Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Yes.  

By an active duty Marine Corps hoodrat.  People who unconditionally white knight or give a free pass to members of our armed forces can fuck off.  

She is on Bloomberg's bullshit interactive map of gun violence.  I tried to get her info taken off of their website but they told me it was public record.  I told them to fuck off too.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Does malpractice count?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:52:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Amazingly just 2.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes. A cousin murdered while driving a cab. RCMP caught them pretty quick.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I had an Aunt that was murdered before I was born. Girl that used to come to church with us was murdered.  No one ever figured out who done that one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife's niece was murdered by her husband. Stabbed her multiple times and then turned the knife on himself.  At least the piece of shit had the decency to do himself in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, my little brother. RIP Dale.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
This guy was in my Company in Germany and Iraq.

And this guy.  Cause, as far as I'm concerned, even though she didn't die, you don't shoot someone to tickle them.

Knew the victims through the FRG and Company functions.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:55:57 PM EDT
[#9]
More of an acquaintance. I picked up buddy that worked at Barnies Coffee that night and saw him behind the counter of the Chick-fil-A.  Said hi as we left the mall.  Didn't know it would be the last time

Info on the murder from Wiki

On May 1, 1999, Nicholas Megrath, an 18-year-old manager at the Chick-fil-A restaurant then located in the mall's Treats food court was murdered execution-style by Jessie Miller Jr. Investigators said Miller entered the store, gagged and bound Megrath to a chair with duct tape and unsuccessfully attempted to open the store's safe. Investigators claimed that then Miller became frustrated and fired a bullet into the 18-year-old's temple. Miller and his gang fled the scene with about $500 in cash. Miller was sentenced to life without parole in 2009. Miller was granted another trial and found not guilty on June 30, 2014.[3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
An old friend of mine was killed 10 or so years ago and an even older friend did the killing. The charge was murder and he beat it. Everyone who knows anything about it seems to think that was a little much.  Some sort of manslaughter was probably more accurate. She somehow came out of the back of a moving pick up and he was most likely responsible.  Left a 6 month old daughter who lives down the street with her grandma.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#12]
My cousin.

We grew up together in a very close family. He lived a few blocks over. Got into drugs and a bad crowd.  Ripped of a drug dealer one too many times. Took 4 rounds of 9mm to the chest. DRT.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I was a young fella -- about 30 years ago -- a friend that I knew from high school and still saw fairly frequently was walking home in an urban part of St. Louis. He encountered somebody along the way who thought it was a good idea to bash his head in with a brick.

Jump ahead to five years ago . . .

A good friend, somebody I had known for 20 years and had become my mentor as I entered the pawn business was killed while managing a pawnshop. Some local miscreant beat him to death. They life flighted my friend to the hospital but he never regained consciousness. It was a real blow. He was a good friend. We e-mailed or talked on the phone almost every day and did a bunch of deals together. I truly felt we were kindred spirits and loved telling pawnbroker stories to each other, commiserating with each others tales of customers and their bullshit. I think about him often and his words of advice come to mind all the time. I miss you Dayne . . .
View Quote

Friends like that are rare.

Sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Knew a girl for years that ended up being killed by her husband in a murder suicide, and then oddly enough I served along a guy that ended up killing his wife last year. None of us were surprised, the guy was always a nut.

http://wavy.com/2015/09/06/deputies-husband-murders-wife-with-children-in-the-home/
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Friend and neighbor was shot and killed while working a brush lease, he stumbled into the wrong grow. Everyone knew this guy and he knew everyone but somebody from outside the area. Really sad.

A friends mom got hit by a stray in a drive by in Tacoma in 1990 I think.

Guy I went to JHS with killed his uncle, think it was abuse/revenge related.

I survived a knife attack when I was 18 Y/O, girlfriends tweaker ex. Took a slash to the forearm that still aches all the damn time 25 years later. Girl wasn't worth it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#16]
my brother's ex SIL.  met her a few times, she attended an AA meeting with me.

They found her dead in a homeless camp, never caught the killer
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I worked with him for a few years before he became a cop....http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-honors-kevin-gillespie-ann-officer-death-article-1.2564120

Not really murder but my ex BIL just died from being ran over and dragged while on fire on his moped by some guy in a pickup truck in S.C. RIP Jack.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#18]
My brother's friend.  He was known to my entire family and had stayed over at times at my parent's place (high school age) when he ws unable of going home.  When he needed money, I loaned it to him (got collateral which was returned when he repaid me).  Anyway, he went out to investiage a disturbance on his property, was disarmed and killed with his own weapon.  RIP Dan.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
My mom's twin brother... his ex-wife shot him 13 times with a .22 rifle, 9 times in the back. She walked...
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Girl I went to high school with.

About a year after we graduated, she was gently rear-ended on the interstate exit ramp in our hometown (yes, there's only one). She called the police to report the accident, and by the time they got there all they found was a car with the driver's door open and hazard flashers on. Her purse was still in the car.

Murder of Amanda Morton by David Zink.

She was within a baseball throw of the high school when she was kidnapped. She didn't struggle at the scene.

Never, ever allow yourself to be taken anywhere in a kidnapping. You fight to the death if necessary, because if you get taken to another location, it's going to be worse, guaranteed. Tell the women in your life this.

Make them understand it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I worked with a guy who was killed by his brother in law.

Brother in law worked with us as well.  The deed was not done at work
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:12:16 PM EDT
[#22]
There's a village north of kodiak, and an old white couple lived there.  He was a skinny tall guy and she was a stout german gal.  He would go through his liquor stash and you can't drive to a liquor store... so he would break into her wine and she would just beat the shit out of him.  Mean mean woman.  then he would get sauced out of his mind and piss in the recliner, and she would beat him senseless there too.

Well, one morning he was cold in his recliner.  Ruled a alcohol related death but everyone knows she beat him to death.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#23]
A dude I went to high school with strangled his dad when they argued about mowing the lawn.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#24]
1972, fellow female coworker was tormenting and bullying a viet nam vet that was new. One day he followed her and blew her brains out.
Found not guilty due to insanity.

Fellow cop stumbled upon a murder scene. Took a bullet to the head. Perp decided to stand and fight and got ventilaed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I know someone that did the murdering
View Quote

Yep - me too.

Google Ann Avery Elk Rapids Michigan.

She was a client of mine and so was the older guy she was seeing. Her daughter was in the same grade as mine.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Yes.  One of my customers was killed by a Katrina refugee.  The really messed up part of it is that the guy was convinced the police couldn't do anything about it because more than 60 days had passed before he was caught.
View Quote

Ive heard about those. Some weird law in NOLA that if they cant bring evidence against you by 60 days you go free.

So during/after Katrina all the refugees went to Houston to startup their old time bullshit. Many got quite the surprise when TX told them you stay in jail until we tell you to.

Thats crazy.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:16:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes.
1. Was trying brake up a fight (was not involved) and one of the fighters went to the car and grabbed a gun. (Life)
2. Friend was released from prison less than a week out was shot in the chest. Guy turned himself in.
3. Murder.... Killed his ex wife's dad and shot her at the mall
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:17:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes
9year old boy. .

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#29]
My cousin most likely was. The dirt bad that did it is dead now though at least.

I met Arfcom member John Hobbes before he was murdered in the line of duty. Talked to him a few times. He was one of the nicest persons I've ever met

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#30]
High school classmate I knew pretty well was shot and killed on the railroad tracks one night.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:22:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Good friend from high school was murdered by his roommate and stuffed in a dumpster.

Girl from Jr high was found stuffed under a house. Druggie

Another guy from high school ripped off some bikers.  They knocked on his door and blew him away with a shotgun when he answered.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes.

Rest easy, my friend.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#33]
OOOPS.

How'd that happen?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#34]
My Nephew see you on the other side Robby
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Two guys I went to HS with were burned up in a trailer fire. Ruled as just another fire, but the

word is they were murdered. Drug related.

A guy broke into a cousin's house and strangled a boy (6 or 8 IIRC) and also my cousin. She was

asleep on the couch and was found with her panties down and strangled. The police were having a

hard time as it was a real who-dunit, but the murderer just walked in one day and confessed.

A guy who was at the PD I started at worked as a deputy part time was shot and killed by a guy

they had papers on. The guy then killed his self.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Went to Catholic grammar school with both, a murderer who bashed his wifes head in with a hammer , cut it halfway off with a hacksaw , when the hacksaw broke he stuffed her under the bed and went up to Massachusettes where he was caught and a friend who moved to Fla was found shot in the head and floating next to a dock!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And this guy.  Cause, as far as I'm concerned, even though she didn't die, you don't shoot someone to tickle them.

View Quote

" ....... his military training kicked in ...... "

What total horseshit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Know someone who got murdered..

Guy I was in the Coast Guard with..

Dirtball from day one and known to all..

Petty thief, drug dealer, hustler etc..

Found him face up on a hill top..

Looked like a 12Ga took off his hat..

Problem solved and staying solved..

Gunman still at large AFAIK..

No fucks given on this end..
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
More of an acquaintance. I picked up buddy that worked at Barnies Coffee that night and saw him behind the counter of the Chick-fil-A.  Said hi as we left the mall.  Didn't know it would be the last time

Info on the murder from Wiki

On May 1, 1999, Nicholas Megrath, an 18-year-old manager at the Chick-fil-A restaurant then located in the mall's Treats food court was murdered execution-style by Jessie Miller Jr. Investigators said Miller entered the store, gagged and bound Megrath to a chair with duct tape and unsuccessfully attempted to open the store's safe. Investigators claimed that then Miller became frustrated and fired a bullet into the 18-year-old's temple. Miller and his gang fled the scene with about $500 in cash. Miller was sentenced to life without parole in 2009. Miller was granted another trial and found not guilty on June 30, 2014.[3]
View Quote

That's fucked up.

POS should have gotten the death penalty in the first trial, and a bullet in his head out back of the courthouse.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#40]
A girl I went to High School with was killed (stabbed her several times when she was passed out drunk) by her husband about 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#41]
I knew plenty of people who have died from natural causes but not murdered.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Friend from school. He got carjacked and shot execution style behind the head. Open casket. I still remember what his face looked liked in that casket. They had to reconstruct his face for the funeral.

Second was my former girlfriend. We broke up. She eventually got married to a psycho. Went throught separation. One day, psycho guy broke in her house and stabbed her 50 times. They had a kid.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:38:23 PM EDT
[#43]
A girl in my 8th grade class was abducted and murdered. It was my cousins first week as a detective who got the case and caught the evil bastard.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I knew an engineer at American Airlines in Tulsa.  Ex-marine.  Was walking out of a restaurant.  Got mugged and tried to stop the bad guy.  Got shot in the groin and died.   Shooter was charged and got life in jail.  Found out the next day and it me pretty hard.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:44:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Not anymore
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:47:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Girl I knew all through school, who had a crush on me in high school. Used to work on cars with her brothers back in the day.

Her Brother strangled her for drug money after he turned into a raging crack monster.

Another guy who I went to school with had his sister murdered, but I didn't know her well.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Yep childhood friend and his brother had their throats cut in their sleep by some worthless piece of shit. I think he was about 13 IiRC older cousin fought him off and sustained fairly serious injuries and the cops got him.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What total horseshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What total horseshit.

Yep.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:51:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I know someone that did the murdering
View Quote

This, X3.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#50]
I had a great uncle who was murdered by someone he had fired the week before.

A guy I went to elementary and middle school with moved to the city and got killed about a year later by some gang members, because he refused to join the gang.

When I was in high school, a guy 2 grades ahead of me was killed when he tried to break up a fight at a party.

A girl from college went missing the summer after our freshman year. I didn't know her that well. She still hasn't been found, but they're pretty sure she was murdered.

Hopefully that's as long as my list will get.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top