Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 30
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]

This is really bad.  Enough with the whiney a$$ teenager feelz....

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Great episode, really tieing up the the loose ends. Can't wait until next week
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, has anyone ever played with a Ouija board?  They always freaked me the fuck out...
View Quote

We had one at band camp.

Who is that smug mofo driving the Lincoln? He is exceptionally irritating.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No one said bros are smart
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the hell did they spend a week in a barn with all the chicken shit when they could have been in the house with a bed for wound bro?

No one said bros are smart

Because it hurt when they moved him so Trav let him lay in a comfortable bed of chickenshit. I would go out on a limb and say that they still have traces of their pre-apocalyptic behavior in play, and the idea of taking over someone else's house is foreign.

The real answer is, it's easier to move camera dollies and boom mics around a big open space.

Like others have pointed out, that wound would've cost young brohime his leg. Travis just captured a cesspool of infectious disease in that wound, and at the end of the week the kid would've been suffering massive infection. And that quad ain't gonna just heal up on its own.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:19:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where are all the fucking walkers
View Quote

They are at the hotel gate, but they don't know they're walkers just yet. Later in the episode the benetton family sentenced them to die by confining them in the parking garage. One of them will surely turn and it will be a shit show. Will probably thin out the wedding party a little.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:22:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would have shot them two in the back while they were asleep and took Chris with me

Showed Chris what a bad mother fucker really is
View Quote

Truth be told, showing them the flowers would be the socially responsible thing to do. They are just going to prey on the weak. There is no law enforcement any more.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:23:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

QFT.

So much gaping vagina - and not in a good way either
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OMG this sucks emo fags in the apoc.

QFT.

So much gaping vagina - and not in a good way either

this
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No shit.

Hey, if the bros are headed to San Diego they'll have to pass through Tijuana.

I hope the cartel bros get ahold of 'em.

Or they reach the colonia and the walker buffer zone eats them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not one fucking walker in this episode

No shit.

The preview makes it look like they get their shit pushed in on the road and stagger back to the hotel. No sign of Chris.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:25:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah, I have to admit this episode is one long sad trombone note that makes you question if it is a trombone or a really dry fart.
View Quote

10/10 perfect summary.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Maybe they can save it by doing a two hour episode on the real estate guy remodeling the hotel
View Quote

Fabulous!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:37:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wait wait wait...

Bro is shot in leg, given a week to recover, shot.

Soulcrusher stabbed in gut, one day later is up and about.
View Quote

Man, that almost rhymed!  LOL so much "almost" involved in this show!
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
TWD can't start soon enough.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think there were at least two walkers on the beach before they cut to the pier shot where milfy tells her daughter about daddy's suicide. Way to go mom.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]
You know, this last episode really drove home this show's major, glaring problem: Nobody cares about the characters. And when you make an episode completely dedicated to characters nobody cares about, you wind up with an hour of the audience yawning and looking at their watches. That is not entertainment, that is literally killing time. This episode had zero tension, zero action, zero risk and zero reward... it just "was". This episode was the dictionary definition of "small ball"... it was the manager calling for another bunt just to put men on base while the audience groans and questions why they even thought souvenir Travis bobble-head night was going to be worth the ticket price.

[Zoidberg] Your show is bad and you should feel bad! [/Zoidberg]

And believe me this show desperately needs a fucking home run right about now. This entire season has been bunt after bunt, walk after walk, slow low energy small ball bullshit. Yes it moves the plot forward, yes it "develops the characters"... but again who the fuck cares at this point? The characters are unrelatable garbage and the plot is warmed over truck stop rehash. And the scenes with the Benetton family have zero tension because there is no one to root for... and simply by nature of being the "main cast" doesn't make the characters root-worthy. If that logic worked we'd all be rooting for Hilter in Downfall. Instead we have a cadre of idiots, selfish pricks, cunts and douche bags. And any character who shows a glimmer of a redeeming or relatable trait gets it squashed by some deep dark secret, stupid decision or wild mood swing. You know who my favorite character in the show is? The dead dad who killed himself years before the show started. He is the only one who seems to have made the smart choice in this show, and simply because we know so little about him we have no reason to hate him as badly as we do his selfish, stupid brood that left behind.

Right now if I had supreme executive authority over this show, the season finale would be a B52 flown by Porky Pig stuttering "a bleet a bleet a bleet a bleet a th the that's all folks!", dropping a high yield device with a giant cartoon foot painted on the side of it on the hotel, and a cut to John Cleese at a desk saying "And now for something completely different".

(JsARCLIGHT takes a knee for a second)

OK... OK show, you have the season finale to unfuck your shit. I know that is a seemingly insurmountable obstacle at this point, like asking the little engine that could to take Mama June to McDonalds for two fisted filet of fish Fridays. But you can do this... first start by giving us the stuff that this show is supposed to be best at... you remember? Zombies? Cast deaths? And that word in your fucking title screen, FEAR? No more Telenovella. No more dime store granny ronin romance classics bullshit. Look, I understand if you really wanted to make a dirty Mexican soap opera starring hateful gringoes and their bad life choices but at some point you need to remember you are making a HORROR SHOW ABOUT THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE and not a show about sackless California pricks and their personal issues.

If the greatest sin and complaint people have had about the parent show Walking Dead, it has been the padding... the nature of the show that it takes them ten episodes to deliver two episodes worth of quality content. Well Fear, your problem is it takes ten episodes to make us really wish we were watching the parent show. Because I think I know the reason why this show is the way it is... it is a clever ploy by AMC to drive the audience back to the real Walking Dead show. It is almost as if this whole thing was a tactical decision made to say "eh? eh? The real show's not so bad now is it? Rick and Coral are lovable geniuses! The real cast's personal issues are child's play! Member berries! Member how much TWD doesn't suck? Member how much we all love Rick and Coral and Gene and Michonne? Member how we all complained about their minor character flaws and idiosyncrasies? Member? Now member how bad Fear sucked? "

Prove me wrong, Fear.

Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:13:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait wait wait...

Bro is shot in leg, given a week to recover, shot.

Soulcrusher stabbed in gut, one day later is up and about.

Cue Bon Jovi

Shot through the leg and you're so lame!
You give bro's a bad name!

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Heartbreaking
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:19:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I know you got the memo long ago, but these are NOT "zombie shows."  They were never meant to be.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ZOMBIES! Actual zombies in the zombie show!

I know you got the memo long ago, but these are NOT "zombie shows."  They were never meant to be.  

While that may be, the whole framework of the show is that the apocalypse has begun on the back of the dead returning to chew on the living. It is part of the framework like any "period piece"... if you frame your movie in the trappings of the French Revolution then the audience should expect to see quite a few tricolor cockades even if they aren't the focus.

At least the parent show makes an effort to retain the trappings by inserting at least one zombie sequence and one action sequence in every episode... mostly because the parent show was based on a comic book, and the comic understood it could not assault the reader with an entire issue full of two shots of characters talking. You eventually had to have some comic action and some comic horror. The whole "there need to be dinosaurs on the dinosaur tour" thing, even if the overall story really isn't about dinosaurs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You know, this last episode really drove home this show's major, glaring problem: Nobody cares about the characters. And when you make an episode completely dedicated to characters nobody cares about, you wind up with an hour of the audience yawning and looking at their watches. That is not entertainment, that is literally killing time. This episode had zero tension, zero action, zero risk and zero reward... it just "was". This episode was the dictionary definition of "small ball"... it was the manager calling for another bunt just to put men on base while the audience groans and questions why they even thought souvenir Travis bobble-head night was going to be worth the ticket price.

And believe me this show desperately needs a fucking home run right about now. This entire season has been bunt after bunt, walk after walk, slow low energy small ball bullshit. Yes it moves the plot forward, yes it "develops the characters"... but again who the fuck cares at this point? The characters are unrelatable garbage and the plot is warmed over truck stop rehash. And the scenes with the Benetton family have zero tension because there is no one to root for... and simply by nature of being the "main cast" doesn't make the characters root-worthy. If that logic worked we'd all be rooting for Hilter in Downfall. Instead we have a cadre of idiots, selfish pricks, cunts and douche bags. And any character who shows a glimmer of a redeeming or relatable trait gets it squashed by some deep dark secret, stupid decision or wild mood swing. You know who my favorite character in the show is? The dead dad who killed himself years before the show started. He is the only one who seems to have made the smart choice in this show, and simply because we know so little about him we have no reason to hate him as badly as we do his selfish, stupid brood that left behind.

Right now if I had supreme executive authority over this show, the season finale would be a B52 flown by Porky Pig stuttering "a bleet a bleet a bleet a bleet a th the that's all folks!", dropping a high yield device with a giant cartoon foot painted on the side of it on the hotel, and a cut to John Cleese at a desk saying "And now for something completely different".

OK... OK show, you have the season finale to unfuck your shit. I know that is a seemingly insurmountable obstacle at this point, like asking the little engine that could to take Mama June to McDonalds for two fisted filet of fish Fridays. But you can do this... first start by giving us the stuff that this show is supposed to be best at... you remember? Zombies? Cast deaths? And that word in your fucking title screen, FEAR? No more Telenovella. No more dime store granny ronin romance classics bullshit. Look, I understand if you really wanted to make a dirty Mexican soap opera starring hateful gringoes and their bad life choices but at some point you need to remember you are making a HORROR SHOW ABOUT THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE and not a show about sackless California pricks and their personal issues.

If the greatest sin and complaint people have had about the parent show Walking Dead, it has been the padding... the nature of the show that it takes them ten episodes to deliver two episodes worth of quality content. Well Fear, your problem is it takes ten episodes to make us really wish we were watching the parent show. Because I think I know the reason why this show is the way it is... it is a clever ploy by AMC to drive the audience back to the real Walking Dead show. It is almost as if this whole thing was a tactical decision made to say "eh? eh? The real show's not so bad now is it? Rick and Coral are lovable geniuses! The real cast's personal issues are child's play! Member berries! Member how much TWD doesn't suck? Member how much we all love Rick and Coral and Gene and Michonne? Member how we all complained about their minor character flaws and idiosyncrasies? Member? Now member how bad Fear sucked? "

Prove me wrong, Fear.

Prove me wrong.
View Quote

Mrs. IHJ and I both groaned in righteous indignation during the pier scene. Why tell the daughter this now? Of what relevance is this to the episode's plotline, other than giving the two female leads a chance to gaze out over the water?

It's a small thing, but did anyone else notice Madison's southern accent creeping around the edges during her "Your dad killed himself" dialogue with the daughter?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Mrs. IHJ and I both groaned in righteous indignation during the pier scene. Why tell the daughter this now? Of what relevance is this to the episode's plotline, other than giving the two female leads a chance to gaze out over the water?

It's a small thing, but did anyone else notice Madison's southern accent creeping around the edges during her "Your dad killed himself" dialogue with the daughter?
View Quote

I was expecting something completely different from that entire scene. I was waiting on the edge of my seat for Milfy to finally tell Lexa she was an unwanted child, adopted, a child from the dead father cheating or some other form of bombshell that clearly illustrated why Milfy has never treated her with any kind of motherly concern or love on the show.

Instead we got a cliche "twist" story of a covered up suicide out of fear the precious Johnny Dope would slit his wrists because his absentee father killed himself because he couldn't "deal". A story that only serves to drive an even firmer wedge between Milfy and Lexa and the painfully uncomfortable "mother daughter moment" in the show only further exacerbates the subsurface tension between the two (even though the obvious clumsy intent was to have them "bond" somehow over this revelation that in no way affords Lexa any real insight into why her mother favors her brother so much more than her) while simultaneously giving even more unneeded bonus trope to the machinations of Johnny Dope. I swear it is almost like every character in the show is slowly becoming a trope foil for Johnny Dope or Darth Chris.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:35:08 AM EDT
[#21]
The note he left in the glove compartment said" I love you all but enough is enough".  LOL, he knew when it was time to get out
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#22]
If TWD is an addiction.  FTWD is its "methadone".  

As shitty as the show is, we're still going to show up at the clinic on Sunday night to get our dose.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

As shitty as the show is, we're still going to show up at the clinic on Sunday night to get our dose.  

View Quote

At this point Fear is my weekly booty call angry grudge fuck.

The temperamental hot girl, who's shit you put up with on the promise of gettin' freaky bizzay, is out of town until late October so you keep calling her ugly sister knowing she will always be DTF... but every time leaves you feeling hollow, laying there in the bed next to her constantly saying "your sister does it better, and who said you could take off the bag".
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The temperamental hot girl, who's shit you put up with on the promise of gettin' freaky bizzay, is out of town until late October so you keep calling her ugly sister knowing she will always be DTF... but every time leaves you feeling hollow, laying there in the bed next to her constantly saying "your sister does it better, and who said you could take off the bag".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's my "Daily Special from Mel's Diner".

It sucks, I know it's going to suck even before I try it, but I somehow keep coming back every week.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I really liked this episode.

I think it finally nailed down Chris' character as an amoral sociopath.

I think it finally nailed down Milfy's character as an amoral sociopath.

I think it finally nailed down the Bromigo's characters as amoral sociopaths.

I think it finally nailed down Travis' character as a moral and conscientious person in a world of amoral sociopaths.

I predict Travis dying in the finale.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think it finally nailed down Travis' character as a moral and conscientious person in a world of amoral sociopaths.

View Quote

Not bad.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

We can hope
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm on board for anyone in the main cast dying at this point.

Fear has zero teeth in it. We've had two point five "main cast" deaths since season one... NotTheMama, BarberWife and a big Schrodinger's question mark on the Barber. And outside of the Barber, none of those characters could really be thought of as "liked" or "plot critical". They were promoted pawns, the reddest of red shirts. Background chair fillers given one brief "on a very special Blossom" moment in an episode to give them their spotlight on exit.

By this point on TWD (season two finale) we'd waved goodbye to Amy, Jim, Carol's husband, Dr. Jenner, Jackie, Sophia, Otis, and Dale... and in the finale we lost Shane, Jimmy and Patricia. That was at least two solid main cast and tons of quality multi episode background character red shirt deaths.

Fear is a relative Showbiz pizza ball pit of safety in comparison.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:49:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Negative. There are definitely a great number of hipster doofuss' that would surely be z food but lots of hard working folks who hate liberals and own guns. *We did have the highest number of registered firearms a few years back.

Quoted:
Can one of our Arf members from CA answer a serious question for me:

Are all dudes from California as fucking neutered pussified gimps as Travis IRL? Or is that just acting?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

OK, important question here, do these still exist?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Negative. There are definitely a great number of hipster doofuss' that would surely be z food but lots of hard working folks who hate liberals and own guns. *We did have the highest number of registered firearms a few years back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are all dudes from California as fucking neutered pussified gimps as Travis IRL? Or is that just acting?

How do we know that you just don't know what real men are like anymore? Still could be very soft.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they got bought out by Chucky Cheese back in the 90s. I have not seen a Showbiz Pizza since the late 80s myself.

I may or may not own a yellow with red piping, faded, "Dook from Rockafire Explosion" T shirt that I may or may not still wear when doing housework.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I thought they got bought out by Chucky Cheese back in the 90s. I have not seen a Showbiz Pizza since the late 80s myself.

I may or may not own a yellow with red piping, faded, "Dook from Rockafire Explosion" T shirt that I may or may not still wear when doing housework.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought they were bought out also. Had a birthday party for my 3 year old daughter at Chuck E Cheese yesterday and thought the place was in pretty poor condition as to what I remember of the showbiz days so I was curious when I saw it mentioned.

Is there a Z-Nation thread going on? It seems to be one of the more interesting zombie shows although their facial recognition bolt ball was a little sill in the last episode.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove me wrong, Fear.

Prove me wrong.

What if he was the guy driving the car that flipped at the roadblock where Rick got shot? Mind Blown!

(I know, the timeline is nowhere close)
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

FTWD is narcan to the high you get from Z Nation
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have literally stopped watching the show and only read this thread now.
View Quote

You have achieved true enlightenment.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Groovy! Ash vs Evil Dead starts up again next Sunday. Anybody watching and want to start the thread?
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:31:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

You hit the nail on the head.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:40:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

You know, this last episode really drove home this show's major, glaring problem: Nobody cares about the characters.
View Quote

I've been saying this since the beginning. I'm a writer; characterization is HUGE. It's everything. If the characters don't hold your audience then all the violence, action, sex, plot twists, drama, etc. etc. won't matter. Characterization is everything and this show doesn't have any.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote

This is also 110% accurate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:46:05 AM EDT
[#43]
I had hopes for FTWD.

But it's just not good, it's bad.

Whether it's the writers, the budget, whatever. It's just a bad show. TWD fans, who were their target audience, just aren't buying it.

2010 in FTWD. There's no way for them to sync up with TWD short of shenanigans.

Into The Badlands was much better than this pile of shit.

I'll certainly watch the season finale, but I hold out no hope that it will be any good.

I'm looking to the return of TWD and Preacher at this point.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:05:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The preview makes it look like they get their shit pushed in on the road and stagger back to the hotel. No sign of Chris.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.

Chris is probably the leader now cuz he's such a bad mofo
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Did they not even mention Victor in this episode?  They showed Alicia taking care of new patients but I saw no mention of Victor after they risked their lives to save him in the previous episode.  I hate myself for continuing to watch it. It has become background noise.  They are OK with a mediocre product.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:35:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just looked into this thread out of boredom since I havent been watching the show since episode 3 or 4. I actually did care about the characters, I disliked them enough that I wanted them to all die. The only other show I can think of that I watched at all with such unappealing characters was Sons of Anarchy.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I had hopes for FTWD.

Whether it's the writers, the budget, whatever. It's just a bad show. TWD fans, who were their target audience, just aren't buying it.

I'll certainly watch the season finale, but I hold out no hope that it will be any good.

View Quote

What boggles my mind is that this show has the ratings... THIS show... meanwhile AMC has several other vastly superior shows that nobody is watching.

Humans was excellent, Halt and Catch Fire continues to be excellent, Better Call Saul is excellent... and what do those shows have in common? Subterranean ratings. Every single one of them has vastly superior characters and stories yet this step-child knockoff of a show keeps outscoring them all. And even though the "press" lauds the other shows like mad, they still fall over themselves to blow Fear... which makes me call into question one of two things... either I've suffered some sort of stroke and I just can't see the majesty that is Fear the Walking Dead, or the popular review press are in the tank for the show.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What boggles my mind is that this show has the ratings... THIS show... meanwhile AMC has several other vastly superior shows that nobody is watching.

Humans was excellent, Halt and Catch Fire continues to be excellent, Better Call Saul is excellent... and what do those shows have in common? Subterranean ratings. Every single one of them has vastly superior characters and stories yet this step-child knockoff of a show keeps outscoring them all. And even though the "press" lauds the other shows like mad, they still fall over themselves to blow Fear... which makes me call into question one of two things... either I've suffered some sort of stroke and I just can't see the majesty that is Fear the Walking Dead, or the popular review press are in the tank for the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had hopes for FTWD.

AMC's next blockbuster rating success...

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#50]
ha haha,, good point!

Well, a couple times  a year I do go to Louisiana to help my uncle with his sugar cane crops and try to help build\repair something around the house. Then we go catch specs.

Quoted:

How do we know that you just don't know what real men are like anymore? Still could be very soft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Page / 30
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top