Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dunno who is dumber, the seller or those who buy the things.

You just know F-Troop now has his customer lists.

I get that not everybody who owns a firearm is up to speed on the laws but if you ask 99% of our population about "silencers" they will tell you they are illegal, gun person or not.
The other 1% are aware of the NFA.
wife found this seller...I said no effin way  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokyo-Marui-No99-professional-silencer-From-Japan-F-S-/172102685651?hash=item28121e93d3:g:4QkAAOSwe7BWwdBj

Airsoft.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Oil filter adapters or something else ?
View Quote

I think I saw the ad awhile ago on e-bay. It was being sold as a solvent trap cleaning device if I remember correctly. I saw it and said holy shit no way that's going to be legal lol.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I get that not everybody who owns a firearm is up to speed on the laws but if you ask 99% of our population about "silencers" they will tell you they are illegal, gun person or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokyo-Marui-No99-professional-silencer-From-Japan-F-S-/172102685651?hash=item28121e93d3:g:4QkAAOSwe7BWwdBj

Leave some feedback will ya?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tokyo Marui = airsoft.

Some of those have foam in them, some of them don't. Not sure on that specific one.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Here's another Muzzle break
View Quote

That's a barrel shroud, slides over the barrel.  Makes a 16" barrel look like a suppressed SBR.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Texas Arms Co was active on Facebook 2 days ago, and messaged back and forth with me last week discussing end caps.... When did that happen?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
^^Glad I have F1s

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb ass;  dinged once before, second violation, off to clubfed;

See does not have a license to manufacture silencers according to the government.

See is still on probation from a 2014 conviction for possessing unregistered firearms after he sold an ATF undercover agent three kits that could be assembled to make a device used to diminish the report of a firearm.

I have seen some stuff on Ebay and I have thought

You can buy everything you need to build a suppressor on Amazon, baffles, tubes, it's all there...

Yes, I know. Lots of companies, Diversified Machine, Texas Arms, Zmachineworx, on and on, but they sell stuff within the legal guidelines and manage to adhere to the law. Solvent Traps is a perfect example.

FWIW Tex Arms just bailed from the game

Texas Arms Co was active on Facebook 2 days ago, and messaged back and forth with me last week discussing end caps.... When did that happen?

Was just over at the Form 1 Boards, Texas Arms appear open for business.  

ETA: Just saw the Josh edit saying they are not doing custom at the moment.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

So he was caught doing it before and didn't learn the first time?

Oh well.
View Quote
 I would acquit him 100 times in a row.  Fuck infringers each and every one of them.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So, slightly off topic, but - what exactly is a 'solvent trap' and why should I be using one in my Maglites?
Everything on google search leads to making suppressors and I'm not at all interested in that, I just want to know WTF it is.

View Quote

A solvent trap allows you to screw an oil filter onto the end of your bbl. To catch the solvents from running out of your bbl and onto your carpet while cleaning.

The maglite thing is completely separate.

However screwing an oil filter onto your bbl also makes a quite serviceable suppressor if fired. But only law breakers would do that.

FBATFE

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So what was he making?
View Quote

Aluminum monocores
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

14mm reverse is airsoft..TM is one of the more expensive brands...
ETA...totally beat
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:30:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Was just over at the Form 1 Boards, Texas Arms appear open for business.  

View Quote

They are.  They'd stopped taking orders for a while to catch up.  They're taking orders again but they shit down custom orders, they have a few different options to choose from now.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#12]
So if it doesn't have a hole in the end it holds cleaning solvent, you can run a brush or rags on a cleaning rod, it dunks in the solvent that's held in the "trap" that is attached to the end of your barrel.
Poke a hole in the end, it then becomes a "silencer" as the bullet can exit now...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

So if it doesn't have a hole in the end it holds cleaning solvent, you can run a brush or rags on a cleaning rod, it dunks in the solvent that's held in the "trap" that is attached to the end of your barrel.

Poke a hole in the end, it then becomes a "silencer" as the bullet can exit now...
View Quote
Pretty much.  

You can also make oversized muzzle brakes, plenty of companies do.  But when that oversize muzzle brake can easily accept a tube, it's no longer kosher.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So, slightly off topic, but - what exactly is a 'solvent trap' and why should I be using one in my Maglites?

Everything on google search leads to making suppressors and I'm not at all interested in that, I just want to know WTF it is.
View Quote

You screw it to your barrel so when you pour cleaning fluid down your barrel, it ends up in the "trap" and not on the floor. Perfectly legal to sell.

And if you drill .250" holes in through it and all the pieces inside, you have a suppressor!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

A solvent trap allows you to screw an oil filter onto the end of your bbl. To catch the solvents from running out of your bbl and onto your carpet while cleaning.

However screwing an oil filter onto your bbl also makes a quite serviceable suppressor if fired. But only law breakers would do that.

FBATFE

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FBATFE

okay, thanks.
oh, and FATF.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You screw it to your barrel so when you pour cleaning fluid down your barrel, it ends up in the "trap" and not on the floor. Perfectly legal to sell.

And if you drill .250" holes in through it and all the pieces inside, you have a suppressor!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Not sure what he was up to buy this is an example of the fine line people are walking.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2u5w8pj.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's a shame. I wish I could see exactly what he was making.

Not sure what he was up to buy this is an example of the fine line people are walking.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2u5w8pj.jpg

LOL thats childs play!    You can buy the whole thing with marked holes to drill.  I remember looking into the BIY suppressors a while back and figured I didn't have the skill to make it happen.  Hell with that kit Ray Charles could make it happen.  

Amazon Dry Storage container

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Assuming you followed all laws and registered the filter per NFA. The bullet will make the hole for you on the first shot. No drilling needed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:37:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Texas Arms Co is still making stuff, they're no longer doing custom orders.
View Quote

Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong
"Brad

Sorry for the late response. Working things out internally and making changes.
We will not be offering any internals as of right now.

Ramon
Texas Arms Co
Instagram #texasarmsco
https://www.facebook.com/TEXAS-ARMS-CO-881966425282918/"
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd like to hear from the victim of this crime before passing judgement.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess none of you have read the Form 1 suppressor thread.

I know form 1, but still. Many here act like they are shocked. LOL.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Here's another Muzzle break
View Quote

I's a "slip over". It makes a 16" barrel look like a SBR with a can. Spikes sells the same thing:

http://www.spikestactical.com/spikes-tactical-car1-fake-can-p-42.html

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

"Brad

Ramon
Texas Arms Co
Instagram #texasarmsco
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Brad

Ramon
Texas Arms Co
Instagram #texasarmsco

Maybe just doing tubes, caps, and mounts, like the GA adapter.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No.

You made me look it up

IM inbound
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Theres a certain shop here in OH who started the whole oil filter thing, I was fully expecting to see when I clicked. Surprisingly, wasnt them.

That said, FATF.

Talking about the guys down in Jefferson County?

No.

You made me look it up

IM inbound

There's no difference between the counties down there. I'm amazed they had electricity down that way.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's airsoft.  Read the description.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
 I would acquit him 100 times in a row.  Fuck infringers each and every one of them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So he was caught doing it before and didn't learn the first time?

Oh well.

You can't help him. He pled out so now he's at the judge's mercy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

There's no difference between the counties down there. I'm amazed they had electricity down that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Theres a certain shop here in OH who started the whole oil filter thing, I was fully expecting to see when I clicked. Surprisingly, wasnt them.
That said, FATF.

No.

You made me look it up

IM inbound

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why drill? It's an oil filter. You can shoot throught it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:45:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ritman shop?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That said, FATF.

Ritman shop?

Battle Boy?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:45:39 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Assuming you followed all laws and registered the filter per NFA. The bullet will make the hole for you on the first shot. No drilling needed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Except most people that are going to go to the trouble to register a tube, have it engraved, and wait half a year are going to use titanium or stainless steel instead of some goofy oil filter

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

"Brad

Ramon

Texas Arms Co

Instagram #texasarmsco

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Brad

Ramon

Texas Arms Co

Instagram #texasarmsco

They also make tubes and endcaps.  Pretty sure they still sell cones with their kits.  But like I said, they're not doing any custom orders.  Cones by themselves would be a custom order.

ETA:  Nothing in that email even comes close to implying that they're out of the game.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm assuming it was the guy making "Gilled brakes" as he they are no longer listed, basically they were  just Monolithic baffles cores , would custom make to your specs as in dia. number of ports, length and bore

ETA: yep it was him

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would need to see them first. The article does not show the product.

I guess you have absolute trust in the BATFE
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Except most people that are going to go to the trouble to register a tube, have it engraved, and wait half a year are going to use titanium or stainless steel instead of some goofy oil filter  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

True. Despite what the liberals say, us law abiding guns owners are quite.... law abiding.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'd like to hear from the victim of this crime before passing judgement.
View Quote

Can't have victimless crimes. Go ask the DUI threads.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:53:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That's a shame. I wish I could see exactly what he was making.
View Quote

Yeah, I'd buy just for fuck sakes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:56:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

He went to my HS.  2 or so years behind me.  Got paddled in Mrs Stoffer's 2nd grade class for pi$$ing on the bathroom floor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uh I think I know the guy.

He went to my HS.  2 or so years behind me.  Got paddled in Mrs Stoffer's 2nd grade class for pi$$ing on the bathroom floor.

Piss Aaron?

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
He didn't mean to though.

No prosecutor would ever consider such a case....
View Quote

Careless
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"39 watching" Wonder how many are F-troopers?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That said, FATF.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That said, FATF.

Cadiz Gun Works
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#41]
The atf is like overprotective parents. Freaking out over the littlest shit
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fuck the atf, but geez he was already on probation for doing the same thing a few years ago
View Quote

If it's the guy I know. Then yes. Good machinist. But not too bright anyways.

You also have to understand there is something in the water down there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Cadiz Gun Works
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That said, FATF.

Cadiz Gun Works

I never said that
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That said, FATF.

No.

You made me look it up

IM inbound

What, are they down around me? We have electricity thankyouverymuch.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:14:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I never said that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That said, FATF.

Cadiz Gun Works

I never said that

I assumed that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:15:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Criminals being criminals won't wait 6 months for a suppressor they'll just rob a gun shop and take one. So if they don't have to wait why should we.

I've read of instances where people where in deep sht for making airsoft suppressors and not getting them properly registered. Sppsrently a suppressor is a suppressor and if it silences a gun more than 5 dB the ATF has a case.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tokyo Marui is an airsoft manufacturer...
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:26:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Aluminum monocores
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what was he making?

Aluminum monocores

With a thread on one end to accept a cover?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top