Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2016 2:07:19 PM EDT
Could Palpatine have overtaken him one on one or was it a stunt to draw Ani in? Was Palpatines disfigurement intentional to himself of just a result of the fight......
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  Windu was the best Jedi swordsman ever.  Palpatine was awesome but windu was better.  But palpatine was a master chess player and moved the pieces perfectly
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I think that is the way Palpatine really looks. Or maybe he got that way from killing his master?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but Snoke could
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Forgot to  add I think the disfigurement probably was on purpose. One, it helped turn anakin to the dark side. And two, palpatine used it as political capital in the senate to take control and kill the Jedi.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#5]
If Windu didn't hesitate it wouldn't have been a problem.

He hesitated, he lost.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Could Palpatine have overtaken him one on one probably notor was it a stunt to draw Ani in? yes

Was Palpatines disfigurement intentional to himself of just a result of the fight......result of the fight (partially throwing the fight to draw ani in, so it was an acceptable consequence/loss, especially since he used it to draw sympathy in the senate)
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He hesitated, he lost.
View Quote

this.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Windu was the better swordsman, Palpatine a better strategist.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Windu was a power hungry religious fanatic that wanted to kill a duy elected leader simply because he was of a different faith.

Yes, without Anakin, Windu would have won.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:28:14 PM EDT
[#10]
No, if Windu had won there would be no Darth Vader, there for no movies four, five and six  which would have meant there is no prequel's  causing a rip in the time space continuum and ending life as we know it. Or possibly creating back to the future four " Marty turns to the Darkside"

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Doubt anyone will be having these discussions about The Force Awakens in 10 years..
Say what you want about the prequels but at least Lucas was involved with them and that brings them some legitimacy to me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

He hesitated, he lost.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Don't hesitate. If you hesitate in the middle of a fight, you die.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#14]
When you gotta shoot, shoot......don't talk
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Could Palpatine have overtaken him one on one or was it a stunt to draw Ani in? Was Palpatines disfigurement intentional to himself of just a result of the fight......
View Quote

I've always thought that Windu had Palpatine on the ropes, and would have prevailed, but Anakin entered the scene and turned the tide against Windu. That is what made Anakin's turn to the dark side truly tragic, IMO. If Palpantine could have easily dispatched Windu without Anakin's help, it makes the scene less meaningful.

It also seemed to me that Palpatine was partially "melted" as a result of the fight.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Sooooo, old, rich white guy with all the power defeats empowered black man with a chip on his shoulder and a purple light saber.

TRIGGERING !!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Hesitation will get you killed.  I think Palatine was hustling Anakin and could have easily taken Windu out by himself  based on his quick slaughter of the other Jedi's and his fight with Yoda.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
What exactly was palpatine?  A sith?  Maybe someone can give a quick synopsis and description of a Jedi, sith, palpatine, etc.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:03:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What exactly was palpatine?  A sith?  Maybe someone can give a quick synopsis and description of a Jedi, sith, palpatine, etc.  Thanks
View Quote

if i am not mistake palpatine killed his own master
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Palpatine
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hesitation will get you killed.  I think Palatine was hustling Anakin and could have easily taken Windu out by himself  based on his quick slaughter of the other Jedi's and his fight with Yoda.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8fcdd98de18a74ab36a5a850478c7159/tumblr_ms5q8q5Nau1rey868o1_500.gif
View Quote

I really hate the swordplay in the prequels.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:07:34 PM EDT
[#22]
It would have been better if Palpatine had corrupted the Jedi order itself.   Duped quite a few Jedi, including some on the council, into being Palpatine loyalists.

Would have fit his original trilogy character as a master manipulator better, too.

Having him fight Mace Windu one on one?    Reminds me of the Heath Ledger Joker scene quote "You really think I'd risk the fate of Gotham city in a fist fight with you?"

Oh right.  We need another dumb action scene that doesn't tell us anything about the characters or reveal anything we didn't already know.   Cuz lightsabers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/8fcdd98de18a74ab36a5a850478c7159/tumblr_ms5q8q5Nau1rey868o1_500.gif

It was flashy and horrible I prefer the deliberate aggressiveness and footwork of the original movies.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Mace was the only Jedi, who could beat Palpatine, due to Maces ability to control the dark side. Mace had his own fighting style that walked dangerously close to the dark side, Vaapad.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:25:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No.  Windu was the best Jedi swordsman ever.  Palpatine was awesome but windu was better.  But palpatine was a master chess player and moved the pieces perfectly
View Quote

Read Darth Plagueis, Palpatine was toying with Windu he could have killed him in seconds of he had wanted.

Palpatine was close to all powerful in every aspect combat politics ect.

Obi Wan vs Palpatine would have been a better fight, Windu admitted to Obi Wan that Obi Wan was a better swordsman because his style was completely defensive until his opponent made a mistake Obi Wan was a master of that style... Obi Wan is the only Jedi to defeat two Sith Lords both of which were top ten light saber duelists of all time (Maul and Vader).
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It would have been better if Palpatine had corrupted the Jedi order itself.   Duped quite a few Jedi, including some on the council, into being Palpatine loyalists.

Would have fit his original trilogy character as a master manipulator better, too.

Having him fight Mace Windu one on one?    Reminds me of the Heath Ledger Joker scene quote "You really think I'd risk the fate of Gotham city in a fist fight with you?"

Oh right.  We need another dumb action scene that doesn't tell us anything about the characters or reveal anything we didn't already know.   Cuz lightsabers.
View Quote

To be fair, Lucas said he made all the films for kids.  Kids like light sabers.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:28:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Read Darth Plagueis, Palpatine was toying with Windu he could have killed him in seconds of he had wanted.

Obi Wan vs Palpatine would have been a better fight, Windu admitted to Obi Wan that Obi Wan was a better swordsman because his style was completely defensive until his opponent made a mistake Obi Wan was a master of that style... Obi Wan is the only Jedi to defeat two Sith Lords both of which were top ten light saber duelists of all time (Maul and Vader).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obi wan is portrayed inconsistently in those movies.  He gets his ass kicked twice by dooku.  Lucks out against grievous.  But somehow goes toe to toe with anakin?  

Windu was the better swordsman.  I don't care what a non canon book says.

#nerd
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Windu needed Palpatine alive. The Jedi executing a supreme chancellor would not have played out well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:37:07 PM EDT
[#29]
TNT Star Wars marathon
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought the scene would have played better like this:

Palpatine: "let give you some advice. The next time you get a chance to kill someone, don't hesitate, just do it!"

Windu: [with Saber pointed at Palpatine, Anakin enters room to hear this.] "Thanks for the advice assho- [Anakin slices Windu's hands off]

Windu: AH, SHIT! MOTHER FUCKER CUT MY HANDS OFF! [Anakin shoves Windu out the window].

Anikin: [looking out the window at Windu falling]. "Welcome to the party pal!"

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

See Clone Wars Season 5 episode 16. Sidious takes out Savage and almost kills Maul at the same time. Sidious was playing with Windu to get Anakin to strike. Sidious had to get a full commitment from Anakin.

he beat Yoda.

read Lords of the Sith and tell me Windu could have won.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:09:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He hesitated, he lost.

He should have been more like Han.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Yoda was the best Jedi swordsman. He was a green blur of death, just watch his fight against Count Dooku in AOTC.

<- Maybe I'm just biased.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:27:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Windu is a shitty throw away character put in because S.L.J. wanted to be in star wars.  His light saber wasn't purple because he used light and dark sides of the force.  It was purple because S.L.J. wanted a purple fucking light saber.  Hope he stays dead.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Windu is a shitty throw away character put in because S.L.J. wanted to be in star wars.  His light saber wasn't purple because he used light and dark sides of the force.  It was purple because S.L.J. wanted a purple fucking light saber.  Hope he stays dead.
View Quote
Hmmm a purple pimp saber? BJLM.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is horrible.

Just watched parts of 1, 2 and 3.   They are HARD to watch.   No sunstance to the scenes, the acting, or the fighting.

20 pounds of shit stuffed in a 10 pound bag just like Amy Shumer.

Episodes 1 through 3 was made in a way similar to that of many first person shooter games today like COD.   Basically a list of shit they want to jam into the episode, check off this box and that box but dont try to make it actually make any sense.

The Force Awakens, even if only a remake of New Hope, actually had moments where you felt like it was a Star Wars movie.   Rogue One has some promise.

For those who havent seen the Red Letter Media reviews of Episodes 1-3 you owe it to yourself to watch as he systematically destroys those movies and lists why they fail so badly.  You will literally need a couple hours but it is worth it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Palpatine was emotionally playing Anakin to get Anakin to use his own free will to turn to the dark side.

Episode 3 is ALL about Palpatine emotionally manipulating Anakin into giving in to his deep-seated anger, into feeling fear about Padme dying in childbirth (I think Palpatine made Anakin have those dreams), into feeling conflicting loyalty between the Jedi and the Chancellor when Palpatine appointed Anakin to be his representative to the Jedi Council and when he urged him to kill Dooku, etc.

Palpatine plays Anakin like a fiddle the whole movie.  Palpatine could have defeated Mace Windu, but he needed Anakin to "buy in" by striking Windu himself.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Read Shatterpoint, it discribes Maces special ability to find weaknesses and exploit them, as well as his dark nature in the force.
Mace was able to direct Palpatines dark energy back at him, he was the perfect Jedi to defeat Palpatine.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
See Clone Wars Season 5 episode 16. Sidious takes out Savage and almost kills Maul at the same time. Sidious was playing with Windu to get Anakin to strike. Sidious had to get a full commitment from Anakin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

he beat Yoda.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

he beat Yoda.

Mace has the ability to direct the siths dark energy back at them, the stronger the sith, the more of their energy Mace would use against them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Palpatine always looked that way - he just hid it with the force.

The attack weakened him and he lost his hold on his disguise...  but after the attack, there was no further need for the ruse.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Yoda could not beat Palpatine, because Yoda had been training to fight a sith, that no longer existed, the sith had changed.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Palpatine and Anakin didn't kill Mace Windu, poor storycraft killed Mace Windu.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those books aren't canon anymore and even when they were they were inconsistent as hell. The problem with those books pimping Palpatine into some all-powerful badass that can kill you with his brain is that he legitimately lost a lightsaber duel (along with his hand) to a guy with less training than a Jedi youngling later on in the same continuity.

It gets worse when you consider the fact that Palpatine was inhabiting a clone body in its physical prime at the time during that second duel with Luke vs being a ragged old man during his fight with Windu.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Straight up lightsaber duel?  Probably Mace.

Everything else allowed?  Palpatine all the way
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did he defeat Vader? He defeated Anakin temporarily.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:37:52 PM EDT
[#47]
The proper term is Mace's purple drank lightsaber.

If a Team Member can embed these.  The proper way to watch the prequels:

Ep.1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="WSCm8yAxBr8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ep.2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="gI8aSJBC9u0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ep.3

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="itkl7cHcX_E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Palpatine was emotionally playing Anakin to get Anakin to use his own free will to turn to the dark side.

Episode 3 is ALL about Palpatine emotionally manipulating Anakin into giving in to his deep-seated anger, into feeling fear about Padme dying in childbirth (I think Palpatine made Anakin have those dreams), into feeling conflicting loyalty between the Jedi and the Chancellor when Palpatine appointed Anakin to be his representative to the Jedi Council and when he urged him to kill Dooku, etc.

Palpatine plays Anakin like a fiddle the whole movie.  Palpatine could have defeated Mace Windu, but he needed Anakin to "buy in" by striking Windu himself.
View Quote

That's been my take on this as well.

Palpatine needed to appear about to be killed in order to get Anakin to act on his behalf in killing Windu and seal his fate as a sith.

Everything was going according to Palpatines plan.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Those books aren't canon anymore and even when they were they were inconsistent as hell. The problem with those books pimping Palpatine into some all-powerful badass that can kill you with his brain is that he legitimately lost a lightsaber duel (along with his hand) to a guy with less training than a Jedi youngling later on in the same continuity.

It gets worse when you consider the fact that Palpatine was inhabiting a clone body in its physical prime at the time during that second duel with Luke vs being a ragged old man during his fight with Windu.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the movies are soooooo consistent with all of Lucas' retcons and strange plot devices to make the orignal and prequels fit together...

Some of the books are bad, but on the whole they work pretty well together and some of them are flat out awesome (basically anything by Timothy Zahn).

Plus, the reason they aren't Canon anymore has little to do with consistency and everything to do with money.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

So what your say'n is his full name was "A Pimp Named Windu"???
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top