Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not at all, it is this huge rush to judgment without all of the facts being in I don't care for.  If she made a mistake she should pay for it, but only after all of the facts are in.  

Same as anyone else.

Right now she is as good as guilty long before any hearing or trial thanks to the media and our politicians.  That is not how we do things here.

And she might be guilty, but after due process, not before.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Be careful what you ask for.....you just might get it.

They are getting it in Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, New York, and Oakland.  

Coming soon to Tulsa.
Apparently the window he was supposedly reaching into when she fired was closed, which I did not realize until today. So if a cop fucks up and shoots someone the people should not say anything to prevent other cops from retiring on the job?  

Not at all, it is this huge rush to judgment without all of the facts being in I don't care for.  If she made a mistake she should pay for it, but only after all of the facts are in.  

Same as anyone else.

Right now she is as good as guilty long before any hearing or trial thanks to the media and our politicians.  That is not how we do things here.

I clip the next Trayvon and I'll get treated like Zimmerman. I know this and accept it.

It's all part of the game now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just drove through 71st and 169 nothing happening yet.
View Quote

At 530 it had to be hell!
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ok.  I'd guarantee there were plenty of other units enroute to the DV call.  An abandoned car straddling the center center line of a two lane highway deserves immediate attention even from the simple perspective of being a traffic hazard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shelby, who joined the Tulsa Police Department in December 2011, was en route to a domestic violence call when she encountered Crutcher's vehicle abandoned on a city street, straddling the center line. Shelby did not activate her patrol car's dashboard camera, so no footage exists of what first happened between the two before other officers arrived.

She already sounds like a fucking moron. "Fuck the DV call......I found an abandoned car"

Ok.  I'd guarantee there were plenty of other units enroute to the DV call.  An abandoned car straddling the center center line of a two lane highway deserves immediate attention even from the simple perspective of being a traffic hazard.

Been on ride a longs in Tulsa. Unless it was a man with a gun call I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
If only she had smiled and waved.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shoulda used her drop gun like the STL cop. She could have stayed free for another couple years at least.
View Quote

What STL cop, which shooting?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I really get the sense that there's been a change in the way the process works and we should probably get used to it. If there is a shooting and the mob demands accountability (regardless of facts) then DAs will press charges every single time to put the burden on the Grand Jury as opposed to themselves. This also gives the mob the "look, they're doing something!" in the here and now moment. By the time the GJ says no bill then the mobs' heads have cooled and no one goes and burns down the neighborhood.

So far I think we've been lucky in that there seems to have been a good amount of common sense coming out of the courts in these matters. If the manslaughter charges ever start sticking (in these questionable cases) then I think you're going to see a big change in the way LE operates
View Quote

Interesting observations. Funny username, though. :)
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I clip the next Trayvon and I'll get treated like Zimmerman. I know this and accept it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Be careful what you ask for.....you just might get it.
They are getting it in Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, New York, and Oakland.  
Coming soon to Tulsa.
Apparently the window he was supposedly reaching into when she fired was closed, which I did not realize until today. So if a cop fucks up and shoots someone the people should not say anything to prevent other cops from retiring on the job?  

Same as anyone else.

It was part of the game for a long time for cops in some areas, now more get to experience it.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shoulda used her drop gun like the STL cop. She could have stayed free for another couple years at least.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1911108_Largest_Wrongful_Death_Suit_Evah_Settled_St_Louis_cop_uses_AK47_Now_With_Video
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Darrel Wilson had his career ruined.
View Quote

That's the risk when you shoot people: you can still lose, even if you win.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I find it curious that BLM and the rioters get more upset when it is an obvious good shoot.  Charlotte, total mayhem.  Bad shoot in Tulsa, not near the reaction.  This is all about political agendas and it doesn't matter how justified one is, or good the shoot is, they are going to riot and protest when it fits their agenda. I think a lot of money got poured into Charlotte because it is tilting blue possibly this election, got to stir up the ignorant voters.  Of course, to me it seems counter productive, it may draw out the inner city black vote to some degree, but it is also going to motivate people horrified at the riots to vote against Hillary who has so obviously embraced these radicals, criminals, and hate groups.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
3 busloads of protestors inbound from Ferguson, according to OHP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

They should be stopped and searched to see if they have checks or ATM cards issued by George Soros.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bet a lack of training lawsuit is on her attorneys radar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sympathetic gun fire due to the taser

She choked?

Ok. So her defense is "I'm a big fucking retard"?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did her a favor because she now can't be interviewed.
Why not?

+1

They still can. Unless there's some goofy OK law preventing it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:21:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She choked?

Why not?

Weren't they talking about Feaster having too much training as a possible defense?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I find it curious that BLM and the rioters get more upset when it is an obvious good shoot.  Charlotte, total mayhem.  Bad shoot in Tulsa, not near the reaction.  This is all about political agendas and it doesn't matter how justified one is, or good the shoot is, they are going to riot and protest when it fits their agenda. I think a lot of money got poured into Charlotte because it is tilting blue possibly this election, got to stir up the ignorant voters.  Of course, to me it seems counter productive, it may draw out the inner city black vote to some degree, but it is also going to motivate people horrified at the riots to vote against Hillary who has so obviously embraced these radicals, criminals, and hate groups.
View Quote

My wife and I were laughing about that earlier. Glad we live near common sense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Former Republican Presidential candidate Dr. Carson is again calling for police to be trained in the next level of less then lethal force.
Not saying the officer charged did not possibly screw up here, but perhaps we need a national campaign to target the black community
to educate them on exactly what to do when the police give you verbal commands.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope she gets off 100%, and then sues the fuck out of OK.

This shit is out of control.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Fuuuuuuck those guys. That's bullshit.

They are crippling the police, they'll delay so hard for fear of this they'll be at a huge disadvantage.

Guy reached in the truck, end of story.hope she gets off
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It was part of the game for a long time for cops in some areas, now more get to experience it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/QH6YNci_zpsix0oqv9a.gif
View Quote

I know. Just this whole "well by golly I didn't know shooting a colored person is legally hazardous" schtick died nationwide in 2011.

We've all been on notice for 5 years, minimum.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They are crippling the police, they'll delay so hard for fear of this they'll be at a huge disadvantage.

View Quote

The truck window was up............
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
3 busloads of protestors inbound from Ferguson, according to OHP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Those buses would have all kinds of safety violation is I was a cop on that road.

In fact they might not ever be road worthy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

What Stl Cop and drop gun?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:34:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Morons forget that one of the reasons we have police it to protect criminals from the much rougher justice they would recieve at the hands of pissed off victims.
Google South American street justice and you will see robbers doused in gas and set on fire, a bit worse than getting pepper sprayed.
View Quote

That's what things will eventually come down to.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe you should go join the Public Defender in Charlotte who is out working the crowd.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please show me in the video where it looks like its up... it was not very conclusive to me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I know. Just this whole "well by golly I didn't know shooting a colored person is legally hazardous" schtick died nationwide in 2011.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v361/Extorris/Gifs/QH6YNci_zpsix0oqv9a.gif

I got clued in to that back in '87 when Stephen Sullivan got put on trial.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:37:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, but the guy did not reach into the truck...

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really get the sense that there's been a change in the way the process works and we should probably get used to it. If there is a shooting and the mob demands accountability (regardless of facts) then DAs will press charges every single time to put the burden on the Grand Jury as opposed to themselves. This also gives the mob the "look, they're doing something!" in the here and now moment. By the time the GJ says no bill then the mobs' heads have cooled and no one goes and burns down the neighborhood.

So far I think we've been lucky in that there seems to have been a good amount of common sense coming out of the courts in these matters. If the manslaughter charges ever start sticking (in these questionable cases) then I think you're going to see a big change in the way LE operates
View Quote

PA's either issue a warrant, (press charges in your terms) OR submit the case to a Grand Jury, which then hears the merits of the case and determines if charges should be indicted, or not indicted.
You dont get "charges pressed" and then sent to a Grand Jury.

You are correct however, with regard to Grand Jury's giving PA's cover regarding certain decisions.

But the mob still burned down Ferguson in November 2014 when the Grand Jury refused to indict Darren Wilson for the shooting death of Mike Brown waaaaaaaay back in August of 2014. So, historically,  3.5 months isnt enough time to cool the mob down.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Even if he did reach into the vehicle there was no justification to shoot him simply for that. He'd need to be more of a direct, clear threat than that.

From what I saw, if that situation made her the most scared she's ever been, she has no business being a cop in the first place. Especially with all those cover officers on scene.

They should have just run up behind him and taken out a knee with a flashlight or baton. Works every time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s266.photobucket.com/user/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/media/image_zpsypgkkj4a.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/image_zpsypgkkj4a.jpeg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s266.photobucket.com/user/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/media/image_zpsypgkkj4a.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii265/AKSNOWRIDER_2008/image_zpsypgkkj4a.jpeg</a>

They so busy talking they didn't notice the Alzheimer's patient that wondered on stage with them
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Please show me in the video where it looks like its up... it was not very conclusive to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had a photo on the news here claiming the window was up Could be true, may not be. Still a shitty situation. I would like to have audio to know what the convo was before passing judgement.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Glad I'm not a cop anymore. 4 years now in the transportation industry. They can keep that shit just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would anyone want that job anymore, just isn't worth it.

Glad I'm not a cop anymore. 4 years now in the transportation industry. They can keep that shit just fine.
3 years in IT for me.

Was making $31K, as a 16 year LEO, to put up with all the BS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:45:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here the window looks open. It shows the sun shining on the light color interior, there appears to be "blood" on the door, and it aligns above with the shoulder belt on the B-pillar making it look like there is "blood" on a closed window, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I wish all LEO's would go on strike for 24 hours.

Let the oppressed people weed themselves out.
View Quote

As long as it's paid it could gain traction.

But then who do I call when I'm in trouble? Oh yeah that's right, the same people I normally call in an emergency, Domino's!

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Respectfully, that seems a bit silly. If an officer doesn't want to get "screwed over" by the system they should avoid shooting unarmed people. And note, even when they DO shoot an unarmed person, usually the only punishment they get is some time off with pay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting for Extorris to chime in, this is one good reason for a union.  I can sympathize for a job that puts your life at risk and then in hindsight everybody wants to fuck you in the ass for it.

Respectfully, that seems a bit silly. If an officer doesn't want to get "screwed over" by the system they should avoid shooting unarmed people. And note, even when they DO shoot an unarmed person, usually the only punishment they get is some time off with pay.

Do you make a good living as a rocket surgeon?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They had a photo on the news here claiming the window was up Could be true, may not be. Still a shitty situation. I would like to have audio to know what the convo was before passing judgement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The audio was weird also, I could not hear a gunshot, but I heard the radio station interview with James Hetfield and Nikki Sixx on the cop's radio.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The union is the only thing that saved Wilson from the Ferguson/ Brown debacle. DOJ_CRS wanted him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Waiting for Extorris to chime in, this is one good reason for a union.  I can sympathize for a job that puts your life at risk and then in hindsight everybody wants to fuck you in the ass for it.

Tulsa PD has a union.

The union is the only thing that saved Wilson from the Ferguson/ Brown debacle. DOJ_CRS wanted him.

Ferguson PD does not and did NOT have a Union.

What saved Darren Wilson was the facts of the shooting.

Which was exhaustively investigated by St Louis County PD, the Grand Jury, AND the DOJ.

A non existent union did nothing to "save" Darren Wilson. If he was guilty, he would have been charged and we'd probably be watching the trial right about now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She choked?

No.  My superiors didn't train me right.

It is a pretty common one for cops that fuck up.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Maybe you should go join the Public Defender in Charlotte who is out working the crowd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I wrong? I keep hearing LEOs threaten us with it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got clued in to that back in '87 when Stephen Sullivan got put on trial.
View Quote

I was 2, grandpa.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She choked?

IIRC, it was also in Tulsa where the old reserve deputy guy accidentally shot and killed some guy and went to jail for it last year.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

What do you mean "of course"?

Since 2007 only 2 officers in Oklahoma have been charged in the 162 police involved shooting deaths. It doesn't seem like a foregone conclusion that a police officer will face charges in the death of someone that they have shot.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/since-two-officers-have-been-prosecuted-in-fatal-oklahoma-police/article_e507b8b2-88c3-5708-bb47-279bbd895a5f.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course

Since 2007 only 2 officers in Oklahoma have been charged in the 162 police involved shooting deaths. It doesn't seem like a foregone conclusion that a police officer will face charges in the death of someone that they have shot.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crimewatch/since-two-officers-have-been-prosecuted-in-fatal-oklahoma-police/article_e507b8b2-88c3-5708-bb47-279bbd895a5f.html

Your retarded
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#44]

If you were thinking of using Kyle Dinkheller as a valid comparison then I'm afraid you're a moron.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

All four of the cops who shot the guy in NYC reaching for his wallet were prosecuted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of this has been brought on by the police and their union, with cops beating unconscious perps, kicking handcuffed women in the face, shooting teens answering the door, shooting men picking up canes, shooting men reaching for wallets, shooting up the wrong truck not once but twice in the same day, shooting a motorcyclist in the arms, pepper spraying motorcyclist while they were riding, beating a man who is laying spread eagle while on camera, shooting a handcuffed man in the back, shooting a handcuffed man in the back not once but twice, I can go on but I won't... in almost all of these cases no cops were prosecuted or even fired, I think in two cases someone was prosecuted or fired, maybe three. So yes cops do hold some responsibility for this...

But in all the cases where BLM gets involved with most were deserving of what they got, so please I'm not in anyway supporting them I'm just pointing out there does need to be more accountability... Flame away..

All four of the cops who shot the guy in NYC reaching for his wallet were prosecuted.

You're right I forgot about them but I was referring to the one in SC whom I think was prosecuted also.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DA's filing says he did.

DA says he reached and the tazer was also fired, meaning another LEO thought there was a threat.

Based on that I don't see her being convicted. Civil suit maybe.

Sucks for everyone involved though.

Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:02:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Could also be a ploy by the city to avert a riot.  Charge officer and the natives won't be restless.  Drop charges in 3 months.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Your retarded
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course

Your retarded

You're*

Eta: I make no claim against your pointing out that that person may be retarded, I'm only pointing out the spelling that's all.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:03:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The one in South Carolina is currently waiting for sentencing. He plead guilty to assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. He is facing 20 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of this has been brought on by the police and their union, with cops beating unconscious perps, kicking handcuffed women in the face, shooting teens answering the door, shooting men picking up canes, shooting men reaching for wallets, shooting up the wrong truck not once but twice in the same day, shooting a motorcyclist in the arms, pepper spraying motorcyclist while they were riding, beating a man who is laying spread eagle while on camera, shooting a handcuffed man in the back, shooting a handcuffed man in the back not once but twice, I can go on but I won't... in almost all of these cases no cops were prosecuted or even fired, I think in two cases someone was prosecuted or fired, maybe three. So yes cops do hold some responsibility for this...

But in all the cases where BLM gets involved with most were deserving of what they got, so please I'm not in anyway supporting them I'm just pointing out there does need to be more accountability... Flame away..

The one in South Carolina is currently waiting for sentencing. He plead guilty to assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature. He is facing 20 years.

That's the one I was referring too, I thought they prosecuted, but there's even more they didn't. The female who shot the teen answering his door was fired but that was her second time shooting at an unarmed person
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Your retarded
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of course

Your retarded

Page / 11
Top Top