Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
In Pennsylvania if you aren't a active, retired, or war veteran of the u.s. military you would be arrested for wearing B.D.U.'s with full insignia! You can have name tapes put on them but if you put unit patches you are impersonating military personel. BTW,I personally think what the police and courts would do to you is merciful compared to what the veterans would do to you! Pa. has a very strong military tradition!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#2]

When you are proud of your Football Team, what do you do ?  You wear their their shirts, etc.,
The Football players do not get mad at wearing their named shirts, they like it.

If someone wears patches on BDUs, that should make "Vets" feel proud that someone is showing respect and is proud of them.  It also makes them feel like someone actually cares what they did for their county.  

I do not wear BDUs but as an American and who lives in the home of the free, we should not put restrictions what one should or should not wear!  We should switch PO MODE ON when people burn the NAtional Flag or disgrace those who served.. I am proud of people who have served and sacrificed their lives for the country and they will always have a place in my heart for if is was not for them , my world would have been a different one.

If you are really PO at something .. Get PO at JAne Fonda's and CO... Rosie O Dounuts..etc.

Brother's unite and Kick Liberal !@#$ 's.. not at Fellows who will help when SHTF.. :)
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:47:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Amen!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
thats all fine and dandy-cept the only people you will see wearing em will be the long hair hippie, liberal, nose ring shit for brains who does not care less about the unit or what it means-they just like pretty  colors to gaze at while high.  that does not sound like honoring a military unit to me.  An to finish up-your "sports team" does not go die for our country either.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Brother's unite and Kick Liberal !@#$ 's.. not at Fellows who will help when SHTF.. :)
View Quote

God, when the SHTF, please, PLEASE send some self-appointed, patch-wearing ranger special forces airborne sniper delta force rambo knife carrying 11-W(annabe) to protect my humble a$$.

This is really pathetic.  BTW, I'm printing up a bunch of PHD's to hang on my office wall right now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I know I won't be upset if you print PHD's for your office. You gotta decor the walls with something.

Just don't get the nose ring!
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#7]
If you cant be PROUD of what you did or have done, without that badge or patch, Then YOU are a [b]Mental Midget[/b]. It takes nothing away from what you did. Quit focusing on the badge and remember what it was that made you proud.
(a little tip!! it was not the badge!!)

Get real, this is not russia.
ANYBODY can wear what they want.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:38:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Your not over re-acting (as someone mentioned)if you puked your guts from a 60 lb ruck run, or landed in a friggen' gully on a night jump!  Earned is earned --
this reminds me of the black beret also should be earned not just issued or worn.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Is this a free country or what?  If the guy want to play wannabe then so be it. Let him be what he want.  Remember that we wore those patches to fight, to protect and to defend our Liberty and Freedom.  By telling him what to do or what not to do is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Where can I buy a Minute Man 4" Patch in OD?
Anyone??
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can I buy a big Wannabe patch for my SWAT suit?[:o)][:o)][:o)]

Like said above, Be proud of the events, not the clothing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#13]
My view on it is that you should wear badges, emblems or patches you don't rate.  Having said that it is a free country, do what you like as long as you don't try to pass yourself off as someone who actually earned what you are wearing, than nothing adverse should happen to you.  When I see people wearing a EGA that have never been in the Corps I shake my head and think they don't rate it, but other than nothing normally happens.

Those that don't think that those small things don't mean something to people that have had to put out effort to earn them.  You must have never done some of the things to earn them, plan and simple.  Does that make you any worse in your job, no it doesn't but you tone might change if you would have to put forth the effort to earn the same things.  

When I am out in town and see someone wearing cammies I don't care, they are normally wearing them for hunting, utility work, etc.  However when I see some wearing uniform and is an obvious "wannabe" or something like I and most service members I know think they are just being dumb asses.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Let's take this to another level.  How about ribbons and medals?

Should everyone be able to wear a Viet Nam Service Medal?  
Purple heart, anyone?

[red][size=4]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]
this is bs in pa we do this or we do that pa has a strong this or that who gives a shit man.  all these druged out hippies wearing fatigues.  letem like some one said you can usually take one look and tell who has btdt.  

what about all the hippie vets???  people who came back from the war and were so strung out from americas lack to suppert them and welcome them home, turned to drugs.  i dont think pvt jokers bdus is what we should be worring about.  half the people here have prolly never even seen the inside of a post let alone served oh they tell you they have and they like to talk shit about ripping stetsons of of peoples heads and telling them to earn.  i tell you what when its coming across a modem theres alot of mean talk.  

so like i said earlier pvt joker wear your bdus and be happy.   put what ever you want on them.  and like i said before to people talking about earning a sniper tab, guess what no such thing.  you might have a sniper qualifier at the end of your mos designation but you wont have a sniper tab on your uniform.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2001 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
sorry bout the misspelled words in the rant and rave
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Imagine this.

All these pompous, pious, people expounding freedoms virtues so vigorously they spittle and wet themselves, trying to tell this poor young buck what he can and cannot wear.
Link Posted: 5/1/2001 5:53:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Not to mention that greasy, out-of-shape, lackadaisical civilians wearing BDUs as casual wear look like friggin' morons.  I haven't worn my BDU's since my discharge in 1991, and I am neither greasy, out of shape, nor lackadaisical. I can't think of too many social occasions where they are appropriate.  Maybe for hunting.  Paintball is silly, a disgusting symptom of our leisure culture, so you might as well.

I still wear my camouflage covers("cap" to you Army types) when I PT or work outside. It has the Marine Insignia, but I earned it.

That being said, it is a free country.  You can wear whatever you want.  If you want to provide comic relief at Gun Shows that is your business.  Just be aware that most people will be laughing at you, and when they go home they will tell their wives about all the wannabes who were playing soldier.

As far as children wearing their father's covers:  I bought a small cover for my 3-year-old son.  It has the Marine Corps insignia on it.  Are you all going to threaten him if he wears it?  Some people need to get a life.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top