Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/20/2016 12:22:46 PM EDT
Not who was your favorite or the best president, but who was the last great one? Who would you reincarnate if you could? How far back from today's date would you have to go?

Seems like Reagan is held up by conservatives, but a lot of Arfcom resents him for the '86 gun ban. IDK, I wasn't alive then.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Reagan.

The Hughes Amendment bashers don't know shit about FOPA, how it was amended, or how important it was.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:24:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thomas Jefferson.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the first one should be in the discussion.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:26:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Obama.  He was great at golf.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Harding.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:27:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reagan.

The Hughes Amendment bashers don't know shit about FOPA, how it was amended, or how important it was.
View Quote

This

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
It's been downhill since Washington... although William Henry Harrison made a good run of it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Jefferson Davis.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Washington, until the Whiskey Tax.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#11]
While Nancy was just saying no to drugs...Mena was saying si si si....
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It's been downhill since Washington... although William Henry Harrison made a good run of it.
View Quote

Calvin Coolidge was also excellent.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#13]
William Henry Harrison
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Harding
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Ike.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Calvin Coolidge
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll second Ike.
He was a good manager who knew how to choose the right people.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ike.
View Quote

Ike was decent... buy way too soft on the commies.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#19]
JFK got us to the moon and fucked Marilyn Monroe.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Jefferson Davis.
View Quote

I second that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:46:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Reagan, before that JFK

I liked W, but Patriot Act.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Calvin Coolage
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Calvin Coolage

aka Coolidge

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Reagan was AWESOME

NIXON WAS AWESOME he open china got as favorable nuclear arms deal & and bombed North vietnam to near capitulation.

Eisenhower was awesome

Teddy Roosevelt was AWESOME that is all for the last century the rest rate from good with the Bush family to full blown pole smokers  like LBJ

if you disagree with me you are likely a Glen Beck listener  and I feel sorry for you.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Reagan was AWESOME

NIXON WAS AWESOME he open china got as favorable nuclear arms deal & and bombed North vietnam to near capitulation.

Eisenhower was awesome

Teddy Roosevelt was AWESOME that is all for the last century the rest rate from good with the Bush family to full blown pole smokers  like LBJ

if you disagree with me you are likely a Glen Beck listener  and I feel sorry for you.
View Quote

Nixon's foreign policy was first-rate, but his domestic policy sucked balls.

TR was a great military hero, but a shitty political figure.  Way too populist and big-government.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came here to post this.

Regan wasn't terrible either.  He understood that winning the cold war was a question of belief.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:03:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Washington.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:04:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Washington.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I second that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jefferson Davis.

I second that.

Third, nomination passes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Ike played TWICE as much golf as Obama, and also got a lot of men needlessly killed at Normandy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Calvin Coolage
View Quote
The best
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Andrew Jackson.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I would bring back Reagan.  

He understood the need for strong "don't fuck with us" foreign policy and for a strong military.  He also believed America was fundamentally good and preached it every chance he had, and he believed our enemy, Communism, was fundamentally evil, and he preached that openly and consistently.  None of this "it means well, it just has been hijacked by fundamentalists."

Yes, he cut and ran from Lebanon after the Marine Barracks was bombed, and people like to say the lesson the Muzzies learned from that was the US cannot stand the sight of dead US servicemembers.  But he also had the balls to stand at the edge of East Berlin and say to the entire world "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" and the balls to call the USSR "an evil empire" instead of pussyfooting around with arrogant shit like "the Junior Varsity team."

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Reagan was the last great speaker as president, but the correct answer is Calvin Coolidge...
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Reagan.

View Quote

Correct, Reagan wasn't perfect (neither was Jefferson or Washington,) but the illogical hate for Reagan around here is disturbing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]
reagan.

no he wasnt perfect and no i didn't agree with all his decisions but he is the reason i got involved in politics. he inspired the nation and you never questioned whose side he was on. he did what he could. the irony is that most modern repub senators and congressmen who throw his name around wouldnt know what true reagan conservatism was if it bit them in the ass.

G.H.W. was a lying shithead (his latest news today furthers that belief) and JR was a fucking idiot. and im not even gonna comment on clinton or obama because there are no good democrat presidents in the modern era.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:25:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

aka Coolidge

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calvin Coolage

aka Coolidge

Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not: nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers. It may not be difficult to store up in the mind a vast quantity of facts within a comparatively short time, but the ability to form judgments requires the severe discipline of hard work and the tempering heat of experience and maturity.

They used to talk so good back then.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#39]
GWB
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Came here to post this.

Regan wasn't terrible either.  He understood that winning the cold war was a question of belief.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to post this.

Regan admired Calvin Coolidge.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jefferson Davis.

I second that.

No.  The only thing Davis really had going for him was that he was Lincoln was an even BIGGER tyrannical statist douchebag.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Jefferson Davis.
View Quote

I see what you did there.

Ill go with Ike even though it seems he had some hidden secrets as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calvin Coolage

aka Coolidge

Bonus points for the fact that Calvin was known for being very silent and rarely speaking at all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Flame Suite on...  George W Bush.....  He wasn't perfect but at least he loved America and the Troops
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ike.
View Quote

Your kidding, right?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#46]
As great as Reagan was, he increased the national debt in a big way (at the time).
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Ronald .
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#48]
JFK
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Reagan, before that JFK

I liked W, but Patriot Act.
View Quote

W was a disaster in so many ways... Now WMD in Iraq, fighting daddy's war that went unfinished. Putting idiots in charge like "Brownie". Ben Bernanke will go down as one of his worst appointments. And lest we forget... he supported extending the AWB.

JFK... Bay of Pigs ring a bell? "Whiz Kids" that got soldiers killed in Nam? Getting us into Nam with no objective?

Reagan was great in his own right, but, he did try an end run around congress with Iran-Contra arms sales. That is nothing to be proud of.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:43:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not who was your favorite or the best president, but who was the last great one? Who would you reincarnate if you could? How far back from today's date would you have to go?

Seems like Reagan is held up by conservatives, but a lot of Arfcom resents him for the '86 gun ban. IDK, I wasn't alive then.
View Quote

Reagan.   I hate the Hughes Amendment, but we got a lot w/ that poison pill.   I can't blame Reagan for signing it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top