Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2016 2:35:21 PM EDT
Outstanding, just outstanding.

Too bad only 1% of Americans will see it and only 25% of those who do will understand it.

America, it sounds good
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought it was a nice speech
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#2]
This it?  Doesn't open the same as your transcript.

This is it.  Transcript was the prepared speech.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You can tell he absolutely hates reading the teleprompter. He sounds like a 5th grader. The hand movements suck. Trump needs to go back to being Trump.

This speech is as phony as they come.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh.

About 3-4 lines dedicated to removing the regulatory boot on the necks of the economy, sprinkled into a hash of populist big-government "OMG mah jerbs!!!" drivel.

Trump sees the problem, but is either ignorant of the cause or (more likely) too busy pandering to fully address it.  Better than Hillary, but still not great.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:06:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it, good speech.  Now he needs to spend some money and get this stuff out there over the waves so people can see it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yet he, and all the rest, want to expand the visa program... So they're not illegal anymore.  Now the millions coming in have papers and can legally work here.

But we cannot go work in Canada, Mexico, India, UK, EU, etc.  Those countries enforce strict immigration policies towards Americans.

The economy is shrinking and they want to bring in millions more.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh.

About 3-4 lines dedicated to removing the regulatory boot on the necks of the economy, sprinkled into a hash of populist big-government drivel.

Trump sees the problem, but is either ignorant of the cause or (more likely) too busy pandering to fully address it.  Better than Hillary, but still not great
View Quote

Ughh.  Here is an example of what should have been said:

I will roll out a spending plan: $500 billion in specific cuts--five major agencies that I would eliminate. By the 100th day of my administration there will be no more IRS, no Department of Commerce, no Department of Energy, no Department of Commerce, and no HUD.  I will tackle the tax code and call on congress to eliminate the corporate income tax.  The current corporate income tax – the source of endless waste and fraud in our tax system – will be eliminated. No longer will American businesses face the highest top tax rate, 35 percent, in the developed world. The trend of American companies and jobs moving off-shore will stop. Instead, all companies will pay a simple, low rate Business Flat Tax of 16 percent. The tax will be based on revenues minus expenses such as equipment, computers, and other business investments.  This simple change to a single 16 percent rate that will assist in American Business and the American Worker to compete fairly with the rest of the World.

It is really not that hard - but Donald J Trump does not WANT to know how to fix anything.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I will roll out a spending plan: $500 billion in specific cuts--five major agencies that I would eliminate. By the 100th day of my administration there will be no more IRS, no Department of Commerce, no Department of Energy, no Department of Commerce, and no HUD.  I will tackle the tax code and call on congress to eliminate the corporate income tax.  The current corporate income tax – the source of endless waste and fraud in our tax system – will be eliminated. No longer will American businesses face the highest top tax rate, 35 percent, in the developed world. The trend of American companies and jobs moving off-shore will stop. Instead, all companies will pay a simple, low rate Business Flat Tax of 16 percent. The tax will be based on revenues minus expenses such as equipment, computers, and other business investments.  This simple change to a single 16 percent rate that will assist in American Business and the American Worker to compete fairly with the rest of the World.

It is really not that hard - but Donald J Trump does not WANT to know how to fix anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

About 3-4 lines dedicated to removing the regulatory boot on the necks of the economy, sprinkled into a hash of populist big-government drivel.

Trump sees the problem, but is either ignorant of the cause or (more likely) too busy pandering to fully address it.  Better than Hillary, but still not great

Do you like Commerce?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do you like Commerce?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you like Commerce?

He must... he just outlined a plan to make it skyrocket.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Blah blah blah.

Knock yourselves out picking the man apart - I don't really care what he does as the head executive other than who he nominates to the supreme court.

Lousy presidents can be overcome by a few good ones or a strong congress - but a liberally stacked supreme court is the death knell of liberty for a lifetime.

There is no way I will cast a vote that increases the chance of Hillary being the one that does the nominating.

Look beyond the candidate and realize you are voting by proxy for the supreme court.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you like Commerce?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh.

NONSENSE--- As usual from the ANTI TRUMP HATERS...

It would be STUPID to put out something so VASTLY CONTROVERSIAL...

Until AFTER he is the NOMINEE!!!

There's PLENTY of time to raise $$$,

Destroy the HATER"S Idol  --Hillery...

And present policy ...

Strategically timed to enhance the TRUMP'S Win Opportunity

And to give the Hillery and the Hater Crowd LESS to BITCH about...

CONSTANTLY

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you like Commerce?

Yikes!  If I keep one of the Department of Commerce would that be ok?  

or  Can I replace one "no Department of Commerce" with a "no Department of Education"?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top