Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been arrested twice, and got treated with respect both times. Hell, when I got my DUI when I was 18, the cop at the station took me out back and handcuffed me to a rail so I could smoke cigarettes while I waited on my dad to come bail me out. Probably helped that it was a slow night, and he had been SRO at my high school and already knew me, and he was also a smoker.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot more to the story.

Unfortunate.

In the long run they should require classes in schools to illustrate how to interact with police.

Getting out of your car is the first mistake.

Talking and not listening gets things further south.

Most people don't want to spend all day getting written up and cops don't want it either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Mindset, shit there is no mind involved.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lot more to the story.

Unfortunate.

In the long run they should require classes in schools to illustrate how to interact with police.
View Quote

I agree. Cops act as if everybody should somehow automatically know how to behave. People have been shot as a result of perfectly innocent actions which were erroneously perceived as threatening by a cop.

I'm very fortunate to not have encountered any of the fearful, trigger-happy cops seen in videos during the years before I learned what to do -- and more importantly -- what not to do when interacting with police.

But, I learned those lessons mainly as a result of being educated by friends in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 2:07:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An ordinance violation never warrants a violent response, no matter how non-compliant the suspect is. Don't want to talk to the police? Ticket's in the mail. Don't want to pull over? Ticket's in the mail. Pull over and act respectably? Maybe we'll cut you a break.

View Quote

I don't think you've thought this out.  Who you sending the ticket to if you don't get them to stop and comply.

I've seen some stupid stuff proposed but this is nearly perfect.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top