[#2]
Did I make it in before the tear gas??
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did I make it in before the tear gas??
View Quote
The tear gas used by police or the tear gas emitted by stinky protesters.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Can YOU smell what the Rocks got cooking ?

BERN it down
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:52:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bern it down!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#6]
My girlfriend works in the city.

I'm going into the city tomorrow night to meet with some local group who is trying to educate inner city individuals on gun ownership. Guess I have to bring the ess bee arr.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm going into the city tomorrow night to meet with some local group who is trying to educate inner city individuals on gun ownership. Guess I have to bring the ess bee arr.
View Quote

Good luck man. My liberal university refused to cancel class. So I am being forced to go right into center city Monday and Tuesday for class, which is in a building literally right on the Parkway. I'll try to get some good photo's/video for you guys if I actually make it there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag for the party.

Txl
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll just have a seat, right over here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Did the PD call in outside reinforcements?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
In on 2
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Kinda odd that the dnc email scandal about Bernie getting screwed dropped right before this.  Perfect timing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#13]
In for the Molotov cocktails.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how the Trump fence is going to work that they put up around the convention?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:08:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag

I'm driving past the site every day after Wednesday....

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Are they gonna give the protesters space to destroy?

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Should have thought ahead to hand out bottles of vodka just to help things along.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:30:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#19]
IN

I thought the Dem Convention was going to be a Trump Bash-a-thon

with the release of the Wiki emails, with more to come, it's now starting to show potential for Dem on Dem crime and chaos.

Should be worth watching
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#20]
comment - this could be the consolidated dnc convention thread and protest thread, like for the rnc
anyway
unofficial twitter for dnc

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=%23DNCinPHL&src=tyah
twitter search for protest in philidelphia

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=DNC%20protesters%20philadelphia&src=tyah

twitter bernie supporter protest specific

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=news&q=bernie%20protest
live dnc coverage

http://www.c-span.org/
scanner

police - city wide

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/4603/web
don't know what the tv stations are going to do yet, so listing them till they develope a pattern
cbs

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/
fox

http://www.fox29.com/
nbc

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/
abc

http://6abc.com/philadelphia/
last time, live youtube streams could be found by doing a search on rnc, then filtering on live streams, so it may apply here to.

that is, search on the term dnc, then filter by live links and look for protest
unicorn riot is present and streaming on and off. link to main page, look for the day's event

http://livestream.com/unicornriot
rebz is in phi. may be on new youtube channel, or still on ustream

http://www.ustream.tv/z
any other feeds or streams people find, that are persistant or recurrant, can be added to the list by whom ever
edit - noticed the cbs news station url was wrong, fixed, added twitter search for protest information

edit added unicornriot

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#21]
***cm's post (right there^) needs to be included in the original post***

Great compilation, thanks
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I work with an old nurse who has made some pretty accurate predictions using her own brand of common sense.

Last week she looked at us and said "If there are no big protests at the republican convention it is because all the protesters are waiting for the democratic one".

At first I was , then and now
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Good luck man. My liberal university refused to cancel class. So I am being forced to go right into center city Monday and Tuesday for class, which is in a building literally right on the Parkway. I'll try to get some good photo's/video for you guys if I actually make it there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, I'm going to the Philly Firearms Academy to check this thing out. I'm coming from the north (where the law firm I work at is) and then headed back out towards KOP to head home (south of there). SBR is in the car, plate carrier is in the bag and belt with mags is stashed. Plus my usual EDC.

Hopefully I can get in and out without any issue.

Girlfriend took the train in this morning and sent me a picture of a guy holding a sign. She said he came from Florida to protest.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yea, I'm going to the Philly Firearms Academy to check this thing out. I'm coming from the north (where the law firm I work at is) and then headed back out towards KOP to head home (south of there). SBR is in the car, plate carrier is in the bag and belt with mags is stashed. Plus my usual EDC.

Girlfriend took the train in this morning and sent me a picture of a guy holding a sign. She said he came from Florida to protest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was nice of his boss to let him have the week off from work

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#25]
LOL....They booed Washerwoman-Shultz off the stage.

Feel the Burn that mother-fucker down.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#26]
noted - in the original set of links, I fixed the cbs hyperlink, and added a search for stuff about protest in philidelphia

and....

Bernie Sanders supporters plan march through city at 11 a.m.

Thousands of Bernie Sanders supporters are planning to march though Philadelphia again on Monday, just hours before the Democratic National Convention begins.

The march is set to begin at 11 a.m. on the Ben Franklin Parkway and will continue into South Philadelphia.

March Route:

-Start 1600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway (NS);

-EB on Arch Street to 15th Street;

-15th Street to S. Penn Square;

-S. Penn Square to Broad Street;

-SB on Broad Street to Pattison Avenue

View Quote
http://6abc.com/politics/bernie-sanders-supporters-plan-march-through-city-at-11-am/1441641/

it was reported that the march yesterday was a thousand people, so it will be interesting to see what happens today

don't expect any violence yet
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Waiting. Breathless. Anticipation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Kinda odd that the dnc email scandal about Bernie getting screwed dropped right before this.  Perfect timing.
View Quote

Timing is EVERYTHING!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#29]
You have the day off, Frost?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Timing is EVERYTHING!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Originally Posted By Private-
<g class="gr_ gr_17 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="17" data-gr-id="17">Sectre</g>:

Kinda odd that the
<g class="gr_ gr_18 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="18" data-gr-id="18">dnc</g> email scandal about Bernie getting screwed dropped right before this. Perfect timing.

Timing is EVERYTHING!

Like a conspiracy or something? Scandalous!

More scandalous than the actual emails talking about doing bad things against an opposing candidate to make sure their pony wins....

Sanders- not a true Scotsman.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope it's not a huge letdown.
Hickory shampoo has a shelf life and it's time to rotate stock.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I'm 50 minutes from Philadelphia, so hopefully things won't spill outside of that dump of a city.

Good thing I'm a prepper as I have a half a box of pop tarts and two 16 oz bottles of water.  I'm ready for the Bern to begin.  There are some dumb ass Bernie fans at my dealership.  Perhaps they will partake in the events this week.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:12:27 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/syQ-fBco2Lo

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fantastic
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Is this seat taken?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow.  Keep in mind that is in front of the Florida delegation, they aren't random spectators but are attending and voting at the convention.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I definitely call that some booing, but from that video (which sucks... edited over and over) it does not show her getting booed off the stage.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#40]
What time is DWS gaveling in the convention?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#41]
So, if you doubt that the email thing is a big deal, a member of the Nebraska State Central Committee, who has ran for executive office in the state publicly resigned his position and renounced his party affiliation last night.  While we may not see as much action at the Convention itself, you must remember that Bernie's supporters worked their way into state leadership through this year.  While their voices may be drowned out on a national level, they could become extremely disruptive leading up to the general.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#42]
In for the bern
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Girl in my class just said she took the train in from the Suburbs this morning and she was stopped by Secret Service at the train station. I had no problem getting down to the parkway. Didn't run into any protests yet but there are Staties and PPD at almost every street corner down here by Love Park.

I'll be making my way home in about 1:30. Will update if I see anything.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I wonder how the Trump fence is going to work that they put up around the convention?
View Quote

Tag.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#46]
God loves a Democrat Convention during a hot summer!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#47]
My body is ready.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:27:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Just a hunch, but this could get sportier than you might think.
Those Bernites are... unstable
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like the "violence and protests" at the RNC, this too will turn out to be a yawner.

However I'm on board in case the Philly crowd gets sporty.

Just a hunch, but this could get sportier than you might think.
Those Bernites are... unstable

And pissed!
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What time is DWS gaveling in the convention?
View Quote

Scheduled for 1630 Eastern
Page / 93
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top