Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You think you will get 600 horse out of a 3.5EB just by cranking up the boost and advancing timing? No way, and even if you could, it would live a very short life.
View Quote

The ecoboost truck doesn't need 600hp Mr Wizard. It' weighs 800lbs less and has a 10 speed transmission that keeps it in the power band. How many 600hp vehicles have you owned? I have have owned multiples including cars that have made north of 1500hp at the rear wheels.

This is easy enough to solve. You go but a 6.2L powered truck and supercharge it, we can meet on the middle and I will drag you silly. Sound like a plan?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've been kicking around getting one.

RCC1 what color did you get?
View Quote

White.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You could have gotten an F250 Lariat for that.  
View Quote

I could have gotten an F450 for that also but I already have one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For realz though OP aside from busting your balls, are you gonna tow at all with it?

Actually been looking to downsize from my ram 2500 due to no longer having to pull heavy with it.  Would be interested to see if these things tow decent at all
View Quote

I have a tow truck, the Raptor is my daily driver/play truck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
How the hell is this shit 5 pages?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's GD dude.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

rc is like lerue, people eat his shit up no matter what he posts
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

To see who is poor, who is butt hurt, and who has the opulence.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's GD dude.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's GD dude.

Shit I guess! I always thought if you start a post with shit grammar people flame you. I guess I am out of the loop
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
RCC1, why didn't you buy a 700hp Shelby F150?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Shelby trucks do not have what makes a Raptor a Raptor, the suspension is second to none.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can assume you have a similar dislike for both.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Shelby trucks do not have what makes a Raptor a Raptor, the suspension is second to none.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sounds like another way of saying you can't afford it. Good luck with your Raptor.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The 2011-2014 EB with a tune and 93 adds about 25% HP and TQ gain. This one should not be any different.

http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/prm/homepage/TouchClarity/images/articles/Performance-Chips/diablosport-trinity-and-intune-ford-f150-ecoboost.jpg
View Quote

500 is a long way from 600.  The "new" 3.5 is going to be delivered in a higher state of tune.  There won't be as much left on the table, so you won't be able to gain 25%.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck there's some haters in here. My old man works for ford at the stamping plant. I can appreciate another ford guy.

Awesome truck OP. Enjoy the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:57:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That sounds like another way of saying you can't afford it. Good luck with your Raptor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.........

You are probably right.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The ecoboost truck doesn't need 600hp Mr Wizard. It' weighs 800lbs less and has a 10 speed transmission that keeps it in the power band. How many 600hp vehicles have you owned? I have have owned multiples including cars that have made north of 1500hp at the rear wheels.

This is easy enough to solve. You go but a 6.2L powered truck and supercharge it, we can meet on the middle and I will drag you silly. Sound like a plan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think you will get 600 horse out of a 3.5EB just by cranking up the boost and advancing timing? No way, and even if you could, it would live a very short life.

They aren't even in production yet, so nobody knows what it will weigh.  But the standard F150 was not even close to their predicted weight reduction, when they went to Al.

I though about buying a 6.2 Raptor, but I can't justify paying new prices for a 3 y.o. truck.  If I buy one, it will be new with 3.5.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Are you regretting not going to college yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went by the dealership today and a new Raptor, it will be my third one. Hoping I will see it in October/November.

#MicroPenisProblems

your mom goes to college

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:01:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They aren't even in production yet, so nobody knows what it will weigh.  But the standard F150 was not even close to their predicted weight reduction, when they went to Al.

I though about buying a 6.2 Raptor, but I can't justify paying new prices for a 3 y.o. truck.  If I buy one, it will be new with 3.5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My offer still stands.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do you already own the flat bill hat and white sunglasses?  Since you've owned 3 I assume you do but it never hurts to ask.
View Quote

You forgot the Yeti sticker...

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:02:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

500 is a long way from 600.  The "new" 3.5 is going to be delivered in a higher state of tune.  There won't be as much left on the table, so you won't be able to gain 25%.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 2011-2014 EB with a tune and 93 adds about 25% HP and TQ gain. This one should not be any different.

http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/prm/homepage/TouchClarity/images/articles/Performance-Chips/diablosport-trinity-and-intune-ford-f150-ecoboost.jpg

You have no way of knowing that. 20% increase on 500 is 600, as said it'll be lighter so it'll handle better and be quicker.

Edit: it'll also have a significant torque advantage
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Nothing to add other than congrats
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:16:33 AM EDT
[#24]
This thread needs MOAR 2017 Raptor pics

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:21:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For realz though OP aside from busting your balls, are you gonna tow at all with it?

Actually been looking to downsize from my ram 2500 due to no longer having to pull heavy with it.  Would be interested to see if these things tow decent at all
View Quote

Rented a F-150 eco boost to pull a 14 foot enclosed trailer full of tools for a week. The truck had plenty of power, can boil tires with a lot of tounge weight, goes down the highway fine at 80mph. Could use airbags in the back to help with the sag.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You have no way of knowing that. 20% increase on 500 is 600, as said it'll be lighter so it'll handle better and be quicker.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I do.  How exactly did you think they are going to going to increase the power of the 2017 3.5EB?   By doing the same thing you do with a "tune".  And it's not going to have 500 horse from the factory, not even at the crank. More like 450.  

Yes, it will be lighter, but probably 400 pounds lighter, not 800.  If anyone really thinks that it's going to have 500 horse (stock) and weigh 800 pounds less, they are going to be disappointed.  But it should still be a great truck; some people just need to be more realistic.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:29:59 AM EDT
[#28]
does it have the aluminum bed that if you drop a tool box on it, it rips?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow such class warfare and faggot hate. No wonder Bernie had such momentum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:33:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

your mom goes to college

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went by the dealership today and a new Raptor, it will be my third one. Hoping I will see it in October/November.

#MicroPenisProblems

your mom goes to college

BOOM!!! /THREAD
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:34:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:34:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yes, I do.  How exactly did you think they are going to going to increase the power of the 2017 3.5EB?   By doing the same thing you do with a "tune".  And it's not going to have 500 horse from the factory, not even at the crank. More like 450.  

Yes, it will be lighter, but probably 400 pounds lighter, not 800.  If anyone really thinks that it's going to have 500 horse (stock) and weigh 800 pounds less, they are going to be disappointed.  But it should still be a great truck; some people just need to be more realistic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, there are pretty significant improvements coming on the new EB.  Even at 450HP and 400 lbs less that will make it faster than the SC 6.2. Guess we'll just wait and see.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:36:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
does it have the aluminum bed that if you drop a tool box on it, it rips?
View Quote

No, it has the aluminum bed that most people are smart enough to Linex, so it doesn't rip from anything. Contrary to uneducated opinions, that coating makes it much stronger.  

I'm 46 years old and I've been driving pickups since I was in my early teens (farm kid), and I've never dropped a toolbox into a bed on it's corner. Never dropped a load of bricks from ten feet in the air, either.  Really common problems there.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:36:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Any interior changes? Anything special specs you pick?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:37:51 AM EDT
[#35]
This is the same basic engine as the one in the Ford GT, which will be making no less than 600 horsepower.   I'm sure the Raptor will get smaller turbos which could be a bottleneck, but the engine itself seems to be far from "maxed out".
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:38:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like the op and his gun's, even though he drives a piece of shit Ford
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

All of my vehicles are white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wtf , white?????

What
The
Fuck

A white raptor .....

All of my vehicles are white.

Congrats on the new toy!

Haha in my driveway now, there are currently 4 vehicles. All are white.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lol, there are pretty significant improvements coming on the new EB.  Even at 450HP and 400 lbs less that will make it faster than the SC 6.2. Guess we'll just wait and see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that math isn't your strong suit.  400 pounds is not enough to offset 150 more horsepower.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I see that math isn't your strong suit.  400 pounds is not enough to offset 150 more horsepower.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You forgot the tune that was discussed. If the tuned engine puts out 560hp then 10HP per 100lb weight savings will make it equal to a 600HP version. I would bet they will get more HP out of it than that.

Edit: I'm sure you realize that the existing 2011 ecoboost has made +175HP and +300lbft with just a tune, exhaust and different intercooler.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

OP has sick gats, I'm hoping for more burnt Bronze on his next cerakote spree
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Lol, there are pretty significant improvements coming on the new EB.  Even at 450HP and 400 lbs less that will make it faster than the SC 6.2. Guess we'll just wait and see

You forgot the tune that was discussed.
View Quote

I didn't forget anything. I was responding to your comment in bold.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:19:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

K

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:31:12 AM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

K

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/ATC-Crazy/GT.jpg

That's "projected" horsepower, in case you didn't notice.  And being in a car, they can tune it to make power at high RPM.  In a truck, that doesn't work well.  That GT 3.5 will be very different from the one in a Raptor. Different cams, different exhaust, different intercooler, different turbos, and probably different heads, too.  Cool looking car though.  I think I heard 400k MSRP.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Good lord people sure will bitch about anything. Nice truck OP.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's "projected" horsepower, in case you didn't notice.  And being in a car, they can tune it to make power at high RPM.  In a truck, that doesn't work well.  That GT 3.5 will be very different from the one in a Raptor. Different cams, different exhaust, different intercooler, different turbos, and probably different heads, too.  Cool looking car though.  I think I heard 400k MSRP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

K

You think Ford is going to put out all this hype about their new supercar having over 600hp and reveal it with only 500, or 550hp?  

Of course it's going to have different parts to help it breathe better.  It will possibly have different (lighter) pistons.  But with that said, I bet the short block will be the same.  

Throw a good tune, intake, exhaust/headers, and turbos on the truck and I bet you can get very close to 600.  

You make it seem as though the 3.5EB is incapable of making 600hp.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:33:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You think Ford is going to put out all this hype about their new supercar having over 600hp and reveal it with only 500, or 550hp?  

Of course it's going to have different parts to help it breathe better.  It will possibly have different (lighter) pistons.  But with that said, I bet the short block will be the same.  

Throw a good tune, intake, exhaust/headers, and turbos on the truck and I bet you can get very close to 600.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

K

I'm not saying that it can't do it.  I'm saying that if the new 2017 3.5 Raptor is making 450 or 500 horse, you aren't going to add 25% more with just a "tune", as was claimed by someone in this thread.  I'm saying that it's already going to be in a higher state of tune, with less "left on the table" than the previous version.  That's all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Not to bust your bubble OP, but the 2017 tuned ecoboost won't keep up with a blown 6.2 in a drag race. The weight difference isn't enough to even keep it close. It's simply not debatable.

The 17 is a better truck in every other way, though. Congrats on the new (upcoming) ride.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Meh...... still a Ford, should have gotten the Toyota instead.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:48:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Meh...... still a Ford, should have gotten the Toyota instead.
View Quote

It appears he wanted a truck, instead of a car with a bed and transfer case.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 4:59:47 AM EDT
[#50]
the order sheet is missing the requested dog breed for their latest promotion

they give you someone to walk home with

in all honesty sweet truck though, I would drive it
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top