BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/25/2016 6:33:50 PM EDT
The jokes write themselves.

Link

Officer-involved shootings over the past several years have given rise to the Black Live Matter movement and a number of protests nationwide. Most recently, protesters took to the streets in Charlotte, North Carolina, following the death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hand of police officers.

But African American actor Isaiah Washington who is best known for his role in ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," proposed a different kind of protest in a Facebook post on Tuesday:

"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America.

I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Comedy gold.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Link

Officer-involved shootings over the past several years have given rise to the Black Live Matter movement and a number of protests nationwide. Most recently, protesters took to the streets in Charlotte, North Carolina, following the death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hand of police officers.

But African American actor Isaiah Washington who is best known for his role in ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," proposed a different kind of protest in a Facebook post on Tuesday:

"Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America.

I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."
View Quote
View Quote

Isiah who?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just more evidence that people in Hollywood have NO fucking clue how the real world works.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Job lol
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol;   Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#7]
and staying away from government offices would save taxpayers money and possibly get the parolees thrown back in jail.  lol.   I hope they follow his advice
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#8]

The NFL wouldnt fare too well.  I think Wall Street would be OK.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good.  Get the fuck out out of our way living in reality.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#10]
12% of the population.  NFL and some city jobs maybe might not fare well, otherwise no biggie.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The NFL wouldnt fare too well.  I think Wall Street would be OK.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#13]
lol satire is impossible
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Super Idea.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Boycott section 8 while your at it..... maybe congress can "boycott" your foodstamps
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
12% of the population.  NFL and some city jobs maybe might not fare well, otherwise no biggie.
View Quote

What % of the workforce?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just more evidence that people in Hollywood have NO fucking clue how the real world works.  
View Quote

Or doesn't.

(ba-dum-pshh)
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#18]
NBA, The Post Office and the NFA examining process would grind to a haul.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#19]
LOL OK!!!

"Yo dawg, whai we aint get paid, yo?"
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#20]
What difference would it make?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#22]
What happens when blacks boycott work and productivity goes up?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

My old Lt. called that addition by subtraction.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck 'em.  

Sounds like it would be a great day.  A day without the constant pissing, moaning, and complaining about how bad they're being treated and how they deserve so much more.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd rather see the FOP decide to take a day off. Just one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#27]
One less day with Obama.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:55:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

About 60% of my workforce.

It's ok, I'll be DT for a day, "YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Does this mean Obama and Lynch will take the day off?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:58:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Think bigger. On the same day they all go to Liberia.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Isn't that kind of like "boycotting" a store that you already don't shop at?  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

All this, in exchange for peanut butter.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Does this mean illegal drug sales will go down?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Isiah who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Isiah who?

Washington.

You know, the guy who went apeshit on the set and got fired for yelling anti-gay slurs and assaulting other actors (including Patrick Dempsey) creating a hostile working environment.

Of course he wants a black actor walkout.  He's one of the few black actors not working in LA!  He must be lonely...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

Are you the guy who works on the railroads?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#38]
So no NBA, NFL or MLB. Toll booths would have to be automated, already doable. No shootings in Baltimore or Chicago (that's about all that gets done there). Dance clubs would be down about 35-45%. Some people here and there that would be tough to make up for but I estimate out of 12% of the population, 6% are unemployed and a small portion of the other six percent are in critical fields. You wouldn't notice much except sports on a national level.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:03:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Well played OP, well played indeed!

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:03:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't show up for work, you are fired.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:04:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

What difference would it make?
View Quote
Well, they would all be home while I am at work, so, burglaries skyrocket? I don't know, what are the rules again?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

Yeah, sorta.

eta: In all honesty, most people would probably be amazed how conservative most of my guys are. They do work their ass off and earn every penny. Very proud of the work my guys do and I can't imagine a single one would participate in such bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Link

View Quote
View Quote

Don't they pretty much do this Monday-Friday anyways?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Isiah who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Isiah who?

He is the actor that realized gay trumps black in the Hollywood protected class schedule.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/isaiah-washington-is-returning-to-greys-anatomy-after-2007-firing-homophobic-slur-scandal-201473
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#46]
what can you say about that kind of a threat....sigh...oh gosh please don't...

for all the affirmative action hires in government social welfare agencies that is gonna make a lot of people mad...

maybe the black actors can all refuse to act in any movies for a year and all the black professional athletes can boycott
pro sports for the rest of the year...

really stick it to the man
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fair assessment.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

All this, in exchange for peanut butter.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/E4009ABD-3D78-4586-887C-E656DD67C934_zpsvqmreo9s.jpg

So 12% of the population, 6% of GDP.

In other words, only HALF are productive members of society?

I will say I am shocked at the robbery and murder percentages. I figured they would be closer to 30%

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What % of the workforce?

According to Department of Labor report in 2011, 11.6% of US labor force is black.  20% of employed blacks work in public sector jobs.  Their unemployment rate is 15.8.  

Other stats: Link
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably (almost certainly) a lower percentage of the EMPLOYED population. For a variety of reasons the black population has significantly lower employment rates than other segments of the U.S. population - so outside of very specific sectors of the economy no one is going to give a shit tomorrow.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top