Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Pg 10 Ownage
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Pit is open for the next 3 months on a trial basis.

If people behave as grown ups (having a bad day) it will stay open. If too many act like third graders, I will take it back to what it was

It is there for conflict resolution and to allow a more open place to have fun, but if it is abused, we will tell you: this is why we can't have good things"

It may seem it has too many words but it is in the spirit of the old Pit, I just can't remember the wording we had and now we have spelled out what you can and cannot do

Go visit now
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump,

Shits still broken.

Make the Pit great again

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bump,

Shits still broken.

View Quote

Elaborate plz.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Elaborate plz.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump,

Shits still broken.

Elaborate plz.

I remember that even when not all the rules were followed, threads were allowed to continue if they showed hopes for resolution.

That doesn't seem to be the case still.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I remember that even when not all the rules were followed, threads were allowed to continue if they showed hopes for resolution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump,

Shits still broken.

Elaborate plz.

The cinci call out was a good lock. He didn't even IM him.

Beca3y's thread should have not been locked IMO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:12:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly,

Why Do rules 6-10 apply to that thread if he isnt specifically calling someone out, which he wasnt?

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Exactly,

Why Do rules 6-10 apply to that thread if he isnt specifically calling someone out, which he wasnt?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly,

Agreed, he was being harassed by a group. He called out the group.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think we're going to end up with two basic types of threads.  Call out threads (which have specific rules, mostly focused on trying to keep the thread from stepping on its own dick) and general bitch threads (i.e. threads a little too wild for GD).  Bcauz3y called out a group of people without naming them, inviting them, or declaring any structure for working things out.  Which meant it devolved into a bitch thread about how to sign up for and track CW events.

We're still sorting it out and may adjust things a slight bit.  For example, if all the inflammatory political threads got dumped into the Pit instead of left in GD, it might at least cut down on the volume because you could say what you really wanted to say in the Pit.  On the other hand, they might really spin out of control.
View Quote

Oh please put the political threads in the pit. They would be the best threads this site has ever seen. Do your part and make the pit great again!
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Which meant it devolved into a bitch thread about how to sign up for and track CW events.
View Quote

No...if you read it, becauz3y had a legitimite gripe with a specic group, and everyone was working resolve the issue and come to an understanding. A thread like that provides a good forum to redress those types of issues as well as leaving the option open to call someone a cunt if they're being a cunt.

I've already petitioned Sr to reopen the thread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:23:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Oh please put the political threads in the pit. They would be the best threads this site has ever seen. Do your part and make the pit great again!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think we're going to end up with two basic types of threads.  Call out threads (which have specific rules, mostly focused on trying to keep the thread from stepping on its own dick) and general bitch threads (i.e. threads a little too wild for GD).  Bcauz3y called out a group of people without naming them, inviting them, or declaring any structure for working things out.  Which meant it devolved into a bitch thread about how to sign up for and track CW events.

We're still sorting it out and may adjust things a slight bit.  For example, if all the inflammatory political threads got dumped into the Pit instead of left in GD, it might at least cut down on the volume because you could say what you really wanted to say in the Pit.  On the other hand, they might really spin out of control.

All of this.

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No...if you read it, becauz3y had a legitimite gripe with a specic group, and everyone was working resolve the issue and come to an understanding. A thread like that provides a good forum to redress those types of issues as well as leaving the option open to call someone a cunt if they're being a cunt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which meant it devolved into a bitch thread about how to sign up for and track CW events.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:14:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Alright you bunch of whiners, I will unlock it.

If you are going to start a thread you have to follow whatever rules apply, otherwise WTF do we have rules for?
View Quote
Same to you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Same to you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alright you bunch of whiners, I will unlock it.

If you are going to start a thread you have to follow whatever rules apply, otherwise WTF do we have rules for?
Same to you.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:37:41 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those threads would go nuclear quick and the fallout epic!

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we''l be luck to live through it.

(In case you don't speak Clancy, I think it's a bad idea. Political threads are a shit flinging monkey show as-is.)
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top