Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2016 10:55:12 PM EDT
Fuck my right kidney hurts right now.  Most days it's fine, but when I get on really rough roads at work it hurts like hell.  Tonight as I was climbing out of the truck the pain hit me like a fucking locomotive.  Fuck this hurts.

I drink nowhere near enough water while working outside here in south texas.  Spend a lot of time mildly dehydrated and I drink a lot of mtn dew.

How fucked am i?

Dibs are now open.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Your fucked. Texas? Dibs on brodozer
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the club.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, you WILL know that you have a kidney stone, the moment youy're on your knees, white as a ghost, almost puking your guts out in pain.

And yes, you are fucked up; dibs on your sammich-maker, your guns and your cowboy hat. (I'm a greedy mo-fo)
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My normal course of action is a bunch of distilled water and aspirin... when that fails and I'm curled up rolling around in a fetal position and onto my knees...

I bite the financial bullet, head to the ER, get a shot or two of Toradol which doesn't get you high.  Ask for it specifically they'll know you aren't a dope seeker.

5-10 mins later.. /fixed  
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#5]
When you fall in the floor and start puking, then you'll know how fucked you really are.

ETA: Dibs on the pot of chili y'all got stashed around there somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:03:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oh, you WILL know that you have a kidney stone, the moment youy're on your knees, white as a ghost, almost puking your guts out in pain.

And yes, you are fucked up; dibs on your sammich-maker, your guns and your cowboy hat. (I'm a greedy mo-fo)
View Quote

Unless it is a gallstone and then you are puking your guts out.

OP go get it checked. Dilauded is your new best friend.
Gallstones are a magnitude greater in pain and fuckery that pissing a kidney stone is a relief in a gallstone attack.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:04:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You will know by the time it gets around to your side.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#8]
When you piss does it turn to blood and hurt like fuck?
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Make sure it's not a kidney infection.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]

OP, maybe you're just ovulating.  When did your last period start?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Go to the ER and get checked out, my kidney stone turned out to be cancer.

I was lucky, it was discovered before it left the kidney.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
When youre in the fetal position wishing someone would shoot you thats when you know you have a stone.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:30:47 PM EDT
[#13]
You fucked. DIbs on the guns. Personally even in West Texas I drink at least a gallon of water a day and in the humid areas like you I drink more. Got to stay hydrated and that MD does you nothing good but leave you dehydrated and a shit load of sugar.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 11:58:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

My normal course of action is a bunch of distilled water and aspirin... when that fails and I'm curled up rolling around in a fetal position and onto my knees...

I bite the financial bullet, head to the ER, get a shot or two of Toradol which doesn't get you high.  Ask for it specifically they'll know you aren't a dope seeker.

5-10 mins later.. /fixed  
View Quote

Oh good grief man... the Dilaudid and the cute nurses are the only fun things about a kidney stone, don't harsh his mellow.

My primary hospital is a teaching hospital so there are always young girls wandering around.  I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy the current student nurse apparel consisting of a scrub top and yoga pants. Being on painkillers (which they pass out like candy) and therefore allowed to make lewd remarks is a nice bonus.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got medical insurance again with my new job but I don't have a doctor.  

Not pissing any blood.  Just a lot of pain in the right kidney type area.  Started about a week ago but it wasn't too bad.  But tonight it is fucking horrible.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#16]
If it's your 1st go to the ER/Doc. After that you can save the money because you know they can't really do anything for you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#17]
My brother endured one years ago and said it worse than gonorrhea!
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#18]
my best freind thought he had a kidney stone turned out to be pancreatic cancer. go to the Doctor.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not pissing any blood.  Just a lot of pain in the right kidney type area.  Started about a week ago but it wasn't too bad.  But tonight it is fucking horrible.  
View Quote

I've been through that twice. I seriously doubt I could have sat at a computer and typed anything. I've had a lot of things happen through the years, broken bones, broken back, hit on the head with an 18 inch pipe wrench that fell 16ft, to name a few but nothing, I REPEAT, NOTHiNG is as painful as a kidney stone. Maybe going through labor but I don't have to worry about that, I'm to old

Good luck OP, I pray all goes well and you pass it quickly.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:01:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Took two months to pass mine.

Slept on the couch, so I could roll off the couch into the floor, then crawl to the bathroom and puke.

When asked, I described the pain as feeling like somebody was trying to remove my kidney with a dull spoon.

Turned out that I had a kidney infection, in addition to the stone.

Go to the doctor.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Great.  Now I'm stuck on the side of the road with a broken down tractor. Sheared off almost all the lugs on the rear axle.  

I love my life.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Look in the mirror, are your eyes still white or are they starting to turn yellow?
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I've had a shit ton of kidney stones, and while everyone is effected a bit differently , the "bumpy roads made it hurt" was a bit strange. I've also never really had heinous pain that started basically instantly. usually, for me anyway, it builds up and then plateaus in shitville. It's possible it's something else. Best to go see a dr.

Also, to gall stone guy, kidney stones can do the same thing. About half of mine the "attack" starts with a shit ton of vomiting...like every couple of minutes for an hour with lots of dry heaving once the stomach is empty.

I've had 8-10 regular lithos and 3 neph tube lithos. Passed a lot the old fashioned way too. I've had over 100 of them total, including a couple of golf ball sized mother fuckers. Started when I was 17. Actually pissed blood at MEPS and almost didnt get to go in the Marines because of it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well you're going to get one now.  

And just a lot of pain in the kidney area is only the start!  Wait till you get the massive pain in your balls.  Seriously.  After it leaves the kidney and until it passes into the bladder, you're going to feel like someone has kicked you square in the nuts.

Find a Urologist.  He'll want you to get some contrast X-rays just to find out how many more you have and to rule out toomah.

And welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:12:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And just a lot of pain in the kidney area is only the start!  Wait till you get the massive pain in your balls.  Seriously.  After it leaves the kidney and until it passes into the bladder, you're going to feel like someone has kicked you square in the nuts.

Find a Urologist.  He'll want you to get some contrast X-rays just to find out how many more you have and to rule out toomah.

And welcome to the club.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And welcome to the club.

Not necessarily, I've never had ball pain. What I get after the stone leaves the kidney is a shooting pain that starts on the flanks of the tummy area and flies all the way down the tube to the tip of the penis. Fucking hurts, and comes in waves. In that sense it's better than the constant back pain that came before, but the shit fucking sucks, no way around it.

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:14:53 AM EDT
[#26]
I remember the time I "thought"  I had one lol.  It was right before date night where I felt lower back pain. Took a chick to the movie, had to go to the restroom real bad half way through, but when I got in there, everything locked up. Couldn't go, nothing.  The third time I tried after the movie, and all I remember is going to the stall, getting dizzy, terrible pain, fell to the floor at some point,  etc. I walked out like 15 minutes later and somehow drove myself to the ER. Not a good night at all.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:18:41 AM EDT
[#27]
My finances are so fucked that I can't afford a doctor's visit or time off of work.  Guess I'll take a midol and shut the fuck up till they have to haul me off in an ambulance.

Hopefully it just goes away.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:37:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My finances are so fucked that I can't afford a doctor's visit or time off of work.  Guess I'll take a midol and shut the fuck up till they have to haul me off in an ambulance.

View Quote

Lots of water.  Soak in a hot shower/tub.  More water.  Then more water.  Lay off the Mountain Douche.  Try jumping and landing hard (stiff legs) to jar the thing down.  You really do need to make the time to go to a urologist though.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:41:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just go. They need to image you to see if you have one, and how big it is. They will also give you morphine, or another strong pain killer. Hook you up to fluids until you piss it out. Ive never been there for more than 6 hours. Take a book, or a tablet/phone

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#30]
If it's too big to pass you can actually die from it.  No shit.  Kidney can bust, cause sepsis, etc.  If you think you have a stone you need to get to the ER and get a CT scan.  If it's small enough to pass...buy gallon jug of water, drink that shit as fast as possible.  Should pass in a couple hours or so.  BUT YOU NEED A DOCTOR TO TELL YOU IF ITS SMALL ENOUGH TO PASS.  

Oh and sometimes an appendicitis can mimic a kidney stone.  Untreated = death.  Seriously go to the ER.

ETA:  I've passed 4-5 stones and I'm 31.  I also work in a hospital.  These things aren't to be fucked around with unless you've had a scan of your kidneys and know the size.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If it's too big to pass you can actually die from it.  No shit.  Kidney can bust, cause sepsis, etc.  If you think you have a stone you need to get to the ER and get a CT scan.  If it's small enough to pass...buy gallon jug of water, drink that shit as fast as possible.  Should pass in a couple hours or so.  BUT YOU NEED A DOCTOR TO TELL YOU IF ITS SMALL ENOUGH TO PASS.  

Oh and sometimes an appendicitis can mimic a kidney stone.  Untreated = death.  Seriously go to the ER.

ETA:  I've passed 4-5 stones and I'm 31.  I also work in a hospital.  These things aren't to be fucked around with unless you've had a scan of your kidneys and know the size.
View Quote

Side Note: Back in the day, and probably still, hospitals had something called "charity care" as in if you are broke, and uninsured they would write the bill off and not screw up your credit ect.

ASK the billing dept. later, stop in and chat to the lady.  Your best bets would be a Catholic or Presbyterian hospital.

take your ass in.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:51:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I tried to describe how mine felt to my wife. Imagine a baseball bat with a long, sharp nail sticking out of the end. Now imagine someone swings it at your kidney as hard as they can. That's what it felt like. It took my breath away when it hit, and I was unable to stand for three days, having to get help from my wife or pull myself up with a chair.

I thought I had thrown my back out, severely. Enough that I thought I was going to need physical therapy, because I'd never experienced back pain like this. And then suddenly the agony disappeared. My back was still very, very sore, but not agonizing. I went to pee, and felt something zipping out of me, like I had peed out a shard of glass. And then the blood started. A lot of bleeding. And then I realized I had passed a kidney stone.

You do need to see a doctor. I went to the ER and was referred to a urologist, who did extensive urinalyses and x-rays, and helped me make changes to prevent anymore kidney stones. I hope I never get another one. I drink a shit ton of water now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 2:54:42 AM EDT
[#33]
I have one now, am stented and scheduled for a Laser Lithotripsy next week. Go to the damn hospital and get checked out! They don't always pass and you dont want
to deal with an infection.

Go to the damn ER
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:05:28 AM EDT
[#34]
As soon as I get rescued from the side of the road and get back to the yard I'll head to the ER.  

Damn this shit hurts.  A deep breath makes it hurt now.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 3:29:40 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Your finances will be really fucked if something is wrong with your insides and you put off getting it diagnosed.

I think everyone has a different experience with stones - I haven't had ball pain, it's worst for me when the stone is leaving the kidney.  Pulsing pain that seems to last a day or two, can't shit, and urge to piss fairly constantly.  I piss the thing out a week later.   Can't say that the pain is made any worse by activity... just when it hits - it's there until the stone moves.

You know when something isn't right, and that's when you go to the Dr. or ER... but I'll add that if you are pissing blood, that's a good sign to go to the Dr.  If you stop pissing or are pissing brown/very little then get to the ER right fucking now.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:35:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Any update?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#37]
If you have a kidney stone, you don't ask if you have a kidney stone. You know.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Unrelated to your kidney stone... or cancer... whatever the fuck it is...

What TWO assholes voted that they love obama? HUH? ANSWER ME! I know you are reloading the page over and over again.

Whew. I need to lay off the coffee.

OP, good luck. And stop breaking your trucks. Easy does it you know.

More water, less liquor, more beer. You'll be fine right after you get your ass to the ER.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Unrelated to your kidney stone... or cancer... whatever the fuck it is...

What TWO assholes voted that they love obama? HUH? ANSWER ME! I know you are reloading the page over and over again.

Whew. I need to lay off the coffee.

OP, good luck. And stop breaking your trucks. Easy does it you know.

More water, less liquor, more beer. You'll be fine right after you get your ass to the ER.
View Quote
Lol.  I have to select every option in a multiple choice poll.  Always.  

I am still alive.  Still haven't been to a doctor.  Kidney still hurts.  Now I get a strange sensation in my bladder.  Might just be in my mind.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:02:24 AM EDT
[#40]
I had more pain in the front low left, but it moved between back and front.  Seemed to flair up a little while after eating.  No pee pain, and no visible blood in pee.  Didn't think it was kidney stone because of that.  But when I woke up feeling like my intestines were pouring sewage into my gut, I headed for the ER.

5 hours in the waiting room (Friday night) they took me back to a room, got a CT scan and told me size, risk, etc.  Gave me a shot of Toradol and the pain was gone 10 mins later...that was the end of the pain.

My part of the bill was $3600 (Blue Cross), which I paid cash so they reduced to $2500
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Had one more than a week ago. Its amazing something so small can cause so much pain.

After a day of agony and puking I went to the ER got some Toradol and a little Morphine IV and a scan. took 5 days to pass it, Hydrocodone didn't help at all for pain.

Haven't go the bill yet but I have good insurance.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Bladder pain possibly from lack of water passing through the one side. When I had mine 11mmx8mm I had enough pain that my leftover loratabs fron a shoulder repair were puked up and I couldn't buckle a seat belt much less drive a manual transmission to the er.

Stuck 4" from bladder and urologist said it almost ripped through the lining.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine zapped today, home now pissing blood and razor blades. Still have one more stone in the left kidney and two in the right.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:24:20 PM EDT
[#44]
The internet is not the place for medical advice.

See a doctor and drink nothing but water (to flush your body).
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#45]
dibs on NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Just wait for blood out of your peepee hole.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#47]
They can do something about them.  I had one that was more than 5 mm.  The Dr. went in and took it out, and put in a stent.  Ask for the hard core pain killers.  You bleed for a day or two, but relief is worth it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Go get a CT scan to see how big the bugger is.  

If you can pass it - yay!

If you can't - Oh man...

If you don't get it checked and it's too damn big, you are in for a world of hurt as it progresses - or possibly plugs your stuff all up and festers.  

Good luck man.

They suck.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Kidney stones.....

God's way to show men how having a baby feels......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top