Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2016 11:34:23 AM EDT

A city cop charges the NYPD is interfering with her right to pump breast milk on the job.

The officer, who gave birth in November and is breastfeeding her daughter, says bosses have blocked her from taking requested breaks for an hour or longer or forced her to miss them altogether.

“It was very frustrating,” said the 30-year-old Manhattan officer, who asked not to be identified. “I don’t think they really understand that it’s a medical issue. It’s not like I was just asking for a break — I needed it for a legitimate reason.”

In a letter to the NYPD, the Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association said that state labor law requires employers to give their workers at least 20 to 30 minutes to pump breast milk for up to three years after a child is born.

Link
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:39:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Generally I feel with many of these "cases" that if it's so difficult to do your job with your "condition", then you shouldn't be doing it.

With that said, it's still the law and if the NYPD broke it, then they'll have to deal with it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like she should be transferred to the evidence room or some other house mouse duty until she can be in the car for the entire shift.

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
so does she bring a lot of freezer packs in her car to keep the titty juice fresh?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Did I read that right? 3 years after a child is born??
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
let her do it on horseback
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so does she bring a lot of freezer packs in her car to keep the titty juice fresh?
View Quote

should be frozen asap
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Break out the checkbook.

View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#10]
FPNI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top