Bad night for Spurs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Great night for Zlatan.

Bad night for Spurs.
View Quote

Zlatan is one of the few big name EPL transfers that is actually working out this year (and Kante for Chelsea).  Despite helping MU, I like it...I'm a fan of his.

How did Pogba miss that header?  Talk about not living up to the hype.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The program cover for Wolves v Chelsea is pretty cool:

It was a really good match with Wolves really working hard and I was starting to wonder if it was going to end up like the Burley match.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow Leicester. Easy road and they are out.

City got drawn by Huddersfield !! Replay in a couple weeks. Good. More taxing.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep moving forward...

Depth shows again.

Its telling about Big Swedes tenacity. I used to think it was greed and glory. But thats his job down 2 or up 2. Score. Make better passes, AfroMan and Schweinsteiger shooting with him in the box is not efficient.
Get the man the ball.

Blinds cross as well. Make a better pass.

I appreciate his demand for a higher standard, every possession is precious and an opportunity to practice good football.

I hope it rubs off on the youngsters and influences the behavior of the veterans.

Bailly was foolish.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow Leicester. Easy road and they are out.

City got drawn by Huddersfield !! Replay in a couple weeks. Good. More taxing.
View Quote

Adios Claudio.

Link Posted: 2/23/2017 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:16:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Great cartoon
View Quote

The last two managers to win the Premier League have been sacked the next year. Mourinho was pretty much deserved because - well, he's Mourininho - and he lost the locker room.  I think LCFC's owners miscalculated in getting rid of Kante  for $$ instead of Vardy. Ranieri would have survived with Kante on the side. And frankly, Chelsea without Kante wouldn't be leading by 8 points.

ETA:  In Manuel Pellegrini's case, he was let go two years after winning it all when his contract expired, but was made a lame duck at the end of January 2016 when Pep Guardiola was announced as the new MCFC manager.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Very sad to see Ranieri sacked. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:41:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Chelsea and the Swans got boring.

Bayern is much more interesting to watch for the scoring
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:55:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Kante had a release clause.  There was nothing Leicester could do as long as he was willing to go to the team that triggered it.

Speaking of, Kante is like a human cheat code.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Kante had a release clause.  There was nothing Leicester could do as long as he was willing to go to the team that triggered it.

Speaking of, Kante is like a human cheat code.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification. Missed that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:31:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Spurs cruising to an easy win. 1st half hat trick for Kane. I want more!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#14]
United are playing terrible, going through the motions like they don't want to be there or something.  Southampton should have 4-5 past them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:47:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

United are playing terrible, going through the motions like they don't want to be there or something.  Southampton should have 4-5 past them.
View Quote

The other team might have something to do with it. Southampton played a fantastic match.

Carrick came on and the match flow changed. Good move by Jose.

Great match if you were neutral.
Shit, great match all around.

The offsides goal. Redmond was offsides but influenced the play by bringing a defender with him. That's a fair call.

Big Swede earns his check, Lindegard scores his third at Wembley in 3 different cup ties.

If you watch closely, Herrera has a massive influence on matches.

Next. EPL top four please. Next weekend is big.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kane racked up some good fantasy points for me this weekend.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is coveted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:42:04 PM EDT
[#18]
In position for the game!

Luckily I got off work at 545am so I could sleep and get ready
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In position for the game!

Luckily I got off work at 545am so I could sleep and get ready
View Quote

At work, missing game.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
A lot of Leicester possession but the Reds are starting to come on.

Bodies are flying everywhere, lots of challenges and aggressive play
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, shit.

Foxes up by 1
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Reds down by two at the half
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]
The secret to beating Liverpool is to be on the bottom half of the table
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Ouch.

Opportunity is knocking, Red Devils!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:21:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, no kidding.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding.

Liverpool is not alone in that regard
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding.
View Quote

I wish I knew the answer to the problem.  More importantly, I wish Klopp knew.

If I had to throw my amateur guess out there, Liverpool is great at picking apart a defense on the counter.  A lot of the really beautiful team goals start way back in the Liverpool half of the field.  They also seem incapable of defending against a counter themselves, so as everyone presses up against a team that is parking the bus and crowding the defensive third, our weak defense gets slashed by counter attacks.  This tactic seems more common with bottom half teams who don't have the players capable of controlling the midfield against sides like Liverpool, and is why they can demolish the teams at the top of the table and struggle against the bottom feeders.  

I think we need a world class striker.  Someone who can hold the ball at his feet, someone who can make things happen even with 8 men standing between him and the net so the entire midfield doesn't have to be at the 18 yard box trying to score and leaving a huge gap behind them for a counter attack.  

While I'm wishing for shit, a more competent defense would be nice as well.  They just don't seem nearly as cohesive/coordinated as a good defensive group should be.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think we need a world class striker.  Someone who can hold the ball at his feet, someone who can make things happen even with 8 men standing between him and the net so the entire midfield doesn't have to be at the 18 yard box trying to score and leaving a huge gap behind them for a counter attack.  
View Quote

We had that in Luis Suarez and still gave up the most goals in the PL.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:21:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We had that in Luis Suarez and still gave up the most goals in the PL.  
View Quote

That's a fair point.  Well then, I don't know what the solution is.

I'll add one more complaint: does anyone else feel like the defense is leaderless?  I don't see anyone back there as the forceful, in charge guy that organizes everyone.  It's rare that you have a defense worth a damn who doesn't have that clear leader, and I couldn't pick one out of our current lineup as "the guy" capable of leading.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's a fair point.  Well then, I don't know what the solution is.

I'll add one more complaint: does anyone else feel like the defense is leaderless?  I don't see anyone back there as the forceful, in charge guy that organizes everyone.  It's rare that you have a defense worth a damn who doesn't have that clear leader, and I couldn't pick one out of our current lineup as "the guy" capable of leading.
View Quote

Hendo is a true captain performing that role when he's in.  His absence was notable this game.  You're right though...there's usually a "dominant" center back that organizes the troops.  Lovren tries but usually does a shitty job.  Matip is talented but seems too meek for that role.  I actually like Lucas as a late sub holding mid when we're ahead, he's crap starting as center back.  Not sure who's idea that was.

I like Klopp's personality.  At this point, his "genius" as a coach has to be called into question.  Last year he had the excuse of too many games for the reds.  Now they have the excuse of too much time in between games?  [Because they got booted by 4th rate teams from every tournament being played].  Let alone literally nothing done in the January window to try to sure up the back or the front.  I'm sick of these excuses...the team has not looked this bad since pre-Klopp.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Barca opening youth academy in Austin TX

And Chizult I agree with you about Hendo.  I sometimes question his play but not his leadership.  He's a good team captain..but I think a forceful organizer on defense would do a lot to solve some problems.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Barca opening youth academy in Austin TX

And Chizult I agree with you about Hendo.  I sometimes question his play but not his leadership.  He's a good team captain..but I think a forceful organizer on defense would do a lot to solve some problems.
View Quote

I agree with both of you. They need a stronger voice in the back. Hendo helps but he's hurt. I was hoping they'd got out and buy someone to shore it up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone else bother with MLS?

At a bar and Minn United is about to have their first MLS game.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:03:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't seemed to develop a passion for it.

I want it to succeed, but, for now, meh.  If I lived closer to FC Dallas or Dynamo, it might be different.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I haven't seemed to develop a passion for it.

I want it to succeed, but, for now, meh.  If I lived closer to FC Dallas or Dynamo, it might be different.
View Quote

I get that.  I'm a big FC Dallas fan just because they do things the right way with youth development.  

I also knew a few Dallas Burn players back in the day and Dallas>Houston in all things.

Wouldn't be watching this Portland vs Minn game if the food wasnt taking so damn long to come out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've tried but can't get into it.  If I want to watch that level of football, the English Championship has the same ability players more or less but with a 46 game schedule and the passion that comes with promotion and relegation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#37]
That was a little clumsy Phil...

And Big Swede should be off.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#38]
As should Mings.

Nonetheless, ManU again ignored a wide open opportunity to go into the Top 4.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As should Mings.

View Quote

It's a good thing!
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's a good thing!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As should Mings.

It's a good thing!

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That was a little clumsy Phil...

And Big Swede should be off.
View Quote

That elbow from Zatlan was borderline criminal...as was the questionable stamp on his head just before.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Scousers are looking good so far. They can beat up on the Gooners all day for all I care.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#43]
MU at home against Bournemouth.  Bournemouth plays their hearts out with 10 men for most of the game.  Crazy play all around as the ref can't get a grip on the game.  Forget the missed PK which was abysmal. Pogba?  What....the....fuck?  The trillion dollar player with THREE chances in the box at the end and takes the o-for.  They have drawn 7 of their 14 games at home.  The chance for the top four was right there.  They are becoming the ultimate tease and will eventually cost me a flat screen as I came thisclose to throwing the remote through the TV.  I do get quite the aerobic workout though watching them.

And now the Red Sox are winning which just compounds my anger.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Scousers are looking good so far. They can beat up on the Gooners all day for all I care.
View Quote

They need someone to anchor the back so they don't have to play all manic and give up possession or allow the long ball to a surging Alexis
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Big win for the Reds. Chelsea will be hard to catch but second, and European competition is up for grabs
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#46]
I I'm cheering for Everton to score twice and steal points from the Spurs
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
MU at home against Bournemouth.  Bournemouth plays their hearts out with 10 men for most of the game.  Crazy play all around as the ref can't get a grip on the game.  Forget the missed PK which was abysmal. Pogba?  What....the....fuck?  The trillion dollar player with THREE chances in the box at the end and takes the o-for.  They have drawn 7 of their 14 games at home.  The chance for the top four was right there.  They are becoming the ultimate tease and will eventually cost me a flat screen as I came thisclose to throwing the remote through the TV.  I do get quite the aerobic workout though watching them.

And now the Red Sox are winning which just compounds my anger.
View Quote

That's been the story of Pogba's season.  Zlatan has paid off well for MU, Pogba has been crap in front of goal.  

Bournemouth have had some great games this year...the crazy win against the Reds for one.  They can be an entertaining team to watch when it's not your team playing them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

That's been the story of Pogba's season.  Zlatan has paid off well for MU, Pogba has been crap in front of goal.  

Bournemouth have had some great games this year...the crazy win against the Reds for one.  They can be an entertaining team to watch when it's not your team playing them.
View Quote

Bournemouth is one of those teams that waits for the lights and cameras to show up and punch above their weight class when it's important to the other team
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Shit Sunderland, you have one damn job
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I I'm cheering for Everton to score twice and steal points from the Spurs
View Quote

Hey, they did but it wasn't enough! 
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top