Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/24/2016 1:00:58 PM EDT
We bought a Roomba 880 about a month ago. I am shocked at well this thing works.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the best features is that it forces you to pick up after yourself and de-clutter your floor to eliminate Roomba traps.

It's a must-have for anyone who owns fur pets IMO.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One of the best features is that it forces you to pick up after yourself and de-clutter your floor to eliminate Roomba traps.

View Quote

It took us about a week to realize where the Roomba traps were and correct them. We have 2 cats and a dog in the house and it's amazing well this thing cleans.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It took us about a week to realize where the Roomba traps were and correct them. We have 2 cats and a dog in the house and it's amazing well this thing cleans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not running one at the moment due to a construction project, but when I did I had two cats in the house, one being a longhair.  For the first few weeks the bin filled up completely every day.  After a while it started getting a little less than full, and the entire house was noticeably free of fur bunnies.  It got down to a nice plateau of cleanliness.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Until one of the fur pets takes a crap on the floor and the Roomba helpfully redistributes it all over the house for you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a wife .

She loves to clean.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, it's awesome.  I have one dog (boxer) that doesn't even shed that much, but the amount of hair that thing picks up is crazy.  I also have two little ones and the Roomba helps immensely with their crumbs.  

Definitely some of the best money we have spent in this house hold. My wife went from vacuuming 2 times a day, to every other day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Until one of the fur pets takes a crap on the floor and the Roomba helpfully redistributes it all over the house for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
RCC, any input on why you choose the 880 over one of the lesser models? The website doesn't do much to differentiate between them except "newer!, faster! better!"
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote
Or if you do leave something on the floor, Roomba may do a very good job of hiding it from you under the bed or the couch.
It's funny when Roomba traps itself in a room by closing a door.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#12]
We have a 650. I'm amazed at the amount of hair it picks up from the dogs. Cool gizmo. Doesn't replace deep cleaning but helps to keep the floors in decent shape between cleaning
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Always wanted one but could never bring myself to drop that kind of coin on a vacuum
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I think we are going to get one. Hardwood in most of the downstairs.

My inlaws have one. We named it Weebo. I wanted to paint it yellow and put an eye on it. They won't let me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#15]
The Dyson 360 Eye comes out next week. Blows the Roomba out of the water.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#16]
It's all fun and games until your dog has an accident
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's all fun and games until your dog has an accident
View Quote

accident my ass that dog did that on purpose out of sheer cussedness
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]
How much do those types of things run?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
RCC, any input on why you choose the 880 over one of the lesser models? The website doesn't do much to differentiate between them except "newer!, faster! better!"
View Quote

I was so confused trying to figure what the difference was between the models. So I bought the more expensive and hoped for the best.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Wish one would work in my house but it would be full in five minutes  I complete fill a Dyson twice a day with 2 cats, a 70 lb Catahoula, and especially my 70 lb Aussie.  Hair from hell!!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
For what, $899?

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Wife bought one for Christmas. Works well once all the Roomba traps are known.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:07:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For what, $899?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what, $899?  

Double that.  I could have a fleet of my roomba 650's for the price of one dyson.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#25]

Jesus. I could have a roomba in every room for that. Consumer Reports doesn't rate a lot of Dyson products that well.
But I love our Roomba. I got the "cheap" on on prime day. It does a great job. Will still need to do a deeper clean every now and then but DEFINITELY keeps things much cleaner
Quoted:

Amazon lists them for almost $1600  Too rich for my blood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what, $899?  

Amazon lists them for almost $1600  Too rich for my blood.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shit, my wife wants one, but we have kids, who leave their toys everywhere.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:30:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
This

we have a dog and two cats, this thing was the best money we have ever spent on a vacuum.

Our house has no carpet and ours is awesome!!!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Double that.  I could have a fleet of my roomba 650's for the price of one dyson.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For what, $899?  

We have had the 560 for over 6 years now. In that time, I have replaced the main roller brushes once, the circular spinning brush every three months or so (the arms break off after awhile because it hits one of the wheels as it spins), the battery, and the spinning brush motor after the threaded insert that holds the spinning brush stripped out, which turned out to be the hub of one of the plastic gears. It was cheaper to buy a whole new assembly. I would say that we have gotten more than our money's worth, and if you are at all handy with tools you can keep these things running for quite a while.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, my wife wants one, but we have kids, who leave their toys everywhere.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Easy solution is to teach the kids how to pick up their toys. At 1 1/2 to 2 years old, you can make a game of it and it is "fun".
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can see into the future?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:51:15 PM EDT
[#30]

no pets currently, but I've been running an 880 for about six months now...amazed about how much dust, dander, and hair it picks up....I keep a can of air duster handy for blowing out the filter, works great!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Fuckin fanboys. Not even released and it beat the competition.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Can they transition from hardwood floors to rug and back as they clean?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Get back to us after a year or so. It will mar all of your baseboards, doors, and door jams. Unless of course you like rounded corners and painting, sanding every 6 months.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:25:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

^ This plus what are the reports on carpet?  Does it shut off once the bin is full or will it keep going and perhaps "burn itself out"?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Battery non replacable and will eventually fail
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

anyone with a little technical aptitude can replace a battery in one of those.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:36:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For what, $899?  

Lol I was just joking when I said 899. Little did I know....

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:37:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

As stated above, I replaced the battery on mine. Four screws and the bottom cover, took all of ten minutes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:37:09 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

How much do those types of things run?
View Quote
We got ours on the Amazon prime sale for $250. Regularly $350 I think. Your can spend double that on their top of the line model though

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine made it two years. Worth the cost? Debatable.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:05:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Waiting for the dyson
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt it.
I sold my Dyson DC07.  I think my Shark Rocket is better and it's a stick vacuum.
Now those aren't robot vacuums, I get that.  But to me the Dyson products seem ok but their price and reputation both seem disproportionately high.  I was happy with my DC07 for a while but finally I realized it really wasn't that good.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
This

we have a dog and two cats, this thing was the best money we have ever spent on a vacuum.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

How much dog hair does it hold? I'd be afraid I would come home and the thing blew up
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Bought one for the wife's birthday last year. At first she thought, bought me a vacuum? Took about a week for her to realize it's the greatest gift ever. Bought her mom one for Christmas.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#47]

My Roomba definitely picks up a lot of dust/dirt/hair based on emptying the bin but I have to admit that video makes the Dyson seem pretty awesome.

It's unfortunate that the height will prevent it from going under some furniture but if you want a powerful motor and decent capacity battery it has to go somewhere.

I guess I'll watch the reviews over the next few months and just might consider one.  I have been considering a second Roomba so I don't have to carry the one between floors.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I love mine.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My Roomba definitely picks up a lot of dust/dirt/hair based on emptying the bin but I have to admit that video makes the Dyson seem pretty awesome.

It's unfortunate that the height will prevent it from going under some furniture but if you want a powerful motor and decent capacity battery it has to go somewhere.

I guess I'll watch the reviews over the next few months and just might consider one.  I have been considering a second Roomba so I don't have to carry the one between floors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Great observation, I have found that the roomba does great in the toe kick of the cabinets in the kitchen.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top