User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 25
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sooner someone with authority comes out and clears these officers and unequivocally states that what's-his-face was going for a gun and posed a deadly threat to the officers and this shooting was legal and justified the better.

View Quote

Nobody (absolutely nobody) that makes a statement like that will have any sort of "authority" with the #BLM crowd et al.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 2:22:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anybody think the cop smelled weed as he approached the car?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You kidding? You think the statement of the guy's lawyer is game over? Do you afford that same level of credibility to other people?

"His lawyer says it wasn't him that shot that the rival gangbanger"

Welp, game over. Guaranteed the surveillance video backs that up. Right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom. Game over.

Good shoot based on comments from lawyer. Guarantee dash cam audio will back his claims up.

Told him "DONT MOVE!"  That the dead guy had a gun in his lap.

Narrative, just like Michael Brown and Freddy Grey, was bullshit.

You kidding? You think the statement of the guy's lawyer is game over? Do you afford that same level of credibility to other people?

Yes, because no lawyer is going to make a statement like "He told him to NOT MOVE" when there is a dash cam video/audio that could easily prove/disprove that.

I've already said, in my mind/experience everything is pointing towards justified in this case.  The chick in the facebook video is discredited with claims of "broken taillight" etc.  The BOLO for the armed robbery confirmed by the radio traffic and the statement through the lawyer tells me that even if this idiot wasn't the suspect, he had a gun in reach and failed to obey lawful command to "NOT MOVE".

So yeah, game over......best case scenario.....you got shot because you are too stupid to realize that having a gun in/near your hand during a traffic stop is a bad idea.......or worst case scenario, you got shot because you WERE trying to hurt the officer.

But then, we'll see.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why anyone would be a cop these days is beyond me.
View Quote

I think recruitment will be very difficult;

Many stuck part way through their 20 year sentence, just doing time to get the pension and early retirement.

Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I've already said, in my mind/experience everything is pointing towards justified in this case.  The chick in the facebook video is discredited with claims of "broken taillight" etc.  The BOLO for the armed robbery confirmed by the radio traffic and the statement through the lawyer tells me that even if this idiot wasn't the suspect, he had a gun in reach and failed to obey lawful command to "NOT MOVE".

View Quote

I wouldn't automatically discount the girlfriend because she said that they were pulled over because of a broken tail light as it is entirely possible that is what she thought happened.  For all we know, the officer gave that as his initial reason so as not to let them know he pulled them over as robbery suspects.

Considering that they were not in fact the actual robbery suspects, they would have no reason to know that was the reason and I seriously doubt that the officer would tell her that.
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The sooner someone with authority comes out and clears these officers and unequivocally states that what's-his-face was going for a gun and posed a deadly threat to the officers and this shooting was legal and justified the better.

Follow it up with riots and disruptive protests will not be tolerated. Peacefully demonstrate all you want, interrupt other people's lives and create violence.....it will be quashed.
View Quote

What do you think about the DOJ Civil Rights division parachuting in on these? In the best case scenario, one would hope that their clearing the officer would settle shit down. But, that hasn't been the case for Ferguson or NYC. Complicating the matter is the fact the Obama, Lynch and Holder (even w/o the ag job) all undercut the statements made by the DOJ attorneys and investigators. I suspect the only statement authorities will make is "the Police acted stupidly."
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Any officers here have thoughts on this statement regarding felony stops:
Albert Goins, an attorney who assisted the family in the hours following the shooting, said that if Castile was indeed a robbery suspect, officers would have initiated a felony traffic stop.

“A felony stop does not usually involve officers walking up to your car and asking you to produce your driver’s license,” Goins said. “A felony stop involves bringing the suspect out at gunpoint while officers are in a position of cover and having them lie on the ground until they can identify who that individual is.”
View Quote

http://m.startribune.com/police-audio-officer-stopped-philando-castile-on-robbery-suspicion/386344001/
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 8:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

http://m.startribune.com/police-audio-officer-stopped-philando-castile-on-robbery-suspicion/386344001/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Albert Goins, an attorney who assisted the family in the hours following the shooting, said that if Castile was indeed a robbery suspect, officers would have initiated a felony traffic stop.

“A felony stop does not usually involve officers walking up to your car and asking you to produce your driver’s license,” Goins said. “A felony stop involves bringing the suspect out at gunpoint while officers are in a position of cover and having them lie on the ground until they can identify who that individual is.”

IV said before, maybe in another thread.
Bullshit.
If I am positive ( have PC(looks like suspect, car is a match, plate number match)) that he is an armed robbery suspect then yes. Felony stop.
If I am driving past an oncoming car and the driver looks kinda like the bolo on my seat(ras), investigative stop.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:28:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Many stuck part way through their 20 year sentence, just doing time to get the pension and early retirement.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why anyone would be a cop these days is beyond me.

Most departments are going to a 401k that you're able to take with you when you leave so you don't lose progress toward retirement.

My old one did.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

As J75 said, it's bullshit.

This "expert lawyer" should keep his mouth shut and not talk about things which he has no clue.

Lot's of people like to use the phrase "active shooter" and actually don't understand what it means.  Similar, they like to say "felony stop" and really have no clue what that entails.

What these cops did was a "terry stop".  It is not reasonable to do a full blown "felony stop" every time you have RS for a "terry stop".
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This "expert lawyer" should keep his mouth shut and not talk about things which he has no clue.

Lot's of people like to use the phrase "active shooter" and actually don't understand what it means.  Similar, they like to say "felony stop" and really have no clue what that entails.

What these cops did was a "terry stop".  It is not reasonable to do a full blown "felony stop" every time you have RS for a "terry stop".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey man shut up, maybe they want cops ordering people out of cars at gun point because of the way they look.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 2:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hey man shut up, maybe they want cops ordering people out of cars at gun point because of the way they look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/lWsrpOA.jpg

In a liberals mind that is more reasonable........

Until they realize that thousands of terry stops happen daily.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

but, but, but he has a scary looking gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His shoulder thing really goes up
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libtards just don't get it.

By the way, how many have you done (terry stops) on what you thought was a bad guy you were looking for that started out calm, and BOOM, turned into the 300yard dash event?

They go from calm to "oh shit" in 2.87 seconds.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Facts:  
1)  RC stopped the car when the cop pulled him over;
         2)  RC voluntarily notified the cop that he had a firearm in the car;
         3)  Based on the frantic screaming from the cop and the narrative provided by the passenger, the cop asked RC to keep his hands in the open, yet ask RC for license and registration;
         4)  RC has a female passenger and a 4 years old kid in the backseat.

Based on those information, what caused this cop to assess RC as a threat?  Has any cop-killer ever announced that they had a gun with them before blasting away?  On the contrary, all the videos I have seen the cops were surprised by the perps who pulled out guns from concealed position and opened fire first WITHOUT warning.  Which cop-killer bring their woman and children along for their crime?  And most damning is the conflicting commands he gave to RC.  Does RC keep his hands on the wheels or comply and get the papers the cop asked for?  

This is major FUBAR by that cop that resulted in this mess.  I am certain most other cops would have handled it MUCH better.  A cool headed cop would either ask to see his permit (if one required) or ask for the location of the firearm first.  Heck, a cop could ask RC to turn it over to him to hold it until this traffic stop is completed then return to him.  Yet this cop did none of that.  He should not be in this line of work.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Facts:  
         3)  Based on the frantic screaming from the cop and the narrative provided by the passenger, the cop asked RC to keep his hands in the open, yet ask RC for license and registration;

Based on those information, what caused this cop to assess RC as a threat?  Has any cop-killer ever announced that they had a gun with them before blasting away?  On the contrary, all the videos I have seen the cops were surprised by the perps who pulled out guns from concealed position and opened fire first WITHOUT warning.  Which cop-killer bring their woman and children along for their crime?  And most damning is the conflicting commands he gave to RC.  Does RC keep his hands on the wheels or comply and get the papers the cop asked for?  

This is major FUBAR by that cop that resulted in this mess.  I am certain most other cops would have handled it MUCH better.  A cool headed cop would either ask to see his permit (if one required) or ask for the location of the firearm first.  Heck, a cop could ask RC to turn it over to him to hold it until this traffic stop is completed then return to him.  Yet this cop did none of that.  He should not be in this line of work.
View Quote

Where did you see the video of what leads up to the shooting? I can't find it online.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Are you the 4 year old or the woman that were in the car?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Facts:  

Obviously not, he's just a 13er that jumps to conclusions without waiting for all the facts.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:29:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I haven't followed this entire thread because of all that's going on, but has it been announced yet whether this cop had on a body cam?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 8:35:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I haven't followed this entire thread because of all that's going on, but has it been announced yet whether this cop had on a body cam?
View Quote

Negative.

All he had was his balls and his word.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts:  

Neither.  I based my information from that cell phone video recording.  From what the cop said and what the woman passenger said.  After all, those are the ONLY facts we have right now.  I admit it, I could be wrong, if more contradicting information is released.  I just hope this investigation does not drag on for years or "facts" get sealed under court order based on an undisclosed settlement agreement.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Facts:  

View Quote

who is RC?
parts in blue are not established facts.
he was stopped because he matched the photo of an armed robbery suspect
yes, shit heads will often claim to have a permit, then flip when not taken at their word
what conflicting commands?
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

who is RC?
yes, shit heads will often claim to have a permit, then flip when not taken at their word
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts:  

who is RC?

Apparently GimpsUnlimited's understanding of the legal and literal definitions of the word, "fact" is tenuous at best.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Negative.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative.

And in car video was seized.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Apparently GimpsUnlimited's understanding of the legal and literal definitions of the word, "fact" is tenuous at best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts:  

who is RC?

It really depends on what your definition of "IS" is.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts:  

who is RC?

Information Systems
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Facts:  

View Quote

Yeah, that's nice sweetheart. But, uh, how many people who CCW do you know that keep the firearm in their lap when pulled over?

Yeah, let the dash cam video/audio come out......I'm willing to bet you'll need to figure out a recipe for crow.

RC is by all evidence (social media and arrest past) NOT a stand up guy. There is a generalization that can be made from all the information that is know about him......that generalization is that he was a thug.

Link Posted: 7/13/2016 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Neither.  I based my information from that cell phone video recording.  From what the cop said and what the woman passenger said.  After all, those are the ONLY facts we have right now.  I admit it, I could be wrong, if more contradicting information is released.  I just hope this investigation does not drag on for years or "facts" get sealed under court order based on an undisclosed settlement agreement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Facts:  

Esp when the cell phone video was mirrored/flipped and the RC, recently cooled, aka dead guy, was in the passenger seat with a gun in his lap.

But the only facts that matter is the narrative and what highway will be shut down next.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:26:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Negative.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative.

Well, there we go then. Case closed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Facts:  

View Quote

I CAN TYPING!! 11!11!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's nice sweetheart. But, uh, how many people who CCW do you know that keep the firearm in their lap when pulled over?

View Quote

Has that been proven?  The last thing information I'd seen was that responding EMS and LE stated his gun was holstered when they removed him from the vehicle, but that was a few days after it had happened.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Interesting.  So that seems to answer the permit question.

Also --- from the article:
"We got pulled over for a busted tail light in the back. And the police just – he's, he's covered. They killed my boyfriend. He's licensed – he's licensed to carry," Reynolds said. "He was trying to get out his ID and his wallet out of his pocket and he let the officer know that he had a firearm and he was reaching for his wallet. And the officer just shot him in his arm."

I wonder if that's literally what happened.  "I've got a gun" followed by furtive movements.  That situation will be interpreted very differently than "Officer, I have a permit to carry, and I am carrying right now, how would you like to proceed?" while remaining motionless and keeping your hands open and empty and in plain sight.

I really want someone to have audio or video of the full encounter.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:55:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"We got pulled over for a busted tail light in the back. And the police just – he's, he's covered. They killed my boyfriend. He's licensed – he's licensed to carry," Reynolds said. "He was trying to get out his ID and his wallet out of his pocket and he let the officer know that he had a firearm and he was reaching for his wallet. And the officer just shot him in his arm."

I wonder if that's literally what happened.  "I've got a gun" followed by furtive movements.  That situation will be interpreted very differently than "Officer, I have a permit to carry, and I am carrying right now, how would you like to proceed?" while remaining motionless and keeping your hands open and empty and in plain sight.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's been my suspected scenario all along.

Cop:  "ID please"
PC:  *reaching for wallet*  "I've got my carry permit and a gun."
Cop:  "Hands up!" or whatever.
PC:  *still in the process of extracting wallet, pulls something from his pants*
Cop:  Boom.

But who knows.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:15:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Has that been proven?  The last thing information I'd seen was that responding EMS and LE stated his gun was holstered when they removed him from the vehicle, but that was a few days after it had happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that is true than I'll gladly eat crow.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:21:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Metro officer decommissioned over Facebook post

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – A Metro police officer has been decommissioned for a post he made on his personal Facebook page.

According to a release, Hermitage Precinct Midnight shift Officer Anthony Venable was immediately decommissioned pending the results of an internal investigation.

During a Facebook conversation, Venable wrote, "Yeah, I would have done 5.” This was an apparent reference to the number of shots fired in the Minnesota officer-involved shooting that occurred Wednesday.

His supervisors learned about the post at 3 p.m. Thursday.

When questioned by a supervisor, Venable acknowledged the post, but said it was a form of sarcasm directed at a person he was talking to on Facebook.

The Office of Professional Accountability has launched an investigation into the specific posting and Venable’s Facebook conversation.

"The police department is treating this matter very seriously and took immediate action, regardless of what he claims the context to have been,” Chief Anderson said.

Venable has been with the police department for eight years.

View Quote

I know how that goes.

I was banned from GD for over two years for making a sarcastic joke directed at a certain group of people at a time when making any negative comment about said group of people (whether the intent was humorous or not) was grounds for a smackdown.

I was dumb when I did it, and that officer was REALLY dumb when he did it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Yes, because no lawyer is going to make a statement like "He told him to NOT MOVE" when there is a dash cam video/audio that could easily prove/disprove that.

So yeah, game over......best case scenario.....you got shot because you are too stupid to realize that having a gun in/near your hand during a traffic stop is a bad idea.......or worst case scenario, you got shot because you WERE trying to hurt the officer.

But then, we'll see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom. Game over.

Good shoot based on comments from lawyer. Guarantee dash cam audio will back his claims up.

But then, we'll see.

I'm fully aware that if it's a cop, him saying it was justified is enough for you.

But... that's the point I was trying to make. You would never give any other suspect that same benefit of the doubt. Your "best case scenario" is just hilarious and really betrays the underlying assumptions you make in evaluating a situation if there's a cop involved. "Well a cop would never lie, it could possibly be disproven, so that would never happen" (happens rather regularly).
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I'm fully aware that if it's a cop, him saying it was justified is enough for you.

But... that's the point I was trying to make. You would never give any other suspect that same benefit of the doubt. Your "best case scenario" is just hilarious and really betrays the underlying assumptions you make in evaluating a situation if there's a cop involved. "Well a cop would never lie, it could possibly be disproven, so that would never happen" (happens rather regularly).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom. Game over.

But then, we'll see.

But the fact is that his first statement holds a lot of water.

There is NO FUCKING WAY that the officer's lawyer would say that the officer said don't move to Castille if he hadn't and that is shown on the dashcam recording.

If it comes out that he, in fact, did not say that, the Lawyer has zero credibility... Not that lawyers have much credibility anyway...

Hillary is a Lawyer...

The case would be instantly lost if he doesn't say "Don't move" or worse if he says, "Lemme see your ID" And then "Don't Move!" in the same sentence unless they can CLEARLY articulate that Castille was going for his gun... after telling the officer he had one and a permit to carry it, and that it had been drawn, which I've heard it was still securely in the holster..

Anyway, I'm going to give the officer's lawyer the benefit of the doubt on this.
Page / 25
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top