Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2016 2:23:21 PM EDT
I just joined your club.....

Just moved to an awesome neighborhood, No more $180/mo HOA... everyone's lawn is immaculate, shrubbery and fruit trees everywhere, perfect driveways and American Flags.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:25:10 PM EDT
[#2]
My neighborhood did not have one when I moved in.  Now they are trying to form one and I am not joining.  F that I will keep my money thank you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I ...... hate you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just try masturbating in your backyard, screaming 'boom goes the dynamite!!!' on a Sunday afternoon and see how accommodating they are.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My neighborhood did not have one when I moved in.  Now they are trying to form one and I am not joining.  F that I will keep my money thank you.
View Quote

Oh man, I would loooove for someone in our neighborhood to approach me about forming an HOA.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I ...... hate you.
View Quote
I'm not just in an HOA....I'm the mother lovin' President.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just try masturbating in your backyard, screaming 'boom goes the dynamite!!!' on a Sunday afternoon and see how accommodating they are.
View Quote

I'm not sure they would hear me, all seem to be at work or somethign
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]

as it pours out from my BBQ grill
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I walked out of a few houses the realtor was showing us when he mentioned HOA. Eventually he got the point and excluded housed with HOAs.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#11]
You're screwed OP.

I've been informed here on GD that without them rules, your neighbors yard is going to look like this soon

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the dark side OP.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
A HOA has to be written into your deed when you buy the house, otherwise they have no power.  Kind of hard to start a HOA after the fact unless everyone in your neighborhood is going to refinance your homes in order to put deed restrictions in it.    Yeah...won't be happening.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Time for corn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Last house I had was part of a HOA.  It was not very expensive, but they also were basically worthless at the same time.

I am enjoying my new found non-HOA freedom now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Time for corn.
View Quote

thanks again for that thread, it was hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Time for corn.
View Quote

Perfect.

I need to go back and subscribe to both threads.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
ANYONE who's been to the Horn Of Africa hates it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#19]
After some of the bullshit I have seen some of them do, I would never buy a home with the HOA attached. Friends have a house they bought and you cannot park in front of it, or on the grass even temporarily. They will have it towed within a hour.  Another lived in condo that had the hoa and you could not park a work truck, to them a work truck was any kind of truck with signs, or any pickup truck without a topper painted to match the truck. That is the only trucks allowed. Some don't allow a satellite dish, or you cant move in on weekends, others its weekdays wtf.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#20]
FHOA
FBHO
FHRC
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:10:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
After some of the bullshit I have seen some of them do, I would never buy a home with the HOA attached. Friends have a house they bought and you cannot park in front of it, or on the grass even temporarily. They will have it towed within a hour.  Another lived in condo that had the hoa and you could not park a work truck, to them a work truck was any kind of truck with signs, or any pickup truck without a topper painted to match the truck. That is the only trucks allowed. Some don't allow a satellite dish, or you cant move in on weekends, others its weekdays wtf.
View Quote

That would require an army of tow trucks in my 'hood. I have to autocross my truck to get home. There are cars all over both sides of our narrow streets and there is always someone coming the opposite direction. The house across from mine literally has 12 cars associated with it. I'm not joking. It makes my skin crawl.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Ive never been a big fan of HOA's, they can be so dam irritating sometimes. However, I bought a new house a few months ago with a $85 monthly HOA fee. Here are some of the perks: Gated community, 7 boating lakes, Pool, Tennis facility, Gym, Horse stables, Golf course and several playgrounds. My son loves it so i cant complain.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Fuck the HOA fuckers.  

My one and only experience with the HOA was when I "lived" in Colorado Springs.  I was deployed to Afghanistan.  The HOA tried to fine my wife because the grass in the front yard was brown.  Did I mention there was a watering restriction inside the city limits?  So our options were to get fined by the HOA or get fined by the city.  So since I'm a smart ass, I told my wife to paint the yard.  She loved the idea and went out and bought a case of green spay paint.  The neighbors loved the sight of her painting 200 square feet of brown grass so they did the same thing.

Fuck your HOA, you fucking cocksucking faggots--no offense to my gay friends. You're fine.  But the HOA can kiss my whole ass.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:25:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Live somewhere with no neighbors and no HOA.  Problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]
We moved into one this year.
So far it has been ok.
$350 year.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Live somewhere with no neighbors and no HOA.  Problem solved.
View Quote

This is our plan in the next 5 years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You're screwed OP.

I've been informed here on GD that without them rules, your neighbors yard is going to look like this soon

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/12/1415791266360_wps_35_Rubbish_in_front_yard_Win.jpg
View Quote

You expect me to keep my hoarding inside my house????
Top Top