User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If Trump loses, Cruz will be blamed.

He's gambling that Trump *wins* in November and is a shit-show of a president.

That's the best outcome for Cruz.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Question I asked in another thread

Quoted:

All of this back-and-forth
<g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="25" data-gr-id="25">aisde</g>:

What is Cruz's goal?

Politicians don't so much as whisper unless there's a point to it, and he's not whispering

He is gambling that Trump does not win in Nov. That way he can say "I told you so" and use it
<g class="gr_ gr_26 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="26" data-gr-id="26">to</g> his political gain, and if Trump wins, and is a failure in office, the same. So what would be the worst for Cruz, is if Trump wins, and then "Makes America Great Again". Which would be a win for us
<g class="gr_ gr_27 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="27" data-gr-id="27">all.</g> Politics at it's finest.

I won't be blaming Cruz.  I'll be blaming the low information GoP members who came out of the woodwork to vote for such a man.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
He's nothing more than an Orange version of Hugo Chavez, right down to his promises of a purge. You wanted Turd World politics, here it comes...
View Quote
hurrrrrr;-,'. derfrrrppt
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I won't be blaming Cruz.  I'll be blaming the low information GoP members who came out of the woodwork to vote for such a man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

they wont notice you blaming them over the sound of Monday night raw
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Cruz is a weasel and he would never have won the presidency

Find a new hero
View Quote

Trump is an idiot and will never win the presidency

Find a new hero
See how this works?

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Just sad, folks. Cruz came out in cheers and left in boos.

The speech was nothing but a Tex Grebner moment.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

it does not matter anymore.

Hillary will be the next POTUS.

Unfortunately.
View Quote

Agreed.

The only good thing might be an increased share of the vote to the Libertarian party to make them more viable in the future.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Trump will lose because of Trump and his insufferable followers.  Seriously, you guys make me dislike Trump more than he could ever do on his own... it's like watching a bunch of raving mad college football fans embarrass themselves and thereby giving the team a bad name in the process.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately.

Thanks to these fuckers
http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee401/bigsyke/never_zpsenxwq17q.jpg
Trump will lose because of Trump and his insufferable followers.  Seriously, you guys make me dislike Trump more than he could ever do on his own... it's like watching a bunch of raving mad college football fans embarrass themselves and thereby giving the team a bad name in the process.  

Agreed. Because of that analogy I now think of Trump supporters as the raving mad Penn State kids who tore up the town in defense of a rapist.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok.
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but can you elaborate on that?

I'm not sure I completely understand what 'trap' is being suggested, and more importantly, to what end exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of the Senator's supporters are making it seem that he participated in laying a trap - for himself.

I would venture a guess and say that they have no idea how that appears to people who aren't committed to the Senator.

Ok.

I'm not sure I completely understand what 'trap' is being suggested, and more importantly, to what end exactly.

He wrote a speech. He delivered it to the Trump campaign 2 hours before he gave it before the convention.

The Trump campaign allegedly used the time to organize people to boo him.

If it was a trap, he helped them set it.

What do you think of a politician who can be so easily maneuvered into actions which are against his interest?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Agreed.

The only good thing might be an increased share of the vote to the Libertarian party to make them more viable in the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately.

Agreed.

Yeah, but they're going to have to come up with someone better than open-borders Johnson.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fuck Cruz. This country is in a knife fight for our very existence and Cruz is playing high and mighty? Fuck that guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for Ted. It's refreshing to see a politician that doesn't pander to the crowd in front of them.

Fuck Cruz. This country is in a knife fight for our very existence and Cruz is playing high and mighty? Fuck that guy.

No shit, Fuck Cruz and the bag of milk he rode in on
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ain't that the fucking truth.

The RNC has been turned into a WWE event, orchestrated by the headliner the "MANGO MAULER"!  
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

He left in boos because he told the convention to get out and vote for the candidates who will support and defend the Constitution.

Pretty telling about the new Republican Party,

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He wrote a speech. He delivered it to the Trump campaign 2 hours before he gave it before the convention.

What do you think of a politician who can be so easily maneuvered into actions which are against his interest?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of the Senator's supporters are making it seem that he participated in laying a trap - for himself.

I would venture a guess and say that they have no idea how that appears to people who aren't committed to the Senator.

Ok.

Thanks for that.
Based largely on unknowns and assumptions, but possibly the most reasonable explaination I've read yet
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well there is the small matter that for DECADES NATO members have not kept their military spending commitments. Which means they are more weakened and less able to defend their borders...which invites an aggressive opponent like Vlad. They rely on US military commitments to keep them safe, despite their unwillingness to pay for their own defense. So at what does the US say, "Nahhh fuck that if you are not willing to fight and pay for soldiers why should be bear the burdens for your defense". Honestly this shit should have been tamped down decades ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
cruz made a pledge.  it was worth nothing.
Isn't Trump campaigning on the idea that pledges can be renegotiated at any time?

Yes, he is. Particularly his statement about how if a NATO member were attacked, we would only respond after taking a look at whether or not that member had "honored their obligations to us."

Sounds like a recipe for World War III to me, but hey, he's orange, and he talks tough.

Well there is the small matter that for DECADES NATO members have not kept their military spending commitments. Which means they are more weakened and less able to defend their borders...which invites an aggressive opponent like Vlad. They rely on US military commitments to keep them safe, despite their unwillingness to pay for their own defense. So at what does the US say, "Nahhh fuck that if you are not willing to fight and pay for soldiers why should be bear the burdens for your defense". Honestly this shit should have been tamped down decades ago.

So you Trump guys are isolationists? Is Trump? Genuine question here.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Article written by a #nevertrump shill.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]
It's going to be pretty interesting a few weeks down the line, if, as I suspect, Trump's polling shows him not having a hope against Clinton.

Many here will blame Cruz - for what - turning people against Trump?  How could he do
<g class="gr_ gr_145 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="145" data-gr-id="145">that.</g>  If Trump loses the loss is down to him.

As can be seen in this thread many here will say that their fellow Arfcommers are to blame for not voting for Trump - like our number mean a damn.

If he loses, he loses because he himself lost, by his word and deed.

I will not be voting for
<g class="gr_ gr_281 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="281" data-gr-id="281">Trump,</g> unless something amazing happens between now and then.  I'm not a party hack, I'm not just going to vote R regardless.

I think the Presidency is lost but I will be doing my utmost to make sure that the House and the Senate stay where they are as the only buffer against a Clinton Presidency.

Who do I blame?  Well Trump himself obviously, but also those
<g class="gr_ gr_491 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="491" data-gr-id="491">first time</g> party members who signed up to the party and voted for him on the basis of his boorish celebrity.  The Dems have the FSA, we've got them.  With a bit of
<g class="gr_ gr_625 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="625" data-gr-id="625">luck</g> they will let their R membership lapse and not contend the next election.

People like me will continue to get a lot of hate, but we fucking told you we weren't voting for Trump - you knew that going in, and anyway, I don't believe there is enough of us to make a difference.  But if there are ... then that's on you for not listening to us and then leaving us the fuck alone after you made your immature choice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
He left in boos because he told the convention to get out and vote for the candidates who will support and defend the Constitution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep telling yourself that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It's going to be pretty interesting a few weeks down the line, if, as I suspect, Trump's polling shows him not having a hope against Clinton.

Many here will blame Cruz - for what - turning people against Trump?  How could he do <g class="gr_ gr_145 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="145" data-gr-id="145">that.</g>  If Trump loses the loss is down to him.

As can be seen in this thread many here will say that their fellow Arfcommers are to blame for not voting for Trump - like our number mean a damn.

I will not be voting for <g class="gr_ gr_281 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="281" data-gr-id="281">Trump,</g> unless something amazing happens between now and then.  I'm not a party hack, I'm not just going to vote R regardless.

I think the Presidency is lost but I will be doing my utmost to make sure that the House and the Senate stay where they are as the only buffer against a Clinton Presidency.

Who do I blame?  Well Trump himself obviously, but also those <g class="gr_ gr_491 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="491" data-gr-id="491">first time</g> party members who signed up to the party and voted for him on the basis of his boorish celebrity.  The Dems have the FSA, we've got them.  With a bit of <g class="gr_ gr_625 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="625" data-gr-id="625">luck</g> they will let their R membership lapse and not contend the next election.

People like me will continue to get a lot of hate, but we fucking told you we weren't voting for Trump - you knew that going in, and anyway, I don't believe there is enough of us to make a difference.  But if there are ... then that's on you for not listening to us and then leaving us the fuck alone after you made your immature choice.
View Quote

He's polling better than Clinton right now.

Literally living in a fantasy world.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Many here will blame Cruz - for what - turning people against Trump?  How could he do <g class="gr_ gr_145 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation multiReplace" id="145" data-gr-id="145">that.</g>  If Trump loses the loss is down to him.

I will not be voting for <g class="gr_ gr_281 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="281" data-gr-id="281">Trump,</g> unless something amazing happens between now and then.  I'm not a party hack, I'm not just going to vote R regardless.

Who do I blame?  Well Trump himself obviously, but also those <g class="gr_ gr_491 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="491" data-gr-id="491">first time</g> party members who signed up to the party and voted for him on the basis of his boorish celebrity.  The Dems have the FSA, we've got them.  With a bit of <g class="gr_ gr_625 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="625" data-gr-id="625">luck</g> they will let their R membership lapse and not contend the next election.

View Quote

Throwing a tantrum because your candidate didn't get the nomination, and sitting out the election.   You guys are fucking unbelievable. The country is going down the tubes, we have SC justice appointments at stake and you guys are crying in the corner because you didn't get your way. No, I will blame people like you when Hillary gets elected and the Second Amendment is destroyed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Throwing a tantrum because your candidate didn't get the nomination, and sitting out the election.   You guys are fucking unbelievable. The country is going down the tubes, we have SC justice appointments at stake and you guys are crying in the corner because you didn't get your way. No, I will blame people like you when Hillary gets elected and the Second Amendment is destroyed.
View Quote

We know you'll blame everyone else. That's what Trump pushers do.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You ASSumed I was a Trump supporter and you are incorrect. I support him now because is our nominee and there are Supreme Court Justice appointments at stake. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not going to pout in a corner because the candidate I supported is not the nominee and allow Hillary to win without at least trying.

Bickering over who holds the "R" nomination at this point is useless and serves no purpose. I will do what I do every cycle and support the candidate the party nominated.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been assured by Trump supporters in several threads that Cruz was definitely talking about Hillary as the candidate who will support and defend the Constitution, and was specifically not talking about Trump.  It's all very confusing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:28:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No, it didn't help Trump.  It made him look like the bully and prick he is.  He viciously attacked Cruz's family, knew beforehand he wouldn't get his endorsement (and rightfully so), and orchestrated the boos.  Taking to Twitter about it immediately after isn't "shrugging it off gracefully"... saying nothing would have been better if that was how he wanted to come off.  

And no, "We, The People" didn't choose Trump.  He got 42% of the vote; that's what educated people refer to as a "minority".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whatever the back story, it helped Trump.

The image is that Cruz has hurt feelings, doesn't support the nominee that We, The People selected, and the crowd turned on him, all while the nominee shrugged it off gracefully.

Planned, or spontaneous, it benefits Trump and makes the only guy I want for Supreme Court look like a dickbutt.
No, it didn't help Trump.  It made him look like the bully and prick he is.  He viciously attacked Cruz's family, knew beforehand he wouldn't get his endorsement (and rightfully so), and orchestrated the boos.  Taking to Twitter about it immediately after isn't "shrugging it off gracefully"... saying nothing would have been better if that was how he wanted to come off.  

And no, "We, The People" didn't choose Trump.  He got 42% of the vote; that's what educated people refer to as a "minority".

We got ChumpedTM because too many gope losers were in the race. The vote was split into too many pieces and Chump was the beneficiary.

I will hold my nose, try to not vomit, and vote for the Chumpster.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I swear, I'm torn. The media makes me want to vote for trump but the mindless trmpettes here, and elsewhere make we want to vote for the crazy libertarian guy. They don't realize it's their hate and spite that are tearing the party apart, not the fact that Ted didn't have the courtesy to give the Don a reach around like they wanted.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:04:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
cruz made a pledge.  it was worth nothing.
Isn't Trump campaigning on the idea that pledges can be renegotiated at any time?

Yes, he is. Particularly his statement about how if a NATO member were attacked, we would only respond after taking a look at whether or not that member had "honored their obligations to us."

Sounds like a recipe for World War III to me, but hey, he's orange, and he talks tough.

No, how about allies who committed to providing for a minimum level of their own defense actually meet that level if they want the umbrella of protection that being an ally provides.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Reagan didn't endorse Ford in 1976, and he went on to win two landslides in '80 and '84.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That article is based on what information source? Further they are delusional if they think this backfired on trump. It wasn't just Trump plants in the crowd booing Ted. I voted for Cruz in the primary and I am very disappointed in him as well. To me not endorsing seems like a petty sore loser move in an election this important. Getting ready for a run at 2020? He burned those bridges.
Reagan didn't endorse Ford in 1976, and he went on to win two landslides in '80 and '84.  

Reagan did not formally use the term “I endorse” when speaking about Ford, but he clearly called for a Ford victory.  He said  “We must go forth from here united, determined that what a great general said a few years ago is true: There is no substitute for victory, Mr. President”.
Ford even called Reagan his good friend.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbvIo9Lebrc

Where was that message of unity in the Cruz speech?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
thats it. i have fucking had it with the a-hole trumproids.

fuck it, im voting hillary instead of just staying at home.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:38:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:02:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
thats it. i have fucking had it with the a-hole trumproids.

fuck it, im voting hillary instead of just staying at home.
View Quote

There you have it folks.  The first Cruzbot to declare for Hillary. (at least that I've noticed on this forum)
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
To me it spoke volumes that Cruz was booed when he encouraged people to vote for a candidate who will defend the Constitution.  It means they automatically understood that there is a disconnect between this candidate and that document. They would have cheered that line if they thought Trump was the guy to fit that role.

Well, maybe Trump can start writing Article XII. I'm sure it will have lots of words. Really great words.

You Trumpers own the disaster that is coming in November, whichever way the election goes. YOU have brought this upon our nation.
View Quote

Cruz was booed because he is a piece of shit liar.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 6:10:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Everybody saw a lier that day. You can't spin it. Cruz lost all creditability when he didn't endorse Trump. He could have said "I endorse Trump because I made a promise on national TV. For the rest of vote your conscience." Cruz is a man without honor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:05:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To me it spoke volumes that Cruz was booed when he encouraged people to vote for a candidate who will defend the Constitution.  It means they automatically understood that there is a disconnect between this candidate and that document. They would have cheered that line if they thought Trump was the guy to fit that role.

Well, maybe Trump can start writing Article XII. I'm sure it will have lots of words. Really great words.

You Trumpers own the disaster that is coming in November, whichever way the election goes. YOU have brought this upon our nation.

He was booed because the crowd was told to boo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

A man without honor would be one who endorses someone who made repeated personal attacks on his wife and father, then rolled over like a puppy hoping to get its belly scratched.

If I were in that position and endorsed that buffoon I wouldn't be able to look my family in the eye.

Some of you guys have really shallow ideas of what manhood is.  Pitiful.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everybody saw a lier that day. You can't spin it. Cruz lost all creditability when he didn't endorse Trump. He could have said "I endorse Trump because I made a promise on national TV. For the rest of vote your conscience." Cruz is a man without honor.

A man without honor would be one who endorses someone who made repeated personal attacks on his wife and father, then rolled over like a puppy hoping to get its belly scratched.

If I were in that position and endorsed that buffoon I wouldn't be able to look my family in the eye.

Some of you guys have really shallow ideas of what manhood is.  Pitiful.

This.

Trump made the same pledge and broke it. He said he changed his mind essentially.

LGK, if you pledged to support someone, and then a month later that someone said your wife was an ugly bitch with a slut face, and said your elderly dad took part in a murder and presidential assassination, to the whole world....I have a feeling you wouldn't be honoring that "pledge" either. You'd be a piece of shit politician if you did.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:06:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Article written by a #nevertrump shill.
View Quote

Sounds more like a Democrat operative shill........oh wait.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You know, I was a cruz fan early on. It was always him or trump for me. But the further we went the less I liked cruz.

Side note. Bush II, Mcshitstain, Wrongny.....REAL American conservatives have been consistently asked to support face republicans for years. And I know I have, grudgingly, and voted for the party establishment (rino) pick. THIS time, the establishment did not get their way, and for the first time, did NOT get their pick. And they refuse to do what they have forced us to do for years? Screw them. If thats our party, then it deserves to fail.

Last night he committed suicide. He has drank from the cup of Beck, and now believes he is Christ-like and that only HE can save America. Bottom line, I am not sure ANYONE can save us now. But herein lies the huge catastrophic mistake he made last night:

He should have united the party. He alone could have. Trump would have embraced him, possibly included him somehow, maybe nominated for the Supremes.....All that is gone. If trump wins, then SCREW cruz. Screw all of the GOP who refused to back the nom. Cruz is so damned narcissistic that he decided last night to fuck the GOP and our country out of spite for trump. He THINKS he gains.....But if hitlery wins in a few months because the GOP is not united, its cruzes fault. No one elses. Trump won. Period. Be a man and deal with it. Had Cruz done right by America and the GOP and tried to unite the party last night, his sins and mistakes this campaign would have been forgiven by me and many. Instead, he made it a chance to basically ask people to 'vote their conscience' (him) in November. His way of asking people to still vote for him without asking. I am enraged at him.

Hitlery will finish off the job King Barack started. Again, I am not sure it is recoverable now. But if trump loses, it for sure isn't.

All of you voting the Hitler ticket out of spite for trump are no longer Americans. Gop or not. You have two choices: America, the Constitution, or Hitler and fascism/socialism, wealth redistribution, losing the supreme court (our last bastion of hope), ignoring the constitution. If push really does come to shove, and the next civil war kicks off in a couple years as a result of a hitler election, no cruz supporter will ever be welcome with me.
View Quote

Not the first time.  1980 was the first time. Look how that turned out. The GOPe did NOT like RR.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:25:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, it's why Conservatives lose, they are too damn particular.  They do not espouse that perfect is the enemy of good enough.  
They lose sight of you can't accomplish a damn thing if you don't win.  It's a knife fight in a closet for Pete's sake.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Cruz has been outed for what he is. A petty sore loser who cares more about himself then America. I would never vote for that man.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

From here.

So, as the dust settles from the chaos that broke out on the convention floor over Senator Ted Cruz’s (R-TX) speech failing to openly endorse Donald Trump, here are some facts upon which to reflect:

1. Donald Trump knew Cruz’s speech text in advance.

2. Cruz told Trump two days in advance that he would not endorse him.

3. The speech itself congratulated Trump on winning the nomination, ripped Hillary Clinton, extolled freedom, and then told Americans to vote their conscience.

4. When Cruz gave the pre-approved speech clearly ripping Hillary and telling Americans to vote based on principle, Trump minions reportedly began whipping the crowd into boos. Paul Manafort reportedly "grinned and chuckled when asked by Mark Halperin if Trump aides encouraged boos of Cruz from the floor.”

5. Trump obviously knew what was coming, too, and entered the arena as Cruz concluded his speech, before Cruz was booed off the stage.

Trump has now tweeted out a slap at Cruz: "Ted Cruz booed off the stage, didn’t honor the pledge! I saw his speech two hours early but let him speak anyway. No big deal!” Sean Spicer of the pathetic Republican National Convention said that he was "hoping for better,” even though the text was pre-screened. Donald Trump Jr. appeared with Sean Hannity to exclaim, "The best unity I saw was everyone booing [Cruz] off the stage.”

So, to summarize, Trump knew what was coming, apparently planned the boos, and planned to take advantage of the situation in order to vindictively rip open a Republican rift that hurts his own campaign, and cast Cruz as a traitor.

Then he lied about it.

And he did it all because he despises Ted Cruz, because he’s a petty man, and because he’s a stupid boor.

Here’s the amazing truth: had Trump merely instructed his fans to keep clapping throughout Cruz’s speech, it would have looked like the "suggested” endorsement that Team Trump had touted all day long. But Team Trump decided it was more important to throw Cruz out of the popular clique than to take the partial win. Cruz had to be humiliated for his failure to Kneel Before Orange Zod.

It backfired.

Trump and his team end up looking like the bullies they are. They end up looking like the vindictive dolts they are. And Cruz ends up looking like a man willing to stand on principle rather than pay obeisance to an insecure fool who prizes his own narcissism above even the possibility of victory over Hillary Clinton.

View Quote

Yeah, like that really back fired on Trump now, didn't it? Lol...

You may want to get that shovel and keep digging that hole...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cruz has been outed for what he is. A petty sore loser who cares more about himself then America. I would never vote for that man.
View Quote

If Trump told the world that you were a liar when you were telling the truth, your wife had an ugly face and your father was part of a presidential assassination, not to mention all of the problems with Trump on the issues like government healthcare, increased ethanol subsidies, no fly/no buy gun lists, would you put all that aside and kiss his ring?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The image is that Cruz has hurt feelings, doesn't support the nominee that We, The People selected, and the crowd turned on him, all while the nominee shrugged it off gracefully.

Planned, or spontaneous, it benefits Trump and makes the only guy I want for Supreme Court look like a dickbutt.

Actually he did get the “majority” of the vote.  It wasn’t a simple majority the vote wasn’t only split between two...
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Every single person I know tthat's following the race casually thinks Cruz stepped on his dick and looks like a crybaby asshole. Sorry op, wishful thinking.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Actually he did get the "majority” of the vote.  It wasn’t a simple majority the vote wasn’t only split between two...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually he did get the "majority” of the vote.  It wasn’t a simple majority the vote wasn’t only split between two...
Since you Trumpers have a problem with English:

mi·nor·i·ty

m?'nôr?de/

noun

1. the smaller number or part, especially a number that is less than half the whole number.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Every single person I know tthat's following the race casually thinks Cruz stepped on his dick and looks like a crybaby asshole. Sorry op, wishful thinking.
View Quote
And every person I talk to thinks otherwise.  I don't surround myself with Trump sycophants, so that may be why.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Much original. Very insight.
View Quote

So edgy, but Hitlery OR Trump is the short story, whether OP likes it or not.

I can't imagine Trump ever being so corrupt AND incompetent as FBHO and Hitlery has been.  The wife's "plagiarism" speech and the OP's "turd" and "bully" viewpoint amount to a single grain of sand, compared to FBHO and Hitlery's long and sandy beaches (not to mention the worst part, about the bloody sand).
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats even worse is these establishment pricks come out of the woodwork every other cycle telling everyone to hold their nose and vote for dole/mccain/romney/etc for the good od the country but now that the shoes on the other foot they wont do the same. Its just further confirmation to me that party comes before country and they all must be on the take. And i was a cruz guy.....

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

And every person I talk to thinks otherwise.  I don't surround myself with Trump sycophants, so that may be why.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't either, nobody I know is thrilled about trump, most are just regular people that don't devote tons of energy to politics. Keep insulting everyone that isn't sucking the GOP establishment's cock though, it seems to be working for you guys.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:02:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Whats even worse is these establishment pricks come out of the woodwork every other cycle telling everyone to hold their nose and vote for dole/mccain/romney/etc for the good od the country but now that the shoes on the other foot they wont do the same. Its just further confirmation to me that party comes before country and they all must be on the take. And i was a cruz guy.....  
View Quote
Yep. I held my nose and pulled the lever for McCain and Romney, despite what shitty candidates they were.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It backfired.

View Quote

Only in the delusional minds of hillary voters and nevertrumpers.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top