Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Not very often. Maybe every three of four years. I mean break down and actually cry.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:26:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Now that I've thought about it, I think the last time was when my dog had a problem with his eyelids and could barely open his eyes. It happened so gradually that I didn't even realize it until I looked at a picture I had just taken, and a picture taken about a year before. I cried my eyes out when I realized how much pain he must have been in.  He had surgery to correct it a couple days later. Apparently it's common in his breed. Inverted eyelids. He would scratch at his eyes once in a while, but It wasn't enough for me to think something was wrong. He's always had allergies. He's all good now though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Never really remember crying until I lost my dad while I was in college. Since then, it has been close to a yearly occurrence of losing a loved one. As a relatively young guy, all I have left is my mother and my aunt for immediately family. I think fondly of my family members often, and get emotional.

I'm very thankful for my wife's entire family, they are very good to me and it helps ease not having much family of my own left.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
What are we talking, full on crying, or just tearing up?  These things matter.

Got a little teary eyed watching Taking Chance a couple weeks ago.  Very somber, but really good (IMO).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Crying is for women and children.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I've cried in the last year after performing CPR on a lifeless 2 year old and then when telling my family about it.

Never from pain. I hurt myself way too often.  

Movies and stories sometimes tear me up.   I'm empathetic...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought when my sister died last year I'd used my up lifetime supply of tears, but I'm sure I'll find more eventually . . .

View Quote

Been there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Poll fail.

Several times per week.  

Not depressed......just a very tough medical situation in the family.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:49:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
.....  My shrink told me I was turning sorrow into rage, and I needed to feel sadness again.......
View Quote

Fuck that guy.  Who the fuck does he think he is?  You should definitely punch that douche.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:50:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Maybe once a decade.....
View Quote

This.  And only for certain movies - like Waterworld.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:18:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not a sissy.  Growing up if anyone cought you crying they would give you something to cry about.
View Quote

I think you're still working on the "growing up" part.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:21:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Depends how much fiber I had the day before.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Let's see...
-mom died a few months ago
-eldest son died a few years ago
-daughter and other son born too early, I held them as they died and went cold
-numerous friends died in front of me in Afghanistan
-was medically retired from military because of numerous overseas wounds 3 years ago
-had to be defibrillated a few times and super fucked up (went from athlete to cripple)

I'm 37 and tired of feeling only hate and grief interspersed with apathy
I randomly cry all the time but I do it alone or with my wife.
If anyone calls me a pussy I'll skull fuck you to death with your own damn foot.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Let's see...
-was medically retired from military because of numerous overseas wounds 3 years ago
-had to be defibrillated a few times and super fucked up (went from athlete to cripple)

If anyone calls me a pussy I'll skull fuck you to death with your own damn foot.

View Quote

As this post haunts me the rest of the day.....I'll offer up prayers for your healing.  You have a long life to live yet and I hope you find some peace.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Every time I have a fucking kidney stone... So like twice year for the past 7 years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Let's see...

View Quote

I'm sorry.  Take care.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:52:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Every day.

In fact, I'm crying right now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#18]
I haven't cried since 2012 when my then 1 yo son had a seizure and was flown to the regional children's hospital.  Before that was probably the day he was born and before that was 2008 when my daughter was born.  I don't just have much worth crying over generally.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:56:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Every time I have a fucking kidney stone... So like twice year for the past 7 years.
View Quote

Drink more water.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm scheduled to cry on November 8th...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I can think of only three times I've cried in the past 20 years.  Two involved the death of a pet, the last was the death of one of my best friends.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Saturday I was filling up an air tank and the 3000psi line popped off and smacked me across both testicles. I felt a couple tears escape.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Its weird, I didnt used to cry a lot. I got sick a few years back and that unleashed the water works. And then losing my mom had me crying all the time.

But now when I cry, it is over things that make me happy. I mean I still cry for my mom but it usually ends up in laughter, because she was really funny. As far as my other tears, definitely for happy shit...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#24]
when i lost my grandson, sometimes when i am remembering him
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#25]
2-3 times a year probably.  

When someone close to me dies.  

Certain events like my youngest's first day of Kindergarten.  

If I screw up and say something to my kids that hurts them.

And for some reason I can't get through reading a news story out loud about something horrible that happened to a child without choking up.  I can get through it fine reading it to myself.  If I try to read it to someone else I have to stop several times to get past the frog in my throat.

Some of the things y'all have had to deal with......
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fuck that guy.  Who the fuck does he think he is?  You should definitely punch that douche.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.....  My shrink told me I was turning sorrow into rage, and I needed to feel sadness again.......

I would, but he's one of the twelve asshole doctors the VA has hired and fired since I got out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:28:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have two kidney stones per year???

Fuck man, put down the cola...
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Every time I happen to look at my retirement account.  So I've stopped looking at it.

ETA:  Other than that, when Old Yeller had to get shot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Let's see...

View Quote

Very sorry to hear.  I just teared up reading this. Prayers to you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#30]
rarely.

having a couple local 10 year old kids have their heads cut off in Iraq, who I had been seeing daily for a while, then me getting medevac to Germany for a possible brain tumor, which was just a tiny bit stressful.... yeah that caused me a few years of issues, and I did cry here and there.  then about a year after returning home, I had to shoot my little dog in the head, after a car hit him and paralyzed him,  then last week, my dad died , I cried a little over all of those.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why aren't men allowed to cry?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Strong men also cry.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:00:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Men cry? WTF?
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Not very often, last time was 3 months ago when we had to put our lab down. Cried like a little girl.  Before that, I don't remember but its been years.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Tears from laughter come up rather often, but I don't think we consider that crying.

Sad crying is limited to the death of family members, so I guess that averages out to once per many years.

The cemetery in Normandy managed to break me down on sight.  

That picture of the soldier handing a boy a folded flag gets to me if I look at it long enough.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:06:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Rarely.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Probably not enough.

I cried my last tear when I was 19 and watched my brother die in the hospital from injuries he sustained in a car accident.

That pretty much wrung me out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Almost every day.  

Miss my kids.  

Divorce.  Unless she's a crack whore, bitch get's the kids and dad sends the checks.  

Fucking criminal racket.  Totally unfair.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Men cry? WTF?
View Quote

Crying ain't bad. I do it often. It's good to cry when you're in emotional distress. It helps you come to terms and heal.

Crying when it's pmag popping time is a different story and generally frowned apon.

There is a difference between fear and grieving/distress.

I'm actually planning on putting on interstellar and having a good wailing session for lunch.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the way me and everyone I know was raised going back generations.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:45:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Im German and Irish gotta push those feelings down deep until they go away.   Cry lol I dont even get mad.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#42]
when I get really amped I forget to blink... I can be just rattling on and tears are just streaming down my face... I'm not even aware it is happening.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#43]
July 25, 2015, the day I cut the corn.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Can't remember the last time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:06:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Whenever I damn well please, since I'm a girl and can.

Seriously, though... I don't cry often anymore. I'll cry at a really sad movie, and that's anything from Me Before You to Saving Private Ryan. Sometimes I'll happy cry, if I'm really overcome by something amazing/sweet. Sometimes I'll rage cry, if I'm really stressed out and shit is going all wonky at once.

Idk. It would probably average out to a couple time a month.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Crying is for because of women and children.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#47]
During the scene of Gladiator where Connie Nielsen says, "Is Rome worth one good man's life? We believed it once. Make us believe it again. He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:10:00 PM EDT
[#48]
When I had to put a dog down a few months ago. Before that? Can't remember.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I didn't cry when my grandpa died. I was 9.

I did when grandma died a year later.

Then I cried when I shipped off to war in 2003 because my first born was 7 months in my wife's belly.

Then I cried when I got back.  I cry sometimes when I think about those that didn't come back.

View Quote

Well, I'm not really crying, but you did draw a tear or 3.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Every few years, when a dog or loved one dies.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top