Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2016 4:26:46 PM EDT

A State Department spokesperson called Russia's move a "PR stunt." Officials in Oklahoma, Louisiana and Texas even threatened to put Russian agents in jail if they catch them at polling places on Election Day.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016/10/21/russia-wanted-to-send-monitors-to-watch-the-us-presidential-elec/21589214/

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Such transparency.  Much freedom.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
We live in interesting times.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't particularly advocate for a foreign government inviting themselves in to my country to 'monitor' voting....but if such a thing as a 'non-partisan' organization actually existed, it would be nice to have elections validated as fair. (As opposed to what they actually are)
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't particularly advocate for a foreign government inviting themselves in to my country to 'monitor' voting....but if such a thing as a 'non-partisan' organization actually existed, it would be nice to have elections validated as fair. (As opposed to what they actually are)
View Quote

But it's cool for Carter to monitor other countries' elections?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I came to post this,  Carter Center has "observed" 103 elections in 39 different countries since since 1989.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell them to bring some vodka and we can watch it together.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#7]
They really have made Clinton and Obama their bitches.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I came to post this,  Carter Center has "observed" 103 elections in 39 different countries since since 1989.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For what it's worth I have no problem with countries observing elections.  They can provide legitimacy or even learn how to do their own elections better.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I trust the Russians a lot more than a Democrat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#11]
And Russia gets the win again!   It would be sort of interesting to tally up all the incidents in which Russia has bested Obama.  My guess is that Russia has come out on top 75% of the time.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

yup and I grew up and served during the cold war..
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#13]
It's perfectly understandable for a regime to threaten legitimate aid workers from the international community with imprisonment for peaceful observation.

After the USSR, the US had a brief window when it longer had any competition forcing it to be moral, and it enjoyed it during the WOT.

Now modern media and China's rise are starting to close the window.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, it was Stalin who said it doesn't matter who votes, it only matters who counts the votes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#15]
That is Master Troll Level.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Their Communist party bosses must think that they can learn some new tricks from the Clinton thugs.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.

I wish they would monitor Philly and Pitt.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That is Master Troll Level.
View Quote

Yup. What's more interesting about this is that people are taking note of the trolling now. I guess everyone in the US is tired of the political establishment.

Also, US just monitored Russian elections a couple months ago, Russians welcomed em (cause they know the majority is voting Putin's party anyway):

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top