Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/11/2016 10:44:05 AM EDT
I am looking for a small wallet for front pocket carry. What are you guys running?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Saddleback front pocket ID wallet

ETA: I discovered it through arfcom, got one and have loved it ever since.  I was a back pocket walled guy my entire life until I got it, won't go back now.  I realize that Saddleback really increased their prices recently but it is a very nice, well constructed wallet.  I carry my driver license, CHL, a credit card, a debit card, my work badge, my health insurance card, and typically several cash bills.  It handles it all just fine and is still small and thin enough to feel comfortable in my front pocket.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Super glue.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Machine Era Co.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:47:31 AM EDT
[#4]
SlimClip
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Machine Era Co.
View Quote

This. Simple. Works.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]
When I am not using the mentioned Saddleback, I am using the slimfold.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.ezgowallet.com/

Trust me on this, I destroy about one wallet per year, and usually multiple credit cards, this one has been awesome.

Easy to front pocket carry, holds 4 cards, and multiple licenses easily.

20 bucks via eBay.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Machine Era Co.
View Quote

Do the bands hold up well?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

ETA: I discovered it through arfcom, got one and have loved it ever since.  I was a back pocket walled guy my entire life until I got it, won't go back now.  I realize that Saddleback really increased their prices recently but it is a very nice, well constructed wallet.  I carry my driver license, CHL, a credit card, a debit card, my work badge, my health insurance card, and typically several cash bills.  It handles it all just fine and is still small and thin enough to feel comfortable in my front pocket.
View Quote

Looks nice.
Where do the bills go?  Just in one of the pockets?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am looking for a small wallet for front pocket carry. What are you guys running?
View Quote

Oh no you di'n't
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:56:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Looks nice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks nice.

There is a space in the middle of it for cash.  Their website doesn't show it but here's a pic:

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I had no idea there were so many.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#17]
If that's one with a lot of money in it I need (I'll take) one too
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had no idea there were so many.
View Quote

Most of them are either over-engineered, or lacking pretty vital basic features.

I used to use the big skinny wallets, but they wore out fast.

Lots of the other ones don't have practical ways to carry a wad of cash or more than just one or two cards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh no you di'n't
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh no you di'n't

Verbiage too tacticool or I opened a can of worms?
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:01:39 AM EDT
[#21]
If you want something different; I use the Mastermind Collective Apex Black Aluminum. Very slim and carrys everything I need. Hate!! Bulky wallets. If you have to have leather; they have a leather version too.

http://mstrmndcollective.com/products/apex-wallet-black-horizontal

http://mstrmndcollective.com/products/black-slimplistic-wallet
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what have too, but with their recent huge price increased if I were buying today, I'd get this: Duluth Smallet

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#24]
I use a Radix One. Holds 4-5 cards at all times and a few bills.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I dumped the stand-alone wallet years ago. I only carry a few cards, id, cwp & cash.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:05:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is what have too, but with their recent huge price increased if I were buying today, I'd get this: Duluth Smallet

http://d38lmus20vhzyd.cloudfront.net/image.aspx/media/images/products/19507-fire-hose-smallet-front.jpg-600x600
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://d38lmus20vhzyd.cloudfront.net/image.aspx/media/images/products/19507-fire-hose-smallet-front.jpg-600x600

Yeah, I think I paid $40 for mine.  Now it is $70.  Still, I like it enough that I would buy another.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't see how I could carry a wallet in my front pocket.
My left pocket has my cell phone and my right pocket has my keys and a knife clipped to it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the saddleback as mentioned above. I use it. its ok. I dont love it. I hate their price increase and dont love the brand anymore although wont be offing my 3 wallets by them. The era wallet intrigues me and ill be snagging the brass shortly
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Allett

Allett ripstop nylon.  The "thin" leather wallets are stupid--especially the Saddleback one--as the thickness of the leather ends up being more than everything you can stuff in the wallet.  I have an "Ultra Slim Sport Wallet" from Allett.  Basically a very thin bifold wallet made out of ripstop nylon so the thickness of the wallet is only a very tiny portion of the overall thickness.  Bills fit just like a normal wallet.  A slot for cards on each side--each side will hold 6-7 cards without a problem.  Enough room that you can stuff more in as needed (although it then doesn't fold up quite as nicely).
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:20:41 PM EDT
[#30]

I have one of those, but after stuffing my "daily use" stuff, along with all the required "inspectible items" that the Army says that I have to carry, it wound up being just as thick as a regular wallet.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My left pocket has my cell phone and my right pocket has my keys and a knife clipped to it.
View Quote

I was skeptical as well but now I won't go back to a back pocket wallet.  My cell phone goes in my left pocket and my wallet and keys in my right (no knife).
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been using one similar to this for years now.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I bought one of these: Recycled FF

Tough, durable, small, and different color options. There is usually a coupon floating around the net for a discount.

Edit:
Fixed picture.

They also make  them out of used combat boots. Pretty cool.

http://militaryhuntingandfishing.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/IMG_5015_1024x1024.jpg
View Quote

This.

I've owned two different saddleback wallets. The Recycled Firefighter is my favorite.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#34]
There was an interview with Brazilian Jujitsu Black Belt Renzo Gracie some years back. The subject of high street crime came up and that's where he started putting his wallet in his front pocket. Much harder lift a wallet. Very solid strategy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's not that hard. I carry my walled (saddleback bifold) in my right front pocket, with a knife clipped there as well. My left pocket has my keys and cellphone (in a case and with screen protector)
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#36]
How about a recommendation on just a money clip. I have the little saddleback and it's fine but there really isn't room for many bills in it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been on something like this for about 10 years....Dillards store brand Roundtree and York....can get for about $20.....and are GTG for sure!!!

The one i have now has been going for about 9 years.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Violent Little Machine Shop
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How about a recommendation on just a money clip. I have the little saddleback and it's fine but there really isn't room for many bills in it.
View Quote

The bigger ones will hold a shit load of cash.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Hellbent Holsters makes a combat wallet.  Ingenius design with a titanium money clip that doesn't stretch out and the wallet is made out of Kydex (sp?).  Pro-MIL, Pro-LEO.  I really like these guys but more importantly their product is the best I have seen.

Hellbent Combat Wallet

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

I LOVE mine  picked up a black one about a year or so ago.  i carry my CDL, police ID, insurance card and 4 credit/debit cards with no problem.  I know it's $70, but it will last a lifetime.

Call be paranoid, but I carry cash in a separate pocket in the unlikely event someone is stupid enough to try to rob me.  The last thing the will see is my money wad falling to the ground...
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably won't help you out, but I picked up mine at the Elvis museum in Tupelo. I couldn't pass up a TCB money clip lol
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#44]
trevox summit

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Hellbent Holsters, had it for about 3 years- love it.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Best one out there is the Tareinco

Simple, Cheap, Durable. I've had mine for years.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Trayvax for me too.
View All Quotes
Element in Red here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Answer is going to depend on your needs.

I grabbed one of the Magpul DAKA Essential wallets on a whim. Super slim with a drivers license, CCW, a couple credit cards, and a few miscellaneous insurance type cards. Could easily fit a couple bills in there as well but I typically don't have cash on me. Cards can be a bit of a struggle to get out if you jam it full of stuff but if you keep it minimal (as it's designed to be) it's not a big deal at all. The only thing that gets used on a regular basis is the credit card which is positioned in one of the more accessible slots.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/611VIqwdcqL._SL1038_.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/611VIqwdcqL._SL1038_.jpg

I don't think you're being helpful.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top