Very high. It's much cheaper for them to pay guys that had enough of the WOT to work at WDW.

It's a sweet gig. They stay at similar housing the kids that do the Disney College Program, all free and then there meals are free at any of the quick service places. They also get huge discounts on everything else. Free medical care at the on sire infirmary.

A side note. WDW has a full scale surgical center with Surgeons on staff and all the latest in hospital imagery and lab tech. This is actually there for when VIPs visit the park, if somthing were to happen they could keep it under wraps and not risk going to the local hospital and word getting out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard that OPD gets 1.5x standard overtime pay for working shifts at the parks... so they almost always meet their manpower requirement just by tossing a fistful of cash at the issue.  The only times LEO actually has to fill manpower are holiday weekends.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Does WDW have metal detectors now? I may or may not have CCW there a few years ago without incident. Concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does WDW have metal detectors now? I may or may not have CCW there a few years ago without incident. Concealed means concealed.
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Ouch. The lines must be a bitch now. I'm glad my kids are old enough to not care for WDW.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:06:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

well now we know what happens when you get caught CCW'ing at WDW
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a good idea.

He didn't have a CCW. That's the reason for the arrest.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The license says Concealed Weapon or Firearm License

CCW is referencing the actual weapon IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That would be a CWOFL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be a CWOFL

Yeah but lic. header...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What time of year did you go?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Disney has a team of high speed dudes on site.   I was staying at Wilderness Lodge a couple of years ago and saw a group of guys running drills in the lagoon early one morning in zodiacs (or something like that).  Sure looked like a spec-ops-type shit.

It was either mid-December of 2012 or mid-April of 2013.  They were so close together that I can't remember which trip it was.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:20:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It was either mid-December of 2012 or mid-April of 2013.  They were so close together that I can't remember which trip it was.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Disney has a team of high speed dudes on site.   I was staying at Wilderness Lodge a couple of years ago and saw a group of guys running drills in the lagoon early one morning in zodiacs (or something like that).  Sure looked like a spec-ops-type shit.

That's what I suspected, they train in the colder months. To the naysayers, it really doesn't start to get cold down there until December and April can still be very cold for the area.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I heard that OPD gets 1.5x standard overtime pay for working shifts at the parks... so they almost always meet their manpower requirement just by tossing a fistful of cash at the issue.  The only times LEO actually has to fill manpower are holiday weekends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OPD....sure....if you really think that's OPD
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Not with his gun. Return it to your car, lock it up in the security office, or don't go into the park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a good idea.

He didn't have a license to carry.

So if he did, they would have just let him in there?

Not with his gun. Return it to your car, lock it up in the security office, or don't go into the park.

Not anymore. This changed in the past year.

You'll be banned from the park, even if you declare it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Tell me more about the WDW snipers.  
View Quote

They are Space Mountain Door Gunners.  Its the elite group within the SSDG world.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
Sweet contract gig for former space shuttle door gunners.

Dang, read the thread, beat like a rented mule

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:.

I really never understood the reason to CCW at WDW. If there is an active shooter and you are trying to help out all you are going to do is get shot by one of the snipers.

That place is filled with sniper nest. If have been to WDW lately it will make sense to you why they designed 7D's mine train and Be Our guest mountain they way they did.
View Quote

Dude, are you high right now?

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:.

I really never understood the reason to CCW at WDW. If there is an active shooter and you are trying to help out all you are going to do is get shot by one of the snipers.

That place is filled with sniper nest. If have been to WDW lately it will make sense to you why they designed 7D's mine train and Be Our guest mountain they way they did.

High on the facts
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's not horrible considering it is well known you are not to carry at WDW.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a good idea.

Trespass warning it seems if you have a CCW license

I just won't go.  Can't carry.   Not welcome.   No loss.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was a good idea.

Trespass warning it seems if you have a CCW license

I can understand your position on that, which is why I made my wife and son take krav Magra as a pre requisite to go to WDW.

Plus I heard there are classes you can take that go over all the tactical defenses you can muster while in the parks.

Supposedly some of the retired NASA Operators are going to put on the classes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nope.  I'm a passholder.  The stepped up security happened way before Pulse, and they weren't secretive about it either.  They started beefing up security last year during the holidays, and have been on it since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, they were doing it well before Pulse.

They were doing random checks at the end of May. I always carried my knife, but left the pistol in the car. Universal busted me with the knife.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#39]
The Rat strikes again.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What do you think all of the space shuttle door gunners were going to do when that program ended? Disney is just down the road from KSC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you think all of the space shuttle door gunners were going to do when that program ended? Disney is just down the road from KSC.

They all work Space Mountain.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some one might actually believe your BS I guess maybe if they were drunk.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
"Shall not be Infringed"

Show me where in the constitution is says that property rights supercede constitutional-guaranteed individual rights.
View Quote

Oh now you did it
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I guess maybe if they were drunk.
View Quote

Makers Mark and this is mildly entertaining so fuck it lets keep going.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Apple has software that can shut down any iDevice camera in the range of the emitter, too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Shall not be infringed......except where Donald and Mickey live.

Whole lotta stupid in Floriduh
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#47]
But the average poster in GD worries about terror attacks there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Apple has software that can shut down any iDevice camera in the range of the emitter, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't know about that, like I said my source only spills the beans on WDW spec ops when I get him to drink too many Viking coffees at Epcot.

Id imagine the droid and blackberry OS have a similar program

Also, I asked him about a small EMP to disable everyone's electronics. He said it wouldn't work because WDW doesn't want to spend the money to sheild their electronics and most importantly shomer-Tec doesn't offer one. They are WDW's main supplier. They get really big discounts because ST's ceo's BIL was into real estate and really helped Walt out in the beginning days acquiring land to build WDW in Orlando.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:06:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
good job Mike.....way to make us look bad.

North of I-10 SR-60, not surprised.
View Quote

* fixed for geographical reality.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Eggsactly.....You never wondered why there are so many people just walking around not riding rides? You ever wonder why there are 5 guys working on somthing, but only 3 know what they are actually doing? Stuff like that man.

There is also a huge underground tunnel system in which the tactical teams wait and watch.
View Quote

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top