Quoted:

We can only hope
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You don't need a beauty salon,  you're pretty enough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2016-09-26-11553763.png

Shit IV's again?

We can only hope

I haven't had a chance to look yet, but every one I've caught has sucked.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/Pokmon%20GO_2016-09-26-16-07-41.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_2016-09-26-11553763.png

Shit IV's again?

We can only hope

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v14/Medicfrost/Mobile%20Uploads/Pokmon%20GO_2016-09-26-16-07-41.png

That one is following the trend, terrible IV's.  29-38%.  89 candies though
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else find that eggs are more likely to give you want is common in your area much more than what is rare in your area?

For example, here Bulbasaurs are all over the place, Squirtles are fairly easy to find, and Charmanders are rarer than Dratinis.

My 2 km egg starter counts are as follows:

Bulbasaur: 8

Squirtle: 5

Charmander: 2

Also Bellsprouts are very common around here and I easily get more of those from 5 km eggs than I do any other pokemon.  Hell, I probably get more Bellsprouts than I do any other two 5 km possibles combined.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit IV's again?

We can only hope

It seems like it follows the same rules as a nest or a common spawn location.  Where the pokemon is easy to get, but the IV's are always terrible.

I guess that's the trade off.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Found this guy, when I was down at the beach last month.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It seems like it follows the same rules as a nest or a common spawn location.  Where the pokemon is easy to get, but the IV's are always terrible.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit IV's again?

We can only hope

At this point I'm hunting them for their candy.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 10:27:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My catch of the day:

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My catch of the day:

http://i.imgur.com/TQnU1Hih.png
View Quote

Solid
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Debate intruder!

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in San Diego and there are mankies, growlithes, sandshrews, rhyhorns and machops EVERYWHERE
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#11]
BREAKING NEWS: Nest swaps in progress.  

Gurnee Mills was a Magmar nest earlier today, and now it's a Tentacool nest.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:45:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BREAKING NEWS: Nest swaps in progress.  

Gurnee Mills was a Magmar nest earlier today, and now it's a Tentacool nest.
View Quote

Might explain why I haven't seen a Dratini in hours.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:48:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I just finished logging 170 km with a Lapras as my buddy.  That netted me 34 of arguably the rarest candy in the game.  

How anyone could turn their nose up at the buddy update and think "it's worthless" is beyond me.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Hatched a Shellder, and caught an Omanyte and Growlithe for 55 in the Dex.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just finished logging 170 km with a Lapras as my buddy.  That netted me 34 of arguably the rarest candy in the game.  

How anyone could turn their nose up at the buddy update and think "it's worthless" is beyond me.

View Quote

God bless. Do you run a lot?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok, now I believe medicfrost when he says he caught all those Snorlaxes without GPS spoofing.

Last night, 3 different Snorlaxes popped up over the course of 45 minutes (didn't stick around for more, went home to watch the debate after this one), all in the same neighborhood.  Every 15 minutes, another would pop up, 1 street over from the previous one.

Did they make Snorlax less rare or something?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:03:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ok, now I believe medicfrost when he says he caught all those Snorlaxes without GPS spoofing.

Last night, 3 different Snorlaxes popped up over the course of 45 minutes (didn't stick around for more, went home to watch the debate after this one), all in the same neighborhood.  Every 15 minutes, another would pop up, 1 street over from the previous one.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/281uam9.jpg

Did they make Snorlax less rare or something?
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they did a month ago.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:04:47 AM EDT
[#18]
 I was excited when I found the first one, but kind of bummed after the 3rd one. I'll almost be disappointed if I get a Snorlax from a 10km egg now.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 I was excited when I found the first one, but kind of bummed after the 3rd one. I'll almost be disappointed if I get a Snorlax from a 10km egg now.
View Quote

No you won't.   At leat the one from the egg will have good IVs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Got this guy at work this morning

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#21]
not the greatest ivs but id still take it
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dratinis are so rare here so this was very welcomed.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm having a Dratini withdrawl.  There was a huge drop in them since yesterday night in my area, right after a big jump in them.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#24]
dratini, snorlax and lapras are like hens teeth around here.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm having a Dratini withdrawl.  There was a huge drop in them since yesterday night in my area, right after a big jump in them.  
View Quote

We have an uptick in Drowzee here that started yesterday
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering the fastest you can run is roughly 6.5 mph on average in a straight line (more if there are corners and curves in your route) it's more of a jog and I'm walking the dog more than I use to as well.  I don't think he's ever been in better shape.

Also those one or two times a week I have to deal with rush hour traffic are usually good for about 3-5 km.

Still, 170 km isn't anything to brag about.  Last week I saw a screenshot of someone that had already logged over 250 km.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I am 1 km from Pikachu hitting 100 km. Hoping he switches shoulders or something cool.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dragonites are just like any other third stage evolution pokemon in that even after you find one it's still rare to find one that has a high enough cp and IV's to warrant powering up and that's assuming you even catch it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I noticed the spawn point change mid day yesterday. The one that spawns by my desk moved about 50 feet.

Looks like the nest changes this time are not a set standard change. More random.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not bad at all for a Dragonite caught in the wild.

I've encountered 11 Dragonites in the wild so far and, assuming the IV's are on the high end of the possibles, if I saw your's I'd put in the top 3 or 4 for me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:24:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I noticed the spawn point change mid day yesterday. The one that spawns by my desk moved about 50 feet.

Looks like the nest changes this time are not a set standard change. More random.
View Quote

I'm seeing Drowzees and Machops here.  Those are definitely recent
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I've encountered 11 Dragonites in the wild so far and, assuming the IV's are on the high end of the possibles, if I saw your's I'd put in the top 3 or 4 for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That one is the second I've ever seen.  The first was a little 500cp one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That one is the second I've ever seen.  The first was a little 500cp one.
View Quote

Those low cp ones are okay if you've never seen one in the wild before, but that novelty quickly wears off. I almost just assume not have one pop up than to see a Dragonite, track it down, and find a next to worthless >1,000 cp one.  I don't even use ultra balls on those anymore.

When that happens I feel like Al Bundy when he thinks he's signed up for a carpool with smoking hot Victoria Secret supermodels and then he finds out it's really models for VS's "plus size" line.

Of the 11 I've seen only 4 were over 2,000 and 1 of those was over 2,500 and of course the 2,500+ one ate up about 20 ultra balls and razz berries and then....

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My Pikachu nest at the park by my office is now a Scyther nest
View Quote

Thats weird, the Pikachu nest here changed to an Amy Shumer nest.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

130 in the pokedex, level 26.5, around 450 eggs hatched...and I still have yet to see one single Amy Schumer

Elusive bitch
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems to be random.

That's an upgrade for you though because in addition to being a better pokemon, they tend to cause Dragonites to spawn more often.

Of course in my experience that's just common spawns and not nest, but the same could apply.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#38]
If you thought max potions were rare drops just wait until you get max revives.

Not counting lvl up rewards I'm averaging about 1 for every 64 spins.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:50:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It seems to be random.

That's an upgrade for you though because in addition to being a better pokemon, they tend to cause Dragonites to spawn more often.

Of course in my experience that's just common spawns and not nest, but the same could apply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems to be random.

Im not close enough to it for it to matter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:18:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Pro Tip, if you get a low level CP Vaporeon, like under 1000CP, or a low level Wigglytuff with Pound and Hyper Beam, KEEP them.  They are worth using in a gym to train and get the prestige up.  I have a 701 Vaporeon with Squirt Gun and Hydro Pump, I easily take out 2000CP Arcanine's with him.  Just dodge their charge attack.  I believe I got nearly 1300 prestige points for doing that.  Also, I have a Wigglytuff thats 1136 with Pound and Hyper Beam.  Using him against a 1600CP Vaporeon gives about 850 or so prestige.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Pro Tip, if you get a low level CP Vaporeon, like under 1000CP, or a low level Wigglytuff with Pound and Hyper Beam, KEEP them.  They are worth using in a gym to train and get the prestige up.  I have a 701 Vaporeon with Squirt Gun and Hydro Pump, I easily take out 2000CP Arcanine's with him.  Just dodge their charge attack.  I believe I got nearly 1300 prestige points for doing that.  Also, I have a Wigglytuff thats 1136 with Pound and Hyper Beam.  Using him against a 1600CP Vaporeon gives about 850 or so prestige.
View Quote

Is this low enough?

Maybe too low?

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Is this low enough?

Maybe too low?

http://i.imgur.com/TGrXdV2h.png
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this low enough?

Maybe too low?

http://i.imgur.com/TGrXdV2h.png

He can probably take out stuff thats around 700-1000CP if you are good at dodging.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#43]
so I hit up a local park for some stop spinning and hunting and I see one gym is my team owned and has an open slot. I figured I would walk the loop and hit it on the way out.

I found another gym with only 1 defender, so I vaporoned him out and dropped in my 137 Lapras

i orbited the park and on my way out past the other gym, I see its under attack and the slot is still open.

As I walk by, I see 2 guys tapping on their screens like maniacs. The gym had a 800 magmar and a 900 syther in place, so I dropped in my 2300 snorlax and kept walking.

"hey, where did that snorlax come from?"

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:12:53 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

i orbited the park and on my way out past the other gym, I see its under attack and the slot is still open.

As I walk by, I see 2 guys tapping on their screens like maniacs. The gym had a 800 magmar and a 900 syther in place, so I dropped in my 2300 snorlax and kept walking.

View Quote

Asshole.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Asshole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asshole.

So what does that make me when I sit and watch it level down? Then when it goes blank drop something in before they can.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Considering the fastest you can run is roughly 6.5 mph on average in a straight line (more if there are corners and curves in your route) it's more of a jog and I'm walking the dog more than I use to as well.  I don't think he's ever been in better shape.

Also those one or two times a week I have to deal with rush hour traffic are usually good for about 3-5 km.

Still, 170 km isn't anything to brag about.  Last week I saw a screenshot of someone that had already logged over 250 km.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you have a Go Plus, it wouldn't be that difficult difficult to log that.  11 miles a day.  Not totally out of the question for some people.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#47]
so i got gold for putting in the lapras, and he has been booted out

my snorlax is still in the other gym

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I local nest flipped to onyx for the first time today. Got 3 in 15 mins. Ready for it to finally flip to Kabutos.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:16:29 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

So what does that make me when I sit and watch it level down? Then when it goes blank drop something in before they can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Asshole.

Camper.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Camper.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asshole.

Camper.

Camper asshole?  Or is that redundant?
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top