Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Friend or family?  I would call in an air strike.  Random Arfcom member?  I would wait for the dust to settle and hope he gets a new house, free retirement,  and new guns from the lawsuit.

Maybe even start a gofundme for the legal.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:05:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This person needs credibility first.  

View Quote

This. His he going to trick me into shooting a bunch of good men?
For my good friends, I may go render help. There are people in this world who if they told me to start some chaos, I would. For a random stranger online? I don't think I would.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Offer to sell him some .22 at triple the price or offer to buy all of his .22 ammo at 1/3 cost.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I had my toe tag put on in the first wave. Lol
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hypothetical is lacking ingredients.  

What are the outside forces in play?  Where is political discourse ATM?  Who is it calling for help-- can he be independently vetted? (IE: can a quick google search credibly show he's not a dealer or skinhead/snackbar activist?)

Once you fo, you've fo'ed, and there's little chance of going back to prefo.  Better be sure.

If this is an (dah dah DAHHHHH!) Isolated incident with no buildup or foreshadowing, then I'd watch closely and maybe unlock the safe.

If this is happening amidst the general uproar of a simultaneous campaign of grabbery and asshattery by the pols and media... If there were bills active... if the media was in frenzy...

In short, if this were a credible event, I'd deeply consider fo'ing.  

At the very least, I'd be considering showing up with a camera and telephoto to document actors.  Remember, the best time to untie the jackboot isn't when they're massed, armed, and frenzied --- it's when they're at the local boozery later, relaxed, half in the bag, and congratulating themselves on what wonderful bootprints they put on the prole's neck..
View Quote
These are excellent questions, thank you.

To answer, Same basic political climate screams for gun control. For sake of example, Since it is my example, This individual gives a photograph of his drivers license to the thread. and his location is in an area that is under some type of calamity that has given the powers at be the excuse to up the anti, much like Katrina, save that you can; at least temporarily; freely ingress and egress (think, no physical nature based barrier to your rendering aid)

As for your last statement. How exactly has that gone with Hillary...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It's either fraud w/ nothing going on, fraud where he's a criminal and trying to get help,  fraud where they're trying to get people to come to his assistance to find "enemies of the state", or a death trap.   I don't see where any of those call  for my help.   Stay out of it and watch what happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A thread appears on GD and is copy/pasted to every subsection.

This thread is by a member who is in his own dwelling, asking for help... no begging for help. Pictures are posted from supposedly his security system showing uniformed armed men outside his door.

A live stream link is posted allegedly by the same individual, from his phone/device, propped up somewhere, you can hear the exchanges as the "officers" demand entry claiming they are there to confiscate firearms and will use force if necessary...

This individual is local to you, inside lets say a city sized area or in a nearby city. His claimed location is an area. (eta: he posts an actual address that appear to check out)

what would you do...

It's either fraud w/ nothing going on, fraud where he's a criminal and trying to get help,  fraud where they're trying to get people to come to his assistance to find "enemies of the state", or a death trap.   I don't see where any of those call  for my help.   Stay out of it and watch what happens.
ok, that's your decision. You wake up the next morning, get your cup of coffee, turn on the TV to the news story that Several individuals Were arrested/killed by authorities in what is being called a "widespread sting operation". You shrug, sit down to breakfast with the kids and..

*knock* *knock* "This is the FBI, We have Records of you filing multiple 4473 forms And have reason to believe Firearms on the property. Open the Door or it will be Opened by force"
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I wouldn't tell anyone on an open forum monitored by law enforcement what I would do.

OPSEC bro.
View Quote
Now, that is the a post i can respect.

So far, The responses are going as expected.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ok, that's your decision. You wake up the next morning, get your cup of coffee, turn on the TV to the news story that Several individuals Were arrested/killed by authorities in what is being called a "widespread sting operation". You shrug, sit down to breakfast with the kids and..  

*knock* *knock* "This is the FBI, We have Records of you filing multiple 4473 forms And have reason to believe Firearms on the property. Open the Door or it will be Opened by force"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is by a member who is in his own dwelling, asking for help... no begging for help. Pictures are posted from supposedly his security system showing uniformed armed men outside his door.

A live stream link is posted allegedly by the same individual, from his phone/device, propped up somewhere, you can hear the exchanges as the "officers" demand entry claiming they are there to confiscate firearms and will use force if necessary...

This individual is local to you, inside lets say a city sized area or in a nearby city. His claimed location is an area. (eta: he posts an actual address that appear to check out)

what would you do...

Honestly it's not going to end well for the first people if something like that happens.   They're toast, and there's little we can do to help them.    There's no benefit in being a dead martyr fighting an unwinnable fight against a prepared enemy.    

Might as well just take all my clothes off, pour cooking oil all over myself, then start laughing hysterically and run out the door.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck it . . . I'm tired of waiting . . . I'm in ! ! !

Let's roll ! ! !

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Honestly it's not going to end well for the first people if something like that happens.   They're toast, and there's little we can do to help them.    There's no benefit in being a dead martyr fighting an unwinnable fight against a prepared enemy.    

Might as well just take all my clothes off, pour cooking oil all over myself, then start laughing hysterically and run out the door.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

what would you do...

So, How many Die before you decide its "legit"?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

To answer, Same basic political climate screams for gun control. For sake of example, Since it is my example, This individual gives a photograph of his drivers license to the thread. and his location is in an area that is under some type of calamity that has given the powers at be the excuse to up the anti, much like Katrina, save that you can; at least temporarily; freely ingress and egress (think, no physical nature based barrier to your rendering aid)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hypothetical is lacking ingredients.  

What are the outside forces in play?  Where is political discourse ATM?  Who is it calling for help-- can he be independently vetted? (IE: can a quick google search credibly show he's not a dealer or skinhead/snackbar activist?)

Once you fo, you've fo'ed, and there's little chance of going back to prefo.  Better be sure.

If this is an (dah dah DAHHHHH!) Isolated incident with no buildup or foreshadowing, then I'd watch closely and maybe unlock the safe.

If this is happening amidst the general uproar of a simultaneous campaign of grabbery and asshattery by the pols and media... If there were bills active... if the media was in frenzy...

In short, if this were a credible event, I'd deeply consider fo'ing.  

At the very least, I'd be considering showing up with a camera and telephoto to document actors.  Remember, the best time to untie the jackboot isn't when they're massed, armed, and frenzied --- it's when they're at the local boozery later, relaxed, half in the bag, and congratulating themselves on what wonderful bootprints they put on the prole's neck..

At this point, during a calamity ala NOLA/Katrina, if you haven't got a sacrificial smokepole to hand over, you're just dumb.  Pretend to comply and cut contact short by not giving them any reason to search further.  Once they find what they think they're looking for, they tend to move on.

Would not fo.

WOULD DL video to prevent its complete scrubbing in the event authorities realize how big a footprint they left on their own dicks.  WOULD provide/upload video in defense of victim.

Re: Hillary.  Apple and rutabagas.  WWotCA (Wicked Witch of the Chicago Area) is very high profile, surrounded by security, and we are currently not in a state of war.  Also, you never want to make the cow a martyr.

JBTs, on the other hand, are typically local (at least temporarily), don't have security, and are ofttimes arrogant.  They're also the ones who do the actual door busting.  You smite enough door busters and you're going to have a harder and harder time finding door busters.  Think partisan activity.

That being said, we're still not in a state of (declared) war.  Once you fo, for you at least, that changes.  You are then a combatant.  You don't cap a room full of guys in a bar if you aren't willing, at that moment, to declare war on whatever jurisdiction those guys work for.

That's why I asked those questions.  My bar for declaring open war on even a despotic American government is pretty high.  I'm unwilling to throw my life away for no particular gain.

If I watched a guy on video and popo or whoever bashed his door down and shot him down like a dog with no provocation, and then the civic authorities decided to wash it, I'd be feeling a bit more radical.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#12]
He's probably a felon
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

what would you do...

That kind of talk is what I would expect from a government provocateur in a group.   They would be "encouraging" others to do things which would get them in trouble.   I would have to see a concerted effort that violated the Constitution and the rights of the people.    I get one mountain to die on.  It's not going to be trying to save the friendly neighborhood crack dealer, or showing up at an empty house (trap) set by some stranger if I can help it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Single event in a vacuum.. waiting for news at 11

Ongoing events in a campaign of injustice aka crystalnacht.. fo
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:34:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:35:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
ask me how i know you don't know your recent history.  

"very real, very going to happen any day now".... Um, i don't have to wait... its already happened. all that is needed is the correct "excuses" for it to happen again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I put this thread right up there with the way a guy at work will start explaining about how he had karate training.

"All you have to do is drive the guy's nose into his brain and he'll die in an instant.  My swami at Karate Kids R Us told me how to do it."

Good stuff.

Very real, very going to happen any day now.
ask me how i know you don't know your recent history.  

"very real, very going to happen any day now".... Um, i don't have to wait... its already happened. all that is needed is the correct "excuses" for it to happen again

This comment is actually spot on.  It's happened in the past, and human nature is nothing by consistent.  Therefore, it will happen again.

America and our Constitution are all that's standing between tyranny and oppression.  Man's natural inclination seems to always walk towards harming his fellow man.  To believe in something different, is to deny history.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]
If I don't know him, I'll +1 his thread and wait for updates.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Call 911?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#21]
I would hope I have the clarity of mind to come to a correct conclusion of the situation and act accordingly.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Is there a new TRO from his busted up ex?

Did he claim he was going to suicide?

Is there a dead (or alive) hooker in his trunk?

Is this a new federal standard?

Did he menace with a firearm over dog shit on his lawn?

Did they get the form 4473 from the records?

Answers depends on why they want to empty his toy box.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#23]
What are my opinions of the poster?

That would play into it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Will be his thread end up locked, yes or no
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
what details would you need? the thread would of course be responded to occasionally, what would you need answered...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With all those details holy moly
what details would you need? the thread would of course be responded to occasionally, what would you need answered...  

how would you know he isnt a convicted felon?
what if he just killed someone.
what if he just shot a cop.
what if he robbed a bank.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#26]
The premise is fucking retarded. WTF are you going to do if the wolf is already at his door and about to bust it down??? It would be over before you even got up the steps from mom's basement.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I would lay in the bed and scratch my balls while hitting refresh over and over. Same as most nights.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The premise is fucking retarded. WTF are you going to do if the wolf is already at his door and about to bust it down??? It would be over before you even got up the steps from mom's basement.
View Quote

That was my point.  There isn't a damn thing we could do.  We would have no idea if the guy is a common criminal.  All anyone could do is show up and die while making a bigger mess.   It would be stupid to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:50:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is a live stream with family inside and law enforcement outside (pictorally), not just voices, and photographs depicting the same law enforcement with close ups of department badges/ect.  

and before you claim this is far fetched.... this is a fictional adaptation of actual events in New Orleans after Katrina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is a live stream with family inside and law enforcement outside (pictorally), not just voices, and photographs depicting the same law enforcement with close ups of department badges/ect.  

and before you claim this is far fetched.... this is a fictional adaptation of actual events in New Orleans after Katrina

This ain't about police.   It's about the gun owner's credibility.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Why, you got something coming up, OP? Trying to feel out the cavalry?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
nope.

however, The reactions in this thread are why i openly laugh whenever i read "I will not comply, lets get it on"

as for MYOB... read my sig lines
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Assuming it was the start of tyranny in the US and this was one aspect of it, why would I choose to initiate hostilities in a poorly planned meeting engagement on terms that favor the tyrants and that will not have effects that further my long-term goals?

Dean Wormer knew something about strategy: "Put Niedermeyer on it, he's a sneaky little shit just like you." If you choose to be an insurgent, you better also choose to be a sneaky little shit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

what would you do...

View Quote

I'd recommend a good lawyer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#35]
i find the responses here.. predictable
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:45:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With all those details holy moly

Does the guy in question have a history of weird hypothetical posts?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:47:02 PM EDT
[#37]
ignoring the bullshit premise...

look, if your plan in regards to confiscation of firearms is to "fight the man", the time to fight is not when "the man" has you surrounded and vastly outnumbered.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:22:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

nope.    

however, The reactions in this thread are why i openly laugh whenever i read "I will not comply, lets get it on"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

nope.    

lol, I'm prepared to die for my rights.

But if the poster is a cockfag, I ain't lifting a finger.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:59:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And people here claim local law enforcement won't gun grab.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#40]
I would just say this

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:29:59 AM EDT
[#41]
What is his post count.  (No pertinent information in OP.)
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a curious notion is it not
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Do you honestly expect people in a public forum to announce that they would be willing to shoot law enforcement with little information other than the say-so of a hypothetical forum member?  Who could be hiding circumstances that justify law enforcement's actions?  In an actual scenario like this, there are few people here I know well enough to even think about helping in this situation, let alone go Leroy Jenkins for.  

If this were part of a nationwide effort, with this kind of thing happening all over the place and not just an isolated incident, you might see more people willing to do something.  But even then, many of them might not feel so inclined to face off with law enforcement directly.  And they certainly won't be advertising their intentions online.  I remember reading about some III%er guy (in New Mexico/Arizona maybe) who was asked by some fed LEO if they would be loading up to drive up and fight it out with law enforcement in a standoff in some other State.  His response, was essentially, "Why should I bother going to fight guys in another State?  There are plenty of you around here."  If the time comes, I'm sure there are people who will respond, but they probably won't respond in the time or place you expect them to.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:37:51 PM EDT
[#44]
You don't win a conflict like this by going head to head with the juggernaut.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

What would YOU do?  
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

You're a hoot.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:04:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Let's just hope it never comes to the point where democrats have successfully allowed full on door to door confiscation, as this country would be essentially done.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Tag
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Let's just hope it never comes to the point where democrats have successfully allowed full on door to door confiscation, as this country would be essentially done.
View Quote
That's the interesting part. Many states give law enforcement broad powers in a state of emergency or martial law that makes confiscation just inside of the "grey" area that would let the wrong people try it.

Case in point, again, Katrina.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top