Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2016 9:19:45 AM EDT
Thinking about getting a vasectomy. Already have two kids, not planning any more.
What am I in for?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Doc will be juggling your junk for a bit.

I didn't know if I was suppose to give him my phone number after or what... very confusing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
A small cut, frozen peas, and a lazy weeken
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#3]
co worker got his done monday, he was back in last night.

He says they put him under for it, but most of the time they do it you're awake and just localized.

He has no regrets
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Pain free, easy, about a half day recovery time. Most of that psychological.  You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#5]
What others have said.  But remember that it will take up to a month to flush the pipes of your swimmers.  Once that happens, it does bring a certain freedom of thought to getting busy.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It''s a procedure that sounds way more worse than it actually is but with benefits that are totally worth it.  Seriously, it's no big deal and you will wonder what all the fuss was about after you have it done.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had two.

Got the first one after having two kids with my first wife. Got divorced 4 years later.

Remarried 3 years after divorce and got a reversal. Had two kids.

Decided to get another so wife could stop taking birth control.

The second one was worse but it was because the doc was an old dude that was rough with my balls.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:35:53 AM EDT
[#8]
What are you in for? Well.....

--having a physician handle your manhood while you stare at the ceiling tiles wondering why the fuck he's bothering to ask you about the weather

--hearing the phrase 'Just like a little bee-sting' as he's about to numb you up and you realize you hate bee stings on your arm let alone on your balls

--the feeling of having your nuts thumped all the way up to your throat when he snips the first line, then realizing there's one more to go

--finding yourself at home saying things you never would have imagined coming out of your mouth before like, 'Boy a bag of frozen peas would feel good on my nut-sack right about now.'
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#9]
My nuts were sore for at least 2 years
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I used ice cold Bud in bottles
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Done in doctor's office. Drove myself ,45 minutes in and out. Took two aspirin as doc suggested, never felt any discomfort.

CW
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Not a big deal.

Well, not big for some of us.    
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Best thing I ever did

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine hurt for a month.

It was occasionally uncomfortable for 1.5 years.

Probably better than having another kid. And I know I'm not the average result. But, know it's a possibility because they sure didn't tell me.

All I heard was "Weekend with ice on your junk and you'll be back at it on Monday".

Yeah. Nope.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It''s a procedure that sounds way more worse than it actually is but with benefits that are totally worth it.  Seriously, it's no big deal and you will wonder what all the fuss was about after you have it done.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:45:16 AM EDT
[#17]
got mine after our 2nd kid.  doc did a local and it felt like he was yanking on my nuts the whole time.  i felt it pretty good but nothing I couldnt handle.  the wife drove me there and back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thinking about getting a vasectomy. Already have two kids, not planning any more.What am I in for?
View Quote

Made this same thread about a month ago before mine. I was really sore the second and third days after. After that it slowly starts getting better. I'm 100% now. A couple of the stitches were takingtoo long to fall out, so I cut them out.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:55:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pain free, easy, about a half day recovery time. Most of that psychological.  You'll be fine.
View Quote

Hmmm...for me the procedure felt like they were ripping my nuts up through my nose, I passed out three times, and my nuts ached for 6-8 months afterward.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't be shy about telling the doc that you can still feel it. They are in a hurry and will start working before the local really has a chance to take effect. I felt *everything* he did to my left nut, and almost puked. By the time the nausea subsided, the local had taken hold and I didn't feel a thing with the right.

Oh, and where it says "scrotum needs to be shaved" in the preop instructions? That's not a warning that some nurse is going to give you the Dr. Evil treatment. It's a directive: "come in shaved or you'll be handed a single edged razor, no lotion, and pointed to the bathroom."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#22]
The needle hurts.  Twice.  Other than that, no pain.

Sore for a few days after.

Cream pies for life ftw

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Its nothing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thinking about getting a vasectomy. Already have two kids, not planning any more.What am I in for?
View Quote

Just had one last Monday.  Not gonna lie, the shots to numb are very uncomfortable.  After that I didn't know anything was being done.  

WEAR TIGHTY WHITEYS.  Your balls hangin will pull on veins and it is not a pleasant feeling.  REST.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
My nuts were sore for at least 2 years
View Quote

Mine for over 20.  Seriously discuss this with you doctor.  I was told that 15% of the people who get one have long term problems.  Something not mentioned in any discussions beforehand.  Walking around feeling like somebody kicked you in the balls is not conducive to an active sex life.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#27]
I was offered a valium to take one hour before the procedure. Didn't mind two guys tugging on my junk one bit.
No issues other than you won't be able to hit the headboard anymore...
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks but no. I never even castrated a pet, doing it to myself or a loved is is completely insane IMO.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks but no. I never even castrated a pet, doing it to myself or a loved is is completely insane IMO.
FerFAL
View Quote

Perhaps, but not worrying about pregnancy (especially after you get divorced and are reacquainting yourself with the "dating scene") is priceless.    
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:16:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Seriously, no matter how ok you feel while the anesthetic is still working, go home, sit, and don't move any more than you have to. You may have some discomfort/tenderness that lasts for a couple weeks afterwards, but it isn't anything too bad.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Had one a little over a year ago.  No big deal during or after.  I had it done on a Friday and went back to work on Monday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Easy, easy
Frozen peas-y
Jerk off in a cup
No more getting knocked up
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This. Seriously, no matter how ok you feel while the anesthetic is still working, go home, sit, and don't move any more than you have to. You may have some discomfort/tenderness that lasts for a couple weeks afterwards, but it isn't anything too bad.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumbass in my squadron went and played racquetball the day after having his done. Subcutaneous bleeding spread from his kneecaps to his upper abdomen.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#34]
You can expect the REAL "blue balls".

If your wife makes any promises, get it in writing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Perhaps, but not worrying about pregnancy (especially after you get divorced and are reacquainting yourself with the "dating scene") is priceless.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FerFAL

If youre sleeping around you really should be using condoms anyway. Theres LOTS of nasty stuff out there. With a woman that sleeps around youre likely to catch something.
FerFAL
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#36]
It's call a sports conversion for a reason
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#37]
The only real pain was the needle. Hurts for a few seconds then snip snip, burn, burn. Get some BRAND NEW supportive underwear to wear for a week or so. I laid in bed for the rest of the day with some frozen peas, but the next day there was no pain at all. All it cost me was a $20 co-pay, but that was 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Prepare to feel like Chuck Norris kicked you in the nuts.

Oh and to have your balls swell up to the size of softballs, and turn all shades of blue and purple.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Wasn't a big deal for me, a little sore for a couple days.

My testosterone bottomed out a few years later, which is completely unrelated according to medical experts.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:37:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
FerFAL
View Quote

Castrate, huh?

Conversations work better when one knows whereof they speak.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#41]
My experience was:

Very attractive female staring at the boys and talking about the weather and kids for 30 minutes because the doctor is running late. Despite what GD would think this was not fun or a turn on.

Doctor completing the procedure. Some small discomfort when he located the Vas and squeezed it with vise like strength.

Drove myself to Wal-Mart to buy some bike shorts and a bag of frozen peas.

Went home put on bike shorts over boxers, frozen peas between boxers and bike shorts. Sweat pants over the top.

Chilled out in the chair for the rest of the night.

It does take about a month to get all the swimmer out of your system that built up prior to the procedure. I highly recommend going to get your count tested at about the 45-60 day mark to make sure it was a success. Also not a bad idea to get tested every few years. This is a part of your body that has been this way for years and sometime it repairs itself as such. You hear all the time about guys that get it done then a few years later they have another kid on the way.

You still fire but now they are all blanks. Depending on which type you have done you will have a small scar.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Nothing like smelling the burning of your own Vas Deferens!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#43]
You'll see smoke come up from your nards.

Had mine done on a Thursday, drove myself home, and went to work the next day.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Just had one last Monday.  Not gonna lie, the shots to numb are very uncomfortable.  After that I didn't know anything was being done.  

WEAR TIGHTY WHITEYS.  Your balls hangin will pull on veins and it is not a pleasant feeling.  REST.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shots to numb? Where do these shots go exactly...?

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Easy Peasy!
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:10:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shots to the sack my friend...like a bee sting.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I've had two.

The first one fixed itself five years down the line.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#48]
I got it done twice... whataya wanna know?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You couldn't bring it a bit less direct? Fuck, shots to the sack... I was afraid it would come to this...

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Second best medical procedure I ever paid for - first is Lasik - nothing like being able to see without glasses and going bareback

/wait, what?!

// In all seriousness - it was quick - numbed up - did their thing - the ride home sucked as my wife wanted to hit every bump while I rode shotgun just for kicks - the recovery was not bad at all
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top