Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Primary is over, now the predictable move to the left begins; that what happens when you nominate a non-principled candidate.

Sláinte bitches
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I only read the OP of this thread, but I'm sure the Trumpers are slinging every excuse possible for their hero reversing course.

So, what's the winner?  Bargaining position?
View Quote

Apparently we're all just mad because Cruz lost. Couldn't possibly be because we have a liberal running on the Republican ticket because low information voters lapped up his BS.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So now it's "doing what it takes to get elected"

In the past when other politicians did it it was "flipping on issues and pandering to minorities like a typical politician"

But it's trump so somehow to you guys it's not the same thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are we owning? The fact that Trump is doing what it takes to get elected?

I am good with that.

So now it's "doing what it takes to get elected"

In the past when other politicians did it it was "flipping on issues and pandering to minorities like a typical politician"

But it's trump so somehow to you guys it's not the same thing.

Call it what you will.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm not a #NeverTrump. I'm a #NeverHillary. I hate both of those fuckers
View Quote

No shit.

What a pitiful state this country is in, when the best this country can offer up is those two.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
At this point I've got two choices.  

One has no core values, flip flops quite a bit, sometimes agrees with me and sometimes does not, and is only predictable in that we know he will do whatever he has to in order to win as a Republican.  

The other has core values, they are the polar opposite to nearly everything I believe in, hates the version of America that I love, and is one of the most corrupt people in politics.

There is no third choice.  Not voting doesn't make either option go away.  Voting third party doesn't make either option go away.  It WILL be one of those two.  If you don't choose which one then someone else will make the choice for you.  And they won't make it with your best interests at heart.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No shit.

What a pitiful state this country is in, when the best this country can offer up is those two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

Before this we had Romney and before him McCain; each vs Obama who, like Clinton,  also had the media in his pocket.

The country is in a pitiful state due to its people and their "gimme" state of mind.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:54:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Nvm
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Before this we had Romney and before him McCain; each vs Obama who, like Clinton,  also had the media in his pocket.

The country is in a pitiful state due to its people and their "gimme" state of mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

If only someone had warned us of Trump's unprincipled nature say 4-5 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#10]
As Karl Rove so aptly put it when voting for Bush..."Where else they gonna go?"
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Apparently we're all just mad because Cruz lost. Couldn't possibly be because we have a liberal running on the Republican ticket because low information voters lapped up his BS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I only read the OP of this thread, but I'm sure the Trumpers are slinging every excuse possible for their hero reversing course.

Oh, it's our fault for not worshipping the New York liberal blindly.  Got it.  That seems to be a general theme.

Not surprising.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:58:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There's always hillary,
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:59:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Meh, I'm voting for Hillary.  I always wanted to see a rapist as the first lady.
View Quote

The Red Queen....in Alice in Wonderland ran around yelling "Off with their heads"...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:01:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh, it's our fault for not worshipping the New York liberal blindly.  Got it.  That seems to be a general theme.

Not surprising.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not surprising.

The general theme seems to be  no personal responsibility, victimfood, and whining.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:03:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Last sentence sums up my position.

FHRC
View Quote

Pretty much this.  Still better than Hildacunt
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:05:33 AM EDT
[#16]
You guys all go to the same church or something?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:08:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you Cruzbots can admit to your faults.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#18]
"Make America Great"  and "Hope & Change" folks are similar in many regards and both have fucked this country hard.  There were quite a few better candidates (Cruz wasn't even my top 3), but yes the Trumpkins idiots have turned him into some sort of enemy.  May those sell out pricks suffer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:09:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Either you waste your chance to help stop Hillary or you don't.

Cry all you want about Trump, Hillary is 8700000000000000000000x worse.

Elections all suck, get over it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I always have to balance my support for issues when I vote.  Neither side shares all my views, although I'm on the left for just about everything except gun rights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He would be fine with banning all firearms. Tell me how you can be a gun owner and support any leftist.

I always have to balance my support for issues when I vote.  Neither side shares all my views, although I'm on the left for just about everything except gun rights.

If you vote for someone who advocates taking away your guns as a political platform you're pretty much can go away.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will reluctantly vote for Trump on Tuesday, 8 Nov 2016.

Because fuck Hillary.

View Quote

This...exactly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:15:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Why are any of you even bothering to listen to what he says?

I believe that he has always been and always will be a lying liberal POS. But because there is a chance that I am wrong, I will be voting for him in November as a last-ditch effort to save America. Because I don't believe him, he could literally say anything at this point and I will still vote for him to keep that evil cunt out of power. Hillary equals death to America.
Trump equals maybe not death to America.
The choice is sad but obvious. how the hell did we get ourselves into this situation...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Cruz is too religious to win a general.  Sad but true.  

He isn't likable, his own kids/wife cant even kiss him.

He has been known associating with gay hating religious figures.

He said he would not "attack" Hillary Clinton.

That being said I would have voted for him over any democrat in a second.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You trump supporters will make excuses and justify whatever trump does no matter how far left he goes.

At this point he could go full Hillary and you'd still vote for him.

A few months ago it was "yeah Trump's gonna build a big tall wall and kick all the illegals out"

Now it's "that wasn't really reasonable to deport all those good people, if trump says only get rid of the bad ones he's right"

I'm convinced the Trumpkins would try to spin Trump saying something anti gun as somehow good for us.

He has no core values or positions that he really believes in, he said whatever you wanted to hear and you lapped it up and now look where we are. A "republican" who flip flops on issues and keeps going left. How can you trust him on gun rights or nominating Supreme Court justices?

And before I am called a never trumper I am sadly voting for him.

All the incredibly concerned  concern trolls are, of course, voting for Trump.

But of course, they're concerned because they have "concerns".
Dey mad that this guy still beat their candidate.  Hard.  

If Cruz never ran there would still be these threads, just much less butthurt and name-calling.  

OWN IT TRUMPSTER.

If Trump would not have run we would have a constitutional candidate with a back bone and he would be tearing Hillary a new ass.

Trump this and Trump that reminds me of that clint eastwood movie where the big  Marine is going to beat drill instructor Clint up and he could not do shit that's fucking Trump

ALL fucking big talk

TRUMP Speak loudly and carry a little stick.  Or little dick as the case may be.

What a fuckiing waste of white.

I bet he calls up Hillary every night saying shit like those professional wrestlers do.

Was I to hard on you hilly today and she laughs and say yea trmmpy its all right we are going to make a lot of money together.

Now trumpy when we get to the debates lay down like rimney did and I will be in.

Build a wall my ass

fuck the lying cocksucker.

Own that son of a bitch and his whole rotten entourage.
Cruz is too religious to win a general.  Sad but true.  

He isn't likable, his own kids/wife cant even kiss him.

He has been known associating with gay hating religious figures.

He said he would not "attack" Hillary Clinton.

That being said I would have voted for him over any democrat in a second.

He would have attacked her record and her ideology but attacking any woman even Hillary is not good politics.

What ever gay hating people he might have been around were not the gay killing kind of people that Hillary has given money and arms to.

Being awkward at public affection does not mean his family does not like him.  My family growing up was not all kissy kissy either.

This whole country was based on freedom of religion and GOD not freedom from religion.  Ted Cruz of all people understands this and is fighting for our rights to be Christians and have religious values.  
Trumpsters may not understand this but one of the goals of the communist is to take this country and  in order to do this their plan is to control  and limit religion, control  education and control healthcare.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#24]
You ain't helping anyone but Hillary.

Own that, bud.  #OwnIt
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:19:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Own that, bud.  #OwnIt
View Quote

Trump primary voters did their part in helping Hillary.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:20:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Being a Texan I 'used' to support Cruz.  Cruz can go fuck himself. Not a surprise Cruz has lost a ton of voters, including both sides of our family, after the butt-hurt stunts he pulled.

He will never be president now, he'll be lucky to keep his Senate seat.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Being a Texan I 'used' to support Cruz.  Cruz can go fuck himself. Not a surprise Cruz has lost a ton of voters, including both sides of our family, after the butt-hurt stunts he pulled.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:22:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I think a lot of people simply won't vote. The fire to get off their ass is gone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Own that, bud.  #OwnIt

That's the fun part of the Democratic process.

Now is the time to run what ya brung.

#OwnIt
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

So much anger.

One had a history of fighting for gun rights, but he like ate a booger or something.

The other "used to" support an AWB, but his son likes gun so he's totally better.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You talking about that pathetic loser Ted Cruz?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You trump supporters will make excuses and justify whatever trump does no matter how far left he goes.

At this point he could go full Hillary and you'd still vote for him.

A few months ago it was "yeah Trump's gonna build a big tall wall and kick all the illegals out"

Now it's "that wasn't really reasonable to deport all those good people, if trump says only get rid of the bad ones he's right"

I'm convinced the Trumpkins would try to spin Trump saying something anti gun as somehow good for us.

He has no core values or positions that he really believes in, he said whatever you wanted to hear and you lapped it up and now look where we are. A "republican" who flip flops on issues and keeps going left. How can you trust him on gun rights or nominating Supreme Court justices?

All the incredibly concerned  concern trolls are, of course, voting for Trump.

But of course, they're concerned because they have "concerns".
Dey mad that this guy still beat their candidate.  Hard.  

If Cruz never ran there would still be these threads, just much less butthurt and name-calling.  

OWN IT TRUMPSTER.

If Trump would not have run we would have a constitutional candidate with a back bone and he would be tearing Hillary a new ass.

Trump this and Trump that reminds me of that clint eastwood movie where the big  Marine is going to beat drill instructor Clint up and he could not do shit that's fucking Trump

ALL fucking big talk

TRUMP Speak loudly and carry a little stick.  Or little dick as the case may be.

What a fuckiing waste of white.

I bet he calls up Hillary every night saying shit like those professional wrestlers do.

Was I to hard on you hilly today and she laughs and say yea trmmpy its all right we are going to make a lot of money together.

Now trumpy when we get to the debates lay down like rimney did and I will be in.

Build a wall my ass

fuck the lying cocksucker.

Own that son of a bitch and his whole rotten entourage.

You talking about that pathetic loser Ted Cruz?

After November you trumpsters will be  the pathetic losers and TED Cruz will still be a United States Senator.

You fuckers could have had it all but you hung your hat on a blow hard.

And you even have me voting for him and  sadly we are going to lose together.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's always hillary,

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv108/ch1966/tards/get.gif

That's fucking precious.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:24:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And most Republicans now see Cruz as "establishment"...poll numbers show he's in the shitter even in his own state = he is now irrelevant.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

One of those quotes was about Bern and the other about Trump.
View Quote

Well, that's different then.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's funny to think about- if you wanted to destroy conservatives and what's left of the Tea Party, could you have devised a better way?
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then why even post this.

There really isn't a reasonable alternative.   L's have put up the posterchild for morons everywhere and #NeverHillary...

And I will not write in a vote like my wife is doing because "Trump is anti-woman".

Yeah, don't get me started on that.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

After November you trumpsters will be  the pathetic losers and TED Cruz will still be a United States Senator.

View Quote

No, we could not have "had it all"..... Cruz would have been like McCain and kept his Senate seat after he lost in a landslide.

All we would have would be more of the same shit we have had for the past eight years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Then why even post this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why even post this.

I suppose the goal is to prevent the engineers of this catastrophe from fucking up what comes next.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone who actually believed he was going to build a wall or report people is both a retard and stupid. Of course he was never going to do those things.

I'm voting for him because he males Liberals cry and we can't have another 8 years of Obama on steroids. Fuck Hillary.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And most Republicans now see Cruz as "establishment"...poll numbers show he's in the shitter even in his own state = he is now irrelevant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:30:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Says the man from the USA.  What about the stunt McCain and the boosh clan pulled with Romney and Kasich along with all the others.

Yet even your boy Trump endorsed McCain.

How is that  McCain did not even come to the convention and Trump endorsed him.

Ted Cruz once again showed he would stand true and tall and TRUMP folded once again and Fucking Endorsed McSTAIN.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone who actually believed he was going to build a wall or report people is both a retard and stupid. Of course he was never going to do those things.

I'm voting for him because he males Liberals cry and we can't have another 8 years of Obama on steroids. Fuck Hillary.
View Quote

I didn't believe that. But it was his position and the reason all the trumpeters told us we needed to vote for him. Now he changes his mind and they will make excuses because "deporting all those people is too hard"
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I suppose the goal is to prevent the engineers of this catastrophe from fucking up what comes next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then why even post this.

While I can respect that POV, I'm not sure how in our current rigged and fucked up Presidential system that it can happen.

The ONLY thing that reins in Congress is the threat of losing their sweet sweet jobs at the next election cycle, and that's really all the power the average citizen has anymore in this country over the government.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No, we could not have "had it all"..... Cruz would have been like McCain and kept his Senate seat after he lost in a landslide.

All we would have would be more of the same shit we have had for the past eight years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Constitutional conservatism is not a growing movement.

Cruz is uncharismatic and unappealing.

The more time passes, the more I realize any other Republican candidate would have been attacked and portrayed exactly as Trump has been.

The difference is he's the only one willing to punch back and people are listening, entertained by it, and emboldened by it.

Better hold on for the ride.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Says the man from the USA.  What about the stunt McCain and the boosh clan pulled with Romney and Kasich along with all the others.

Ted Cruz once again showed he would stand true and tall and TRUMP folded once again and Fucking Endorsed McSTAIN.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It blows my mind.  The level of butt hurt over Cruz not explicitly stating that we should vote for Trump, especially considering Trump endorsed Hillary for president in at least a couple interviews.  After the BS Trump accused Cruz and his family of I lost a little respect for Cruz for even giving a speech at the RNC.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:46:08 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't get the whole make excuses for your candidate crowd. I don't like any politicians. They all have good and bad traits... well I can't think of any good ones in HRC, but you know what I mean.

Sometimes you just have to hold your nose and go with the less stinky one. In this instance, Trump is less stinky because HRC is an evil POS.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

If Trump loses in November the word which will best describe the Senator will be "scapegoat".

Through their mouthpieces the people who run the Republican party will blame the loss on him, his followers and others whom they wish to marginalize, such as the remnants of the "TEA party". See for example, the open letter published by former Cruz donor and supporter Robert Mercer.

The Senator made their task much easier by his performance at the convention.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Political Science...yeah, its a BS major but it becomes comical when people get sideways on things that are true over and over and over.

Your perfect guy didn't win.  

Such is the reality in every single election at this level.

Accept that reality as real...or live in a state of shock that you have to pick the least bad option...

Most people just live in that state of shock because they don't see how it works cycle after cycle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, answer me this, op. Who's Trump running against? That's all the reason I need.

He could split his fucking scalp open and a lizard alien could crawl out but as long as his opponent is Hillary then I'm voting against that cunt.

But you just keep on bitching because that'll fix everything.

We wouldn't have to eating this shit sandwich if the Trump cult listened to the adults.
But no, they had to bring their middle school antics to a national election at the worst fucking time in modern history.

Bullshit.

American politics will always be a game of picking the least bad option.  NOBODY will ever be your ideal or my ideal...they would lose.  They have to be able to appeal to the largest groups of voters which means that someone with strong beliefs will always be disappointed.

It is political science 101.  

Your "perfect" guy would not have made it this far...he lost for a reason.  Trump won for the same reason.  

You seem emotional.
Who was my "perfect" guy again?

Political Science...yeah, its a BS major but it becomes comical when people get sideways on things that are true over and over and over.

Your perfect guy didn't win.  

Such is the reality in every single election at this level.

Accept that reality as real...or live in a state of shock that you have to pick the least bad option...

Most people just live in that state of shock because they don't see how it works cycle after cycle.

Won't answer my question huh?
Who was my perfect guy?

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's funny to think about- if you wanted to destroy conservatives and what's left of the Tea Party, could you have devised a better way?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If Trump loses in November the word which will best describe the Senator will be "scapegoat".

Through their mouthpieces the people who run the Republican party will blame the loss on him, his followers and others whom they wish to marginalize, such as the remnants of the "TEA party". See for example, the open letter published by former Cruz donor and supporter Robert Mercer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top