Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 12:08:03 AM EDT
I just built my first HTPC and got everything running and now I need a good remote for it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Im running Windows 10 and will mostly be used for Netflix, Hulu and Prime.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
No ones running an HTPC?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Logitech Harmony 350, but I use WMC on 7
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No ones running an HTPC?
View Quote
Never heard of it, I just play what I want on phone/tablet/laptop/computer whatever is around me at the time and cast it to my tv.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Kodi and an Xbox controller.   Doubles for games.  Replicates the mouse as well.   Sucks if you need keyboard function but works great 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Double tap.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a harmony 650 but honestly i use my logitech k400 more often that the remote, not sure why as i only ever use the arrow keys, esc and space to navigate plex but its what I reach for.

HTPC is mac mini running plex, sickrage, and transmission.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just built my first HTPC and got everything running and now I need a good remote for it, any help would be greatly appreciated. Im running Windows 10 and will mostly be used for Netflix, Hulu and Prime.
View Quote

Also just noticed what you said you planned to use it for, why wouldn't you just get a firetv for netflix, hulu and prime. It comes with a remote.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Also just noticed what you said you planned to use it for, why wouldn't you just get a firetv for netflix, hulu and prime. It comes with a remote.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I already have a couple of firesticks and ROKU boxes but they are just lacking. I will run a lot more on it than just netflix, hulu and prime but they will be what its used for more than 50% of the time. I also will be doing some gaming with it, and other online streaming that is just too painful to do with the firestick and ROKU.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]

The Bluetooth model intrigues me, how well does it your model work?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top