User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
#20.  How exactly does a posi-trac rear-end on a Plymouth work?
View Quote

It just does

Damn it. Beat
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will NOT give a clickbait article my clicks.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#4]
This fucking thread sucks mang!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 2:44:33 AM EDT
[#5]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can explain some of those. The sword that was made with methods not invented untill hundreds of years later? Simple answer is they're wrong about the date that the process was invented. Statue of a human head? What's so confusing about that? Obvious answer is somebody carved a head out of stone. A map with all the continents on it before the continents were known to exist? Same as the sword, somebody knew it earlier than historians believe. #16 the "dogu" statues. Im not seeing what's so unexplainable about them.

I'm not clicking that nonsense but are they talking about the Ulfbergt swords from Scandinavia?

yes

Here so you dont have to click through the whole thing.

http://cyber-breeze.com/these-18-items-found-on-earth-cannot-be-explained/6/

#13 Ulfberht Viking Swords

http://cyber-breeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/006-13-ulfberht-viking-swords-261069.jpg

These swords date back to around the 9th or 10th century. These weapons were made with such a pure type of metal that they would have been very incredible in battle. But the strangest thing is, the technique needed to create this piece wasn’t even invented until 800 years once these were forged. Also, check out number 12 for another item that is years and years ahead of its time.

Looks like the word "dipshit" on the sword.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:02:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These things are fascinating. There is a great documentary on them done by Nova. It is available on YouTube. It was really well done. It explains in depth the metallurgy and how they were actually made. It is theorized that the Persians actually made them to order for Viking traders. Much like real Damascus steel, the secrets were kept with a small group of people and was lost over time. There were even counterfeits from the same time frame. Examining them under a micoscope you can tell the fakes from the real ones by the metal strucutre.

It basically comes down to the fact that the Persians knew of the crucible steel process way before its time and the Vikings liked to imbue their swords with the ashes of ancestors or spirit animals. The combination of the two acidentally made steel that was centuries ahead of its time. I highly recommend checking out the documentary.
View Quote

I saw the Nova special and it was quite interesting.

Here's something from Wiki and it was the Indian and Sri Lankan steel centers who developed crucible steels, moreso than the central Asian areas.

From Wiki:

"Crucible steel is generally attributed to production centres in India and Sri Lanka where it was produced using the so-called "wootz" process, and it is assumed that its appearance in other locations was due to long distance trade.[1]

Only recently it has become apparent that places in Central Asia like Merv in Turkmenistan and Akhsiket in Uzbekistan were important centres of production of crucible steel.[2]

The Central Asian finds are all from excavations and date from the 8th to 12th centuries AD, while the Indian/Sri Lankan material is as early as 300 BC. In addition, India's iron ore had trace vanadium and other rare earths leading to increased hardenability in Indian crucible steel which was famous throughout the middle east for its ability to retain an edge.'"

Chris
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:04:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a bunch of random stupid shit to me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Proof of Lizard People, I knew it!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:24:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Chinese Aluminum.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:00:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Have it narrated by that Danger Dolan guy or GTFO.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]

Ah, the same old culprits.

The minute someone says "OMGWTFBBQ THAT COULD ONLY HAVE BEEN DONE WITH ADVANCED POWERTOOLS!" you know it's bullshit from people who think "farm to table" means buying the expensive organic produce from a shop full of gay hippies.

Also, almost everything in that list has a perfectly good explanation.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:49:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
fpni

lol

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:54:42 AM EDT
[#13]

The Codex Gigas is cool.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top