BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Right. IIRC, his defense of his actions was pretty much to say that it was the buyers' fault for not knowing that Magpul never made orange 3rd(?) generation P-Mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He dyed a batch of pmags orange and put them up on the EE.  Listed them as rare or something like that and never said they were dyed, leaving the impression they were originals.

Right. IIRC, his defense of his actions was pretty much to say that it was the buyers' fault for not knowing that Magpul never made orange 3rd(?) generation P-Mags.

Good ban.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Funny how I've met him and we had a nice talk about several things about my truck. I guess his brain has a wireless connection to google. He is very smart and very nice if you ever get the chance to meet him you should.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The king of googling

Goodnight sweet prince
Funny how I've met him and we had a nice talk about several things about my truck. I guess his brain has a wireless connection to google. He is very smart and very nice if you ever get the chance to meet him you should.

I'd never seen anyone challenge his know-how about engines. I seem to recall a diesel mechanic or two impressed by his knowledge there. That was a bit of a hobby for him. I think he was a chemical engineer in the petroleum industry - probably an expert there as well.

But sheesh, the guy tried to tell me what it was like to live in Uzbekistan. Really?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I am in agreement with the minority on this one.  

I'm glad that a few other could see behind the curtain.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But sheesh, the guy tried to tell me what it was like to live in Uzbekistan. Really?

View Quote

Oh now come on!!??

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'd never seen anyone challenge his know-how about engines. I seem to recall a diesel mechanic or two impressed by his knowledge there. That was a bit of a hobby for him. I think he was a chemical engineer in the petroleum industry - probably an expert there as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The king of googling

Goodnight sweet prince

Keith really is a smart dude but subject to human foibles like any of us.

He's also a super cool dude and very generous with his time and talents.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
2minkey is a terrible person. Keith_J is awesome. It troubles me that motherfuckers like 2minkey are allowed to hang around, shitting on people until a good guy finally calls them on it and gets in trouble.
View Quote

This.

Trolls can get fucked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't understand why 2minkey was here.It's one thing to be a bit contrarian or offer a differing opinion but it was hard to tell what he actually believed in or stood for other than the need to argue in an abrasive and intentionally confrontational manner.Maybe he's a nihilist,maybe he's a small man who can't lash out at the world in person. GD is missing nothing with his absence.

Keith_J seems to be a bright guy but falls into the trap of needing to be the smartest guy in the room and could paint himself into corners. That's hardly the worst thing ever,I just sort of took him as a Texan.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Keith_J lacked the aptitude to mop the floor with a troll like 2minkey, that's why he stooped the way he did. He got flustered and emotional, and rather than admit a shortcoming he lashed out.

Those here that perpetually sucked his dick probably never noticed that, but it was a pretty common thing whenever someone called him on BS.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many champions have fallen.

Keith never should have swallowed the DU troll bait and gotten into it with him here in GD.

He should have taken him to the pit and worked it out there - by mopping the fucking floor with him.

We would have gotten a much better outcome that way.

Keith_J lacked the aptitude to mop the floor with a troll like 2minkey, that's why he stooped the way he did. He got flustered and emotional, and rather than admit a shortcoming he lashed out.

Those here that perpetually sucked his dick probably never noticed that, but it was a pretty common thing whenever someone called him on BS.

Yep. Clearly a smart guy but hardly cyborg-smart.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No. I don't think that's correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:Totally this. Has really hurt the site in the last few years imo. I've been lurking since 2004, and while GD has always been special,  there used to be at least a little more conversation . Now it seems is nothing but monkeys throwing poop at each other.

I've been here since the beginning and it's always been about throwing poop. Most people here want to find something to argue about whether it's beans in chilli, why the Israelis attacked the USS Liberty, or 9mm vs .45.

Smoking is always a hot button as the addiction is serious.

No. I don't think that's correct.
Golf clap
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Many, many times his "encyclopedic knowledge" was put up against a genuine SME on a topic. Not once did I see him yield and admit maybe he could learn something. Instead, he'd double down, emboldened by his fan club here.

What impresses me about someone's "encyclopedic knowledge" is when an conversation goes off to an unplanned esoteric subject, and a no-shit SME on that subject remarks that the other guy knows an impressive amount for not working in that field.

Anything beyond that is "well, he's saying an awful lot,about something I know nothing about. I agree with him politically, so he must be right."

It's that latter bit that is the basis for most who talk about his "IQ and encyclopedic knowledge."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Keith is /was the top arfcommer measured by a ratio of IQ and encyclopedic knowledge. Some have one or the other, he possessed both.

People like that don't suffer fools well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Many, many times his "encyclopedic knowledge" was put up against a genuine SME on a topic. Not once did I see him yield and admit maybe he could learn something. Instead, he'd double down, emboldened by his fan club here.

What impresses me about someone's "encyclopedic knowledge" is when an conversation goes off to an unplanned esoteric subject, and a no-shit SME on that subject remarks that the other guy knows an impressive amount for not working in that field.

Anything beyond that is "well, he's saying an awful lot,about something I know nothing about. I agree with him politically, so he must be right."

It's that latter bit that is the basis for most who talk about his "IQ and encyclopedic knowledge."

My observations match this.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

TRG never came back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We're creatures of habit, so I believe he'll be back. ( I hope ).

TRG never came back.

Actually he did. Then he left again.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:11:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Page 1... 2 warnings. So let's put the odds on this thread at 3 warnings, two locks and a ban.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I didn't think Jim's comment was in violation. It wasn't name calling. It wasn't a personal attack. It was an opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
2minkey is a terrible person. Keith_J is awesome. It troubles me that motherfuckers like 2minkey are allowed to hang around, shitting on people until a good guy finally calls them on it and gets in trouble.

Totally this. Has really hurt the site in the last few years imo. I've been lurking since 2004, and while GD has always been special,  there used to be at least a little more conversation . Now it seems is nothing but monkeys throwing poop at each other.

Don't play in GD if you don't want GD shenanigans.

This.
Don't be so easy to hook.

I didn't think Jim's comment was in violation. It wasn't name calling. It wasn't a personal attack. It was an opinion.

Kinda what I thought...
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keith never should have swallowed the DU troll bait and gotten into it with him here in GD.

He should have taken him to the pit and worked it out there - by mopping the fucking floor with him.

You're usually in on these threads at the top rather than the bottom of the first page. You're slipping.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The CoC prevents me from expressing my actual feelings about "Mr. 2Minkey."

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]
For you guys who didn't know this 2Minkey grew up in a suburb not too far from where I grew up in Detroit.

About 15 miles away..........maybe more close to 20 miles.

Amazing how I turned out so nice considering that fact!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
well, GD is a lesser place without him.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#18]
... that gentleman seemed to be a wealth of information, and knowledge
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:26:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The second was InfiniteGrim. He said the exact two words about a cop getting killed that a staff  member said about an innocent person getting killed by police.
View Quote

If true, that's extremely fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The second was InfiniteGrim. He said the exact two words about a cop getting killed that a staff  member said about an innocent person getting killed by police.

IN!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You're usually in on these threads at the top rather than the bottom of the first page. You're slipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Some people have deep need to be "Smartest guy in the room and you WILL know it" kind of guys.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Oh..........this is thread IS developing potential!!

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:33:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

After years of observing, I'd estimate the ratio of people calling out your bs to Keith's as about...200:1.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

After years of observing, I'd estimate the ratio of people calling out your bs to Keith's as about...200:1.

lol

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that was damcv62 who got booted for that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Nope.

Two of them just don't like each other.

And Jim is surprising me. He be smarter than to take bait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like some of you gambled that 2mink was banned....and lost!

Nope.

Two of them just don't like each other.

And Jim is surprising me. He be smarter than to take bait.
I didn't see any bait.  in fact,  if there was bait,  it was laid out by Jim,  himself.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Keith can come back if he wants to IIRC.

It was only temporary..............right?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:37:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quote from Aimless:
I booted both these guys. InfiniteGrim I booted for comments me made in a thread about a murdered police officer, after much behind the scenes yelling (at me) I unlocked him. He then turned around and sold a bunch of orange pmags on the EE with an ad that seemed to claim they came from magpul orange (v dying them in his bath tub), so I permanently booted him.

Damcv62 I booted for comments made about a murdered police officer. He didn't get unlocked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
IN!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

IN!!

It isn't the whole story. Another part is that he dyed Pmags and tried to sell them off as originals in the EE.

edit - see better post above. But as you can see my memory is still razor sharp even in my senescence!

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would tend to agree.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote
I agree with this

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quote from Aimless:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quote from Aimless:
I booted both these guys. InfiniteGrim I booted for comments me made in a thread about a murdered police officer, after much behind the scenes yelling (at me) I unlocked him. He then turned around and sold a bunch of orange pmags on the EE with an ad that seemed to claim they came from magpul orange (v dying them in his bath tub), so I permanently booted him.

Damcv62 I booted for comments made about a murdered police officer. He didn't get unlocked.

I guess I never knew IG got a temp boot for an "oh well" comment too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
this thread is essentially proof that at least 20% of ARF hates any topic that you can come up with.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
this thread is essentially proof that at least 20% of ARF hates any topic that you can come up with.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I agree with this  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with this  

6) Attacking or insulting a member in an effort to elicit a negative response.

Supposedly has me on ignore, but then tells me to "shut my cock-holster" over a post that I made that wasn't insulting to anyone. And no, I didn't report him.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed.

But, leading up to the time out, he had been getting progressively angrier and antagonistic (just about) every time he posted.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
well, GD is a lesser place without him.
View Quote

It is. <edited for CoC>
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Welcome to GD. You can park your car right over there.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=24417
View Quote
That has to be one of the funniest pictures I've seen. My gut hurts from laughing....

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Hard to believe there are so many out there ready to trash Keith.  You can pick apart anyone, especially when they aren't there to defend themselves.  Regardless of his human foibles, the dude was an asset to the site and in an entirely different league than the legions of smart asses and trolls that now populate GD.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Indeed.

But, leading up to the time out, he had been getting progressively angrier and antagonistic (just about) every time he posted.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Indeed.

Yeah, I remeber that now. He went from laid back to snapping at people. I kinda figured at the time something IRL was going bad for him.

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:18:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Always enjoyed KeithJ

2Minkey was a waste of perfectly good protoplasm.
View Quote

Agreed

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hard to believe there are so many out there ready to trash Keith.  You can pick apart anyone, especially when they aren't there to defend themselves.  Regardless of his human foibles, the dude was an asset to the site and in an entirely different league than the legions of smart asses and trolls that now populate GD.
View Quote

There's nothing I've said here that I haven't or wouldn't say to his face (or at least virtually, in a thread).

Somehow I've managed to last all these years butting heads with very popular posters and with their fans out for blood and yet haven't been banned yet.  I guess there may be something about feeling like you have the mob behind you that emboldens a man.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:24:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Always enjoyed KeithJ

2Minkey was a waste of perfectly good protoplasm.
View Quote

IMO the protoplasm was low grade dog food.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:35:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There's nothing I've said here that I haven't or wouldn't say to his face (or at least virtually, in a thread).

Somehow I've managed to last all these years butting heads with very popular posters and with their fans out for blood and yet haven't been banned yet.  I guess there may be something about feeling like you have the mob behind you that emboldens a man.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never seen you post anything close to a coc violation that would warrant a ban.

Txl
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your percentage is quite a bit low.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:44:44 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I would tend to agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would tend to agree.
that was my experience as well. he does have a seemingly broad array of knowledge, until you look behind the curtain

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've never seen you post anything close to a coc violation that would warrant a ban.

Txl
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Txl

I wouldn't go that far. I've lost my cool a few times. I've also pushed my luck and never been reprimanded - it's usually easier when it's obvious the subject of your scorn is universally hated, even by Staff. I'm pretty sure I've said things to some of the Kremlinbots that would have gotten me a lock in a different context.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Supposedly has me on ignore, but then tells me to "shut my cock-holster" over a post that I made that wasn't insulting to anyone. And no, I didn't report him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with this  

FWIW, I PMed Paul and told him that I didn't think I deserved a warning and you certainly didn't deserve one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The king of googling

Goodnight sweet prince

Kind of like how you told me I didn't know shit about living in south Texas when I was living and working 60 miles from the US/Mexico border a few years back?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Kind of like how you told me I didn't know shit about living in south Texas when I was living and working 60 miles from the US/Mexico border a few years back?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The king of googling

Goodnight sweet prince

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top