Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:13:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder what they are basing the age analysis on? Pure Aluminum cannot be radiocarbon dated. They must have used adjacent material in the strata which could cause all sorts of mix-ups.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aluminum?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, it's a bucket tooth.

Aluminum?

http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Ste-Superior/6008848006949/pdtl/Excavator-bucket-teeth/1079838836.htm

The aluminum in your OP specifically is made from 2000 series. A hardened aluminum stronger than some steels.
http://www.makeitfrom.com/material-group/AA-2000-Series-Aluminum-Copper-Wrought-Alloy

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
LOL, considering the fact that per the above listed composition.... It must be really interesting to date something with CARBON dating that has no carbon in it, much less organic carbon compounds.

They must have "dated" the dirt on it to come up with their numbers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hahaha... Old Commie Bucket Tooth.  

Oh wait no...  Must be a landing foot for an alien spacecraft.

But it was carbon dated, are you saying CD can be wrong?

LOL, considering the fact that per the above listed composition.... It must be really interesting to date something with CARBON dating that has no carbon in it, much less organic carbon compounds.

They must have "dated" the dirt on it to come up with their numbers.

That's what I'm thinking... You can't carbon date stable metals.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
How long have we been able to process Aluminum ?  

About 200~ years now. At one point in the mid to late 19th Century, Aluminum was more valuable than gold.  

This is just BS folks, move along, nothing to see here.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Immediately what I was thinking.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder what they are basing the age analysis on? Pure Aluminum cannot be radiocarbon dated. They must have used adjacent material in the strata which could cause all sorts of mix-ups.
View Quote

Correct, Aluminum, like any other metal oxides in the ground are mixed with quite a wide variety of other substances.

The only way to get pure aluminum is to process it down to pure Aluminum, just like any other metal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would choose the KJV over THE ORIGINAL texts ANY day of the week!!!
And please enlighten me as to who has the original texts!!!!

They never existed as a whole. Only manuscripts (copies) were used for translations NOT originals.

You want truth, and you speak English you get a KJV.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This could possibly be an artifact found from PRE-Noahic flood times.

The Bible clearly states that mankind had knowledge to conduct this type of metallurgy.

GENESIS 4:22 KJV "And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah."

So we know that brass is not a naturally occurring metal, but an alloy. This is also the same group that built the pyramids.

GENESIS Chapter 6 (KJV) clearly states that the "sons of God" were here at that time as well.

And guess what!!! They will be coming back to earth here shortly as well.

MATTHEW 24:37-38 KJV"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,"

Actually, 'Brass' is a poorly translated version from the King James bible, a more accurate translation is Bronze.

Those words are TRUTH!!! You believe what you want, but that Book (KJV) is far superior than anything else.

Never said they weren't, you need to calm down.

The original texts were mistranslated and it was written Brass, when it should've been Bronze. The most superior book will be the original texts.

I would choose the KJV over THE ORIGINAL texts ANY day of the week!!!
And please enlighten me as to who has the original texts!!!!

They never existed as a whole. Only manuscripts (copies) were used for translations NOT originals.

You want truth, and you speak English you get a KJV.

KJV-nazi's are annoying.

There are far earlier and better texts that have been used for more recent translations.  You can find them online, and if you learn a bit of another language read them yourself.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes siree, I am an alien life form that has mastered FTL speed technology and I build my shit out of aluminum and after navigating 100s of thousand of light years past planet asteroids, stars and gravitational fields, I crash my car into the garage while parking it.

FFS!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I guess Prometheus was a documentary.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro, it's a bucket tooth.

Aluminum?

http://www.globalsources.com/si/AS/Ste-Superior/6008848006949/pdtl/Excavator-bucket-teeth/1079838836.htm

The aluminum in your OP specifically is made from 2000 series. A hardened aluminum stronger than some steels.
http://www.makeitfrom.com/material-group/AA-2000-Series-Aluminum-Copper-Wrought-Alloy

Well, I'll be darned.  I lernt somepin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Let me get this right.

We have a piece of aluminum, consistent with what zee Germans were using to make airplanes.

We have a local historian who says it is from the landing gear of a ME-262.

It was found on the shore of a river.

Why are we saying it is an excavator tooth? That makes no sense, the hole is wrong, and the attachment end makes no sense for a tooth, you would put all the force on the bolt. Then you have the whole abrasion resistance issue.

Finding an airplane part 30 feet under the surface of a riverbank 30 years after the crash is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd say let me know when they find a 250k yr old piece of metal that's made of something not on the periodic table
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let me get this right.

We have a piece of aluminum, consistent with what zee Germans were using to make airplanes.

Why are we saying it is an excavator tooth? That makes no sense, the hole is wrong, and the attachment end makes no sense for a tooth, you would put all the force on the bolt. Then you have the whole abrasion resistance issue.

Finding an airplane part 30 feet under the surface of a riverbank 30 years after the crash is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this thing.
View Quote

Bucket tooth / WW2 landing gear part. The point is it isn't a 250,000-year-old piece of UFO.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#15]
A dilapidated piece of aluminum.
Are we sure this didn't come off a modern Russian fighter jet?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Let me get this right.

View Quote

Because it's much more likely that aliens had excavators 250,000 years ago than ME-262's.   Duh.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#17]

.....a war was fought in that area. probably a piece of an aircraft that was shot down or something.

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This could possibly be an artifact found from PRE-Noahic flood times.
The Bible clearly states that mankind had knowledge to conduct this type of metallurgy.

GENESIS 4:22 KJV "And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah."

So we know that brass is not a naturally occurring metal, but an alloy. This is also the same group that built the pyramids.

GENESIS Chapter 6 (KJV) clearly states that the "sons of God" were here at that time as well.

And guess what!!! They will be coming back to earth here shortly as well.
MATTHEW 24:37-38 KJV"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,"
View Quote

Yeah, but Isaac Newton said the world was less than 6000 years old.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:10:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
1. you can not carbon date metal, you need organic matter to carbon date something, wood, bones, something. Metal has no organic matter in it.
2. it was found next to bones 10,000 - 80,000 years old, so how is it 250,000 years old.
3. As every metal detector is knows, things more dense than soil, will sink with time due to normal vibration and action of water and rain.
4. aluminum is denser than soil and will sink with time. Put it along the shore of a river ( where it was found ) and the added motion of the water will make it sink faster. Now add heavy rains and floods on that river , and it will get buried under silt very quickly.

Article is nothing but derp.

it was found in 35 feet of river sand. Everything sinks fast in river sand.

It is a non-sparking aluminum allow dredging or excavator bucket tooth commonly used in mining.
View Quote

Well ... Damn.... There you go with that 'Critical Thinking' crap again

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Pffft...

Already seen this in the documentary title "The Thing"
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#21]
What part on a Bf109 or FW190 matches this?

I recall seeing stories about recovering WWII aircraft wreck in England where the engine could bury itself 20' deep if the plane crashed in the right kind of soil, angle and speed

It's sort of a 2000 series Al alloy.  Like 2219, but the Mn and Si don't match anything else.   That's why my vote is for something German from late WWII, and the slave labor at the foundry was just blending the melt to be "close", With lots impure scrap and wrong blends.  Late war, desperate, hurried production.
They should do some metallography on it too.  
Just to make sure it wasn't manufactured in the gravity well in a binary star system.   I recall some UFO authority saying that's how the Roswell aliens made the superalloys used on their crashed vehicle.  

Now I still think at the last place I worked, that the AF brought in some of the first samples of a Ti alloy and said, "here, make us more of this.  We can't tell you where it came from, or how it was made".  Because there sure weren't anyone there in R&D smart enough to figure out how to process it, much less invent an alloy that was useful.  I want to believe some of those samples came from crashed objects or unknown origin.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#22]
This is really a stupid discussion.

It has already been pointed out that all you have to do is read the bible.

Everything else is bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because it's much more likely that aliens had excavators 250,000 years ago than ME-262's.   Duh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me get this right.

Can't argue with that logic.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#24]
proof of aliens I say no

Proof of time travelers - hell yeah
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh wait no...  Must be a landing foot for an alien spacecraft.

You can't carbon date aluminum. They probably dated the rocks around it.

Guess, what, I can go to lowes, buy a shovel, and jam into a vein of coal and break it off, and leave it for 50 years. That doesn't mean the shovel is as old as the coal.

That thing looks exactly like a excavator tooth. Don't know why it would be aluminum, but hey, I'm not an excavator tooth expert, so I could be wrong.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#26]
This thread is getting real derpy real quick.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I love inanity.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Bucket tooth / WW2 landing gear part. The point is it isn't a 250,000-year-old piece of UFO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get this right.

Bingo.

Most of us aren't familiar with landing gears of ME262's.

And it really doesn't matter.

You can't data aluminum using carbon dating, so who knows how they "dated" it.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#29]
It's shit of a horse.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top