Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/28/2016 6:18:54 PM EDT
Well, like the title says, should you be required to show your ID to vote?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have to already.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes it should be a Federal law.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#4]

YES

Next question.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have to already.
View Quote

That's because you don't live in one of the colored areas of this map:

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll say it again. There should be two requirements to vote:

1. Be 'Murican

2. Fucking prove it.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/Us_s5_cvr08.PNG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to already.

Otherwise known as upper Mexico.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't each state offer identification cards? I get that not everyone drives but I thought each state issued personal identification cards if you request one.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, and pay taxes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Photo ID, something similar to a 4473 and an FBI background check.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Racis thread is racis
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to already.

A lot of Mexicans in Alaska?

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't each state offer identification cards? I get that not everyone drives but I thought each state issued personal identification cards if you request one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Are you expecting the poor, downtrodden minorities to actually pay for an ID? /sarcasm
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Racis thread is racis
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#16]
You need an ID card to buy a firearm, and just about everything else.  I don't see what the problem is with requiring an ID card.  How do people without an ID card live without one?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:28:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:29:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok who said no.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#19]
its bullshit. what adult does not have a id? besides someone mentally screwed up enough they cant function, or your ass is In prison already.

you cant get a job without a picture id, you cant buy alcohol, you cant buy a gun, you cant open a bank account, you cant cash a check, you cant drive a car, you cant go to college, you cant get on welfare, or food stamps, or unemployment. you cant get a loan for.. anything.. I doubt you can get cable of sat tv without id, you cant buy a house, you cant rent a house, you cant get a hotel room, you cant buy a airplane ticket, I doubt a bus ticket.

what people do not have id??  its a scam, and its 100% democrats wanting to keep voter fraud going. if your ass cant get a picture id, I'm pretty damn sure you wont be bothering to vote either.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Why bother asking?  Doesn't make a shit-bit of difference what you and I think.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Already do.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:32:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup. If you're such a shiftless low life you can't *have* an ID because it's illegal then, I don't need you voting. If you can't GET to the local DPS office to receive your FREE Texas ID then, I don't want you voting. I mean, fuck, how did you get to the polls?

I'm also against mail in ballots. There should be some sort of process for getting service member's votes that doesn't rely on the wholly unregulated process of simply filling out a form and mailing it, anonymously.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:33:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Are you expecting the poor, downtrodden minorities to actually pay for an ID? /sarcasm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL. They can't be that expensive. The real problem is those people are too lazy to submit an application. It's ridiculous to think anyone can walk in and say "Hi I'm John Doe" and sign their name without any verification.

Here's a sample ID from PA so I know they exist. Almost identical to our drivers lisence.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes and you should get a mark like we did for the election in Iraq trying to tamp down voter fraud.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#25]
We "shouldn't" have to show ID to vote but since the other side has been caught cheating repeatedly
and with the massive amount of illegals trying to vote ....

......sadly, Yes it is simply necessary today to maintain the integrity of the system.

However,  a watchful eye must kept to insure that tracking of how you vote is never used as

retaliation......ie,  tax audits for all Rep voters.

Because THEY WILL do it if they think they think they can get away with it!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#26]
fuck it.. don't require id... just do the purple finger ink we used on other people who could not be trusted to vote.. how about that? is purple ink racist?
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're free in Texas.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Whatever is required to buy a handgun should be required to vote
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#29]
This could set a record as the most lopsided ARFCOM poll.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:36:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Who were the two Dems/Libertarians/Sovereign Citizens that voted NO.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:37:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

They're free in Texas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They're free in Texas.
Ya'll are missing the sarcasm. I even put it in my response. That is the excuse that Dems put up when the topic comes up.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Duh, motherfucker!!!

I have to do it already.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have to already.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:39:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes.

And day of you should have to dip your thumb, toe (in case of no thumbs) or nose (in case of none) in purple permanent ink to cast your ballot.  Like they did in Iraq.  Poll workers would check for this before letting you proceed.

No more "i voted" stickers, thumbs up.  And you won't be able to vote twice without cutting off a digit.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Racist....
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Whatever is required to buy a handgun should be required to vote
View Quote

Or vice verse. If I can vote without ID or NICS, I should be able to get my guns OTC without ID or NICS.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#37]
It should be the same process you go through to buy a gun.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll say it again. There should be two requirements to vote:

1. Be 'Murican

2. Fucking prove it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Haha... I'll admit it, I said no. But if it were made mandatory i wouldn't give two shits anyway.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
its bullshit. what adult does not have a id? besides someone mentally screwed up enough they cant function, or your ass is I'm prison already.

you cant get a job without a picture id, you cant buy alcohol, you cant buy a gun, you cant open a bank account, you cant cash a check, you cant drive a car, you cant go to college, you cant get on welfare, or food stamps, or unemployment. you cant get a loan for.. anything.. I doubt you can get cable of sat tv without id, you cant buy a house, you cant rent a house, you cant get a hotel room, you cant buy a airplane ticket, I doubt a bus ticket.

what people do not have id??  its a scam, and its 100% democrats wanting to keep voter fraud going. if your ass cant get a picture id, I'm pretty damn sure you wont be bothering to vote either.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
This could set a record as the most lopsided ARFCOM poll.
View Quote

We found something 99% of us agree on. It would probably be 100% if the 3 democrats who voted no were required to show their ID before voting.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#42]
yes
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes.  This shouldn't even be an argument.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Are you expecting the poor, downtrodden minorities to actually pay for a FREE ID? /sarcasm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you expecting the poor, downtrodden minorities to actually pay for a FREE ID? /sarcasm

FIFY

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:47:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So this is funny to you?

Hahaha
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haha... I'll admit it, I said no. But if it were made mandatory i wouldn't give two shits anyway.

So this is funny to you?

Hahaha

No, I should've referenced
The post that stated I was either a dem/libertarian/etc... Should've quoted it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#48]
The vast majority of Americans think one should be required to show an ID to vote, and this crosses party lines.  The Democratic radicals are on the wrong side of this issue.  Where an ID is required, the state will provide an ID free of charge if one can not obtain a license.  There is no excuse and the narrative about voter suppression is simply vile propaganda from the Left to hide their real intentions at opposing such a program....voter fraud.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#49]
No ID? No vote!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In RI when they "required" (No ID? Vote on a provisional ballot) ID to vote. The state gave official ID's for free if you couldn't afford it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top