Quoted:
And here come the j hovs........
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

+1 on all of the above.  

A lot of them are genuinely good people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
JW threads here are just as tiring as the Trump Hillary threads to me.

If your curious as to what they believe, ask them. I've got a Muslim coworker who I had questions about their diet, what constitutes Halal, so I asked him. Certainly figured he'd know...

I really don't get the hatred for a group that does work for free... They are no more a cult than any other religion and they make some valid points...

Frankly, the more I observe in the news, I hope they are right and God does purge the world soon. It's getting crazier than ever...

+1 on all of the above.  

Yep. I only know of two Friday Night Witnesses, the rest actually live by their beliefs. If their hall finds out about what they do away from the hall, they are going to be GONE.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've found that JWs are busybodies that don't respect property rights.

The scorn is well earned.
View Quote

I have a hard time being a dick to people who only have my best interests at heart.... YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Because walking up your walk or driveway and ringing your doorbell or knocking on the door or,  GASP!  saying hi to you in your yard is so disrespectful.  

Sharing their beliefs,  That is what they do,  that is what they are directed to do by their religion.  Has nothing to do with being busybodies.  They genuinely are trying to better the world in their view.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because walking up your walk or driveway and ringing your doorbell or knocking on the door or,  GASP!  saying hi to you in your yard is so disrespectful.  

Sharing their beliefs,  That is what they do,  that is what they are directed to do by their religion.  Has nothing to do with being busybodies.  They genuinely are trying to better the world in their view.  

IDGAF about what a bunch of window licking religious zeroes think will improve the world.

If I had my way about it I would pungi-pit the front lawn just to watch them fall in and scream.  I'd pop a beer and take bets on who would make it out first.

Get. Off. My. Lawn.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are no more a cult than any other religion
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a hard time being a dick to people who only have my best interests at heart.... YMMV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I'm sure they need your money too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Room for you here on earth, but not for them?

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:17:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yep. I only know of two Friday Night Witnesses, the rest actually live by their beliefs. If their hall finds out about what they do away from the hall, they are going to be GONE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If your curious as to what they believe, ask them. I've got a Muslim coworker who I had questions about their diet, what constitutes Halal, so I asked him. Certainly figured he'd know...

I really don't get the hatred for a group that does work for free... They are no more a cult than any other religion and they make some valid points...

Frankly, the more I observe in the news, I hope they are right and God does purge the world soon. It's getting crazier than ever...

+1 on all of the above.  

My former boss was a JW,  in bumfuck ND.  And through the church (Kingdom hall),  Knew my brothers former wife was cheating on him in Rawlins friggin WY,  before my brother knew.  Because the congregation leaders suspected she was being unfaithful and let it be known to the congregation leaders that she may need to be ex-communicated.   I was floored when my boss pulled me aside and told me I need to talk with my brother about it.  They had names and times and places.    

They are not completely rigid,  but they have morals to be followed and if you don't follow them or make the religion look bad,  they want nothing to do with you.  They only involved me because I was family and my boss knew I was formerly a congregant as a kid.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would ask why their churches have no windows. What do they do in there?
View Quote

They got sick of people throwing 1911's through the glass. Most JW's are Glock people.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IDGAF about what a bunch of window licking religious zeroes think will improve the world.

If I had my way about it I would pungi-pit the front lawn just to watch them fall in and scream.  I'd pop a beer and take bets on who would make it out first.

Get. Off. My. Lawn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get. Off. My. Lawn.

Fair enough.  You might be a tad antisocial,  and may have some psychological issues.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I say that???? No.....however there is not room on my property for them...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

answer the door naked holding a .45 and they will never come back.  Ask me how i know.
View Quote

Add I just talked the wife into anal sex for the 1st time WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT..............and it works on Kirby salesmen too
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:25:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, how would I deduce you were taking about your property rather than this thread where a JW is posting?

Am I a mind reader?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the entire time I was involved with them,  my mother,  nor I have ever been asked for money.  But hey if thats what you want to believe,  So be it.

Anf FWIW to you,  I believe there is a god,  I probably align more christian rather than lutheran or catholic,  but I am on the sidelines as of now as far as worshiping goes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Does the j hov church force the members to go door to door? How many people join vs. doors slammed in faces???
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Now, how would I deduce you were taking about your property rather than this thread where a JW is posting?

Am I a mind reader?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I a mind reader?

I just was just making an observation that multiple j hovs where showing up In the thread....and you blew it way the fuck out of proportion and insinuated that I don't want j hovs on the earth..
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:34:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does the j hov church force the members to go door to door? How many people join vs. doors slammed in faces???
View Quote

No,  and Lots of slammed doors.  Some join.  

Some assholes,  not unlike some assholes in this particular forum who feel the need to hate them because their religion,  or the fact that they are bothering them or trespassing have been known to shoot JW's for bothering them.

It is encouraged to go door to door however.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't they think that only a certain number of people go to heaven?  Wouldn't recruiting more competition be counter-intuitive to their goal?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#19]
This is one of many reasons why I have cameras outside. Doorbell rings and I pull out my phone to see who it is. Anybody wearing a suit or otherwise dressed like a politician, religious solicitor, salesman or cop gets ignored.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I sold the local branch a lot to build their knew building on. They were easy enough to work with. They thought the location I offered them & the price was a sign from God. They were happy. I was happy. The guys I delt with asked me if I'd like to come to one of their meetings. I respectfully declined.

I have zero problems with them. Their beliefs are different than mine but 'till they start a jihad against me, I'm fine with 'em.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Some assholes,  not unlike some assholes in this particular forum who feel the need to hate them because their religion,  or the fact that they are bothering them or trespassing have been known to shoot JW's for bothering them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does the jw church feel about premarital sex????
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on....  Really?

I think you know that answer.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just was just making an observation that multiple j hovs where showing up In the thread....and you blew it way the fuck out of proportion and insinuated that I don't want j hovs on the earth..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I a mind reader?

So, you knew what I meant and tried to bail out of it by chest puffing on the JW's that visit your door?

I'm not the only one who didn't like your post BTW, it wasn't just me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:42:28 PM EDT
[#24]
They have been in my house many times. A nice old lady and my wife talked religion almost weekly. My wife took their pamphlets but they would never take any from her and they really don't question their doctrines. The men run everything in the church. Most go to church on Sunday and a few go on Sat. JW's and the SDA's came out of the same general movement in the 1844ish time frame. Big difference in doctrines between the two.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ is the Creator, and He certainly did receive the worship of men.

Mt 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Mt 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Mt 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

Mt 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Many more verses show where men worshipped Jesus, and Jesus received that worship.

And as far as God's name?  He has many.  Jehovah is not His only name.  Jesus is one.  Jealous is another.

Ex 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correction - jehovahs witnesses do follow Jesus - they even follow his commands at Matthew 28:18-20- 19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” But throughout Jesus earthly ministry he never once ever asked for praise for himself, when people bowed to him he corrected them always giving glory to his father - the creator of all things - jehovah - who's name was removed from most bibles and replaced with only titles like "lord" and "almighty"

Psalms 83:18 - "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth."

Jesus Christ is the Creator, and He certainly did receive the worship of men.

Mt 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

Mt 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Mt 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Mt 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Mt 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Mt 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

Mt 18:26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.

Mt 20:20 Then came to him the mother of Zebedee’s children with her sons, worshipping him, and desiring a certain thing of him.

Mt 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

Many more verses show where men worshipped Jesus, and Jesus received that worship.

And as far as God's name?  He has many.  Jehovah is not His only name.  Jesus is one.  Jealous is another.

Ex 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

They were waiting for Jesus to come, they knew through the old testament God was sending a savior. but Worship And bowing down out of respect are 2 different things. Many translations don't use the term worship either. And if Jesus wanted to be worshiped as God, if you believe Jesus is God - why at Matthew 4:3 would satan himself call Jesus the son of God? If Jesus was God how could he even be tempted by Satan? And why would say an say it Again at Matthew 4:6, then finally Matthew 4:10 - jesus said to worship God only, why if Jesus was God would he not say worship himself?

Exodus 34:14 - gods name Jehovah was removed and replaced with the title lord. Go look it up in Hebrew if you need to. Jehovah is jealous - jealous as in wanting his followers to serve him only and no other gods.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

This is one of many reasons why I have cameras outside. Doorbell rings and I pull out my phone to see who it is. Anybody wearing a suit or otherwise dressed like a politician, religious solicitor, salesman or cop gets ignored.
View Quote
Why do you do that?  You can always refuse to talk to them.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use to enjoy fucking with them.....they're so serious.....unfortunately they started to realize I was just fucking with them...and they skip my house now...
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#28]
No problem with JW, until they start ringing my door bell. Have worked odd hours for a long time. Any a-hole that wakes me up for no good reason is not treated well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No problem with JW, until they start ringing my door bell. Have worked odd hours for a long time. Any a-hole that wakes me up for no good reason is not treated well.
View Quote

If it bothers you that bad, leave a note by the doorbell button.  They do have respect,  and every one I have known can read.  

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:00:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Ask them if Jehovah died.
Memorize the first 2 chapters of Revelation.
That the first and the last died. And that Alpha and Omega is Jehovah.
If they ask you  who  then did Jesus pray to, say Elohiem.

I drove em nuts one day.

One argued with me, and the other one stared at me. She was latino and had the hots for me. I could tell

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:10:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep.  They worship just like any other church.  Other than the fact they worship Jehovah rather than Jesus,  they are not all that different from you and I and like any other church setting,  you have the down to earth types on up to the straight up hypocritical thumpers.   I went with my mother in my childhood,  It was boring to me.  Nice people otherwise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would ask why their churches have no windows. What do they do in there?

Well they are open to the public so maybe try going and finding out?

No way, I'm scared. You go and come back and tell me.

I went with my aunt and my cousin when I was like 14-15. I fell asleep.  It was about as boring as my church.

Yep.  They worship just like any other church.  Other than the fact they worship Jehovah rather than Jesus,  they are not all that different from you and I and like any other church setting,  you have the down to earth types on up to the straight up hypocritical thumpers.   I went with my mother in my childhood,  It was boring to me.  Nice people otherwise.

Except they look down anyone that serves, think only so many thousands are admitted into "paradise" after they lie in wormy earth till judgement day, wont serve themselves and wont stand for the national anthem. Wont accept blood transfusions and will let their child die rather than have one... etc etc
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:12:39 PM EDT
[#32]
As you can see I don't ever post, just come here for my daily does of entertainment. After reading this thread I had to join in this memory has stuck with me for the last 30 years.

I was a 16 year old cocky punk that thought he was the best car mechanic around. I had a piece of shit 1971 Monte Carlo that I ran in the street stock class at the local dirt track. I was having a hell of a time chasing down a carburetor problem and couldn't keep the car running.

It was a hot summer day and I'm out in the garage working on the race car while my parents were at work. I saw a guy in a suite walking down the driveway. He introduces himself and hands me a pamphlet , I took one look at it and threw it in the trash and turned into a rude asshole. Told him to get out because I don't have time for his religious shit. He asked what I was working on and where I raced. Next thing I knew he took his suite coat off and is rolling up his sleeves. About an hour later that car was purring like a kitten. I offered to pay him but he refused and just said he was glad to be of help.

That has stuck with me all these years and I have never been rude to one since.

TLDR , I was rude to a  jehovah's witnesses but he still fixed my racecar.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Except they look down anyone that serves, think only so many thousands are admitted into "paradise" after they lie in wormy earth till judgement day, wont serve themselves and wont stand for the national anthem. Wont accept blood transfusions and will let their child die rather than have one... etc etc
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have personally never seen one look down on a person that served.  My father served,  he was never a regular,  however had gone with my mother and was never looked down upon,  actually they were very respectful.  

My brother was very involved in JW's,  he was a federal CO and a state CO on separate occasions,  and was never looked down upon.  In fact he was looked upon for lots of different things.  

The rest is true.  AFAIK
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
As you can see I don't ever post, just come here for my daily does of entertainment. After reading this thread I had to join in this memory has stuck with me for the last 30 years.

I was a 16 year old cocky punk that thought he was the best car mechanic around. I had a piece of shit 1971 Monte Carlo that I ran in the street stock class at the local dirt track. I was having a hell of a time chasing down a carburetor problem and couldn't keep the car running.

It was a hot summer day and I'm out in the garage working on the race car while my parents were at work. I saw a guy in a suite walking down the driveway. He introduces himself and hands me a pamphlet , I took one look at it and threw it in the trash and turned into a rude asshole. Told him to get out because I don't have time for his religious shit. He asked what I was working on and where I raced. Next thing I knew he took his suite coat off and is rolling up his sleeves. About an hour later that car was purring like a kitten. I offered to pay him but he refused and just said he was glad to be of help.

That has stuck with me all these years and I have never been rude to one since.

TLDR , I was rude to a  jehovah's witnesses but he still fixed my racecar.
View Quote

This is the way almost all of them are.  They are pound for pound probably some of the most polite and respectful people you will ever meet.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:23:36 PM EDT
[#35]
No need to be rude, you can ask to be put on the "do not call list"
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:26:02 PM EDT
[#36]
My MIL is a JW, it didn't take with my wife (thankfully) but it's worked out pretty great because my wife has really low expectations for her birthday and Christmas
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Does it suck not celebrating holidays?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hi All

Yes my post count is low I just read here most of the time

I am a Jehovah's Witness

I figure myself to be a regular guy

Ask away if you like but please I dont talk bad to you please dont badmouth me.

Kid

Does it suck not celebrating holidays?

Yes, it does. That's one of many reasons I walked away as an adult. I don't have much faith in a god who stands on ceremony to the point that children have to feel outcast among their peers. My concept of God is much bigger than the JW's are willing to accept.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Force? No. But they would wonder about your faith if you weren't out there trying to save as many as you could with "The Truth". If you were sincere in your beliefs as one of them, you would also feel it necessary. It's one of their core tenets: you are obliged to spread the word.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Don't they think that only a certain number of people go to heaven?  Wouldn't recruiting more competition be counter-intuitive to their goal?
View Quote

They believe 144,000 "anointed" go to heaven, and the rest of humanity who are saved will live forever on Earth as God intended.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I was married to one.

If nothing else, know this,  they are allowed to say things which are not true if that will get you to join.  It is not a 'lie' because it is for your own good.  This is in print in one of their own publications.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:44:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I was married to one.

If nothing else, know this,  they are allowed to say things which are not true if that will get you to join.  It is not a 'lie' because it is for your own good.  This is in print in one of their own publications.
View Quote

So they're basically Army recruiters?
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm Catholic.  I don't agree with them, but they're taking time out of their day to do what they think is the right thing.  I won't be mean to them at all.  They're aggravating at times, but I smile at them and thank them for their time.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

They don't look down on people that serve, but true they don't serve themselves. Matthew 26:52 - live by sword die by sword; they remain politically neutral - John 17:6 - no part of the world; Romans 13:1 - subject to governments authority, Matthew 22:21 - pay back Caesars things to Caesar - so they obey the law and pay taxes as long as the governments laws don't interfere with serving God.

John 17:3 - eternal life for those who come to know God - but it's more than just knowing who God is, even the demons know who God is (James 2-19) but faith without works is dead (James 2:20) so it takes action to be saved. Actions like following gods direction and living according to his laws and teaching others to come to know him. Paradise is for any and all who serve God, but heaven is only for a small number 144000 (revelation 7:4) this is a definite number given to John where 7:9 talks about a great crowd no man was able to number so that's is why it's viewed as a set number.

National anthem - while they submit to the governments and live peacefully, they don't offer their allegiance to any nation or group only God.

As for blood transfusions - https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/

Read it from their own website with plenty of references to medical studies and journals; and it shows benefits to performing surgeries without blood transfusions

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:49:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ha... Ha...  Ha...  They knock on your door, and want to talk about the Bible.  You may be ignorant of this, but Christ and his Disciples did the same work back in the first century.  

Let's call this what it is.  Your "scorn" has nothing to do with property rights or busybody-ness.  Your argument seems personal...  So either your an athiest, or you're anti social.  Or both.  Next time, try being a human being, and politely say you're not interested.  They will go on their merry way.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:54:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They don't look down on people that serve, but true they don't serve themselves. Matthew 26:52 - live by sword die by sword; they remain politically neutral - John 17:6 - no part of the world; Romans 13:1 - subject to governments authority, Matthew 22:21 - pay back Caesars things to Caesar - so they obey the law and pay taxes as long as the governments laws don't interfere with serving God.

John 17:3 - eternal life for those who come to know God - but it's more than just knowing who God is, even the demons know who God is (James 2-19) but faith without works is dead (James 2:20) so it takes action to be saved. Actions like following gods direction and living according to his laws and teaching others to come to know him. Paradise is for any and all who serve God, but heaven is only for a small number 144000 (revelation 7:4) this is a definite number given to John where 7:9 talks about a great crowd no man was able to number so that's is why it's viewed as a set number.

National anthem - while they submit to the governments and live peacefully, they don't offer their allegiance to any nation or group only God.

As for blood transfusions - https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/Read it from their own website with plenty of references to medical studies and journals; and it shows benefits to performing surgeries without blood transfusions

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As for blood transfusions - https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jehovahs-witnesses-why-no-blood-transfusions/Read it from their own website with plenty of references to medical studies and journals; and it shows benefits to performing surgeries without blood transfusions

Benefits like being told "your child will die if we don't give him blood" and saying NO to it? those kind of benefits?  My area, they do look down on those that serve, and are very vocal about it. That notwithstanding, the fact a guy duped them into the cult to build a palace for the coming, and then moved into it himself when it didn't happen, says plenty. What says more is two of my closest friends and one serving member were cast out and ostracized by the church and whole family by joining up and serving.  TO hell with that mindset. You don't want to pleg allegiance, and cast out those that do including family members? You shouldn't be here. Pick another damn place to live.

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've worked with them, and had them for neighbors.  I have nothing bad to say about them.  They are hard working folks, and are good family people.  That door to door work they do???  That's all volunteer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:01:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Benefits like being told "your child will die if we don't give him blood" and saying NO to it? those kind of benefits?  My area, they do look down on those that serve, and are very vocal about it. That notwithstanding, the fact a guy duped them into the cult to build a palace for the coming, and then moved into it himself when it didn't happen, says plenty. What says more is two of my closest friends and one serving member were cast out and ostracized by the church and whole family by joining up and serving.  TO hell with that mindset. You don't want to pleg allegiance, and cast out those that do including family members? You shouldn't be here. Pick another damn place to live.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your not willing to die for your beliefs? If you joined the military I would think you would right? And a doctor telling you you will die without one, what guarantee does the your doctor give you that you will live if you get one? Maybe your should read the constitution again
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:05:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So your not willing to die for your beliefs? If you joined the military I would think you would right? And a doctor telling you you will die without one, what guarantee does the your doctor give you that you will live if you get one? Maybe your should read the constitution again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody that cares for their child would give them every chance they could. Well, anyone not a member of a kooky cult. Dying for your belief, and allowing your child to die for your beliefs
are separate. Did you miss the part that the ones that joined up to serve were cast out an excommunicated by their own families? Agree with that do you?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Religion & politics! I should have known better... sorry Mods.

P.S. - Still haven't gotten a square answer to my original question.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:15:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Anybody that cares for their child would give them every chance they could. Well, anyone not a member of a kooky cult. Dying for your belief, and allowing your child to die for your beliefs
are separate. Did you miss the part that the ones that joined up to serve were cast out an excommunicated by their own families? Agree with that do you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well when you preach peace and love, and "beat swords into plowshares, not learn war anymore" and you go take up arms to kill another man why shouldn't they be excommunicated? How is it not being fair? Jesus said be no part of the world too, meaning remain policticaly neutral. Plenty of jehovahs witnesses were put into nazi concentration camps just like Jews, soviets sent them away to Siberia to die in labor camps. They are willing to die for their beliefs and many have. Plenty of conciensious objectors spend years in prision here in the states as well as far back as ww1 for their beliefs.

And just because a child is being raised as a Jehovah's Witness doesn't mean they don't want to be either. And there have been plenty of cases where children went before judges and defended their beliefs even as small children in regards to blood transfusions.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top