Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/27/2016 7:04:37 PM EDT
I have been listening to this a lot recently, it helps.

Sorry i have not been around much.
Things have not been quite right for me since Orlando happened, just using it as a time reference, its been all down hill for a bit. summer was hot, aggravatingly hard to work on giant super dutys in the heat,
collapsed at work, twice, now have chronic Hypokalemia now, probably have a genetic kidney disorder, no surprise to me, things like that run in the family, so the next time spring rolls around im going back to the japanese or korean world, im just too fucking tiny to work on big fords, its killing me, literally, but o well,  the main things that have been wearing down on me recently is that i started out way too late, im 25 and still make 9$ an hour, as a peon lube tech, the economy around here is stagnant, i can hardly see or hear or write, which everyone i know especially at works complain about, its not my fault i was born fucking broken, so get fucking over it, and the old pontiacs i want are geting more, and more and more and more expensive, and i don't have a proper garage to maintain one any way, so i have settled to get a last year of a first gen Genesis G90/80 or 70 this is the time of the Korean car, just like it was for the Japanese from 85 to 2010, o well at least i have BP, hopefully i can turn things around next year and find peace in the shade.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My poor Little Pony
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you.  I feel much better about my life now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Buck up LP.

Do the best with what ya got.

( And drink a lot of water )

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you.  I feel much better about my life now.
View Quote

glad to help?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry you're struggling.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Sharp looking car.  Hope you feel better
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Buck up LP.
Do the best with what ya got.

( And drink a lot of water )

View Quote

more like i need lots of bananas, turns out potassium is super important
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Where there is life there is hope.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude, you've got your cross to bear, but you can't take Orlando personally. That was an attack on America, and Americans. Fuck the subsets.
Hope you feel better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Hate to hear this LP.  Iowa's a tough place to make a living if you aren't in DM, CR, or IC.  Hope it comes together for ya.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry for the health, work, and all other problems.

Like many others, I have my own health demons I try to work thru.

I wish you the best.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Its been hard
View Quote

That's what he said
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/0vQn8apcbH4

Things have not been quite right for me since Orlando happened. its been all down hill for a bit. summer was hot, aggravatingly hard to work on giant super dutys in the heat, collapsed at work, twice,
have chronic Hypokalemia now, probably have a genetic kidney disorder, no surprise to me, things like that run in the family, so the next time spring rolls around im going back to the japanese or korean world,
im just too fucking tiny to work on big fords, its killing me, literally, but o well,  the main things that have been wearing down on me recently is that i started out way too late, im 25 and still make 9$ an hour,
the economy around here is stagnant, i can hardly see or hear or write, which everyone i know especially at works complain about, its not my fault i was born fucking broken, so get fucking over it,
and the old pontiacs i want are geting more, and more and more and more expensive, and i don't have a proper garage to maintain one any way, so i have settled to get a last year of a first gen Genesis G90/80 or 70
this is the time of the Korean car, just like it was for the Japanese from 85 to 2010, o well at least i have BP, hopefully i can turn things around next year and find peace in the shade.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017-Genesis-G90-review-photo-SlashGear00015.jpeg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#16]
$9/hour? Goodwill pays that much. A green Lube Tech makes that much. Big promises when you were hired?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#18]
You're still young. I'm old, short, & fat. I've worked on diesels for 30 years before retiring. It beat the shit out of my body. I should have followed a career in paleontology. Life sucks at times, but shit does get better..
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:53:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hate to hear this LP.  Iowa's a tough place to make a living if you aren't in DM, CR, or IC.  Hope it comes together for ya.
View Quote

i live in the QC

i can see commienoise across the river

which is were i work at too
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Dude, you've got your cross to bear, but you can't take Orlando personally. That was an attack on America, and Americans. Fuck the subsets.
Hope you feel better.
View Quote

Dude...this x100.

LP if I can make amends with the nemesis wifebot,,,ANYTHING is possible, including your health situation.  Indiana is a beautiful state, enjoy your liberty and scenery.  GD tends to crap on people, but we also rally when an arfcommer is low.  If you can get a security clearance, I can get you a interview at Atterbury or wherever we are staging and relocating one of our AVCATT suites.  Even if you can only push a broom, you'll bust out of the single digit wage rate.  A lot of our technicians are not prior service...

Buck up, but if you get a interview do not mention the whole brony thing. IM works dude,

ETA...if you are in Iowa, not Indiana I can still point you in the right direction.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Wah?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:55:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Why is Orlando a part of this convo?  Were you there?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
$9/hour? Goodwill pays that much. A green Lube Tech makes that much. Big promises when you were hired?
View Quote

not big, but then i learned the last guy to move up had to wait 3 years...

and i have been in this line of work for 3 years already...and job specific college

i dont want to be 29 and finally get to be a apprentice.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Take it from somebody whose people have been persecuted for thousands of years.

As long as you have somebody to come home to, you're gonna be okay.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
25? Too late? Wat? Not sure I understand the see heat and write part, is this health related?

Find another job or look at training to do something else. Talking about yourself as "broken" is bad way to deal with your problems. Talk to a different doc maybe?
View Quote

my mother was a heroin addict for a while and i almost died when i was like 3 months old, never got the care i needed, it damaged my body permanently luckily when i was 5 my aunt and uncle taked me in
but the damage was done sadly
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Like Red Green said,  "I'm pullin' for ya, we're all in this together."

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hope you feel better.
View Quote

Orlando was the moment most of the people I know from "back home" (Arkansas) went from "them's queers..." to "wait a sec... them's OUR queers!"

On another note... ever considered becoming a programmer? I'm self-taught, and have done very well for myself with the skillset.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#32]
The automotive repair industry made me miserable too. In all sincerity, consider a career change. It will make you happier and turn wrenching into a fun hobby instead of a dreadful occupation.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

He always will. It is just very hard for him at times.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Ouch. Those wages seem pretty low for someone turning wrenches. Are you out in the middle of nowhere (I realize you are in Iowa)?

Good luck and don't give up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Just remember the old saying:

"When life gives you lemons..... freeze and throw them at some liberal's head"

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The automotive repair industry made me miserable too. In all sincerity, consider a career change. It will make you happier and turn wrenching into a fun hobby instead of a dreadful occupation.
View Quote

i like it the job, but not ford, i have to deal with a trucks that are over 10000lbs on a constant basis, and only be 5"6 130 lbs, it tends to wear you down
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#37]

Sorry to hear about your health.   Hope things go better for you.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ouch. Those wages seem pretty low for someone turning wrenches. Are you out in the middle of nowhere (I realize you are in Iowa)?

Good luck and don't give up.
View Quote

just a peon lube rat for now
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:12:22 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/348/126/415.png

clever pone
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn man, hang in there. Wrenching on shit tuckers me out too, especially full size trucks, can't imagine doing it full-time. At least you are a contributing member of society, nothing to be ashamed of. You get up in the AM and go to work even though you may not want to. That's something to be proud of.

Shit will turn around.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

i live in the QC

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i live in the QC

Well, I'm pulling for ya in any case.  We need a fist bump emoji.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Hang in there LP, we are rooting for you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Dude, you have your cross to bear like the rest of us. The only thing that's got the weight of that cross off of me in the last 35 years has been knowing I don't have to carry it by myself. When I finally learned to give that mess up to the Lord and let Him carry it, my burden lightened. Sure I still go through a lot of hell, but I know I'm getting through it it and won't be consumed by it. It makes my mind more at ease, and makes everything so much better. I still get down, and get scared, but I wind up again giving it to God, and there we go, He comes through, every time.

I will add you to my list of friends to pray for specifically.

I hope everything gets better for you and good things fall into your lap. Hang in there and keep fighting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What about a job with the county or a municipality. A mechanic job there might be union with better pay and benefits
View Quote

This.

I  started at $19/hr turning wrenches at the landfill.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:19:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Hang in there dude - 25 is nowhere near too late.  Sometimes you need to hit a proverbial bottom to get properly motivated.  Don't let life beat you - go kick life's ass.  You're a good guy; don't forget it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Hang in there. I was wondering why we haven't seen much of you lately.

There are a few deplorables in GD, but many are very helpful and supportive.  I hope you know that people care and are pulling for you!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Not sure what BP's career situation is like but is there any chance of getting out of the QC area? My wife and I are an hour+ south of you and have vowed to get out in the next calendar year. Things around here are dying.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:20:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Time to grab life by the tits (I'd have said balls, but you seem rather fond of those) and make it your bitch.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://youtu.be/0vQn8apcbH4

Things have not been quite right for me since Orlando happened, just using it as a time reference, its been all down hill for a bit. summer was hot, aggravatingly hard to work on giant super dutys in the heat,
collapsed at work, twice, now have chronic Hypokalemia now, probably have a genetic kidney disorder, no surprise to me, things like that run in the family, so the next time spring rolls around im going back to the japanese or korean world, im just too fucking tiny to work on big fords, its killing me, literally, but o well,  the main things that have been wearing down on me recently is that i started out way too late, im 25 and still make 9$ an hour, as a peon lube tech, the economy around here is stagnant, i can hardly see or hear or write, which everyone i know especially at works complain about, its not my fault i was born fucking broken, so get fucking over it, and the old pontiacs i want are geting more, and more and more and more expensive, and i don't have a proper garage to maintain one any way, so i have settled to get a last year of a first gen Genesis G90/80 or 70 this is the time of the Korean car, just like it was for the Japanese from 85 to 2010, o well at least i have BP, hopefully i can turn things around next year and find peace in the shade.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/2017-Genesis-G90-review-photo-SlashGear00015.jpeg
View Quote

My daughter has IgA Nephropathy.  I kidney disorder, is you condition similar?  I hope you feel better soon, both physically and emotionally.  I can understand how the events in Orlando has shook you and your friends and nation is still with you.  Stand tall and be strong.  

That car is sweet.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top