Quoted:

This.

My life is the Suck right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
My advice is just be really thankful that the worst thing going on in your life right now is that your bored. The winds of change will blow through soon enough.

This.

My life is the Suck right now.

Yup
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:57:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
when you least expect it.
View Quote

A whole lot of truth in that statement; A lot of guys have faltered when they though they could not.

Don't even put yourself in a position where it looks like you could slip up.

BTW wait until your wife hits 50 and the kids move out
(That's when the honeymoon restarts and never ends)

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just wanted something fun to drive around, I wouldn't call it a crisis. My motorcycle accident just confirmed the point that "you only live once" so I said screw it and fent....

<a href="http://s84.photobucket.com/user/jetnc/media/maserait_zpseqxbdcei.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k32/jetnc/maserait_zpseqxbdcei.jpg</a>
View Quote

Awesome sounding car.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#6]
You'll get your mid life crisis when your wife decides she's bored, leaves you and takes half your shit.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Alfa Romeo 4C
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is that? Lotus?

Alfa Romeo 4C

Lol
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#8]
They are awesome sounding!

It has a shitty radio in it, the speakers suck. But I haven't bothered to replace them as I like listening to the engine more than anything. Was thinking of a putting a Larini exhaust in it, but wasn't sure if it would be too loud as I haven't heard one in person.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Buy a 1960's model Bronco, the tools alone not to mention the parts will keep you busy for a lifetime.

I have $38k invested in mine and it is never done.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is that? Lotus?

Alfa Romeo 4C

Lol

Fuck that, nut up and get a Lancia for the win, bad ass cars with lots of leaky aluminum castings.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:16:29 AM EDT
[#11]
No idea. I turned 43 2 months ago. I haven't had a MLC (mid life crisis) yet. Maybe that happens to people who don't live life along the way? I certainly have lived a great life.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

No idea. I turned 43 2 months ago. I haven't had a MLC (mid life crisis) yet. Maybe that happens to people who don't live life along the way? I certainly have lived a great life.
View Quote

You will get there one day, trust me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:58:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So you started thinking about it.

So it begins.
View Quote

Yep. It has crept into your consciousness. Once you have achieved all the life goals you have been working toward for many years, kids start leaving, and you start to feel a restless feeling it has arrived. It sounds like you won't get it that bad though. If you have lived a full life, had your fun, and are in a strong position, it probably won't hit you as hard as someone who wakes up and realizes he has never done anything but be a corporate drone and his wife isn't someone he wants to be married to any more. It sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for.

Set some new goals. There is a whole new generation of people who need to be armed, trained, and taught the importance of freedom and constitutional govt. Start volunteering for Appleseed. Just one idea.

It is a funny feeling to look around and see you have achieved what you set out to do. It can feel like the rug has been yanked out from under you. You just have to find new things to do.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 11:59:44 AM EDT
[#14]
My dad kinda had a mid-life crisis, not a bad one though. Early 40's he bought a Harley so he and my mom could go out and have some fun. They were in kinda of a rocky place after 20 years of marriage and him getting laid off. Mid 40's he and I both got into firearms.

Since then, he'll buy a craigslist bike on cheap, do some restoration and resell it once or twice a year. He just turned 51 and is a little pissed that his body cant quite keep up with how active he likes be at times. I think he weathered it pretty well.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys lamenting the fact that "Half my life is over, woe is me." should realize that the other half is ahead of you, and stop feeling sorry for yourselves.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#17]
that's pretty much all a midlife crisis is, start questioning your career path and get sick of what you have been doing even if it's a great job. Ive been going through one since 30.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Reevaluate your expectations.  Life is not a visit to an amusement park.  Set your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reevaluate your expectations.  Life is not a visit to an amusement park.  Set your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed.
View Quote

The key to happiness right here.

I got some expectations this year, and damned if I'm not an unhappy fucker now.

I'm quickly readjusting that setting back to zero .

My exes MLC started early (35) , so I didn't have the luxury of having one. I had two daughters to raise.

They're all grown up now , ones married good job etc, the other is in college. My work is done and now I just killin time between fishin trips.

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I keep eyeballing that suzuki dual sport with a for sale sign on it....
View Quote

I've been eyeballing a new KLR 650 myself and I haven't been on a bike in 13 years. This could be interesting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:35:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Get one of these...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#22]

I can't even imagine what that would be like.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't necessarily help. My expectations are less than zero: Continued decline in health, followed by death.

I'm not even close to being happy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Indeed. I couldn't get one of those even in my dreams...
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:42:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I disagree with many of the replies. Not that I have it all figured out, but if you are discontented the answer is not going to be a shiny new toy, or girlfriend or hobby.

Doesn't mean you shouldn't try new things or meet new people, just that 'stuff'' or experiences while enjoyable, aren't going to satisfy or bring fulfillment.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Intellectual curiosity will fill your days with more things than you can possibly ever learn about.

If you were one of the "Why the fuck do I gotta learn this shit?" crowd all through school, and you lack any such curiosity, then you will have a much harder time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#27]

I couldn't get one of those in my 20s it sure as shit is not happening now.....but damn.....
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
When you go out for a pack of smokes and wind up in Thailand, you are having a mid-life crisis.
View Quote

Awesome.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#30]
When I turned 43 I got a Ducati 900 SS SP.
When I turned 48 I got a Ferrari F355 B.

You could do worse.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You could do worse.
View Quote

Which Rolex do you wear?

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Which Rolex do you wear?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could do worse.

Which Rolex do you wear?

I have not worn a watch in decades.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:54:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking at this realistically I am not having and don't anticipate having a mid-life crisis.

I used it to justify buying the car to my wife

If had a great and exciting life with no regrets. I do not fear death other than I don't want to leave my kids without a father at a young age.

I'm 46, married once to my wife of nine years who is ten years younger than me.

At 19 I was a helicopter pilot in the Army and did that for 6 years ending with being qualified in Huey's, Cobras and Apaches

I then went to college, then grad school where I met my wife. We both have good jobs and good incomes with 2 boys 3 and 7 y/o.

My wife doesn't give me shit about what I buy. My job sucks but I get to help people and am off every other week.

I've had a good run and nothing I really want to do in the rest of my life other than watch my kids grow up. When death comes it's a part of life and I enjoyed my time here a lot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#34]
So, basically, you are H. M. Murdock
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Haha, funny you say that as I do wear baseball caps a lot and ironically my last name is Schultz and spelled the same way as the actors.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Which Rolex do you wear?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could do worse.

Which Rolex do you wear?

He had to pawn it to cover the oil change on the 355.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go fuck some 20 year-olds.

Yep

/Thread
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm gonna be 52 on Tuesday. I went through the mid life thing. I'm, well, far less successful at life than the OP. At 51 I decided that not every life is a success story. I seem to exist to make other people's lives better so they can fuck me over, especially women. I keep hoping that will stop, but it hasn't yet.
I'll be honest; I considered not getting to 52, if you take my meaning, but then I decided that fuck it, my life may not be a success story, but at least it won't be boring.
Stop worrying, OP. Lots of people I know would happily trade places with you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#39]
If in ministry since 2005, and in it for the right reasons, GD is the LAST place you need advice from.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Something happened to me after I barely escaped bushhogging myself.  I don't know what, but something is different.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:52:25 AM EDT
[#41]
The mid-life crisis isn't triggered by you hitting mid-life - it's your wife. As she transitions from hottie to matron, you start wondering if you should, or even can trade in for a newer model with fewer miles and rattles, and tighter handling and suspension.

Those of you who married hotties who turned into MILFs won't have this problem.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could do worse.

Which Rolex do you wear?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top