Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#1]
beautiful family, looks like wife's a great gal. Frankly I have never paid too much attention to drunks. If you punch them out they won't feel it until much later. Stupid people are just that, drunk stupid people are just distilled.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have heard the term "monkey" used by many, many people referring to babies of every race.
View Quote

that defense didn't work out well for howard Cosell.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have heard the term "monkey" used by many, many people referring to babies of every race.
View Quote

Same here.

I called MY (white) kids that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Assault and battery is justified because freedom of speech? Fighting two drunk guys in front of your wife, kids, and MIL at the fair over a possible racial slur sounds like a really stupid idea. Jail time, court dates, legal fees, and getting tagged with a charge while your youngest is two weeks old is not the ideal way to raise a family.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assholes....that is who!
That's grounds for a beat down in my book. Fucking assholes ruin everything!  

Assault and battery is justified because freedom of speech? Fighting two drunk guys in front of your wife, kids, and MIL at the fair over a possible racial slur sounds like a really stupid idea. Jail time, court dates, legal fees, and getting tagged with a charge while your youngest is two weeks old is not the ideal way to raise a family.

If he fought everyone that made a racial slur, he would be tired............and often.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yea because a woman who had a kid 2 weeks ago is a great judge of emotion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
dont you guys think OP and wife have the mental acuity to discern whether 'little monkey' was said with malice or affection?  putting the wife to tears is a clue.....

Yea because a woman who had a kid 2 weeks ago is a great judge of emotion.

My wife never had postpartum depression. She did really well after birthing. One of her girlfreinds it was extremely bad. Hormones were all over the board and she had some real depression issues. It was very sad to see in such a bad state. After each child, it seemed to be a little less.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If he fought everyone that made a racial slur, he would be tired............and often.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assholes....that is who!

He can hire Shaun King to help out
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#7]
I call babies little monkeys all the time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I call babies little monkeys all the time.
View Quote

That's because you are racist.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Assholes....that is who!

Fistfight with baby on board.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Might have just called your kid a monkey cause she's a  kid. Just like they're called rugrats. Probably took it the wrong way. If I saw that baby I don't think I'd even realize she was biracial.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Cute baby is cute..  Congrats

Also to hell with the jerks!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just read all six pages of this thread hoping that this would be explained, but apparently everyone already knows what the racist term for 'broken bottle' is.

For someone who doesn't know, can I get that explained?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My grandma called all of us little monkeys.
Might not have meant to been racist but it probably was.

Depends, what did she call a broken bottle?

I just read all six pages of this thread hoping that this would be explained, but apparently everyone already knows what the racist term for 'broken bottle' is.

For someone who doesn't know, can I get that explained?

From the movie Clerks 2.

Dante Hicks: It wasn't cute, it was racist!

Randal Graves: I disagree, man. She was just an old-timer. That's the way people talked back then. It didn't mean they were racists. [thinks for a moment] But my grandmother did refer to a broken beer bottle once as a n****r knife.

[Dante is flabbergasted]

Randal Graves: You know, come to think of it, my grandmother was kind of a racist.

Dante Hicks: You think?!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#13]
My kid is half Asian. I get it too. Almost exclusively from Asian people.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry OP, but honestly, f those guys. I think you are beating them in the game of life and thats all that matters.

V
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#15]
I think there's a whole lot of unnecessary butthurt going on in here.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't mean it wasn't bullshit.

Tapes of Cosell calling white athletes monkeys have since been dug up.

His enemies found an issue with which to try to attack him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Same here. I was called a little monkey many times as a child.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My girlfriends kiddos are butt monkeys.

I would have to profile them to see how white trash they were before getting overly mad.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:20:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My thought as well. But I'm a terminal optimist and give everyone the benefit of the doubt

Hopefully just a misunderstanding. But just in case it wasn't.... Fuck those assholes

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My thought as well. But I'm a terminal optimist and give everyone the benefit of the doubt

Hopefully just a misunderstanding. But just in case it wasn't.... Fuck those assholes

+1

Racial slurs say nothing about the person it is directed at. They say a great deal about the person who made the racial slur.

If the assholes said "I am stupid, ignorant ass," would you have gotten upset? Because that is all they said.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Fairs bring out the real trash, it's an overtime lottery for local LEO's. Congrats on the new addition!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#20]
That sux! Sorry it happened.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Man, that's terrible.  Keep working on their minds so they don't get affected by the losers who do this stuff.
Raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

God Bless!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We adopted both of our kids. Our son is from Africa and our daughter is biracial. My wife is Irish with red hair and freckles and I probably look like Powder, just with more hair, because I have a mild sun allergy. We get comments all the time. ALL THE TIME. People have said we adopted our son so he could be our 'chauffeur' or 'house slave' and others have come right out and asked why we got a n*gger baby when there are white kids that need help.

People have started laughing within earshot of us and said things like, "I can't believe he stayed with her anyway." "Maybe he's colorblind or something." and "Maybe the dad is actually an albino black man."  That was a recent one at the grocery store.

If we go out as a family three times a week you can be sure that someone will be an asshole at least once.

If my black son walks away from me to look at something in the store and mind you . . . he's 8, he will come back being followed more often than not. He also gets questions even if I'm standing right there, like 'Where are your parents? What are you doing? Do you have money to pay for that?"

It's ridiculous. It's real. I see it happen so often that it turns my stomach. A grown ass man told my little boy he was so black he looked like a 'struck match' and that if he didn't smile in the dark and kept his eyes closed then he'd be invisible. That was at a restaurant buffet a while back. I'm teaching my son to ignore this shit and not to reply back, but I followed that guy into the bathroom and told him exactly what I thought of him and what would happen if he said another word to my kid.

And no, I'm not sharing this for attention or sympathy. I'm sharing because racism, whether you want to believe it or not, is alive and well and thriving. I've mentioned a few of these instances years ago. It still happens. Too often. It's repulsive.

Man, that's terrible.  Keep working on their minds so they don't get affected by the losers who do this stuff.
Raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

God Bless!

Well said.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This..  I call my baby a little monkey sometimes.  Seems to me you heard and interpreted their comment the way you wanted to.  Everyone seems to be looking for hate nowadays
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Congratulations on having a healthy, cute, little girl to raise.

Spend as much time with her as possible because the next thing you know she will be grown.
Besides, I have never heard anyone say "I spent way too much time with my kids" when they left home for college.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed

Not to say that OP did not encounter bigoted a$$clowns, but if I told my wife that a baby was clinging to a parent like a little monkey I would not mean it in a racial fashion at all.

OP, great pic of you and your daughter
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Cute baby!

Sorry that happened to you. People are assholes, take solace in knowing that some day they'll get theirs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Your wife and MIL didn't deserve that OP, and neither did you.  It was either malicious, or said in poor taste.  Neither are acceptable.

The good news is your ARF family loves you and your family:  Seven pages of reaching out to let you know you're appreciated and you have value here.

Thanks for being part of our community.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fistfight with baby on board.
View Quote

Makes the saying' "he was mad enough to punch a baby in the face," a new meaning.

"Ya officer. My buddy and I were having a good time having a few drinks and taking to a couple nice gals. We headed to go get a funnel cake and take a leak when this guy with a baby mounted to him got all in our face about somethin. Calling us racist and stuff. I don't even remember ever seeing him before. His wife was all crying and it got kinda weird quick. Not sure what happened. But then he hit me and kicked my buddy in the shin. So I tried to defend myself when he came at me again and I accidentally punched his baby in the face."
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:12:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What the hell? Who says that about an infant?
View Quote

Dude, sorry to hear.

Unfortunately, this won't be the last time. Racist tards still exist, some of them even here. Reasonable people should call them out at every opportunity.

I have a friend with a black wife and woke up to "n***** lover" and a swastika on his drive way one day.

Stay strong.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#30]

I have a question....

Why were you at a fair with a newborn? 2 weeks old seems awful young to go into a loud, germ filled environment.

Legit question cause I really thought you weren't supposed to take babies that young out into crowds.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#31]
non verbals when they said it would be a dead giveaway..I have mixed kids and I could see it being said both ways ...but I'd know the difference if I were there
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Same here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Same here.

Same here. I didn't know I politically incorrect nor do I care.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Try to avoid places that are "free admittance" to everyone or of low cost.

IE : county fairs, wal-mart, wine festivals, beer festivals, large public social gatherings etc

Seriously, you would stop encountering these people almost instantly if you did that. You want to see some ignorant and stupid people? Hold an open air concert in the park and give away a free t shirt to everyone. Guaranteed there will be at least 3 fights, 2 domestic abuse incidents, 10 bulgaries, 20 shouting matches and at least one sexual assault. Oh yea, and no parking.

Have the same concert but charge everyone $20 bucks to enter and the B.S. starts to drop magically.
View Quote

And that's a fact!
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Try to avoid places that are "free admittance" to everyone or of low cost.

IE : county fairs, wal-mart, wine festivals, beer festivals, large public social gatherings etc

Seriously, you would stop encountering these people almost instantly if you did that. You want to see some ignorant and stupid people? Hold an open air concert in the park and give away a free t shirt to everyone. Guaranteed there will be at least 3 fights, 2 domestic abuse incidents, 10 bulgaries, 20 shouting matches and at least one sexual assault. Oh yea, and no parking.

Have the same concert but charge everyone $20 bucks to enter and the B.S. starts to drop magically.
View Quote
A lot more than I was going to say but pretty much covers it.

How do you calculate the IQ of a mob? Take the average IQ and divide it by the number in the mob.

Then divide by 10 if alcohol is involved.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, sometimes I even refer to myself, jokingly as a "dumb monkey". *Shrug*
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Congrats on the beautiful baby!  Lucky man to have a gorgeous wife who hits the range with you.  Enjoy life, and don't look for opportunities to be offended by stupid people.  You will be exhausted! :)

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:45:51 PM EDT
[#37]
OP you have a beautiful family, thanks for posting photos.  I gotta say it though, this is a shitty world filled with hateful morons who will continue to say things about your family for as long as you are around to hear it.  Just ignore them and know you are blessed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have a question....

Why were you at a fair with a newborn? 2 weeks old seems awful young to go into a loud, germ filled environment.

Legit question cause I really thought you weren't supposed to take babies that young out into crowds.

View Quote

their body language looked to me like " look at this dumb fuck carrying her up front"

besides the carrier we had her stroller for her as well
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:50:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad your family wasn't walking somewhere where cracked up BLM,Bloods,Crips or MS-18 weren't roaming around looking for folks to terrorize.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Op.. You have a beautiful family!

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#41]
One of my sons favorite books right now.

Not trying to interpret what OP experienced, just sayin'...and I'm certainly not taking the default ARFcom position of "racism does not exist" or the even better "you're the real racist for thinking they were racist".  I'm surprised OP has been accused yet, frankly.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:57:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
their body language looked to me like " look at this dumb fuck carrying her up front"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a question....

Huh???

I think you answered someone else's question.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I hope her feelings can recover.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#44]
All babies are chunky monkeys.

We also refer to all other cute babies in public as little monkeys.

FWIW
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You mean drunk people may forget that they have to be painstakingly hypersensitive of the possibility that they may possibly offend someone?

Unless the were using some sort of overtly hostile body language, the phrase the OP recollects is a very common and innocent reference to small children.
View Quote

I'm going with this.  We call our kid a monkey all the time.  They may have just thought your kiddo was cute in the carrier.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fuck those guys, forget them and enjoy your beautiful family.

View Quote

This, a lot of assholes in the world. Shake it off and enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:10:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I was going to say the same thing. In Hawai'i it's not uncommon at all to hear that at all. I actually have fond memories of my dad calling me a "little monkey" when I was kid.

However, I don't live where you do, so if you considered it a slur, then fuck those two assholes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to say the same thing. In Hawai'i it's not uncommon at all to hear that at all. I actually have fond memories of my dad calling me a "little monkey" when I was kid.

However, I don't live where you do, so if you considered it a slur, then fuck those two assholes.

I agree that at times I have heard kids referred to as "monkeys" with no intended slur. Hell, my grandfather used to call us kids "house apes" ... I never truly understood that, until I had children of my own.

I am assuming the OP experienced something a bit more corse and vulgar if his wife was upset like that.

Cute kiddo, OP... to hell with the haters.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Fuck those assholes.

Tell your wife that Arfcom has your back.

FWIF I call my three Lilly white kids "monkeys" all the time.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#49]
My son is about as white as can be, I call him monkey several times a day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Me too.  I did not hear the way it was said to the OP, so I cannot say it was used the same way.

FWIW, I was 'monkey', youngest sister was 'rooster', middle sister was 'rabbit', and oldest sister was 'squirrel'.  No idea why or how the nicknames were assigned.

Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top