Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/24/2016 5:11:44 PM EDT

"We decided to do a "stress test" where taps and toilets were simultaneously turned on in apartments on several floors to see if the system could cope once the athletes are in-house,"AOC chef de mission Kitty Chiller told the Sydney Morning Herald. "The system failed. Water came down walls, there was a strong smell of gas in some apartments and there was "shorting" in the electrical wiring. "
In addition, blocked toilets, leaking pipes (some in areas with electrical wiring), a lack of light fixtures in stairwells and "dirty floors in need of a massive clean" have been identified as problems.

http://www.sfgate.com/olympics/article/Olympic-Village-problems-disasters-Rio-athletes-8405813.php
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL reminds me of when the Simpsons went to Brazil
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Third world gonna third world.

It terrifies me that Embraers are built there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Add Zika to the top and I'd be staying in a tent in the airport in a MOPP suit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL.  The Rio infrastructure implosion is going to be more fun to watch than the games.  What the hell did people expect from a 2.5 world country?  Favelas with lipstick.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Didn't the Aussie contingent complain during the Olympic games in Japan because they weren't supplied with condoms that were a big enough size?

Those pesky details that the IOC misses.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"We decided to do a "stress test" where taps and toilets were simultaneously turned on in apartments on several floors to see if the system could cope once the athletes are in-house,"AOC chef de mission Kitty Chiller told the Sydney Morning Herald. "The system failed. Water came down walls, there was a strong smell of gas in some apartments and there was "shorting" in the electrical wiring. "
In addition, blocked toilets, leaking pipes (some in areas with electrical wiring), a lack of light fixtures in stairwells and "dirty floors in need of a massive clean" have been identified as problems.

http://www.sfgate.com/olympics/article/Olympic-Village-problems-disasters-Rio-athletes-8405813.php
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aYMKTL6-Tw
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL reminds me of when the Simpsons went to Brazil
View Quote
"Our money is so gay!"

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:25:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Must be rough if you're a athlete. The chance may not come again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF Austrailia these are not good enough for you
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#12]
a dismembered body washed up on the popular beach that will soon host beach volleyball events.
View Quote

You can pretend it's not the third world, but it will always be the third world.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:37:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Add Zika to the top and I'd be staying in a tent in the airport in a MOPP suit.
View Quote

Yep, MOPP Level 87
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aYMKTL6-Tw

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, it could be worse, could have Hyderabad or New Delhi hosting a summer olympics
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This will be better than the winter games in Russia.
View Quote

It's going to be a train wreck.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Didn't the Aussie contingent complain during the Olympic games in Japan because they weren't supplied with condoms that were a big enough size?

View Quote

Well, Asian penises are on the small side according to Mr. Bigalow

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Third world gonna third world.

It terrifies me that Embraers are built there.
View Quote
those jungle jets are built very very well
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#19]
What a fuckin train wreck Brazil s. Holy crap.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Unpossible.

3rd world builders are good workers.  Must be the architect's fault.  Ask your neighbor who had that extension built by ___TRUMP HATERS____.  

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd don't know why all the western world athletes refuse and go home.
To hell with globalism in any form
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]
What a giant clusterfuck.  Gotta feel sorry for the athletes who worked so hard to get to that point, and then to have to spend there time in a sewage infested dump.  

No doubt NBC will be telling us soon how perfect everything is down there.  A wonderful Olympics!  Please tune in to our 5,000 hrs of coverage so we don't have to reimburse all our advertisers!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What a giant clusterfuck.  Gotta feel sorry for the athletes who worked so hard to get to that point, and then to have to spend there time in a sewage infested dump.  

No doubt NBC will be telling us soon how perfect everything is down there.  A wonderful Olympics!  Please tune in to our 5,000 hrs of coverage so we don't have to reimburse all our advertisers!
View Quote

If you thought Costas's pinkeye before was bad...
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#25]

I've never understood why we don't build an Olympic venue somewhere and just have the Olympics there everytime.
I know it's a big deal for countries to host them but it's a huge waste of money recreating these venues every 4 years.
This is an example of what you get doing that also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:01:58 PM EDT
[#26]

You wouldn't think that people from a penal colony would be so damn picky.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Hold the Olympics in a toilet and be surprised when you're surrounded by shitty conditions.........go figure.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#28]
A friend of mine will be rowing. I hope he doesn't die from that shit.
 No,I literally hope he doesn't die chasing his Olympic dream paddling in a puddle of feces.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I have an extra  light bulb. Willing to trade for toilet flush handle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish the US would just boycott this olympics. we shouldn't be playing along with this corruption.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This will be better than the winter games in Russia.
View Quote

At least in Russia in the cold the shit wasn't rotting as fast..........
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:11:28 PM EDT
[#32]
At least the beaches are nice.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wish the US would just boycott this olympics. we shouldn't be playing along with this corruption.
View Quote

Wouldn't take much.

Obama was nursing epic level butthurt after the IOC ignored his sales pitch for Shitcago.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like Rio hasn't changed much since I was down there with the Navy in '72.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
poop thread..
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've never understood why we don't build an Olympic venue somewhere and just have the Olympics there everytime.
I know it's a big deal for countries to host them but it's a huge waste of money recreating these venues every 4 years.
This is an example of what you get doing that also.
View Quote

The graft brother, the graft and kickbacks.

The Olympic scam is the epitome of globalism douche corruption.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Terminate the Olympics.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Nothing like the smell of mutilated body parts on the beach in the morning

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#39]
sounds like its gonna be worse than Sochi.
feel bad for the athletes
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Hope Solo is ready !

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#41]
And this BEFORE the terrorists
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I listen to the radio maybe once a week as I drive my truck to work and they have all these fluff advertisements about the olympics.

Phelps and some no name female talking about how great it is and a unique experience.

I just shake my head and laugh.

Phelps next kid will make a naturally talented great swimmer when he has a no headed Zika baby.  Will probably be like the Coneheads daughter diving into the pool.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:48:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Just rent an ocean liner and park it off the coast.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#44]
By policy the Olympics should not be held in shitholes pretending to the modern western nations.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just rent an ocean liner and park it off the coast.
View Quote

They did that for the nasty-ass Katrina 'fugees.

I'm sure they can just find that ship, Lysol bomb it, and have it there in less than a week.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Remember that Muslim girl that's on the US fencing team, that's going to compete in a hijab?

It's gonna be ironic when she's the only one that doesn't come back with Zika because she kept covered.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#47]

Is her chocolate starfish ready too?

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#48]

..for anal!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'd don't know why all the western world athletes refuse and go home.
To hell with globalism in any form
View Quote

Because the olympics are fun and a pinnacle of competition and achievement. Maybe you're content with Wisconsin now, always, and forever. But lots of people like that whole new experiences and places thing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

I saw that they are putting 42 condoms in each room. Olympics of a different kind I assume.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top