Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a good time to buy stock in Olin-Winchester (20.5).  The stock dropped ~5% on Friday when the company forecasted lower earnings than expected.  

http://finance.yahoo.com/quote/OLN/

The stock pays a 3.9% dividend.  You can write covered calls and make even more.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#2]
All us Californians are going to suck the supply chain dry over the next year or so before our ammo license scheme and on line sales ban goes into effect.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think you can lose money buying ammo. Mags on the other hand, yes I think there are so many manufactures now that there will always be a surplus.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With everything going on in the past month, from Orlando on, we should be in the middle of a "shelves are bare" panic right now.  We actually are in a panic, but the fact that I can still buy whatever I want for just a slight increase in Spring 2016 prices is a sign of the industry's increased capacity.  Guns and ammo is the crowded trade of 2016.  Invest with the hope of turning a huge profit at your peril.  

I don't think you can lose money buying ammo. Mags on the other hand, yes I think there are so many manufactures now that there will always be a surplus.

When did you get into guns?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:27:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With everything going on in the past month, from Orlando on, we should be in the middle of a "shelves are bare" panic right now.  We actually are in a panic, but the fact that I can still buy whatever I want for just a slight increase in Spring 2016 prices is a sign of the industry's increased capacity.  Guns and ammo is the crowded trade of 2016.  Invest with the hope of turning a huge profit at your peril.  

Late 1980s
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Runs to the basement...........measures the various ammo forts............everything is 5 by 5 here.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#6]
As long as Georgia Arms is open for business and making canned heat bulk ammo.....there is no reason to panic.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

All us Californians are going to suck the supply chain dry over the next year or so before our ammo license scheme and on line sales ban goes into effect.
View Quote

That's a fact, Jack.  Reloading equipment and supplies too.

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to sort and organize my ammo stash.  It's pretty amazing how much I accumulated from about 2000 - 2012.

I have another shipment of .22 LR on the way this week.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#8]
At no point during the 2008 and 2013 panics was I unable to find ammo so I have no clue what you are talking about OP.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Research ammo cost for a common case of ammo over the last 20 years.  

Or longer if you want to do so.

I expect most folks will decide they should be placing an ammo folder in their budget folder and when the ammo folder can purchase a case or two of ammo, will do so.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I buy from SGammo and their stock is looking pretty darn thin these days
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm still seeing bulk in the shelves at the shops.

Maybe it's just you.

Honestly that place went dry as soon as the CA BS happened.

Yesterday at the local Sportsmen Warehouse here in town, there were buckets of Remington 9x19, cans of Blazer 9zx19, Hornady, HPR, and Federal .223. Reloading supplies, there was [plenty of powder and projectiles but primers was hit hard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's a good time to buy stock in Olin-Winchester (20.5).  The stock dropped ~5% on Friday when the company forecasted lower earnings than expected.  

The stock pays a 3.9% dividend.  You can write covered calls and make even more.  
View Quote

How long is that dividend going to last when they are losing money?  They are paying out more in dividends than they make in profit at least at the moment.

It also appears that their small arms ammunition business is only about 25% of their sales so it's not a pure play in the ammo business.  Your investment is going to be subject to the performance of the other 75% of their business as well.

Just being the devil's advocate.  I'm sure you've spent more time with it than me.  That's just my 5 second flyby based on looking at their fundamentals and annual report.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:46:57 AM EDT
[#12]
what are you talking about?  i still see plenty in stock
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:47:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Just hit one of the search engines.  Lots of 9mm blasting ammo available for ~20c per round, including delivery.  

http://ammoseek.com/
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:50:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to sort and organize my ammo stash.  It's pretty amazing how much I accumulated from about 2000 - 2012.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will you guys still be able to buy ammo across the borders and bring it home with you?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Do you work at Wal mart OP?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:56:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Will you guys still be able to buy ammo across the borders and bring it home with you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Go online bro, every store im looking at is full stocked and with some of the cheapest prices Ive seen for quite some time.

As for a prediction maybe a small panic come like October or November followed by a larger panic if Hillary wins. She likely will so stock up on anything you need now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Can you buy ammo ftf out of state in 17?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

17? please explain. I'm going to Colorado in a few weeks. Neva mind, 2017 Thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M3ce73a04f835d95a8168c76d656909f8o0&w=300&h=127&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
GD

State lines, you know what I meant.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:13:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a pretty decent stash of .22 but I think that is the caliber I am going to go deep on.
Pretty good on everything else too.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Let the Great Ammo Freak Out of 2016 Begin!!!!

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

17? please explain. I'm going to Colorado in a few weeks. Neva mind, 2017 Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless the surrounding states start getting leaned on by Cal DOJ or they pass some "clean up" legislation next year making "ammo smuggling" a crime then yes.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

That was something wasn't it? Thank God the manufactures stepped up to the plate this time and Obama hasn't bought billions of rounds of ammo.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got an in stock notification on wolf gold... Seems like stuff sells out but gets restocked fairly quickly too...

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I have plenty of powder and primers.  Enough to last a long time.  I do not have enough projectiles.  I have a few thousand coated cast 9mm, .45, and .44 mag.  I don't like them though so they just sit in my closet.  I am damn near out of jacketed pistol bullets.  I have a shit ton loaded though.  I have quite a few 5.56 fmjbt bullets aside from the thousands loaded.  I am completely out of .308 bullets besides what I have loaded.

I moved 12 hours away though without aid from my new job, have paid a $2300 mortgage in Oklahoma for over a year now without living in the house plus have paid rent in Alabama since December.  I finally just sold my OK house at a loss.  Gotta catch up on debt from all that stuff before even thinking about buying components or guns or anything.  I can get what's called a DR loan for a mortgage easily since I am a dentist which is a good rate, no downpayment, and no PMI insurance needed so at least I don't need to save for a downpayment for when I buy again.

Luckily I have pretty much every gun I have really wanted.  There are a few others I would like but just fluff/stuff I don't need.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's stupid threads like these that make ammo disappear. Thank you OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's stupid threads like these that make ammo disappear. Thank you OP.

Quoted:
OP must be looking in the wrong places or has some ammo to sell.

I'm planning on moving soon.  I won't be buying anymore ammo for quite some time.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:22:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Unless the surrounding states start getting leaned on by Cal DOJ or they pass some "clean up" legislation next year making "ammo smuggling" a crime then yes.

View Quote

I wouldn't count on that. The same could be said of hawaii.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just got an in stock notification on wolf gold... Seems like stuff sells out but gets restocked fairly quickly too...

View Quote

That's about all I shoot now, 223/556 wise. Still have some 223 pmc and about 500 556 AE in storage, but wolf gold is my standard.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Plenty round these parts.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:22:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Runs to the basement...........measures the various ammo forts............everything is 5 by 5 here.
View Quote

The sign of a beginner.

A standard pallet measures 40 x 48.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it's just you.

Their stock has always been cyclical as long as I've been buying from them.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#33]
I was at Cabela's yesterday.   They had so much ammo that there was not enough room for it on the racks so they had it setting on the floor in front of the racks.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#34]
On election night if FHRC is elected shit is going to fly off the shelves. What ever don't have and want better get it now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:30:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Just placed an order from them for bother 9 and 223 late last week. No problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it's just you.

Same here
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Exactly
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe it's just you.

Exactly
This has happened every couple of weeks for years now. I'm going to guess that they get their ammo in large shipments and sometimes they sell down their stock before placing another large order
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was at Cabela's yesterday.   They had so much ammo that there was not enough room for it on the racks so they had it setting on the floor in front of the racks.
View Quote

How's their prices?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:35:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This has happened every couple of weeks for years now. I'm going to guess that they get their ammo in large shipments and sometimes they sell down their stock before placing another large order
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it's just you.

Exactly

No doubt. I got a shipping notice on Sunday. I'm thinking they are working 24/7 trying to stay on top of this panic buy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:37:12 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
No doubt. I got a shipping notice on Sunday. I'm thinking they are working 24/7 trying to stay on top of this panic buy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly

Except it's not a panic.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

How long is that dividend going to last when they are losing money?  They are paying out more in dividends than they make in profit at least at the moment.

It also appears that their small arms ammunition business is only about 25% of their sales so it's not a pure play in the ammo business.  Your investment is going to be subject to the performance of the other 75% of their business as well.

Just being the devil's advocate.  I'm sure you've spent more time with it than me.  That's just my 5 second flyby based on looking at their fundamentals and annual report.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Olin said they'd make ~$1.20/share this year.  That's more cash than they're paying out in dividends.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Except it's not a panic.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Except it's not a panic.  

If you weren't wrong you would be right

[/URL]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/mcwherterj/image_15.jpeg[/URL]
View Quote

Background checks?  Arfcom members only purchase thru a Gun Show Loophole store.   Cash only, please.  

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
looks like trump will schlong Hillary, so probably no election panic coming...
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Background checks?  Arfcom members only purchase thru a Gun Show Loophole store.   Cash only, please.  
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/danomite45/Subaru/Subyguns.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/mcwherterj/image_15.jpeg[/URL]

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/danomite45/Subaru/Subyguns.jpg

Washington state closed that loophole although I can still buy assault rifles off the internet.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Do individuals have to ship to an ffl if you bought it off the EE?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do individuals have to ship to an ffl if you bought it off the EE?

Not here in the peoples republic of hawaii
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wont be surprised at all, if California does not do that.. and, have leo do operations, where they cross the border, and watch gun shops for California license plates, then follow them back across the border and search their cars.. OH 30 ROUND MAGS !   going to jail !

they are almost out of anti gun laws to pass... the next step will be to attempt to stop you from using the state line loophole to resupply.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#50]
GFY OP. Stupid threads like these don't help.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top