BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe its above me, but he's an asshole because he doesn't want to go to someones funeral he doesn't even know personally, just because of the persons job? Suppose it was a real inconvience and he had something more productive he could do with his time? Him going there what benefit is that going to provide?
How would you feel if you were forced to go to all of the people in your neighborhood funeral because they lived in your neighborhood?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm trying to wrap my head around how ridiculous it is to some agencies can't figure out a way to protect their Officers.

You can't wrap your head around it because you don't realize that there are pols/admin/brass/etc. who don't care about protecting their officers and don't care if they get injured or killed. I never had a single Mayor, PC, or Chief at work that I felt gave a single fuck about us.

A co-worker of mine got picked up to be on the mayor's protection detail under Bloomberg and he said that the mayor used to get unbelievably annoyed when he had to take time out to show up at a officer's funeral. It was an inconvenience to him.

WTF...what a asshole.

Maybe its above me, but he's an asshole because he doesn't want to go to someones funeral he doesn't even know personally, just because of the persons job? Suppose it was a real inconvience and he had something more productive he could do with his time? Him going there what benefit is that going to provide?
How would you feel if you were forced to go to all of the people in your neighborhood funeral because they lived in your neighborhood?

Ummm choke yourself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#2]
<Edit. We do not insult member's families here. A movie quote is one thing, but bringing family into internet purse swinging contests is not allowed. -NorCal>
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm trying to wrap my head around how ridiculous it is to some agencies can't figure out a way to protect their Officers.

You can't wrap your head around it because you don't realize that there are pols/admin/brass/etc. who don't care about protecting their officers and don't care if they get injured or killed. I never had a single Mayor, PC, or Chief at work that I felt gave a single fuck about us.

A co-worker of mine got picked up to be on the mayor's protection detail under Bloomberg and he said that the mayor used to get unbelievably annoyed when he had to take time out to show up at a officer's funeral. It was an inconvenience to him.

WTF...what a asshole.

You really didn't think that response through before mashing the keyboard.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ummm choke yourself.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

Ummm choke yourself.

I like him.

Hell, I want him to come over and fuck my sister.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

Yep, because an officer who falls under your command is the same thing as a random neighbor.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I gotta renew just to keep my ignore option.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 7:58:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Have some respect when talking to strangers, this is not your mom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm choke yourself.

IBTL
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#8]
[Jump To Reply]Quoted:

View Quote

GD is back...
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:09:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was under the assumption that most larger LE agencies carried a long gun in their cruisers?

I get that small agencies might not thave the funds, but how in the hell can a large department of Sheriff's Office justify not having a long gun in a squad car?

Doesn't make sense to me
View Quote

Buffalo NY is only about half the population it was 50 years ago but is still decent sized and doesn't have rifles in cars. They brought it up a while back and are pushing for it again now that #BlackLiarsMurder have started shooting police

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/buffalo/after-cop-killings-buffalo-police-union-requests-high-powered-rifles-20160718
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

Ummm choke yourself.

Holy fuck you're retarded.  You should back out while you have a chance.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Ban. Just because it's the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm choke yourself.

Have some respect when talking to strangers, snip.

I want to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm choke yourself.

Respect is earned you haven't earned shit. In fact you've done the exact opposite and made a complete fool of yourself.

My mom, really?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Make the Pit great again. Take it there if you must, but I would like to prevent having this thread locked, please.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Respect is earned you haven't earned shit. In fact you've done the exact opposite and made a complete fool of yourself.

My mom, really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm choke yourself.

My mom, really?

Did say i was looking for your respect, absolutely not. I asked a question. Alot of people in GD have made arguments in a very professional manner but you attack me instead of making a logical argument. I understand this is a very emotional time for everyone on both side of the fences, but thats no excuse for your behavior and you went too far.
Come back with a logical argument and maybe we could have a discussion. It's gun owners like you that set us back 100 years, and you argue like a liberal because you have no solid argument you attack the person.
"Choke myself, really"
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:53:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Did say i was looking for your respect, absolutely not. I asked a question. Alot of people in GD have made arguments in a very professional manner but you attack me instead of making a logical argument. I understand this is a very emotional time for everyone on both side of the fences, but thats no excuse for your behavior and you went too far.

Come back with a logical argument and maybe we could have a discussion. It's gun owners like you that set us back 100 years, and you argue like a liberal because you have no solid argument you attack the person.

"Choke myself, really"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm choke yourself.

My mom, really?

"Choke myself, really"
>wants a logical argument

>says "your mom"

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

"Choke myself, really"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummm choke yourself.

My mom, really?

"Choke myself, really"

Your comment was stupid and doesn't deserve a legitimate response. There is no argument, there was no attack from my end.
You knew exactly what you were doing when you wrote your silly post.

You tell me to have some respect then you say you're not looking for my respect. You then make the "mom" comment.

You are a troll plain and simple.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#20]
'13ers strike again.

Ban the troublemaker and get this thread back on topic.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
'13ers strike again.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's his job. He's the Mayor, the boss. He's not a private citizen. He needs to be there. Those are his men. It's a funeral of a cop that sworn to protect and serve. You make the time.

I'm a private citizen, not a public figure. I don't a image to uphold or a obligation to a city, a police force or my constituents. I can choose to go, if I knew that person. Otherwise I'm free to go or not to go.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

That's his job. He's the Mayor, the boss. He's not a private citizen. He needs to be there. Those are his men. It's a funeral of a cop that sworn to protect and serve. You make the time.

I'm a private citizen, not a public figure. I don't a image to uphold or a obligation to a city, a police force or my constituents. I can choose to go, if I knew that person. Otherwise I'm free to go or not to go.

It's his duty as the mayor.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:35:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
'13ers strike again.

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

"Choke myself, really"[span style='color: rgb(0, 100, 0);']>wants a logical argument
>says "your mom"

View Quote

Hey MM!

What's new man?
Haven't talked to you in ages.
You still on SF?
Hope all is well
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

Ummm choke yourself.

I almost replied again, then I remembered when Johnny Carcinogen called me out for threadshitting in a thread about fallen police officers. Any chance we can all just get back to the topic at hand?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

I'm going to add you to my ignore list to just in case the weapons grade stupid isn't contagious
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok,that was actually a good comeback.

You're going to get loved tenderly, and are a waste of oxygen, but at least you're going out swinging.

Like a retard, but swinging nonetheless.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Hey MM!

What's new man?

You still on SF?

Hope all is well
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
"Choke myself, really"

>wants a logical argument

>says "your mom"

Hey MM!

What's new man?

You still on SF?

Hope all is well
Still there. 50k visits here vs 6k there so it's a little dead

Funny how much crossover there is with different interests

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

Guiliani was a badass in this regard, if a cop, ems, or firefighter was injured or killed in the line of duty that guy was there, no matter what time of day, or what weather, he was usually giving the press release for the city in person and then he visited the families. I didn't agree with all his policies but he was there for his crew and he even lost his marriage probably due to that.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm going to add you to my ignore list to just in case the weapons grade stupid isn't contagious
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF...what a asshole.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:26:31 AM EDT
[#32]
http://www.wafb.com/story/32482655/more-details-on-the-shot-that-ended-gavin-longs-terror
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuck CNN

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Gee, didn't see that coming.

"Dangerous veterans with PTSD !!!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#35]
They are trying to give a reason for him killing other than being a racist and outlying member of Islam. PTSD didnt stop him or debilitate him from being a decent human being.  Not did it cause him to be a murdering psychopath. He had no purpose , wanted to be inportant and was probably told what a worthless piece of shit he was by his family all his life because he was one.  If he had a job, children and some self worth other than making up an imaginary name for himself in the crusade of black power and had not been turned by propaganda from the liberals who have the same problems of him we could have avoided this.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:24:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gonna be sending a rifle for the folks to fund raise for Officer Flamion with.

ML
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:27:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My sister (a retired systems analyst) said something about the guy being a combat veteran, Monday evening.

I informed her that he was a data network specialist that had supposedly spent six months in Iraq, a few years ago.

She got a look on her face, and said "so he probably never saw combat and sat in an office all day."

She had been seeing stuff implying the PTSD combat veteran angle, all day on Monday.

ETA:  She also had an interesting reaction when I pointed out that the news media had been calling his gun a "long rifle", and when details were released, it was a Tavor.  She did a quick google on "long rifle" and said it was something like a muzzleloading Kentucky rifle.  I told her to do a google image search for Tavor, and her reaction was "that's short!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:34:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
My sister (a retired systems analyst) said something about the guy being a combat veteran, Monday evening.

I informed her that he was a data network specialist that had supposedly spent six months in Iraq, a few years ago.

She got a look on her face, and said "so he probably never saw combat and sat in an office all day."

She had been seeing stuff implying the PTSD combat veteran angle, all day on Monday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its like claiming Lee Harvey had PTSD
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well back then you had stand up people in .gov. Now you have a ton of people pushing their own agenda and inciting this bullshit. I am sure if Lee Harvey happened today, he would be a severe right wing nut job who was a combat vet with PTSD and used an evil assault rifle weapon of war
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:18:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Guiliani was a badass in this regard, if a cop, ems, or firefighter was injured or killed in the line of duty that guy was there, no matter what time of day, or what weather, he was usually giving the press release for the city in person and then he visited the families. I didn't agree with all his policies but he was there for his crew and he even lost his marriage probably due to that.
View Quote

Every city needs a Rudy. He's the only politician Ive ever seen that didnt have a spine made of jello. Yesterday my wife asked me if I was afraid to go back out there with all thats happening and I told her the only thing Im afraid of is the only thing Ive ever been afraid of and thats command sticking it in my ass for Political points should I have to take action. Like they did that kid in Ferguson or those guys in B-more because two stupid, vapid bitches wanted the quick headlines to appease the mob and build their voter support even tho both cases were based on total bullshit. Even worse the riot in B-more was organized by street gangs to loot pharmacies of narcotics worth far more then illegal drugs. So who exactly gave this nitwit Mosbey her marching orders?

So compare Rudy to Frip and Frap in B-more.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

He lost his marriage because he was cheating on his wife with Judith Nathan, his current wife. He didn't even try to hide it.

ETA: Not to mention that every other mayor has also done the other stuff listed above, including the POS de Blasio.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Woke up again thinking about this officer getting shot and paralyzed the very day after the Dallas attack from being shot in the neck from behind ... and for what ?  Because the would-be murderer's own ancestors enslaved and gave his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents a ticket out of the chaos of Africa.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1888594_Special_request_for_Ballwin_officer_shot_last_week_.html

ML
View Quote

Mark,

Once again I am floored by your generosity towards others. I've seen you do this sort of thing for as long as I've been a member starting back when you paid for a soldier's impound fees (in Colorado I believe). Kid got deployed and his car was subsequently (wrongfully) towed and racked up fees that you took care of.

You're a stand up guy Mark, and I respect the hell out of that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:44:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm trying to wrap my head are how ridiculous it is to some agencies can't figure out a way to protect their Officers.

As a Chief or Sheriff or whatever, especially in these times, I wouldn't be alright with sending my Officer out in the street without some sort of long gun to defend themselves.

And these times are just going to get worse.
View Quote

The answer is simple.......the leaders who won't at least provide a fucking shotgun for the cruiser are fucking assholes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trigger pulls about one GUZILLION pounds.........no rifles...........no shotguns............geez, what could make you ever say that.

Next, body armor was probably banned for the trunk also?

ETA:  Off topic but I did find old comments on the NYS law where unloaded shotguns in a trunk or inaccessible to the driver like in a case in the back of the SUV were allowed for travelers................can't find anything more current than 1993.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:47:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Mark,

Once again I am floored by your generosity towards others. I've seen you do this sort of thing for as long as I've been a member starting back when you paid for a soldier's impound fees (in Colorado I believe). Kid got deployed and his car was subsequently (wrongfully) towed and racked up fees that you took care of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Woke up again thinking about this officer getting shot and paralyzed the very day after the Dallas attack from being shot in the neck from behind ... and for what ?  Because the would-be murderer's own ancestors enslaved and gave his great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents a ticket out of the chaos of Africa.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1888594_Special_request_for_Ballwin_officer_shot_last_week_.html

ML

Mark,

This.  You are a one of a kind individual. Though I wont be able to put in for a raffle im down for putting in 50 to purchase some kind of Larue goodies for the guy that killed the BR shooter with a 100 yard shot.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ML

https://d30y9cdsu7xlg0.cloudfront.net/png/70801-200.png

This!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

ML

View Quote

Okay,

gonna be buying some LaRue accessories for my rifles right now.

We all have ways to give back if we want to.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My dad was an avionics Tech in Vietnam. 2 tours USMC working on F4's. Was shot at with rockets, mortars, small arms more than once. Lost half his teeth in 1 attack.

I won't dismiss a ptsd claim out of hand just because his mos wasnt combat arms, but I'd damn sure like to see a little proof beyond he was in the country.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My dad was an avionics Tech in Vietnam. 2 tours USMC working on F4's. Was shot at with rockets, mortars, small arms more than once. Lost half his teeth in 1 attack.

I won't dismiss a ptsd claim out of hand just because his mos wasnt combat arms, but I'd damn sure like to see a little proof beyond he was in the country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first job working in aviation, was in 1987.  Been a certified aircraft mechanic since 1992.  I've worked with veterans from all the branches, from WW2 vets to Iraq vets.  Plenty of guys that had stories about being under fire while being aircraft mechanics in Vietnam.

A data network specialist that was in Iraq for six months in 2010?  I'm very skeptical.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top