BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I posted the video because with all the discussion since last Thursday I figured someone else would have posted this if they had seen it.

The video supports what I said early on - Trump could have made great lemonade out of Cruz' speech.

All the people in the focus group were undecideds.  All of them thought Cruz's speech was great and they said they were more likely to vote for Trump.

Now if you were to take those very same people and let them see Trump double-down and attack Cruz's wife and father again the next day ...and then let them see Trump yesterday saying he is going to fund a super PAC to defeat Cruz when he runs for reelection...

Wonder how many of them would still feel better about Trump.

My guess is, maybe none of them.
View Quote

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:47:41 PM EDT
[#2]
independents who don't like Trump agreed with his move not to tow the party line... And? What does that have to do with everyone else on the right who is fighting to keep Hillary out of office? Sorry, he committed career suicide, get over him.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Poor thing, it is sad really.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah, fucking blah.  

Show the proof of my cultist behavior or eat the shit you shovel.

As far as masquerading goes, you will have know problem finding years of my posts championing Ted cruz, even before Trump was a blip on the radar. I must be a fucking genius.  

So far al you have done is name calling and making suggestions while providing nothing for proof of your claims.

How very liberal of you in that regard, accusations without proof.  

Either way sport, you can either back up your claims with all if this 'proof' or you can eat shit.

You are either a petulant little man child who would rick the republic to Hillary out of spite for not getting your way or you are a sock puppet sent to sow division in the base as your actions post-convention serve o other purpose.

Cultists!  

-or-

"Ex Cruz champions" who masquerade as cultists!  

Hey Trump Puppet, watch the video and then eat your words condemning Cruz for giving his speech.

The focus group wasn't make up of cultists.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
independents who don't like Trump agreed with his move not to tow the party line... And? What does that have to do with everyone else on the right who is fighting to keep Hillary out of office? Sorry, he committed career suicide, get over him.
View Quote

Well, isn't it telling how you leave out the part where those independents say they were MORE LIKELY to vote for Trump as a result of Cruz' speech.

Doesn't fit the TrumpPuppets narrative though ......
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, that was my reaction as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hey Trump Puppet, watch the video and then eat your words condemning Cruz for giving his speech.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Blah, blah, blah, fucking blah.  

Show the proof of my cultist behavior or eat the shit you shovel.

As far as masquerading goes, you will have know problem finding years of my posts championing Ted cruz, even before Trump was a blip on the radar. I must be a fucking genius.  

So far al you have done is name calling and making suggestions while providing nothing for proof of your claims.

How very liberal of you in that regard, accusations without proof.  

Either way sport, you can either back up your claims with all if this 'proof' or you can eat shit.

You are either a petulant little man child who would rick the republic to Hillary out of spite for not getting your way or you are a sock puppet sent to sow division in the base as your actions post-convention serve o other purpose.

Cultists!  

-or-

"Ex Cruz champions" who masquerade as cultists!  

Everything I needed to know about Cruz's infamous speech I learned while watching it. I do not need it interpreted for me.

Finally, while it remains tempting to continue pointing out your dishonesty regarding your claims about me, I think I will instead leave the thread the way Ted should have left the convention, with a humble request that we focus on protecting the republic from Hillary by uniting behind Trump, I wish it were someone else too, but this the reality and there is no one else remotely positioned that can ensure her defeat.

I hope that you and others who remain loyal to Ted Cruz will consider extending the same loyalty to the protection of the republic.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#7]
n/m

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everything I needed to know about Cruz's infamous speech I learned while watching it. I do not need it interpreted for me.

Finally, while it remains tempting to continue pointing out your dishonesty regarding your claims about me, I think I will instead leave the thread the way Ted should have left the convention, with a humble request that we focus on protecting the republic from Hillary by uniting behind Trump, I wish it were someone else too, but this the reality and there is no one else remotely positioned that can ensure her defeat.

I hope that you and others who remain loyal to Ted Cruz will consider extending the same loyalty to the protection of the republic.

View Quote

Fear binds you up.  Have a little courage and watch the video. It has nothing to do with "interpreting" Cruz's speech.

It simply proves you wrong.

And your posts in these threads.... you oppose your stated goal.  Your constant attacks against Cruz do nothing to improve Trump's chances.

ETA: And the part in bold - that is how a cultist reacts when shown information - the cultist has his mind made up and doesn't want to see anything that may undermine the cult's doctrine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Jeb!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you know anyone that changed their mind about voting for Trump because of that speech?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cruz had one job to do, help ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had the every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic. He chose himself over the republic.

At that point in the election, nothing else matters except ensuring Hillary's defeat by instructing his voters to pull for Trump and imploring that all others do as well.

Bernie "the magnificent cuck of all times" Sanders mustered the humility to encourage support for Clinton and yet Ted " I love this republic" Cruz put himself first.

Do you know anyone that changed their mind about voting for Trump because of that speech?

Nope, but I have seen people change their mind and decide NOT to vote for Trump because of Trump's bullshit the next day.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/Acc371_photo/media/Cn6BJKLXYAAffJT.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll18/Acc371_photo/Cn6BJKLXYAAffJT.jpg</a>
View Quote

So if I get a liberal holding up a sign with Trump's statement about raising minimum wage that would mean what to you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#13]
That focus group shows that the outrage was manufactured. There was nothing wrong with Ted's speech, it was excellent. It wouldn't have gotten boos on its own, so they had to orchestrate it and then lie; Trump SOP.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Cruzbots = this years PaulBots

Lots of angsty crying from them with no success. Just like the cruz campaign.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So if I get a liberal holding up a sign with Trump's statement about raising minimum wage that would mean what to you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s284.photobucket.com/user/Acc371_photo/media/Cn6BJKLXYAAffJT.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll18/Acc371_photo/Cn6BJKLXYAAffJT.jpg</a>

They actually said the truth for once. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That focus group shows that the outrage was manufactured. There was nothing wrong with Ted's speech, it was excellent. It wouldn't have gotten boos on its own, so they had to orchestrate it and then lie; Trump SOP.
View Quote

Gold sharpies are going to gold sharpie.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:54:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

First, I'm a Cruz fan.

Second, I was disappointed that he didn't endorse Trump.   I think he should have sucked it up, but I can also understand why he wouldn't want to.

Third, after all the media hype, I watched the speech and I never could figure out what the big deal was.  

Fourth, I'm still voting for Trump in November and I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz does too, whether he admits to it or not.  The SCOTUS picks are just too important and deep down, he knows that.

Fifth, I pray that Trump wins and turns out to be the best President the country has ever had.    
View Quote
+1

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:08:10 PM EDT
[#18]

When Republican pollster Frank Luntz appeared on CBS News the
day after the first GOP presidential primary debate, he declared that
Donald
Trump's performance guaranteed the "destruction" of his campaign for the party's nomination.

View Quote

The basis for that conclusion was the opinion of a few dozen Ohio Republican voters in one of his fast-paced made-for-TV
focus groups. While many participants had said they came in supporting
Trump before the debate, only three or so remained supporters after it
was over.

"Those focus groups are accurate," Luntz said.

LOL!

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:14:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Cruz has absolutely zero chance of ever being president.

He has no actual executive experience to point to and he comes off as sniveling and peevish.

It's genuinely hard to think of weaker presidential candidate than Cruz.

He could not win the nomination of his own party, so what chance would he have of winning the presidency?

He was tested and he failed the test.  He was beaten like a rented mule by a real estate developer with orange skin.

I never understood the hero worship people have for politicians, especially senators and congressmen.

Especially an career establishment politician.  They're the lowest, most corrupt self-serving scum in America, just parasites.

The guy's speechwriter comes up with a snappy speech and you swallow hook line and sinker.

Didn't you ever hear the expression "talk is cheap"?

Why do you think the RINOs aren't talking about the economy 24/7?   Why do you think they harp about public morality all the time instead?

It's because fixing the economy would cost them dollars and carping about morality costs them nothing.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

WHAT about the video?

Did you watch it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
sure, showed balls, but ....

IT WAS A DICK MOVE

and I voted for him in the primary.

WHAT about the video?

Did you watch it?

I watched it. It was a dick move. I have never seen someone sink a politi al career so quickly.  His major donors seemed to agree with my assessment as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
First, I'm a Cruz fan.

Second, I was disappointed that he didn't endorse Trump.   I think he should have sucked it up, but I can also understand why he wouldn't want to.

Third, after all the media hype, I watched the speech and I never could figure out what the big deal was.  

Fourth, I'm still voting for Trump in November and I wouldn't be surprised if Cruz does too, whether he admits to it or not.  The SCOTUS picks are just too important and deep down, he knows that.

Fifth, I pray that Trump wins and turns out to be the best President the country has ever had.    

View Quote

I agree except for the endorsement part.

I was not dissapointed but neutral on it.

It would have been nice but he could not do it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#22]
The thing mango's slavish devotees don't understand is that Trump's very presence on the RNC stage was a big middle finger to conservatives. The man is about federal government solutions to our country's problems. He reflexively attacks conservative Republicans almost daily. He promises more expansion of executive power. He has a long history of funding every category of liberal.

Please stop hounding us to support your clown. His level of support is an insult to those of us who value freedom. Try appealing to Democrats, they aren't too happy being stuck with Hillary.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:33:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

He has no actual executive experience to point to and he comes off as sniveling and peevish.

He could not win the nomination of his own party, so what chance would he have of winning the presidency?

He was tested and he failed the test.  He was beaten like a rented mule by a real estate developer with orange skin.

I never understood the hero worship people have for politicians, especially senators and congressmen.

Especially an career establishment politician.  They're the lowest, most corrupt self-serving scum in America, just parasites.

The guy's speechwriter comes up with a snappy speech and you swallow hook line and sinker.

Why do you think the RINOs aren't talking about the economy 24/7?   Why do you think they harp about public morality all the time instead?

It's because fixing the economy would cost them dollars and carping about morality costs them nothing.
View Quote

Lots of irony in this post if you think Trump is a good candidate.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Polls matter now?  Got it.  In two weeks if Trump's down again they won't matter, too far out, vast conspiracy etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, who cares......Trump is the one who got a six point bump in the polls despite Cruz and his bots.

Polls matter now?  Got it.  In two weeks if Trump's down again they won't matter, too far out, vast conspiracy etc.

LOL....They seemed to matter in the primaries a great deal when it suited you.

Despite what were reasonable poll predictions in nearly every state after Iowa all we heard from peeps like you was....Trump will not win a state on Super Tuesday and drop out, implode, fade away, shoot himself in the foot, yada, yada, yada. It was just as regular as clockwork come every other Tuesday or so.

Face it Shirley, you and your ilk got the piss whipped out of you when Cruz could no longer slipstream off of Trump, it was as simple as that.  

Now go feel your Johnson.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#25]

Looks like Luntz created a safe space on the Luntz Global YouTube page

No comments allowed,no thumbs up or down allowed.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:46:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Despite what were reasonable poll predictions in nearly every state after Iowa all we heard from peeps like you was....Trump will not win a state on Super Tuesday and drop out, implode, fade away, shoot himself in the foot, yada, yada, yada. It was just as regular as clockwork come every other Tuesday or so.

Face it Shirley, you and your ilk got the piss whipped out of you when Cruz could no longer slipstream off of Trump, it was as simple as that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, who cares......Trump is the one who got a six point bump in the polls despite Cruz and his bots.

No everyone got the piss whipped out of them the second you guaranteed a Hillary victory by running a progressive good Clinton friend.  Bragging looks a bit retarded when you worry about conservatives not voting for Trump.  Not that appearing that way every bothered you before, so I doubt it'd bother you now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Keep thinking that and you might believe it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fear binds you up.  Have a little courage and watch the video. It has nothing to do with "interpreting" Cruz's speech.

And your posts in these threads.... you oppose your stated goal.  Your constant attacks against Cruz do nothing to improve Trump's chances.

ETA: And the part in bold - that is how a cultist reacts when shown information - the cultist has his mind made up and doesn't want to see anything that may undermine the cult's doctrine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched the video, just how does the opinion of a bunch not so randomly picked chuckling nitwits on a television production negate my personal judgment.

It doesn't.Ted Cruz for SCJ!!! Though I doubt that now, he can get there from here.

Also, I do not attack Ted Cruz, not post convention and certainly not in the years before while I singing his praises and yes, he gives awesome speeches of which I have seen many. He truly speaks like the statesmen we need, but when the time came to act in a statesmen like capacity, he failed and put his self first.

All I have stated has been, in effect, that because of his 'Vote your conscious" passive-aggressive bullshit, I will not deny a more honorable candidate my support in favor of him ever again.

This wonderful master of the constitution has shown me his terrible flaw, his lack of humility when faced with a choice between pride and the good of the republic.

Pointing out what I believe to be a selfish and hurtful to the republic move on his part is just calling it like I see it and I have only done that in response to people claiming that vote your conscious up and down the ticket was in fact a recommendation to vote for Trump. This because I abhor letting a lie float by without throwing rocks at it.

Cruz's stunt isn't going to have much effect by the time election gets here, though I could be wrong. There is a lot of time left for upheaval.

The effect of this thread and your efforts in it are to deepen the divide between factions of republicans, if it were to be believed that you actually cared up the defeat of Hillary you would be expending your energies at uniting all potential republican voters behind the nominee.

So call me cultist or anything else you like repeatedly, there is nothing stopping you. It's your time waste after all.
I am through wasting my with you though.

I hope Hillary loses. I don't want to imagine what will become of our nation should she win.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Bernie is a cuckold and did what you want Cruz to do.

You people are fucking insane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Cruz had one job to do, help ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had the every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic. He chose himself over the republic.

At that point in the election, nothing else matters except ensuring Hillary's defeat by instructing his voters to pull for Trump and imploring that all others do as well.

Bernie "the magnificent cuck of all times" Sanders mustered the humility to encourage support for Clinton and yet Ted " I love this republic" Cruz put himself first.

Bernie is a cuckold and did what you want Cruz to do.

You people are fucking insane.

They really are.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

sure, showed balls, but ....

IT WAS A DICK MOVE

and I voted for him in the primary.
View Quote

I thought ballsy dick moves were why we are voting for trump?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Nope, but I have seen people change their mind and decide NOT to vote for Trump because of Trump's bullshit the next day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely this. I was just coming off the fence of #NeverTrump to #NeverHillary -- but after his antics the day afterwards (and even during), that pretty much put the kibosh on that idea. If it weren't for the universal hatred of Hillary, he would have no chance in hell. If he was half as intelligent as he thought he was, he would've spun the Cruz speech in his favor and made it look like the two of them were getting along despite their differences and pulled in massive support in the process. Instead, he just couldn't let his giant orange ego be bruised and had to go all toddler.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#32]
A couple of years from now (if he's not primaried out) the Dems will run some ultra-liberal against Cruz and little Ted will be making begging speeches to his back in 2016 turned-off constituents and fund raisers saying that you just got to vote for him, you must donate--even if you despised his 2016 performance--because you can't let another liberal get into the Senate.

TL: DR   He'll be begging for party unity when it's his turn to run again.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:36:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why does everyone insist that if you think Cruz is bad then you MUST be a Trump fan?

apparently nobody is allowed to evaluate the merits of the candidates without adoring one of them.

Since I'm not a moron, I dislike both of them.  Trump is stronger than Cruz.  Cruz is absolutely hopeless, the guy is unelectable.  As he has proved by not getting the nomination.

I think that our RINO junk heap of a party is going to hand a victory to the weakest candidate the democrats have ever run.

The democrats aren't winning the country, the republican party is handing it to them.

Hillary is a repulsive vicious scumbag that virtually everyone hates and it looks like she's got a good chance of being president.  What does that say about the republican party?

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another "approved" Cruz thread wherein the folks who like to bitch about Cruz threads they don't approve of, and Trump threads in general, can come to strut their stuff.

Or.....its a thread that counters all of those who said Cruz committed political suicide by backstabbing Trump and that only a delusional Cruzbot would have no problem with it  

This exactly.  If trumps IQ was above my houses cooled temperature he could have run with this and garnered conservative support, which he doesn't have.  All the Mango did is convince me he's not fit to run the country.
What is proves is Cruz didn't backstab Trump and if Trump had brains he could have used it to his great advantage.

It also shows that if Trump makes decisions like this if and when he is president, we are in bad shape.

He will be petty, and make irrational choices
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:45:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This is why I got so upset with him, being honest. I was a Cruz supporter for a long time, but he lost me when he took the liberal side and blamed Trump for the violence at his rally in Chicago, when we all knew that Cruz would have been treated to the same thing had Trump not been a lightning rod. They would have called Cruz the bigot, the racist, the homophobe had he been the front runner, because that's what liberals do. I could no longer support him once he went that route.

When he spoke at the convention, I thought, from what he was saying, that he had come back home, that he had just made a bad call in a tough fight and it wasn't really who he was. I was thinking, "Yes, Cruz is going to do great things! He's going to be the hero I always thought he was!" And I was really crushed when he turned aside from something that could have made him great.

Cruz could have put himself in a position to advance all of the ideals he espoused in that speech. When he mentioned how much he loved his children, I really thought he was going to say that in order to make a better world for them, he was going to swallow his pride and turn his skills and energy to serving all of the ideals he has just spoken of to thunderous applause. I was gutted when he went the 'vote your conscience' route. I felt stupid. I felt played. It looked for all the world to me that he had specifically crafted his speech to make us believe in him again, just to make it hurt worse when he let us down.

Some folks think Trump laid a trap. Personally, I think Trump gave Cruz an opportunity to rise or fall, and Cruz chose the low road. I really wanted to see him come back and fight the good fight. I have heard people claim the boos were instigated by the NY delegates, but I assure you, there were no operative in my living room influencing me or my wife to be outraged.

Our sense of betrayal was entirely natural. Apparently we love our children more than Cruz does. I assure you, if letting an insult to my wife or father pass in order to have a real chance of making a better world for my children, I would choose my children in a heartbeat.

Others see it differently, and I am not so arrogant as to try to put forth my own take as 'the truth'. But it's surely how I felt. I am no special snowflake. If I took it that way, plenty of other folks did, too. It's a real shame, all around. Cruz was a bright light, or at least I imagined him to be so. That's what made it all the more painful, to see him douse him own flame in a fit of pique.

He could have done so much good, save for pride. As they say, pride goeth before a fall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The speech was great.  Much more aligned with my views than Trumps daughter's speech.

This is why I got so upset with him, being honest. I was a Cruz supporter for a long time, but he lost me when he took the liberal side and blamed Trump for the violence at his rally in Chicago, when we all knew that Cruz would have been treated to the same thing had Trump not been a lightning rod. They would have called Cruz the bigot, the racist, the homophobe had he been the front runner, because that's what liberals do. I could no longer support him once he went that route.

When he spoke at the convention, I thought, from what he was saying, that he had come back home, that he had just made a bad call in a tough fight and it wasn't really who he was. I was thinking, "Yes, Cruz is going to do great things! He's going to be the hero I always thought he was!" And I was really crushed when he turned aside from something that could have made him great.

Cruz could have put himself in a position to advance all of the ideals he espoused in that speech. When he mentioned how much he loved his children, I really thought he was going to say that in order to make a better world for them, he was going to swallow his pride and turn his skills and energy to serving all of the ideals he has just spoken of to thunderous applause. I was gutted when he went the 'vote your conscience' route. I felt stupid. I felt played. It looked for all the world to me that he had specifically crafted his speech to make us believe in him again, just to make it hurt worse when he let us down.

Some folks think Trump laid a trap. Personally, I think Trump gave Cruz an opportunity to rise or fall, and Cruz chose the low road. I really wanted to see him come back and fight the good fight. I have heard people claim the boos were instigated by the NY delegates, but I assure you, there were no operative in my living room influencing me or my wife to be outraged.

Our sense of betrayal was entirely natural. Apparently we love our children more than Cruz does. I assure you, if letting an insult to my wife or father pass in order to have a real chance of making a better world for my children, I would choose my children in a heartbeat.

Others see it differently, and I am not so arrogant as to try to put forth my own take as 'the truth'. But it's surely how I felt. I am no special snowflake. If I took it that way, plenty of other folks did, too. It's a real shame, all around. Cruz was a bright light, or at least I imagined him to be so. That's what made it all the more painful, to see him douse him own flame in a fit of pique.

He could have done so much good, save for pride. As they say, pride goeth before a fall.

BS it's not pride.  Mango attacked his wife, dad and lied constantly about Ted.  The fact he was good enough to even attempt to speak on Diddling Don's behalf shows he's a better man than DD will ever be.  DD showed he's a pretty little man used to pushing around underage boys and girls just like his bud.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I have not seen this.   Thank you for posting it.

I thought Ted gave a great speech.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The speech was great.  Much more aligned with my views than Trumps daughter's speech.

Cruz also offered Trump an opportunity.  Cruz's speech was the perfect opportunity for Trump to present himself as the defender of liberty and the constitution.  Instead Trumps supporters behaved like a BLM mob and Trump's actions were petty and vindictive.  Everyone knew Cruz had personal reasons  to not say "I endorse Trump".  I doubt the lack of endorsement costed Trump one vote.  However, Trumps actions could cost him the election.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

why does everyone insist that if you think Cruz is bad then you MUST be a Trump fan?

apparently nobody is allowed to evaluate the merits of the candidates without adoring one of them.

Since I'm not a moron, I dislike both of them.  Trump is stronger than Cruz.  Cruz is absolutely hopeless, the guy is unelectable.  As he has proved by not getting the nomination.

I think that our RINO junk heap of a party is going to hand a victory to the weakest candidate the democrats have ever run.

The democrats aren't winning the country, the republican party is handing it to them.

Hillary is a repulsive vicious scumbag that virtually everyone hates and it looks like she's got a good chance of being president.  What does that say about the republican party?

View Quote

Note the cult logic.

Cruz is hopeless.  Unelectable.

Why?

"As he has proved by not getting the nomination."

Now think back to 1976.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:25:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah...  Nobody was a bigger Cruz supporter than me...  But he made a promise to support the Republican nominee - which doesn't get outweighed by personal butt-hurt.  He should have lived up to his promise.  His word is now worth exactly shit to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:41:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I watched the video, just how does the opinion of a bunch not so randomly picked chuckling nitwits on a television production negate my personal judgment.

To non-cultists it negates your faulty position entirely.

Non-cultists realize that EVERY PERSON WHO HATES CRUZ for not explicitly endorsing Trump IS ALREADY GOING TO VOTE FOR TRUMP.  Cruz's speech had no negative effect on that crowd.

Undecideds watched Cruz's speech and LOVED IT.  They correctly realized that if Cruz had explicitly endorsed it would have been "fake" to use their words.  They thought highly of Trump for inviting Cruz.  Cruz congratulated Donald and then spoke about the problems America faces and how the Republican ideals will work to better the country and get us back on the right track.

If Trump had been interested in unity, all he had to do was congratulate Ted for the hard work he put into his campaign and thank him for an uplifting speech.

TRUMP would have had a home run.

But you have to call this group "chuckling nitwits" because they prove your cult leader to be wrong.  And you.

It doesn't.Ted Cruz for SCJ!!! Though I doubt that now, he can get there from here.

Also, I do not attack Ted Cruz, not post convention and certainly not in the years before while I singing his praises and yes, he gives awesome speeches of which I have seen many. He truly speaks like the statesmen we need, but when the time came to act in a statesmen like capacity, he failed and put his self first.

Oh please.  You attack him regularly.  You have in this very thread.

"Cruz had one job to do, help ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had the every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic. He chose himself over the republic."

He didn't chose himself over the republic.  The thing that would have been politically expedient for Cruz would be to give the endorsement.

All I have stated has been, in effect, that because of his 'Vote your conscious" passive-aggressive bullshit, I will not deny a more honorable candidate my support in favor of him ever again.

This wonderful master of the constitution has shown me his terrible flaw, his lack of humility when faced with a choice between pride and the good of the republic.

Pointing out what I believe to be a selfish and hurtful to the republic move on his part is just calling it like I see it and I have only done that in response to people claiming that vote your conscious up and down the ticket was in fact a recommendation to vote for Trump. This because I abhor letting a lie float by without throwing rocks at it.

Your comment simply proves you don't think Trump will uphold the Constitution.  You think you can have it both ways?  Uh-uh.  No way.

Cruz's stunt isn't going to have much effect by the time election gets here, though I could be wrong. There is a lot of time left for upheaval.

The effect of this thread and your efforts in it are to deepen the divide between factions of republicans, if it were to be believed that you actually cared up the defeat of Hillary you would be expending your energies at uniting all potential republican voters behind the nominee.

No what you are doing, just like the cult leader, is attacking an outspoken leader of conservatism.

So call me cultist or anything else you like repeatedly, there is nothing stopping you. It's your time waste after all.

Like YOU said... calling it like I see it.

I hope Hillary loses. I don't want to imagine what will become of our nation should she win.

I hope she does, too.  But Trump and his merry band of conservative haters better rethink their strategy before they derail their own campaign.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yeah...  Nobody was a bigger Cruz supporter than me...  But he made a promise to support the Republican nominee - which doesn't get outweighed by personal butt-hurt.  He should have lived up to his promise.  His word is now worth exactly shit to me.
View Quote

Your position carries ZERO honor.

I would love to see you face to face with Cruz.  

YOUR wife in the room along with Heidi Cruz.

YOUR father in the room along with Rafael Cruz.

And then let Cruz ask YOU face-to-face with them in the room... "After a man said that our pledge was null and void....  and then that man started hurling personal insults at YOUR WIFE.... and then lied about YOUR FATHER and accused him of being involved in criminal activity - the assassination of a president for crying out loud.... You are saying that YOU would endorse such a man after what he did to YOUR WIFE and YOUR FATHER?"

If you answer yes to that, you have no honor and no class.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 2:31:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Note the cult logic.

Why?

Now think back to 1976.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the cult logic.

Why?

Now think back to 1976.

You mean circular logic, not cult logic.

He's not unelectable because he didn't elected.  

He's unelectable because he comes off like a sniveling weasel and because he has no actual executive experience to point to.

I give up.

You guys either cannot or will not understand any aspect of anything I write.

what is the point of this?

you think that if you bicker enough, the republican party won't be a junk heap anymore?

okay, have it your way - the voters aren't good enough for Cruz the petty, sniveling weasel.

happy now?
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:30:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

He's unelectable because he comes off like a sniveling weasel and because he has no actual executive experience to point to.

I give up.

you think that if you bicker enough, the republican party won't be a junk heap anymore?

okay, have it your way - the voters aren't good enough for Cruz the petty, sniveling weasel.

happy now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the cult logic.

Why?

Now think back to 1976.

I give up.

happy now?

Too funny.

You are the one who said the words!

"Cruz is ...hopeless...unelectable. As he has proved by not getting the nomination."

It's no one else's fault if you can't type what you mean.

I just pointed out the fact that it was nonsensical, considering Reagan didn't get the nomination in '76.

And all you Trump Puppets are the same!  Out of one side of your mouth it's "we need to unite to beat Hillary" and out of the other side you continue to attack Cruz.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#44]
What's funny is that people say Bernie sold out but that Cruz is a backstabber.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:52:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What's funny is that people say Bernie sold out but that Cruz is a backstabber.
View Quote

People are fucking idiots.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 3:57:05 AM EDT
[#46]
That ugly spat they had targeting each others' wives was the final straw. No turning back after that. If that had not happened I believe Cruz would have honored his pledge to support Trump.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To non-cultists it negates your faulty position entirely. LOL no it does not. My position is fixed based on the fact that Ted could have shelved his ego and done his utmost to ensure unity behind Trump to ensure defeat for Hillary,. he did what he did and it was disappointing to learn that after all the respect he has projected about the constitution and the future of our republic he was willing to selfishly subject it to harm by instructing republicans to vote up and down the ticket. You can't take that back.

Non-cultists realize that EVERY PERSON WHO HATES CRUZ for not explicitly endorsing Trump IS ALREADY GOING TO VOTE FOR TRUMP.  Cruz's speech had no negative effect on that crowd. Duh!!! the effect is ne of encouragement for people reluctant to vote for Trump to do otherwise with Ted's bessing and encouragement.

Undecideds watched Cruz's speech and LOVED IT.  They correctly realized that if Cruz had explicitly endorsed it would have been "fake" to use their words.  They thought highly of Trump for inviting Cruz.  Cruz congratulated Donald and then spoke about the problems America faces and how the Republican ideals will work to better the country and get us back on the right track. It seems that you're admitting that he recklessly neglected to make it clear to his supporter sand others that Trump needed all the votes to ensure victory only to leave it up to the masses to "realize' that on their own. That is not leadership, that is failure at a crucial time and he did it on purpose.

If Trump had been interested in unity, all he had to do was congratulate Ted for the hard work he put into his campaign and thank him for an uplifting speech.

TRUMP would have had a home run.

But you have to call this group "chuckling nitwits" because they prove your cult leader to be wrong.  And you.

I called them chuckling nitwits because they were chuckling, duh. The topic is one of importance and only a bunch nitwits would sit on television and chuckle up about.

Oh please.  You attack him regularly.  You have in this very thread. Pointing out  failure so big that the public at large is discussing it is not an attack. Nor is suggesting that he would be a great SCJ or saying that I would not risk losing a candidate that was more honorable by putting votes behind Ted in the future, sorry, that's not an attack.

"Cruz had one job to do, help ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had the every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic. He chose himself over the republic."

He didn't chose himself over the republic.  The thing that would have been politically expedient for Cruz would be to give the endorsement.
Nope, his moniker Lying Ted was given to him by Trump, that was not going away for at least four years. He litterally thought he had nothing to lose and didn't mind the risk to the republic.

Your comment simply proves you don't think Trump will uphold the Constitution.  You think you can have it both ways?  Uh-uh.  No way. Wrong again, it simply states that I think Cruz to be a master of constitutional comprehension. I will freely admit that Trump knows jack shit about the constitution, that sucks indeed but this is the hand we have and Hillary absolutely despises the rule of law.

No what you are doing, just like the cult leader, is attacking an outspoken leader of conservatism. No, I am simply responding to your endless dishonesty. I would love it if Ted continued to educate the world on the constitution. Hell give Ted Cruz a channel on cable as his credibility on teaching constitutional history is still good to go.

So call me cultist or anything else you like repeatedly, there is nothing stopping you. It's your time to waste after all.
I have changed my mind.

Like YOU said... calling it like I see it. You see things that are not there, that is why you have yet to post all those supposed  examples of my cultist behavior you claim to have witnessed that I requested earlier, be sure to include all the pro-Cruz posts I have made for years here as well.

I hope she does, too.  But Trump and his merry band of conservative haters better rethink their strategy before they derail their own campaign.

I have been here over a decade, I suppose I can see my way to rebutting your nonsense for years.

Just a reminder though, no matter how far and wide the lie is spread the truth always catches up.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 6:14:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I give up.

happy now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Note the cult logic.

Why?

Now think back to 1976.

I give up.

happy now?

Reagan didn't win in 1976.
Cruz didn't have a bunch of Democrats crossover and vote for him.
Totally unelectable.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Cruz had one job to do, to ensure that the one person who is poised to defeat Hillary had every vote the republican voters could muster for the sake of the republic.

He chose himself over the republic.

View Quote

And Bernie was boo'ed for it. I think it will cost Hillary votes, no different than the focus group who admired Ted for not selling out. Did you see the show of hands that showed a movement to Trump after Pence and Cruz's speech. The group thought more highly of both Trump and Cruz for his speech.

You know what people are really sick of? A lack of authenticity in their candidates. Ted may have chapped the overly sensitive assholes of the Trumpalos, but he was authentic to who he was. That matters. Trump has convinced everyone that he is authentic and has no political track record to prove otherwise, thus ensuring that he is viewed as authentic and very real. He endangers that every time he pulls the petty bullshit, it makes him look small and mean.

He can still be himself and appear to be the bigger man, but that is a personal decision.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 8:19:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Cruz lost the primary.

Get over it already.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top