Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Pulse nightclub.  Some New Yorker shot the place up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I get to see busloads of tourist ride by places where they film the Walking dead , places like a high school and an old hospital a small town with a dying downtown . You can find the same things all over America
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When I was in Italy, I was too busy complaining about no ice in the water.  Ice, dammit!  I'm in Italy in July and I want ice in my water!  I thought this place was civilized, so why is there no ice anywhere?  SENZA GASSE, you barbarians!  Why is all the water carbonated?  Dammit.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicago "pizza"

Tourists didn't screw that up, Chicago did.

East coast style (NY/NJ) pizza or nothing.

You guys ever been to Italy before?

It's funny when someone from a pizza state goes to Italy and orders real pizza for the first time. Go to any touristy place and you'll hear Americans bitching about the pizza being made incorrectly.

When I was in Italy, I was too busy complaining about no ice in the water.  Ice, dammit!  I'm in Italy in July and I want ice in my water!  I thought this place was civilized, so why is there no ice anywhere?  SENZA GASSE, you barbarians!  Why is all the water carbonated?  Dammit.

Lol pretty much same with my first trip to italy
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Pronouncing Topsail beach like it looks (it's actually pronounced "top-sul"). We also have a Kerr Ave (Pronounced like car), but out-of-towners pronounce it like cur.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ordering ranch with chicken wings
when there was still a hooters here them cooking wings with breading on
View Quote

This. I grew up in WNY. Wings are served with blue cheese. Mild, medium and hot are the only flavors.

There's a lot of places that serve good chicken wings, but don't call your honey Parmesan breaded wings dipped in ranch "Buffalo" wings.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I grew up near Louisville, Ky. So, you could always tell someone wasn't from there when they moved their lips while they talked. You don't move your lips when you talk with the N. KY, S. IN accent. You just kind of open your mouth and let the words fall out as lazily as possible.

Or as I once heard an electrician from rural GA (so, actually from the south and not a transplant) exclaim regarding the Louisville "accent," "I grew up in the south! I'm southern! That ain't southern. I kain't understand a word he's sayin!!"
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]
People come here from the flatlands and think they can breathe
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gerald Ford came to my home town and tried to eat a tamale
with the shuck on in 1976.
View Quote

Beat me to it.  

I have seen Yankees do that since then.  I have also seen them ask for ketchup for their tacos.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Tomatoes are from the Americas so we still win. They use our fruit wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicago "pizza"

Tourists didn't screw that up, Chicago did.

East coast style (NY/NJ) pizza or nothing.

You guys ever been to Italy before?

It's funny when someone from a pizza state goes to Italy and orders real pizza for the first time. Go to any touristy place and you'll hear Americans bitching about the pizza being made incorrectly.

Tomatoes are from the Americas so we still win. They use our fruit wrong.

Besides, we won the fucking war.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#10]
How to eat crawfish.

How to boil crawfish.
View Quote

Yes, and they completely screwed up the Mardis Gras run in Eunice too.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The pronunciation of Refugio and Mexia.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Those weirdos that get mad when pizza comes out square cut.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:55:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No it isn't.   Look at what you can and can't post here.  

I think the most aggravating example of what OP is talking about that I've run into is people who have no respect for the risk of wildfires.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This may be the first anti-bikini-in-public sentiment I have ever heard of.

No it isn't.   Look at what you can and can't post here.  

I think the most aggravating example of what OP is talking about that I've run into is people who have no respect for the risk of wildfires.

Somalia is a fucking desert. No wildfires there.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trying to pronounce Ohio towns that look like foreign names is always fun.

Marseilles = Marsales
Versailles = Vursales
Russia = Rooshy
Bellefontaine = Bell-fountain
Lots of examples.

At least Wapakoneta is pronounced phonetically.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Southern Utah.
Californian refugees are fucking the place up.

Like Muslims in Europe.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
I had food in Ohio once.

Next time I go I'm bringing my own food.    

French Canadians brushing their teeth in the nude with their syphilitic dicks bouncing off of the rim of the sink.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sugar on grits?  I did that as a kid.  Only way I would eat them... And I was as Deep South as you could get.
View Quote

Sugar on grits taste like poverty.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Tourists mispronounce,  "Pierre", and "Lead"  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hawaiians hate haoles.
View Quote
Bullshit.

Who else would locals get to rob, scam and fuck?

My cousins would often (and maybe still do) keep a running total of stupid white chicks they fucked. Nothing like fucking that dumb blond from Iowa who you've cleverly separated from her group like she was a cow during a cattle drive.

Have to admit some of their antics can be hilarious. Should take a trip out there one of these days to see the extended family.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:13:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lake town unfortunately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wearing bikini's to town like this is some kind of fucking resort. Cover up yourselves, whores. Otherwise I don't pay enough attention to care.

In Arkansas?

Lake town unfortunately.

Land whales with bad tattoos and scabs?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

French Canadians brushing their teeth in the nude with their syphilitic dicks bouncing off of the rim of the sink.

View Quote
An artist with words

I can see it in sepia tone now but the guy is pulling drags off of some bullshit French cigarette while brushing his teeth.

The whore he fucked is dead to the world on the filthy mattress just outside the bathroom and there's a fly that keeps landing on one of her tits emboldened by the fact that she isn't conscious enough to swat it away.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:16:02 AM EDT
[#22]
The Rocky Mountains
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:24:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Pronouncing Islamorada ( i-la- mah-rah-duh) as i-slam- a-door-ah, is-lah-more-ada.

Seriously driving like assholes and passing in non-passing zones and causing head on collisions , killing locals and they survive.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When you are served tortillas with a meal, typically you put butter on it and eat it like we eat bread with our meal. Not stick everything in it and make a taco
Though I do it, because I like it, but I know it's not the "legit" way to do it
View Quote

100% not happening.

Taco all the things!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Eh not too much, kind of hard to screw up beer, brats, cheese and fishing
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:33:36 AM EDT
[#26]
The white/horribly sunburned people going in the water when the air temp is 72 and the water temp is 62, in March, in California. Yup, tourists.

Watching people try to eat New York style pizza that aren't familiar with it. You fold that shit in half.

Directions: Southern California is a pretty big place, from the northern part of Los Angeles to the Mexican border and out to the 15 is bigger then a lot of  states.
I have had people stop and ask me where Disneyland is, only to find out they drove down from LA to go there and wound up in San Diego. They are pretty bummed when they find out it is about 2 hours back the way they came.
TV and movies have people thinking that all the major cities, tourist attractions and landmarks are like 10 minutes from one another.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I grew up near Louisville, Ky. So, you could always tell someone wasn't from there when they moved their lips while they talked. You don't move your lips when you talk with the N. KY, S. IN accent. You just kind of open your mouth and let the words fall out as lazily as possible.

View Quote

"These outta towners and they're fucking, fucking TALKING!"  

Around here it's the farmers market.  Get these city folk in from NEW YORK CITY.  Remember this one woman walking past a produce stand, she looks at a bunch of potatoes and turnips and goes "Ya know, sometime I miss eating real food"

Bitch, what the fuck have you been eating?  Whatever it is, you're eating lots of it.

I half expected her to start chawing down on a raw turnip.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:53:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wearing bikini's to town like this is some kind of fucking resort. Cover up yourselves, whores. Otherwise I don't pay enough attention to care.
View Quote

Unless your hot and then ignore this guys advice!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Or as I once heard an electrician from rural GA (so, actually from the south and not a transplant) exclaim regarding the Louisville "accent," "I grew up in the south! I'm southern! That ain't southern. I kain't understand a word he's sayin!!"
View Quote

lol, even the word louisville is reduced to a throat noise starting with an L sound
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:12:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2401024/images/n-MULLAH-MOHAMMED-OMAR-628x314.jpg

BAN BIKINIS!
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:51:03 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Imos Pizza / St. Louis style pizza.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm from Boston, so pretty much every movie ever made where they tried to copy a Boston accent. For some reason nobody can do it right. A Maine accent IS NOT a Boston accent. The Kennedy's DID NOT have a Boston accent. They had some sort of twisted Maine accent and for the life of me I don't know why. I think even actors who are actually from Boston are coached into screwing it up - just look at Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting. Mark Wahlberg has a genuine Boston accent, he's obviously a Dot Rat, but Hollywood doesn't seem to realize there are different variations of the accent depending on the neighborhood so they just try to make some sort of generic monstrosity that doesn't fit any of them.

As for tourists, for christ's sake cut the shit with the, "Say pahk the cah in hahvahd yahd" bullshit. I moved 3,000 miles away and still have to put up with that out here. "Are you from Boston? Say pahk the cah in hahvahd yahd". No. Nobody says that. I've never even seen Harvard Yard. It's private property. Tourists can't even say "wicked pissa" properly. Give it up.  But you're all more than welcome to get your Neil Diamond on at a Sox game. We can all share in a little Sweet Caroline

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:05:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The white/horribly sunburned people going in the water when the air temp is 72 and the water temp is 62, in March, in California. Yup, tourists.

Watching people try to eat New York style pizza that aren't familiar with it. You fold that shit in half.

My co worker is from Poland and wanted to take his 18yr old American born daughter to see their relatives back in the motherland.
View Quote

After a week of the local food his daughter wanted something different, so the family told them about this thing called pizza hut that just opened.

My buddy thought it was strange that everyone got all dressed up to go out for pizza, but figured small town folks don't get out much and just rolled with it.

He damn near shit himself when he walked in and there was a matre de and waiters with towells over their forearms.

When their pizza came (a single slice on a China plate) he picked his up and folded it and started to chow down.

His family and everyone around looked at him in shock with his mom asking inin hushed tones"Andrezj, do you want people to think we are all farmers?"

Yep, they make a big deal out ofof going out to eat American food and eat pizza with a knife and fork.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:05:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Beat me to it.  

I have seen Yankees do that since then.  I have also seen them ask for ketchup for their tacos.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gerald Ford came to my home town and tried to eat a tamale
with the shuck on in 1976.

Beat me to it.  

I worked with a guy that when asked what he was going to do at his retirement party told everyone he was going to tie a tamale to his car's radio antenna and drive north until someone said, "What is that?"  The EEO lady just about passed out.

Where I live, it is river drunks. Folks from out of town just don't understand the proper protocol for being a river drunk.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:20:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Marseilles = Marsales
Versailles = Vursales
Russia = Rooshy
Lots of examples.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marseilles = Marsales
Versailles = Vursales
Russia = Rooshy
Lots of examples.

Cuyahoga. kai-a-hog-a

I was listening to BBC World last week and they pronounced it "Kwai-ga."

Olentangy and Bucyrus are also good.

When people eat a 3-way at Skyline and try to twist it on the fork like it's Olive Garden. Real Buckeyes get a 4-way and the cut it with the fork.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:22:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Cuyahoga. kai-a-hog-a

When people eat a 3-way at Skyline and try to twist it on the fork like it's Olive Garden. Real Buckeyes get a 4-way and the cut it with the fork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marseilles = Marsales
Versailles = Vursales
Russia = Rooshy
Lots of examples.

Cuyahoga. kai-a-hog-a

I like to throw "Bucky-russ" out there just to screw with people.
Their faces show they don't know if I am kidding, out of state, or retarded.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

When you are served tortillas with a meal, typically you put butter on it and eat it like we eat bread with our meal. Not stick everything in it and make a taco

View Quote
Having spent a lot of my youth in backwoods jungles in the Yucatan Peninsula, I disagree. They'll wrap up anything in a fresh tortilla. They're used for spoons when eating soups and stews as well.

But here in Texas I wrap all the things

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:27:24 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
  Well, I'm 5th generation Texan, and I've done the taco thing with tortillas my whole life.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I'm 5th generation Texan, and I've done the taco thing with tortillas my whole life.

The 1st generation mexican I know and her family tear them in pieces and pick up the entree and or roll them to mop up the remaining liquid

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#39]
The college kids who come from different states and rent houses, condos and screw up peoples private homes cause the kids want to have parties all night. I use to live in Panama City Beach, Florida and lived in Bay Pointe Resort and one of my neighbors rented his nice summer home to group of college kids with help of their parents and when my neighbor came home is house was destroyed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:29:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Pronouncing Islamorada ( i-la- mah-rah-duh) as i-slam- a-door-ah, is-lah-more-ada.

Seriously driving like assholes and passing in non-passing zones and causing head on collisions , killing locals and they survive.  
View Quote

So I was saying it right.

Next time I down to South Florida, if I ever go again, I won't be going any farther south than Islamorada or maybe marathon. I wish I could move down there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:46:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I live in Ohio. Other than Cincy's fucked up "chili" there ain't a whole  lot of "regional" to our food.
View Quote

Philistine...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:05:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My daughter was watching a video on youtube in which this family does all kinds of shit we can't afford, and they were vacationing in Hawaii.  While they were at one of the stereotypical touristy "luaus", watching some stereotypical "hula" dancing, I wondered, do those locals clock out at the end of the day with disdain for how their cultural things have been turned into a "tourist itinerary stop"?  It made me think, are there any regional "food combinations" or orders that they see tourists massively screw up?

What have you seen that's exclusive to your "region" done completely wrong by someone from a different area?  Here it's things like ordering sweet tea not knowing it's going to be a big glass of iced sweet tea, or putting sugar on grits, drinking from the glass of water they bring you with beignets, etc.  I'm guilty of putting chinese entrees on fried rice instead of plain steamed white rice.  I don't put cinnamon in chili or any of that yankee stuff.
View Quote

Cheese Steaks....Theres really on one way to do this...very thinly sliced beef on a roll with tomato sauce and cheese and onions or whatever other "normal" topping you want.

When I started traveling out west two decades ago, I ordered a "Philadelphia Cheese Steak"  from some small eatery...what I got was this abomination that contained large chunks of steak on a roll with ALFALFA sprouts...

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:06:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Philistine...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in Ohio. Other than Cincy's fucked up "chili" there ain't a whole  lot of "regional" to our food.

Philistine...

You must like a 4 way on occasion...
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:09:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, the number of out-of-towners who haven't got the first clue how to properly dig a hole in the desert to dump their dead hookers in, it's just mind-boggling.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yeah, the number of out-of-towners who haven't got the first clue how to properly dig a hole in the desert to dump their dead hookers in, it's just mind-boggling.
View Quote

They don't know you dig the hole FIRST, and deep?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:17:12 AM EDT
[#46]
People come to langCASTER from all over to see the Amish.

Couldn't begin to fathom why someone would sit in the car for hours to go look at a smelly guy who treats animals horribly.

They all have cell phones and shit. Fuckin phonies.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
People come to langCASTER from all over to see the Amish.

Couldn't begin to fathom why someone would sit in the car for hours to go look at a smelly guy who treats animals horribly.

They all have cell phones and shit. Fuckin phonies.
View Quote

When I was working in Newark, DE I'd get bored on the weekends and just drive around.  One time I saw some of these Amish in the wild...I've never in my life encountered someone who smelled so horrible.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:25:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, dirt's hard, difficult to dig through.  The trick is to just drive out far enough that no fucker will ever search way the fuck out there, and drop em on the ground.  Yotes'll take care of things, anyway.

So, the one sweating his ass off trying to scrape through the ground just a couple hundred yards off the road?  That's the out-of-town rube.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:26:09 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Philistine...

Skyline. 5 way. Food of the gods...

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:55:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I ordered Pepsi in an Atlanta Restaurant
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top