BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any more updates?  And I'm in NYC, if anything is needed here then maybe I can help.
View Quote

Nothing substantive to update at this time.  I haven't heard from XO in a couple days.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Bumpage for some fundage.  Prayers for all involved.  So, we do have some folks who are going to adopt the little dudes or what?
View Quote

She's making a lot of tough decisions right now.  Things are complicated.

Nothing is resolved at present.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#4]
in for a b. franklin
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This has been cleared with Striker.

Many of you who were around 2012 ETA 2011 and prior probably remember Stryker_11A (real name Pat Smith).  He died in a motorcycle accident in November 2012  ETA 2011, IIRC.  (I can't believe it's been that long)

His wife was just diagnosed with terminal cancer at the age of 47.

Pat didn't have much in the way of family.  Neither does his wife, Mariah.

Pat and Mariah had two sons, both very young when Pat died.  

Pat was a character, in a good way.  Mariah never really recovered from the shock of Pat's death.

After Pat died, Mariah took the boys back to Canada (she is Canadian).

They are now going to be orphans.
https://2dbdd5116ffa30a49aa8-c03f075f8191fb4e60e74b907071aee8.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/15409809_1476892323.7247.jpg

https://2dbdd5116ffa30a49aa8-c03f075f8191fb4e60e74b907071aee8.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/15409809_1476839705.393_funddescription.jpg
See link below.  Text is cut and paste from the gofundme site.

I believe Julie Connoly is Maria's doctor.

If you can't contribute because finances won't allow, remember them in your prayers.

Primus
Link: https://www.gofundme.com/mariahandfamily?ssid=778152795&pos=2

Text:

Two beautiful kids originally lost their veteran father in a motor vehicle accident. Their mother, Mariah, is now terminal with cancer. We need any help available.

My name is Julie and I'm hoping that anyone with the means to give, can find it in your heart to help these 2 young brothers.

Mariah?s Battle with Cancer

Mariah is a beautiful mother. She is 47 years old. She developed a huge deep venous thrombosis, presenting as arm pain in early October 2016. It spanned three large veins in her left shoulder area, including her axillary, subclavian and jugular. It was found to be Cancer.

Upon further imaging, it has been found that she has extensive tumours in her lungs and mediastinum, surrounding her heart. Moreover, her liver is full of metastatic tumours. The primary source of the cancer is unknown but it appears to be from the lung. She is a lifetime non-smoker and previously she was a respiratory therapist.

Without treatment she may have as little as 4-6 months to live. With treatment, she may have as much as one year.

The Father

The boy?s father passed away due to a motor vehicle accident on his way to work ( http://articles.philly.com/2011-11-02/news/30350575_1_iraq-war-beiji-first-battalion ).

The Plan

With no current guardian for the children, Mariah has to make huge decisions about their future. She is focusing her remaining time on her sons and is not working. She is living with the funds from her late husband's insurance which is depleting.

Any funds would be used for funeral arrangements, legal fees for guardianship, care, and a protected trust for the children?s future.

Please do what you can to help Mariah and her family. Any contribution will be very much appreciated.

Please help by sharing!

Julie Connolly

View Quote

ETA  Pat's Obituary from 2012 2011

In and prayers too

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Prayers, donation, shared, and offer to adopt sent.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good man!

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:57:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
God Bless you.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotta keep up with Slims and Company!!!!!

Donated again.  

Let's do this guys.  Help those boys.

even 5 bucks you won't miss it but it will help.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gotta keep up with Slims and Company!!!!!

Donated again.  

Let's do this guys.  Help those boys.

even 5 bucks you won't miss it but it will help.
View Quote

Not a contest when helping a member's family.

I'll second that if all you have spare is $5, that's better than nothing.

For real, these kids are going to be orphaned.

Anything you can spare is welcome. No dollar is unwelcome.

Link Posted: 11/6/2016 5:53:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just don't know what to say....donated. Wish this would get un-tacked. Most people seem to ignore the tacked threads.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just don't know what to say....donated. Wish this would get un-tacked. Most people seem to ignore the tacked threads.
View Quote
We have a workaround
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

We have a workaround
View Quote

Can you give a hint?  I don't want to miss anything.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Go fund me is working now.  Tried on two different days and no go.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We have a workaround

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1924683_LOOK_AT_TACKED_THREADS.html&page=1

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#16]
$100 done

Wish I could do more right now.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

$100 done
Wish I could do more right now.

View Quote
That's very generous.  God bless
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 2:12:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Prayers for them little boys and their family.

Stryker's Obit says he has 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Not one of them can take care of the boys? Has the wife even reached out to them?  I find it hard to believe that all 6 of them are pieces of shit.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Stryker's Obit says he has 4 sisters and 2 brothers. Not one of them can take care of the boys? Has the wife even reached out to them?  I find it hard to believe that all 6 of them are pieces of shit.

View Quote

That is a valid question. Even if one would, the financial/emotional burden on that family is great.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Whatever laundry I'm privy to by my friendship with Stryker_11A, I'm not going to air.

The answer to your question is no.

I'll leave it at that.

I'd update if I felt there was anything appropriate to share.  

There isn't.

For all reading this, please repost on your FB.

If you're a member of a congregation, please let your fellow congregants know about this and have them post as well.

Link Posted: 11/9/2016 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#21]
damn sometime life just ain't fair.
I'll donate some from my next paycheck.
Also if somehow an ARFcommer ends up fostering them, I'll also contribute either cash, cloths or whatever they need.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#22]
GoFundMe is not responding.  wtf?
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 5:00:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Reports of GoFundMe not reponding, messages to the GoFundMe contact not answering...
Edit:  I'm concerned about the mom,not gofundme.

Is the mom ok at this point?  Is she capable of handling the planning?  The boys may need a guardian now or the court will appoint one.  She may not have any say in their future at that point.  I'm not an expert or an attorney, just some experience in a similar matter.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Reports of GoFundMe not reponding, messages to the GoFundMe contact not answering...

Is the mom ok at this point?  Is she capable of handling the planning?  The boys may need a guardian now or the court will appoint one.  She may not have any say in their future at that point.  I'm not an expert or an attorney, just some experience in a similar matter.
View Quote

I hope this is not right as my family just sent all that we can to the kids....

$87

Your statement will show this payment as:

WPY*KIDS, ORPHANED BY CAN

November 12, 2016

Dear xxxxxxxx
Thank you for your generous donation to:
Kids, orphaned by cancer

Your payment will be received by:
Julie Connolly

The amount of your donation is:
$87.00

Make Anonymous Edit Comment
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm sorry, I don't mean to scare anyone.  Gofundme is legitimate.  I'm concerned the mom may not be coping well or her health has taken a turn for the worst and is unable to make the decisions she needs to make.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm sorry, I don't mean to scare anyone.  Gofundme is legitimate.  I'm concerned the mom may not be coping well or her health has taken a turn for the worst and is unable to make the decisions she needs to make.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem.  My wife has an incurable cancer, but thank God is still OK.  Prayers out to the kids and family.  And especially, mom.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#27]
No extra funds, as two weeks ago I lost my full time hours and now get 12 hours a week, thanks Obamacare!
...but I am donating a few bucks anyway.
I've got three kids myself, and would hope others would d the same.
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Not much I am at liberty to report.

However, since she did post it on FB, I'll mention it.

She did elect to try chemo.

I won't comment on prognisis other than to say that I don't know if that changes the circumstances in the OP

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Not much I am at liberty to report.

However, since she did post it on FB, I'll mention it.

She did elect to try chemo.

I won't comment on prognisis other than to say that I don't know if that changes the circumstances in the OP
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote
Metastatic Ca to the liver and mediastinum. It's very bleak.  I think her doctor's assessment in the OP took into account the chemo option.  

They are going to need all the help we can give.

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Done. God Bless this family.

ETA: Funds are in Canadian Dollars which has a rather favorable exchange rate for US dollars.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Done. God Bless this family.

ETA: Funds are in Canadian Dollars which has a rather favorable exchange rate for US dollars.
View Quote

Yep, when I saw that I was happy- it made what little I could give go farther.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
How does one go about meeting with and offering to adopt?  I assume they are US citizens but with mom in Canada....

We have lots of love to share.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't have much to spare, but I'm putting what I can towards their cause. I wish there was something more than $$ to contribute, what an awful, awful hand that family was dealt.

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:52:25 PM EDT
[#34]
the go fund me doesn't seem to be working
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  the go fund me doesn't seem to be working
View Quote

Periodic issue.  Try again tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 5:47:24 PM EDT
[#36]
 Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 8:46:15 AM EDT
[#37]
This is a touchy subject for sure, but we just sent a donation again tonight. If those boys haven't found a good solid home my wife and I are unable to have children, and could provide them with all the love and counseling they could ever wish for. We own our farm, it would be a great place for two boy's to try and put a life back together again. I am praying that she gets to at the very least chose where her children go, this is breaking my heart. I can't imagine the horrible pain they must all be dealing with, those boy's are going to need some real help to have a chance at a good adult life. I pray that they can get to a home that will give them everything that's going to be needed for a very slow/painful return to some type of normalcy. Life is tough for this family guys, we need to step up and donate all we can. Is there a way I can put this on my FB account? I really want to help them get as much help as possible. Kiss your children tonight, and pray for these three.
Zuk
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Tried to make another donation just now. The gofundme is still not working.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#40]
@backbencher,
 Thank you very much for the links, I will get them up on FB shortly. Let me know if there is anything else at all we can do to help, this story really hits home, so if we can help out at all we would really like to. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:22:00 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

This is a touchy subject for sure, but we just sent a donation again tonight. If those boys haven't found a good solid home my wife and I are unable to have children, and could provide them with all the love and counseling they could ever wish for. We own our farm, it would be a great place for two boy's to try and put a life back together again. I am praying that she gets to at the very least chose where her children go, this is breaking my heart. I can't imagine the horrible pain they must all be dealing with, those boy's are going to need some real help to have a chance at a good adult life. I pray that they can get to a home that will give them everything that's going to be needed for a very slow/painful return to some type of normalcy. Life is tough for this family guys, we need to step up and donate all we can. Is there a way I can put this on my FB account? I really want to help them get as much help as possible. Kiss your children tonight, and pray for these three.

Zuk
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Subscribed.  Bump for more attention  Only four pages in a month. This thread needs more attention.  Donation inbound.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 12:45:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Subscribed.  Bump for more attention  Only four pages in a month. This thread needs more attention.  Donation inbound.
View Quote

This thread is tacked. Tacking the thread leads to no views. We have a workaround.

This is the thread to bump.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Tried to make another donation just now. The gofundme is still not working.
View Quote

I just tried to make a donation; gofundme is saying there's an issue with the campaign organizer's account.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:11:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Got an update via Gofundme, posting in both threads.

Update 1
Posted by Julie Connolly
5 mins ago

We just wanted to update everyone that Mariah's DX is is an aggressive histology, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma with an extensive spread within the chest cavity and the liver.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 7:47:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll donate and prayers are free; both heading that family's way. Poor kiddos. 

ETA: FUCK CANCER

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Prayers sent . I was thinking someone here needs to adopt them and then someone stepped up. I am thinking if the paperwork is handled before the mom passes this may help the kids a ton .
View Quote

the kids AND mom.
situation 1.) mom dies not knowing her children will be well cared for
situation 2.) mom can enjoy her remaining time with her sons not worrying about them after she is no longer here.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I just noticed this thread, I tried to make a donation but there is still a problem with gofundme. I'll keep trying.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:07:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Something wrong with the gofundme. It tells me "campaign not ready" and won't take my money.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#50]
I just saw this thread, I will try and make a donation later today. What a horrible situation.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top