Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I've lost interest in the NFL for a lot of reasons but the latest incidents involving protests during the Anthem are the straw that broke the camel's back.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At some point I decided that whether my team wins or looses on game night, I still have the same problems and things I need to get done the next day.

I still don't mind watching a game with friends, But I couldn't tell you who is who on the field anymore.  
View Quote

THIS.

I gave up on being a serious fan of the NFL when the overpaid players union went on strike for more money.  No I'll watch a game if it's all that's on TV and I've got nothing better to do.  But I can barely remember who plays for which team these days because I really don't give a fig about them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Never a real follower but now I will not watch......period
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The NFL is just another pozzed organization. It jumped the shark once it started dressing its players in pink for an entire month. Now it is tacitly supporting a domestic terrorist group. I have been a fan my entire life. Some of my fondest memories are watching Packers games. I am done.
View Quote
Bill Burr said this a long time ago minus the #BLM part.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The NFL is just another pozzed organization. It jumped the shark once it started dressing its players in pink for an entire month. Now it is tacitly supporting a domestic terrorist group. I have been a fan my entire life. Some of my fondest memories are watching Packers games. I am done.
View Quote

Yes I'm done with them. Peyton Manning retired the right way, and he was my favorite player.  Following that Kronke stabbed St Louis in the back. Then after that Colin Crapernick started his cry babying.

Piss on the NFL. All of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been "done" with the NFL for decades.

I really don't give a shit anymore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:40:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Boycott of Bud Light?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FNFL won't cut it. It will take an organized boycott of NFL advertisers to have any effect. Maybe just single one out and take them down as an example.

Boycott of Bud Light?

Doritos would probably be easier.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:42:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Football died in the 80s
View Quote

What he said...my version of the NFL died with the Packers, Cowboys, Dolphins, and Steelers.  I couldn't even tell you who won the past few super owls.  I live in the Puget sound area, and heard that the Seahawks won it a few years back, but couldn't even tell you when, or what they have done since.  I just do not want to be part of the audience that helps pay their salaries, and enables behavior that is light years away from role model behavior.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:43:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Haven't watched an NFL game since 1985.   Yeah, I'm done with them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I never started.......
View Quote

FPNI!!!!  Never looked back myself
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:44:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, no one on my teams has done that crap yet.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm done as well.  Fuck the nfl.
View Quote

This....

FNFL
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:51:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's just not fun anymore.  I used to follow a team with players who stuck around more than a year, you got to know them, and you were with them through the good times and the bad times.  I was a Skins fan so there were LOTS of bad times but I got to see the glory days and those players who so deserved it.  Nowadays, as soon as someone throws a little more filthy lucre their way it's, adios, motherfuckers!  And then there was the druggin' and the thuggin', players were charged with murder, child molesting, drug trafficking, hiring hitmen to kill their pregnant girlfriends, WTF???  And the pandering by the owners, the pussy rules to protect owner investments in their top paid athletes, don't hit him too hard!  We're a couple years away from flag football.  And now this fucking disrespecting the National Anthem, that's like the final nail in the coffin. There's just nothing there to keep me interested.  It's not the game I grew up with and watched with my dad.
View Quote

Thanks for writing that.

It's my thoughts exactly. Even the skins fan part and watching them with my dad. My interest has been waning and the past couple of seasons I've sort of forced myself to watch out of habit. This year I just gave it up and haven't watched a single game.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#16]
And fuck college football too.  I have no desire to support a bunch of criminals who probably can't even read.  Taxpayer money funds those programs, builds expensive stadiums, and pays for these jackasses to go to school.  Meanwhile, the rest of the public university is neglected.  Fuck that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Switched to NASCAR four years ago.  Haven't missed it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Dropped the National Felon League long ago.    Too many thugs.  Too much support of terrorist groups like #BlackLiesMatter.   Don't enough support of traditional values.   They are adult males who play a children's game for a living.   If people have a need to worship real heroes, they should support the VFW and DAV.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Haven't watched a single second of it, not missing anything.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes.  Growing up, I LOVED NFL football.  Haven't really been into it for 3-4 years, and not watching except being out to eat for the last 2 years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
All you guys are right, and...
They don't pay taxes, but expect your community to pay for them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I have never cared much for the NFL.   I will listen to the steelers when I am outside cutting firewood, but I actually enjoy hearing the call that rothlisberger is getting sacked and driven into the ground.
But I do like college football - it generally a much more fun atmosphere, and its usually your school you are rooting for.

However the retards at michigan with their black power raised fist during the national anthem my cause me to reevaluate that too.

The only pro sport I like is baseball.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, about 30 years ago.

Same with baseball, basketball, hockey, NASCAR, .... All of it prescripted faggotry.

The only thing I follow is the one undisputed, unrehearsed completely honest sport:  professional wrestling.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Why should I care about professional athletes when they don't even know who I am? They can all go to hell.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Ive been a Packers fan since I was 14. Loved watching Reggie white and Favre. As a Bama fan I was looking forward to watching Amari  with the Raiders and Henry with the Titans.

I'm done. Actions have consequences. I know they won't miss me. Maybe enough feel the same as me to mAke a difference

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Seems a lot of people are turning off the NFL;

NFL Ratings Drop Faster Than Colin Kaepernick Hearing ‘The Star Spangled Banner’

The NFL sees its ratings going down faster than Colin Kaepernick after hearing “O say can you see.”
View Quote

If you did not see this coming you were not paying attention, the moment of the progressive liberals stating messing with football the NFL was doomed as progressive liberalism destroys everything it touches, absolutley everything!

Hell I would not be surprised if Goodell and most of the team owners have "donated" to the Clinton foundation for "special" favors.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Yup....done and w/MLB too.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Not since Eddie DeBartolo gave up ownership of the 49ers to his sister in 2000.

It was the end of the dynasty.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I enjoy it too much, I just can't not watch football.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

NFL Ratings Drop Faster Than Colin Kaepernick Hearing ‘The Star Spangled Banner’

If you did not see this coming you were not paying attention, the moment of the progressive liberals stating messing with football the NFL was doomed as progressive liberalism destroys everything it touches, absolutley everything!

Hell I would not be surprised if Goodell and most of the team owners have "donated" to the Clinton foundation for "special" favors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The NFL sees its ratings going down faster than Colin Kaepernick after hearing “O say can you see.”

Rush was talking about this in Thursday but I didn't get to hear the entire segment. Not surprising at all.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:21:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been done for many years. Fuck them. Time is better spent elsewhere
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Big fan since childhood now I could care less.  

What the NFL doesn't seem to get is that people watch if for a break from all the BS.  

Now it is the BS.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#34]
fuck the NFL right in their collective asses.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#35]
It's a sport dominated by amish gang members.  Yeah, I can do without it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Football is entertainment. Nothing but a plain old school yard game.

Once it becomes a political avenue, it is no longer a game but a stage for a certain race of people that think they are special little snowflakes that don't have to follow the same rules as the white people.

Fuck the NFL for letting the players ruin the game. Fuck the players for airing their races dirty laundry in an entertainment setting.  

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Favre was the last QB worth watching. Screw em.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#38]
I have taken a knee on the NFL...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Gave it up. And I'm a Bears season ticket holder.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:43:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Yeah, its funny.  I've lost interest.  I just don't care anymore.  Anything relating to BLM, I just don't care anymore.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, but I gave up on them years ago.  I haven't regularly watched pro football in over 30 years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Hard to trust people who are "fans" of the NFL.  It's like tattooing your face.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My interest has decreased drastically the last few years.  I think I've watched 2 games this season, and that was mostly an excuse to go hang out with friends.
View Quote

This. Won't spend a nickel on it though.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:51:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Only when my favorite team is on. And it is not the panthers. Which means rarely, bc the shittly panthers are always on when my team is playing.
View Quote

Dude, weren't they just in the Super Bowl?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't care for the NFL
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:52:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Yep, done.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Man, I wish I could short the NFL.

This is the first year that I havent seen at least 6 games by this time in the season.  In fact, I havent seen more than 20 mins of any game yet.  

The BS has been building for many years but I am willing to admit that there is more to it.  First off, there has never been this level of entertainment content available instantly at any time.  I could watch two hours of youtube tomorrow and be both entertained and educated at the end of it.   Secondly  I am also turning the TV off more and more to go out and actually do something.  Spending 4hrs on a sunday sitting on my ass has become less and less appealing.  Maybe I am valuing my free time more.  Maybe I have more cash to blow on hobbies and projects.  I dunno.

Mabes I was naive, but prosports used to be apolitical in a relaxing way.  Either I have awakened or it has drifted far from what it was.

Also LULZ for the self-righteous folk saying they only watch highschool and college ball.  Unless your kid is playing in it, it is still a waste of time.   It is all the same shit as the NFL but the assholes rotate out every 3 years.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is the first year since I was a small child that I'm not watching the NFL.

Fuck them.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Hard to watch when most players no longer love the game.
Pro boxing and Nascar have suffered the same fate.
There is now an "I" in team.
Too many distractions.
Sorry but I'm out.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top