User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like how they want to outlaw cooking with salt and sodas >20 oz, but legalize pot.  
View Quote

Who, specifically, do you mean by they? Got some names?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like how they want to outlaw cooking with salt and sodas >20 oz, but legalize pot.  

It's GD. Anyone who disagrees with any opinion held by any member is a "liberal" and *all* liberals subscribe to one monolithic ideology. If one liberal says it, all liberals agree, according to GD logic. It makes no difference how untrue that thought process is, it's the GD law. Similarly, if one liberal does something, all people who do that thing are automatically liberals.

Go figure.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:32:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Smoking anything is inherently bad for your lungs.

The freedom to do it is what matters.

Cigarettes are pretty gross though.
View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:35:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's GD. Anyone who disagrees with any opinion held by any member is a "liberal" and *all* liberals subscribe to one monolithic ideology. If one liberal says it, all liberals agree, according to GD logic. It makes no difference how untrue that thought process is, it's the GD law. Similarly, if one liberal does something, all people who do that thing are automatically liberals.

Go figure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go figure.

Nice way to out yourself as an HRC-loving liberal.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Help me make sense of this apparent conflict in their reasoning? What am I missing?
View Quote

The assumption you aren't going to smoke 1-3 packs a day and their belief that anything "natural" is healthy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have met a lot of pot smokers over the years. You ruled out the vast majority of them with your first assumption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vegan/vegetarian diet = good, healthy.

Wheat bread = healthy

Gluten = Your dick flying off like a bottle rocket.

Never understood how they came to that conclusion, since we've been eating wheat bread for what... Three thousand years?

Tobacco = lung cancer

liquor = must be taxed or it's bad!

pot = no health risks whatsofuckingever. Nevermind that weed kills brain cells. Not as many as alcohol, but still.

ETA: Their reasoning is shit, and based solely on their 'feelz.' Remember that, and you will understand why they say the things they do.

I have met a lot of pot smokers over the years. You ruled out the vast majority of them with your first assumption.

There's a reason I refuse to date vegans/vegetarians. That's like running a car on pure ethanol.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We have had tens of millions of people smoking tens of millions of pounds of illegal pot from uncertain origins for the last fifty years. When do you suppose we will have some clear signs that it causes cancer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Soil contains trace amounts of radioactive materials.  Plants are bio-accumulators, see bananas and ionizing radiation from potassium isotopes.

When smoked (MJ and tobacco, not bananas), they can do lots of damage internally.  Skin normally stops the damage.

MJ will be shown to cause cancer soon enough, so the war on weed will meet the war on pain meds and heroin.

We have had tens of millions of people smoking tens of millions of pounds of illegal pot from uncertain origins for the last fifty years. When do you suppose we will have some clear signs that it causes cancer?

Any day now.....
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:05:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Marijuana is natural and grows from the ground.

Tobacco is made by Philip Morris.

View Quote

I think the major difference is that tobacco contains nicotine. When the CIA wanted a poison that would kill in small, barely detectable quantities, they chose an analog of nicotine. It used to be used as an insecticide until the EPA banned it for being too hazardous to the environment. Years ago, they had a report on people who got severe nicotine poisoning from just picking it when it was wet.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Cigarettes are worse for you than pot..... They should both be legal. It's not the tobacco that's bad, it's all the bullshit they add to them.

Legalize all of it so both sides can shut up and get over it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
EVERYTHING... NORMAL... must be beaten out of our culture...( consertive life style, living within your means, only buying things you can afford, accepting that you CANT always have what your neighbor has, ( nice car, college degree, etc ) ... ( that's all racist, xenophobic, unfair, and evil ) .

and EVERYTHING, illegal, weird, immoral, etc,  ( weed), things looked down upon previously, ( lazy, people ,  dumbass ideals, multiple kids with multiple men, criminal history, etc,  ) and immoral, ( lgbt) MUST be welcomed with open arms...

Christianity ( which is common,  boring, and intrusive )  is the devil... but muslims are new and exotic, so we must embrace them. working hard, to finally have a nice life / house / job at 30-40-50 is evil... you SHOULD have that all, while working at mcdonalds, when your 18 years old now....

and if you don't 100% happily embrace whatever new thing they force on you.... your a racist, homophobe, muslim hater...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Help me make sense of this apparent conflict in their reasoning? What am I missing?

EVERYTHING... NORMAL... must be beaten out of our culture...( consertive life style, living within your means, only buying things you can afford, accepting that you CANT always have what your neighbor has, ( nice car, college degree, etc ) ... ( that's all racist, xenophobic, unfair, and evil ) .

and EVERYTHING, illegal, weird, immoral, etc,  ( weed), things looked down upon previously, ( lazy, people ,  dumbass ideals, multiple kids with multiple men, criminal history, etc,  ) and immoral, ( lgbt) MUST be welcomed with open arms...

Christianity ( which is common,  boring, and intrusive )  is the devil... but muslims are new and exotic, so we must embrace them. working hard, to finally have a nice life / house / job at 30-40-50 is evil... you SHOULD have that all, while working at mcdonalds, when your 18 years old now....

and if you don't 100% happily embrace whatever new thing they force on you.... your a racist, homophobe, muslim hater...

Then they get really pissed when you start acting the way they have accused you of acting.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY Liberals

It was news the same time Colorado was in the process of legalizing pot.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-dem-felix-ortiz-ban-salt-new-york-restaurants-article-1.175126

http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/13/goodbye-big-soda-new-york-becomes-first-city-to-ban-large-sized-soft-drinks/

ETA:  The soda ban is actually >16 oz
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY Liberals

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn-dem-felix-ortiz-ban-salt-new-york-restaurants-article-1.175126

http://healthland.time.com/2012/09/13/goodbye-big-soda-new-york-becomes-first-city-to-ban-large-sized-soft-drinks/

Where does it say that those same people want to legalize pot?

Does that mean that pot legalization is a bad idea -- just because that person supports it?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Does that mean that pot legalization is a bad idea -- just because that person supports it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY Liberals

Never said it was the same person.  "They" refers to democrats.  At the same time, NY liberals were banning soda and trying to ban salt, meanwhile CO liberals were legalizing pot.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Tobacco is controlled by giant corporations man, and they sit in their corporation buildings, acting all corporationy, and then they make money man.

Pot is natural man, it's for the people.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#17]
pot is a wonder drug that cures damn near everything
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dirty plebs smoke cigarettes.  They have blue collar jobs and watch NASCAR.

Cool people that want to expand their minds and vote Democrat smoke weed.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:32:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Never said it was the same person.  "They" refers to democrats.  At the same time, NY liberals were banning soda and trying to ban salt, meanwhile CO liberals were legalizing pot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NY Liberals

And there's the problem with generalizations. "Liberal" is so vague a term that its very definition can't even be decided upon by the person using it as a pejorative. I know a bunch of conservatives that would like to see mj legalized/decriminalized.

Just because someone who is a liberal has *one* opinion, doesn't mean everyone else who shares that opinion is a liberal, whatever the fuck "liberal" even means.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, I am certainly glad that if you can't name any specific person, you are certainly capable of making one up to complain about. If you had to base this on reality, you might completely run out of reasons to be pissed about something.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:37:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, I am certainly glad that if you can't name any specific person, you are certainly capable of making one up to complain about. If you had to base this on reality, you might completely run out of reasons to be pissed about something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In GD?

Now who's rocking the ganj?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vaping has also been declared as bad, despite there being many, many liberals in the vaping community.

Vapists.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What if they made it legal and RJ Reynolds started growing it for the masses???
View Quote

We would become Jamaica in 10 years.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:41:15 PM EDT
[#24]
There are plenty here on arfcom with the same outlook.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wow that is a quality post.  deserves its own thread and needs to be tacked
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#26]
We should do it if it saves one child, unless it's keep murders locked up.

We do everything for the children, including killing them before they're born.

We believe in evolution, unless it comes to the natural selection part of it. We will spend everyone else's money to prevent it in humans and animals that would have died out generations ago.

The best thing to do to protect rape victims is to keep rape penalties low.

Religion is the root of all bad and evil, as long as it's Christianity

Etc etc
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me spell this out slowly for you so MAYBE you can follow along this time.

The title of this thread is "Liberals assure me smoking is bad...unless it's pot."  Liberals meaning...multiple people all being members of a group called....you guessed it....LIBERALS.  

Still following?

Now, I spoke of the irony of liberals in the state of NY (this means New York) trying to outlaw salt and soda while at the same approximate time in world history, there were members of the same group we are referring to as liberals, working to legalize pot in the state of CO (this means Colorado).  At no time did I ever say the same person was writing laws in both Colorado and New fucking York.

I posted links that you obviously failed to read demonstrated that this is actual "reality" and contain names of the actual people involved and prove this not part of whatever fantasy you belong to.  

Now go back to DU.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:08:09 PM EDT
[#28]
It is all about control.  

It's much easier to subdue the populace when they are gakked out of their mind on dope.   Nicotine doesn't subdue.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The title of this thread is "Liberals assure me smoking is bad...unless it's pot."  Liberals meaning...multiple people all being members of a group called....you guessed it....LIBERALS.  

Still following?

Now, I spoke of the irony of liberals in the state of NY (this means New York) trying to outlaw salt and soda while at the same approximate time in world history, there were members of the same group we are referring to as liberals, working to legalize pot in the state of CO (this means Colorado).  At no time did I ever say the same person was writing laws in both Colorado and New fucking York.

I posted links that you obviously failed to read demonstrated that this is actual "reality" and contain names of the actual people involved and prove this not part of whatever fantasy you belong to.  

Now go back to DU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still following?

Now go back to DU.

Yeah, I got all that. You don't know of any such specific person, so you created some. That's what I said. Any stereotype that you can make up that makes you feel better is a good one.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It is all about control.  

It's much easier to subdue the populace when they are gakked out of their mind on dope.   Nicotine doesn't subdue.
View Quote

Have you ever smoked? Seriously? Reading shit like that is so damn stupid that really shows how clueless people are.  Plenty of successful people do all sorts of shit and are plenty aware about the world, but I know this is the covert weed bashing thread so you guys are going to continue deluding yourself into it being bad because liberals like it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't do much for stupidity at least in my observations.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Have you ever smoked? Seriously? Reading shit like that is so damn stupid that really shows how clueless people are.  Plenty of successful people do all sorts of shit and are plenty aware about the world, but I know this is the covert weed bashing thread so you guys are going to continue deluding yourself into it being bad because liberals like it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is all about control.  

Because, if you smoke pot, you will blindly line up and believe everything that HRC says. It is just like Walking Dead, man. You heard it on GD.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Pot causes a hell of a lot of stupidity. However, most of it happens in people who have never taken it. It is dangerous stuff.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Power kicker:
View Quote

well there are 20 cigs in a pack many smokers smoke 10 or more a day.

a joint. as i understand it is a one to a pack thing, and as far as I know only really hard partying guys smoke more than 4 a day.  

still at least a cig has a filter.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah, I got all that. You don't know of any such specific person, so you created some. That's what I said. Any stereotype that you can make up that makes you feel better is a good one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still following?

Now go back to DU.

What stereotype?

It's irony.

It's like if one group of conservatives wants to outlaw slingshots in state A, meanwhile another group of conservatives wants to legalize RPG's in state B.

I'm not Felix Ortiz's father or anyone else in the links so I obviously didn't "create" them.

It's not stereotyping.  It's not making things up.  It's irony that outlines the misguided and often contradictory priorities of a specific group of people.   Just like the OP is pointing out that this same group thinks smoking pot is OK but cigarettes are bad.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:22:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It is all about control.  

View Quote

Dumbest thing I've read all day. Try a little less foil tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Delayed dbl tap
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What stereotype?

It's irony.

It's like if one group of conservatives wants to outlaw slingshots in state A, meanwhile another group of conservatives wants to legalize RPG's in state B.

I'm not Felix Ortiz's father or anyone else in the links so I obviously didn't "create" them.

It's not stereotyping.  It's not making things up.  It's irony that outlines the misguided and often contradictory priorities of a specific group of people.   Just like the OP is pointing out that this same group thinks smoking pot is OK but cigarettes are bad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still following?

Now go back to DU.

What stereotype?

It's irony.

What stereotype? And then he describes the stereotype. Pure GD goodness.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread is an embarrassing pile of crap.

This is the kind of jeering, dismissive un-logic you read on the DU website.

Do you middleschoolers honestly not know that marijuana and tobacco are two different plants with different chemical properties?

And that they are consumed in completely different quantities?

A typical cigarette smoker consumes 28 grams of tobacco a day.

One marijuana cigarette is 0.7 grams

Even if a guy smoked a joint a day, which would be a massive shitload of marijuana use, the cigarette smoker is going to be inhaling at least 30 times as much smoke in a day.

There is not a lot of data but it seems that the primary risk to the lungs of smoking marijuana is chronic bronchitis.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:34:05 PM EDT
[#40]
point of order here... everyone thinks smoking is bad. (except for fucking idiots)

it's just a question of whether or not that group wants to stop you from smoking or not.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Yep. Pot causes a hell of a lot of stupidity. However, most of it happens in people who have never taken it. It is dangerous stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Keep telling yourself that...
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Do you middleschoolers honestly not know that marijuana and tobacco are two different plants with different chemical properties?

Even if a guy smoked a joint a day, which would be a massive shitload of marijuana use, the cigarette smoker is going to be inhaling at least 30 times as much smoke in a day.

There is not a lot of data but it seems that the primary risk to the lungs of smoking marijuana is chronic bronchitis.
View Quote

You are forgetting the very real psychoactive effects...
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#43]
When the populace is stoned out of there gord, the politicians can pass laws under the radar without being noticed.   If you can get people hooked on drugs and then control the supply, then you control the person.  Makes gun confiscation easier when people are too doped up to fight
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When the populace is stoned out of there gord, the politicians can pass laws under the radar without being noticed.   If you can get people hooked on drugs and then control the supply, then you control the person.  Makes gun confiscation easier when people are doped up to fight
View Quote

Just stop.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

It is interesting that liberals want people to be "free" to smoke weed, but not tobacco.  
View Quote

i was under the impression it was more of a hate for the "corporation" that sold tobacco.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Liberalism is a mental illness   it's that simple
View Quote

The actual quote is:  "Liberalism is a mental disorder."-Michael Savage
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just stop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When the populace is stoned out of there gord, the politicians can pass laws under the radar without being noticed.   If you can get people hooked on drugs and then control the supply, then you control the person.  Makes gun confiscation easier when people are too doped up to fight

Just stop.

Why?  You think I'm anti pot or something?  I don't care who smokes pot. In fact I think it should be legal.  I would have no problem voting to make pot legal at a Federal level.   As long as Employers rights are equally as protected and as long as employers can fire people for smoking pot.  You guarantee that an  employer has the right to hire and fire whom they please, including pot smokers, and I would vote to legalize it tonight.  

But I will never hire a pot smoker if I know that they smoke.  While I advocate the freedom to do so. I don't want the lazy bastards working for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:52:49 PM EDT
[#48]
A cigarette contains about 1 gram of tobacco. I'd say the median smoker has 20 a day.

On the other hand, the median pot smokers will smoke less than 1 gram.

Further, TSNAs are the primary carcinogens in tobacco smoke. They're tobacco specific.

That's not to say that marijuana smoke is safe, it just probably contains far less carcinogenic material.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
Tobacco contains the most addictive substance know to man, and is highly carcinogenic. And it causes severe heart disease.

Marijuana doesn't.

Got it?

Duh.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Americans smoke about 22 million pounds of pot per year and have done so for decades.

You know how the drug companies will test drugs on rats and then do testing on human test subjects?

Well marijuana had a test like that, it's called "The worldwide use by millions of people for decades and decades test"

If there was some kind of huge problem with smoking pot it would be common knowledge by now.

Why would anyone compare smoking cigarettes to smoking pot?

Aside from the fact that both are inhaled as smoke, there is almost zero similarity between the two.

It would be far more appropriate to compare it to drinking alcohol.

I don't smoke pot or cigarettes

I just don't have this obsession with "hating hippies" that these curmudgeons have.

Human beings are so emotional and ideological that their ability to process factual data is screwed up.
Page / 4
Top Top