Link Posted: 7/24/2017 1:24:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I tried to take down a CP 37k+ Articuno in a raid by myself 

Never had a chance
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#4]
How'd you manage that?  I live in a pretty big city (for this state anyway) and I've never even been able to defeat a level 3 boss because I'm always solo.  I've never even had any spoofers join me in a raid battle.

Have any of you guys received a Fast TM or Charge TM from a raid battle lately?  I got a Fast TM the first day it went live and that's it.  Haven't seen another one since.  Are they really that rare or am I just that unlucky?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

How'd you manage that?  I live in a pretty big city (for this state anyway) and I've never even been able to defeat a level 3 boss because I'm always solo.  I've never even had any spoofers join me in a raid battle.

Have any of you guys received a Fast TM or Charge TM from a raid battle lately?  I got a Fast TM the first day it went live and that's it.  Haven't seen another one since.  Are they really that rare or am I just that unlucky?
View Quote
Dig around on Facebook and find your city's PoGo group.  Then find out if they have a Discord channel or Google Hangouts or something.  Use that to join in raids with them.

I found our local Discord weeks ago.  Yesterday I used it to hit 4 legendary raids and wound up with 1 Articuno and 2 Lugia.

Out of about 17 raids, 3 fast TMs received.  If you're only doing Lvl 1's and 2's, it's probably hurting your drop rate.  I got 2 TMs from 4 legendary raids.  1 TM from all the raids prior, mostly Lvl 1's and 2's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm in Destin FL right and was driving down the road and saw it so I pulled in and about 10 people were there so I figured now was best time as any
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#9]
That's almost as impressive as the time I saw a level 10 gym with 10 Blisseys in it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Just hatched a new larvitard.  With this double xp/candies event going on I got 42 larvitard candies.  my 100% is going to get lvl'd.  lol
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a Lugia on my first try.

Two Articuno raids and no luck there. Third time better be the charm.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#12]
After 4 attempts I now have one of each of the Lengendaries. They are hard to catch!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
After 4 attempts I now have one of each of the Lengendaries. They are hard to catch!
View Quote
My problems with them is that you need a lot of people to help and it is damned near impossible to find that many people to help a brother out.

Second problem is that I found a golden opportunity a couple days ago when about twenty little Mexican kids piled out of a van to nail one. Then more other people showed up. Try as I might I just couldn't join their party. A few others couldn't either...  I was highly disappointed that it doesn't just work.

I think the biggest problem with Pokémon Go isn't so much the game, but is the developers just being about the stupidest group of people on the planet. It's almost as if they went out of their way to drive people to quit and never play again.

An example: The game needing to be exclusively played online and very little actual work is done on the phone. This causes massive lag spikes. You will have fully stomped some enemy Pokémon and yet you're still beating on them, and they're still beating on you, and they have no health, but the damage is still counted against you!

Removing the ability to get items and stuff when over 15 mph. I used to just hand my six year old the phone and let him have some fun while in the backseat. Now I have to sit and answer why it keeps saying try again later and there are no Pokémon. Sure, they want people to get out of their cars and interact with each other, right on, I get it, but they totally mistook the very real issue that the majority of people don't want to interact with anyone else that they don't know.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#14]
I did over 2 million xp during the event. I'm 38 and 1/2

Did a bunch of articuno and lugia and only got one articuno.

Tms like candy. I noticed the gyms I have silver badges on give better raid boss loot which is expected.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:28:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Did Niantic recently change the rate at which defenders lose motivation?

As an example: At dark I put a ~2100CP Pokemon in a fairly remote gym. Odds are it'll stay there for several days without being fed unless I go do it. (Once every two days for a feeding run was sufficient to keep the critter topped up.)

Previously, its CP was down to around 1900 by the next morning. Lately, the decrease has been to around 1000.

Pretty sure the rapid motivation loss isn't due to fighting.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:42:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes they did.
And why would you visit to feed?  8 hours is all you need to get 50.  After that you want them out.  And you can remotely feed now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:55:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes they did.
And why would you visit to feed?  8 hours is all you need to get 50.  After that you want them out.  And you can remotely feed now.
View Quote
This particular stop is only reachable by foot or bicycle. Gives me an excuse to go ride the bike.

It's also nice to have one or two fallback gyms in case you don't get to go take one on a given day. At least I think that's the strategy a lot of area players are using - I'll often see the same people in 5-10 local gyms at once.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#19]
The update Thursday fixed the faster cp depletion for over 3000 cp mons.
Now all mons deplete at the same rate.
Also fixed health potion screen freeze.
And the raid network error problems.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

This particular stop is only reachable by foot or bicycle. Gives me an excuse to go ride the bike.

It's also nice to have one or two fallback gyms in case you don't get to go take one on a given day. At least I think that's the strategy a lot of area players are using - I'll often see the same people in 5-10 local gyms at once.
View Quote
Yup, I just look at it as a numbers game. The more gyms I'm in, the more likely I am to get my 50 coins.  But I only feed berries if I have way too many nanabs or I'm trying to get lucky and get a rare candy.

Am I'm on iphone so I still don't have the patch.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The update Thursday fixed the faster cp depletion for over 3000 cp mons.
Now all mons deplete at the same rate.
Also fixed health potion screen freeze.
And the raid network error problems.
View Quote
I don't think it was as much a "fix" as it was a change.

They did the 3000+ thing as a way to let lower level people compete. It was fucking stupid when there would be a gym with ten Blisseys in it. Otherwise every gym had 3000+ dragonite, snorlax, tyranitar, and blissey and lower people couldn't hope to defeat that.

My desert deployment was particularly fortuitous in that I had the ability to take down that kind of gym easily. Machop spawns at Al Udeid like Sentret and pidgey here, so I have many high CP Machamps.

Personally, I liked that 3000+ drain rate. It was incentive not to put my powerful stuff in gyms, and let a noob beat my stuff so I could get it back. Otherwise I have my last situation where I hold a gym for 15 days.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I just got kicked out of a gym that I'd been in 31 days!  
Gold badge with no berries or fights won.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I got a Articuno yesterday. Just so happened that 13 other players were at the gym. We teamed up and were able to take it down after 2 attempts. I was very lucky and got him on the first ball. Cp1717, frost breath 10/ blizzard 130. Used him on a raid today and he did not fare well, died fast.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I got a Articuno yesterday. Just so happened that 13 other players were at the gym. We teamed up and were able to take it down after 2 attempts. I was very lucky and got him on the first ball. Cp1717, frost breath 10/ blizzard 130. Used him on a raid today and he did not fare well, died fast.
View Quote
My Pokemon/bicycle buddy hocked up a nice Lugia at our town's post office the other day. Took 19 players to beat (37k CP). Her grandson didn't catch it afterward, though. Which was a bummer because he didn't have enough coins to buy another raid pass.

As for me...I get reports of raids all day long from my cronies. Unfortunately, these things known as "work" and "conference calls" conspire to limit my fun. And there are no nighttime raids.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 12:12:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Are raids only legendaries now?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#26]
No.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Didn't know this was part of the raids.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That's almost as impressive as the time I saw a level 10 gym with 10 Blisseys in it.
View Quote
My lady friend/Pokebuddy and I found one of those on Dec. 30th of last year. It's in a spot only accessible by foot or bicycle.

Smallest Snorlax in it was over 2800. We took the thing. She was level 20 and I, 22 at the time. So...we didn't have a lot of high-powered attackers to use. Low-2000 CP Gyarados, Golem, Rhydon - stuff like that.

The evening was cold, sleet and snow started falling about halfway through our 45 minute battle - but we "broke the Bat". Cost us a shitload of Revives and Potions, though.

That particular gym was never leveled up again. Towards the end of the old game structure, we frequently were the only ones in it though nearby gyms always stayed at high levels.

Niantic's new "Everyone gets a TROPHY!" approach is bullshit. Hard work and strategy is supposed to pay off. IMO they should have kept some prestige-style gyms for those long-time players who like a challenge but added the new ones with a skew towards lower-level players: The seasoned among us can still take them and assign defenders but the dust and coin payout wouldn't be as high as the newer crowd could earn.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#29]
The time limit is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Pokemon in Mexico

who knew?

Going mon hunting this morning mañana
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#31]
There is an awesome DC scanner (with other places too)

It's interesting to look at the stats on spawns and see how rare a rare mon is on the map

https://maps.pogovaalerts.us
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Pokemon in Mexico

who knew?

Going mon hunting this morning mañana
View Quote
Make sure you get a Heracross and a Corsola while you're there if you don't have them already

Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Make sure you get a Heracross and a Corsola while you're there if you don't have them already

https://pokemon-go-fans.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/regionals.png
View Quote
Corsola is also available in Houston.  Heracross can be found in Victoria, Tx.

If you happen to be in the area, of course...
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://pokemon-go-fans.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/regionals.png

Just got back from cruisng around downtown

I saw a Heracross at a gym, but none in the wild

Lot's of Snubull, geodude and machop

Left a couple mon at 2 gyms
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:23:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just got back from cruisng around downtown

I saw a Heracross at a gym, but none in the wild

Lot's of Snubull, geodude and machop

Left a couple mon at 2 gyms
View Quote
Got my Corsola driving to the airport after my monthly trip to Houston.  Got off one exit too soon because I wasn't paying attention and saw the shadow off in the local warehouse/Boost Mobile/Taqueria area and chased it down.
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Had to do four raids before I got him. At least he's easier to hit than fire chicken.
Not even a 90%+ IV either

Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Is there a Snorlax event going on?
Typically, in the DC metro NoVA area there might be one snorlax every half hour

Last night there were 3-4 on the map and they re spawned every 20 minutes
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:02:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is there a Snorlax event going on?
Typically, in the DC metro NoVA area there might be one snorlax every half hour

Last night there were 3-4 on the map and they re spawned every 20 minutes
View Quote
No, I think that's how it has been.  We just didn't know about it until we had tools like Pokemon Go Alert Network.
There are also plenty of wild Larvartars, Togetics, Dragonites spawning in NOVA.
I've seen few wild Pupitars, Flaffys, Milktanks, Blisseys etc.

Check out the POGAN Discord Channel https://discord.gg/MtMVmF
ETA2:  List of NOVA Discord POGO groups
ETA: There is a Blissey right now at Reagan National Airport
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Wtf. Level 2 raid battles used to ALWAYS give me 2-3 rare candy.  Did 2 level 2 raid battles today.  0 rare candy from both.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Wtf. Level 2 raid battles used to ALWAYS give me 2-3 rare candy.  Did 2 level 2 raid battles today.  0 rare candy from both.
View Quote
i think its just all random.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:58:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Does everyone have the bug where a returned gym defender loses their favorite status?   I see that as a bad way lose a mon by accident because the favorite status gets cleared. 
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Hit level 38 today and still enjoy the game when out and about. The Legendary raids are fun but frustrating. Meeting lots of new people doing these raids and am constantly surprised at the number of senior citizens that play. Lots of law enforcement too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm almost halfway through level 35, and I'm getting closer and closer to just deleting the game and turning my back on it. For the amount of time I have "invested" in it, there's just no payoff, and every "improvement" seems to bring more frustration than help. I wish the account was actually worth something on eBay...
View Quote
Yeah I wish I would've sold mine when I hit level 20 within a few days of the game being released and they were selling for like $200-$400 on eBay.  Plus my username is PRESIDENTTRUMP which is pretty badass, especially since I registered on July 8, 2016.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#47]
I found a porygon at DuPont circle today
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Does everyone have the bug where a returned gym defender loses their favorite status?   I see that as a bad way lose a mon by accident because the favorite status gets cleared. 
View Quote
If you visit it in a gym, it unfavorites it. To avoid this, select a pokemon 2 or 3 to the side, then swipe to that one.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:02:33 AM EDT
[#50]
My haul today
Attachment Attached File
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top