Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/25/2016 9:09:12 PM EDT
UPDATE: I'll put it at the top for those who don't like to read the post.  Owner called around midnight and dog was returned last night.

Driving home, found a dog running around in the road.

Brought him home and he decided he liked the place.

And that he found his new family.

The wife unit works with the local animal rescue so she knows the drill of lost dogs.  Brought him to the vet down the road and no chip, no collar, nothing.  Posted him up all around the internet as well.  If  anybody knows of something that lost an Aussie in Schoolcraft/Lawton MI area, let me know.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to buy you a beer! Good on ya!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice dog.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice dog.
View Quote

Dog got the crazy eyes.

He's seen some shit man...........
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Dog got the crazy eyes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

Has some pretty gnarly cataracts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
He's a wonderful dog!   Good for you!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#6]
aussie dogs are best dogs. I have two currently and have had them growing up as a kid.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dog got the crazy eyes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dog got the crazy eyes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

this!

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:16:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dog got the crazy eyes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

Was just coming to post this.

Cute but crazy eyes.

Former owner must have been a red head nurse, whose is starting to move on to horses.

Poor little fella escaped when he could.

OP, DON'T GIVE HIM PEANUT BUTTER, it may trigger him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#10]
He's already at home. I hope you get to keep him OP.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#11]
cute

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

He's seen some can't see shit man...........

Poor guy, is he otherwise in good health ?  How old is he ?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Gorgeous dag! You da man!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:22:33 PM EDT
[#15]
The last two I found were reunited with their owners after I googled lost dog and my town.

I found a Craigslist post from the owner.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
aussie dogs are best dogs. I have two currently and have had them growing up as a kid.
View Quote

looks like he has a tail, might be a border collie, but either way both are great dogs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Cute pup.  Any collar?  Take him to the vet and see if he has a chip.  Be nice to have a new dog but it would stink if someone is out looking for him.  Good on you for getting him to a safe space.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gorgeous dag! You da man!
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Boggles the mind when people don't chip their pets.  Good job buddy.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Cute pup.  Any collar?  Take him to the vet and see if he has a chip.  Be nice to have a new dog but it would stink if someone is out looking for him.  Good on you for getting him to a safe space.
View Quote

He took it to a vet, no chip.  Doesn't look like the coat is matted.  He hasn't been out on his own long.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
this!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

this!  

This dog and her puppies are up at my wife's work. I think she has the coolest eyes I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Remember, just because you found him doesn't necessarily mean the family that lost him doesn't want him.

A tree could have fell and knocked a hole in the fence, a neighbor kid could have left a gate open, a trespasser or utility man may have left him out.

You owe it to the dog and his former family to at least try to reunite them. they may miss him terribly.

I know I would if my dogs some how were let loose without my knowledge or fault.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Remember, just because you found him doesn't necessarily mean the family that lost him doesn't want him.

A tree could have fell and knocked a hole in the fence, a neighbor kid could have left a gate open, a trespasser or utility man may have left him out.

You owe it to the dog and his former family to at least try to reunite them. they may miss him terribly.

I know I would if my dogs some how were let loose without my knowledge or fault.
View Quote

Did you read the first post?

Seriously folks, for anybody that didn't notice it in the first post, we are trying to find the owners via every route available to us.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Somebody somewhere nearby is shitting themselves with worry over that dog; hope you can connect.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have a point.  But I'll  be the asshole in the room, if the owners didn't collar and chip him then they are not responsible dog owners.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
If a dog like that found me I'd have to keep it too. Good for you for finding a new friend OP.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:55:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This dog and her puppies are up at my wife's work. I think she has the coolest eyes I've ever seen.
http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq24/dustanmegahan/F17F3ABF-9104-45BB-8A11-4A9D5BA59270_zpsajfefhux.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

this!  

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq24/dustanmegahan/F17F3ABF-9104-45BB-8A11-4A9D5BA59270_zpsajfefhux.jpg

never seen that before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

Pretty old, from the teeth and legs I would guess 8/9 at least, but guessing older.  Well taken care of by the looks.  Very nice coat, a little bit skinny in the ribs for how I've kept dogs, but I don't know his diet so I can't tell if he's underfed or anything.  Found a couple of tick's, a LOT of burrs, a few cuts, and some deep cracks/cuts in his paws that have me a little concerned.  I've never had Aussie's so I don't know if that's a normal thing for them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

this!  

Possibly some Husky in him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Aussie shepherds are the second most awesome dog breed on the planet.  If you can't find his people, or if his people are garbage who ditched him, enjoy your time with that dog, as you will rarely find a better.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

looks like he has a tail, might be a border collie, but either way both are great dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MaNY full bred aussie are born with tails. They are docked very early. Backyard breeders and people who dont care about breed standards may not  spend  the money to have it done. Thats an aussie dog.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pretty old, from the teeth and legs I would guess 8/9 at least, but guessing older.  Well taken care of by the looks.  Very nice coat, a little bit skinny in the ribs for how I've kept dogs, but I don't know his diet so I can't tell if he's underfed or anything.  Found a couple of tick's, a LOT of burrs, a few cuts, and some deep cracks/cuts in his paws that have me a little concerned.  I've never had Aussie's so I don't know if that's a normal thing for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

If you wind up keeping him, have the vet check for worms.  Pretty easily picked up in the "wild".  Could keep him from gaining weight.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#33]
You didn't find a dog, you brought your new family member home.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

No, cuts and cracks in the paws are NOT normal things for an Aussie shepherd.   I'd get that guy checked out soon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

If you keep it a good grooming is in order and utter butter on the pads for a few weeks will heal the cracks right up. It is fairly normal for outside working dogs but should be treated of they get bad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:03:27 PM EDT
[#36]
What was his first meal?

Chicken?

Steak?

Hamburger?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:04:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

never seen that before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice dog.

Dog got the crazy eyes.

this!  

never seen that before.

This is one of her puppies.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No, cuts and cracks in the paws are NOT normal things for an Aussie shepherd.   I'd get that guy checked out soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good to know, my old GSD used to have pretty gnarly ones, but they were apparently normal.  

I did take him to a vet already and they did a quick check for worms, and other obvious things and thought he looked fine, but if we don't find any owners over the weekend we'll take him in to our preferred vet and get him all squared away.

Quoted:
What was his first meal?

Chicken?

Steak?

Hamburger?

Boiled chicken.  Sister in law (vet) recommended it as it would most likely be the least...damaging to his stomach.

On a side note, he doesn't like me pounding away on the keyboard.  Looked at me, snorted, and walked to another room.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:13:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Good to know, my old GSD used to have pretty gnarly ones, but they were apparently normal.  

I did take him to a vet already and they did a quick check for worms, and other obvious things and thought he looked fine, but if we don't find any owners over the weekend we'll take him in to our preferred vet and get him all squared away.

Boiled chicken.  Sister in law (vet) recommended it as it would most likely be the least...damaging to his stomach.

On a side note, he doesn't like me pounding away on the keyboard.  Looked at me, snorted, and walked to another room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
What was his first meal?

Chicken?

Steak?

Hamburger?

He knows you're talking about him with some unsavoury characters.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Long story short, owner called us around midnight when they realized the dog was gone and started looking.  Wife dropped the dog back off with them after midnight.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn good on you op.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Just so you know, that might be some little kids best friend.

It doesn't look like some mal-nourished street dog, and I do know the look.
A dog more than likely escaped its previous owner.

If you really want to do the right thing post up "Found Dog" posters on the current locals and call your local Humane Society

Please take to the vet for a possible chip in the neck.

If all is clear, then your family has earned a new member
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you really want to do the right thing post up "Found Dog" posters on the current locals and call your local Humane Society

View Quote

Do you know how I know you didn't bother reading the OP or the thread for that matter?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:58:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Long story short, owner called us around midnight when they realized the dog was gone and started looking.  Wife dropped the dog back off with them after midnight.
View Quote

That's both happy and very sad. Sorry you couldn't keep him OP, but good for you for returning him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:02:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Do you know how I know you didn't bother reading the OP or the thread for that matter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever been up for 72 hours on 6 hours sleep?

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#46]
How close was the camera to your knees in the last picture?  I'm guess VERY close as your legs look about twice the size they should be compared to how small your body looks.  It's a common optical illusion.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:11:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it's his fault you're too sleep deprived to comprehend his posts?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love it when a detective manages to put at the puzzle pieces together.

I hear the FBI is looking for the best and the brightest, get in now while the getting is good
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Good for you OP
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:43:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Beautiful dag
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top