Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 176
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Considering how rare Mareep and Flaaffy (the two electric types that look like sheep) are around here I was pretty surprised when this guy popped up:

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Considering how rare Mareep and Flaaffy (the two electric types that look like sheep) are around here I was pretty surprised when this guy popped up:

http://i.imgur.com/S2yk1DM.png
View Quote
I've never seen any of the 3 in the wild or even on sightings.  I've only hatched 2 Mareep so I'm still a long way away.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Finally!

At this rate I'll have a Tyranitar in 6 months to a year lol

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Finally!

http://i.imgur.com/pnEsScb.png
View Quote
I got a under 80 % iv one from a egg that is it.
Not worth walking until I have a good iv one.

Anyone get a Shiney yet ?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
2 in one day yussss

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The last gen 1 non-regional/non-legendary pokemon for me to catch in the wild.

Prior to this event I never even heard of anyone so much as seeing a Lapras in their nearby around here so I doubt I would have ever caught one in the wild without this event.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not sure when it happened but fairly recently they changed the egg system because you used to be pretty much guaranteed a good hatch as far as IVs, but now I seem to get complete garbage IVs about half of the time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 3:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Prior to this event I never even heard of anyone so much as seeing a Lapras in their nearby around here so I doubt I would have ever caught one in the wild without this event.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1857-172961.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1858-172963.JPG
View Quote
Well done!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]
What is a good cp number to evolve a magikarp?

My best is

28/28
11.79 kg
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Is Dratini not included in the water pokemon event?  I've seen 3 Lapras on sightings and caught a million of every other water pokemon in existance, but I've not as much as seen a Dratini on sightings since the event began.  Even the odd Dratini or two downtown have vanished.  I was hoping this event would mean more of them, not less (or none).
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Finally!

http://i.imgur.com/pnEsScb.png

If my goal was a Tyranitar with good IV's I'd make a Larvitar my buddy right now.

For most people the majority of their Larvitar candy is going to come from eggs. You have about a 12% chance of getting a 10 km egg every time you get an egg.  With every 10 km egg you have about a 10% chance of getting a Larvitar.  With every Larvitar hatch you have a 50% chance of getting one with 84% IV's or better.

So you're probably going to need to hatch at least 4 Larvitar before you have enough candy for a Tyranitar evolution with some leftover for a few power ups. Looking at the statistics it's unlikely you'd have enough candy, but not have a Larvitar with good IV's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
2 in one day yussss

http://i.imgur.com/MwEpIes.png
View Quote
You're well on your way to your first tyrant lizard king.

I noticed your two Larvitar hatches gave you 18 and 20 candies.  I've had 3 Larvitar hatches and they gave me 19, 17, and 16 candies.  I know it's random, but it seems kind of strange when you can get anywhere between 16 and 32 candies with 10 km hatches.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure when it happened but fairly recently they changed the egg system because you used to be pretty much guaranteed a good hatch as far as IVs, but now I seem to get complete garbage IVs about half of the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it's been the same for a while.  You can get anything between 67% to 100% IV's with a hatch.  

You have a 50% chance getting one with 84% or better IV's and a 16.2% chance of getting one with 91% or better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well done!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1857-172961.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG-1858-172963.JPG
Well done!!
Thanks. It's kind of a trip to go from something being literally nonexistent in an area to being all over the place.  Of course the CP nerf and a significantly lower chance of getting double ice moves has caused Lapras to lose some of it's luster, but it's still a fun event.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:14:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What is a good cp number to evolve a magikarp?

My best is

28/28
11.79 kg
View Quote
It's a combination of IV's, level, and how common magikarp are in your area.  With the water event going for another 5 days I'd wait to see if you got a better one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:22:34 PM EDT
[#16]
My son sent me this today.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is Dratini not included in the water pokemon event?  I've seen 3 Lapras on sightings and caught a million of every other water pokemon in existance, but I've not as much as seen a Dratini on sightings since the event began.  Even the odd Dratini or two downtown have vanished.  I was hoping this event would mean more of them, not less (or none).
View Quote
While Dratini is a water spawn its a pure dragon type, so no, its not included for the water event.

Someone at Niantic screwed up though because for first few hours of the event Dratini were all over the place.   The central part of my city usually has about a dozen or so Dratini at any given time.  For the first few hours there were hundreds of them.  Then Niantic nerfed the hell out of their spawn rate.  Now there are significantly fewer Dratini than there were before the event started.  Instead of the typical dozen or so there are now only one or two.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#18]
New update is out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If my goal was a Tyranitar with good IV's I'd make a Larvitar my buddy right now.

For most people the majority of their Larvitar candy is going to come from eggs. You have about a 12% chance of getting a 10 km egg every time you get an egg.  With every 10 km egg you have about a 10% chance of getting a Larvitar.  With every Larvitar hatch you have a 50% chance of getting one with 84% IV's or better.

So you're probably going to need to hatch at least 4 Larvitar before you have enough candy for a Tyranitar evolution with some leftover for a few power ups. Looking at the statistics it's unlikely you'd have enough candy, but not have a Larvitar with good IV's.
View Quote
I clear my 10km eggs out every day. I walk a lot at work for fire inspections and burn permits and confined space inspections. And inside buildings I drift a lot.
Have a gym and 5 stops on campus.

Finally got a shuckle today.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I clear my 10km eggs out every day. I walk a lot at work for fire inspections and burn permits and confined space inspections. And inside buildings I drift a lot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, you're in fortunate minority then.  How many total km's are you up to?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#21]
We found a shuckle spawn site last night

most are really low cp
max cp at l30 is 194
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#22]
I am a 2013 ingress player, you guys are adorable and thankfully you were never associated with ingress.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:48:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am a 2013 ingress player, you guys are adorable and thankfully you were never associated with ingress.?
View Quote
Okay, hipster.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 3:37:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shuckle is rare?

I can catch them day and night here in the Middle East...

I haven't seen one with a CP over about 200.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I've seen more ice types in my neighborhood over the last 72 hours than I have the previous 8 months.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Shuckle is rare?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shuckle is rare?

I was referring to how much distance he was logging.  Not the shuckle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally got my Lapras. I had one run last fall on the east coast. Only one I had seen. Today an 1802CP popped up in Walmart. Didn't get away.

Is water gun/ice beam good?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Finally got my Lapras. I had one run last fall on the east coast. Only one I had seen. Today an 1802CP popped up in Walmart. Didn't get away.

Is water gun/ice beam good?
View Quote
Congrats.

As for your question: Lapras best attribute is that, even after the nerf, it is the best Dragonite counter in the game. Dragonite have a double weakness to ice, but resist water so for a Dragonite counter you definitely want double ice moves.  However, outside of the Dragonite matchup, Lapras doesn't have a bad offensive moveset.  They are all ranked as 'A'. Water Gun is horrible for defense though.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Catch mechanics have been improved with the latest update.  It's now a lot easier to hit those curve great throws.

Its minor, but I also like how the sky is more detailed with the addition of clouds, stars, etc.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Special item from a pokestop 7 day streak today......annnddd it's my 4th Dragon Scale
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Yesterday's catches of the day:  two perfect IV Magikarps, nearly fully-powered up.  Still waiting to see what the rest of the event brings before hitting the Evolve button, though.

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I now have 9 Gyarados with very high IVs in my Pokedex. Magikarp are about as common as rats, birds and bugs in the areas where we play and it's not difficult to get enough candies to evolve them.

Dratinis, on the other hand...

Ladyfriend and I have been putting a fair amount of distance in this week to try to find them. As Hunter-Killer mentioned, first night of the event saw me catch a few at our popular area park. After that...not a damned one to be found anywhere but my companion hatched one from a 10k egg earlier in the week.

Friday night we went on a bicycle ride to an area south of us, which is a known Dratini/Dragonair spawn area. She had her phone mapping the trail and calling out sightings. We Stop For Dratini, or something to that effect. Right up to the point her front hub started making the grindy noise which signifies a disintegrating bearing.

Reading H-Ks post about nerfed spawn rates took a little of the sting off the shortened ride.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Special item from a pokestop 7 day streak today......annnddd it's my 4th Dragon Scale
View Quote
I know what you mean.  I'd happily trade two King's Rocks for one Metal Coat.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yesterday's catches of the day:  two perfect IV Magikarps, nearly fully-powered up.  Still waiting to see what the rest of the event brings before hitting the Evolve button, though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/336448/Magikarp182-174312.png  https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/336448/Magikarp176-174313.png  
View Quote
Very nice. Especially since you can't hatch karp anymore.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#35]
It's not water related, but this was definitely my catch of the day:

Attachment Attached File

With the lowest base capture rate in the game and a high level she was a real bitch to catch.  The catch circle was dark red the entire time and it took at least 10 razz, ultra ball, curve, great throws before I finally caught her.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:32:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Hatched a Chancey to level up to 26. They don't give you shit between every fifth do they?

I'm at 294km walked, and 352 Magikarp candies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Actually it's been the same for a while.  You can get anything between 67% to 100% IV's with a hatch.  

You have a 50% chance getting one with 84% or better IV's and a 16.2% chance of getting one with 91% or better.
View Quote
Up until about a month ago all of my hatches have been 87+

But just yesterday I hatched an Aerodactyl with 81 and a Pineco with 79....
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RNG is just that.  Random.  Sometimes you get good stuff.  Sometimes you get decent stuff.  Sometimes you get shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
This is just ridiculous- I started catching Seels on the 24th. I just evolved one into a Dewdong- in 4 fucking days

eta- now to work on turning my Seadra into a Kingdra
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#41]
I had 6 magicarp candies prior to the even, I'm at 226 right now. Need to get a gyrados!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Finally have a decent Dragonite.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This is just ridiculous- I started catching Seels on the 24th. I just evolved one into a Dewdong- in 4 fucking days

eta- now to work on turning my Seadra into a Kingdra
View Quote
I know what you mean.  Over the past 8 months I've caught 90 Seel including hatches.  Over the past 5 days I've caught over 40.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice. Best currently available moveset.  What are the IV's?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I had 6 magicarp candies prior to the even, I'm at 226 right now. Need to get a gyrados!
View Quote
Where you live do karp spawn near bodies of water or do they very rarely spawn anywhere?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#46]
So, is the "shiny" thing real or fake?  I have yet to catch one or see anyone else catch one.  All I've seen is the same "screenshots" being passed around online.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So, is the "shiny" thing real or fake?  I have yet to catch one or see anyone else catch one.  All I've seen is the same "screenshots" being passed around online.
View Quote
It's definitely real.  I saw a red Gyarados in a gym today.

They are pretty damn rare though. I've caught 148 karp since the event started and still haven't seen one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
84% IV's, over lvl 30, and with the best defensive moveset and best currently available offensive moveset. I'd say that's more than "decent." Though it's too bad you've been spending your dust like a drunken roughneck on payday.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

84% IV's, over lvl 30, and with the best defensive moveset and best currently available offensive moveset. I'd say that's more than "decent." Though it's too bad you've been spending your dust like a drunken roughneck on payday.
View Quote
I know  I need to hustle up some more dust.  The 6000 dust power ups on some of them are killing me
Page / 176
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top